Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch... 0 Members and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  (Read 202736 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #910 on: January 04, 2012, 02:59:06 PM

edit: bitter taste has been acquired. I flashed a new ROM on my Android phone since my last one was spamming the shit outta me. Titanium can not restore the app and you have to reenter your info. Great, too bad you can not log onto their site to get said info unless you have the fucking security key. So in other words, guard yo security key shit and hope that never fails or else you are fuxxor'd.

That's kind of the point of multi-factor authentication. You'll have to call in for that most likely, same as for a lost or broken physical authenticator.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #911 on: January 04, 2012, 03:04:13 PM

Yeah, just call it in.

And in the future, remove the authenticator from your account before you wipe the phone and then just add it back.  That's what I did with Rift.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #912 on: January 04, 2012, 03:23:34 PM

If it's anything like Blizzard it's a quick and painless call.  I had to do the same thing when I had a smartphone with a Battle.net authenticator on it brick.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #913 on: January 04, 2012, 03:36:54 PM

I didn't use any companion gifts at all, except one that I got as a quest reward and gave to Gault. I just used Mako exclusively for those 30-odd levels. And escaped out of every conversation that gave -1 with her. I guess that'll do it.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #914 on: January 04, 2012, 03:45:59 PM

Onyxia is deep breathing more this patch too.
They broke Feign Death (again) too! ACK!
Jboots are slower.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #915 on: January 04, 2012, 05:49:34 PM

apparently if you type /getdown whatever's targeting you loses target and gets interrupted. Works on boss mobs  why so serious?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vun5geNHA5M

Not real.

You sure?
http://i.imgur.com/vclsr.jpg

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #916 on: January 04, 2012, 05:51:21 PM

MrB is confused; the only part that is "not real" is the alleged response from Bioware about "you can now only dance in special Dance Zones." He probably just misread what the correction in the Kotaku post was actually applying to.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #917 on: January 05, 2012, 01:00:54 AM

Patch going in right now to make emotes not break combat. So, it's not real anymore  awesome, for real
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #918 on: January 05, 2012, 01:35:22 AM

I just got the new 1.0.2b patch a few minutes ago, and something bad happened.  Whole computer locked up while it was trying to patch, and now after restarting and running a repair, I'm having to redownload 11GB of data  ACK! swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #919 on: January 05, 2012, 01:46:12 AM

/getdown being an aggro dump should have been a feature.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #920 on: January 05, 2012, 01:48:11 AM

why so serious? why so serious? why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #921 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:39 AM

So I actually reported a guy on the RP server that had a totally trolling-the-server name and who spent all of his play time on general trolling everyone with various profane, ugly, racist, Barrens-chat stuff. I almost never do it but this guy was asking for it and I suspect had been reported by half the server by the time I did it.

So when the ticket was closed, I was amused to see that the GM response cut-and-pasted the *CS instructions to GMs* into the response. Step #3, you'll all be glad to know, is "Remember to thank the customer."
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #922 on: January 05, 2012, 06:15:46 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #923 on: January 05, 2012, 06:17:12 AM

So I actually reported a guy on the RP server that had a totally trolling-the-server name and who spent all of his play time on general trolling everyone with various profane, ugly, racist, Barrens-chat stuff. I almost never do it but this guy was asking for it and I suspect had been reported by half the server by the time I did it.

So when the ticket was closed, I was amused to see that the GM response cut-and-pasted the *CS instructions to GMs* into the response. Step #3, you'll all be glad to know, is "Remember to thank the customer."

So now the question remains, were you ever truly thanked?  Or have we devolved into anthropomorphizing cut-paste responses.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #924 on: January 05, 2012, 06:39:08 AM

So now the question remains, were you ever truly thanked?  Or have we devolved into anthropomorphizing cut-paste responses.

It was meta customer support. They were letting you know what they could have done.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #925 on: January 05, 2012, 09:38:13 AM

/getdown being an aggro dump should have been a feature.
Can't help but wonder now if twi'lek racial special dance also does something unorthodox...
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #926 on: January 05, 2012, 10:26:58 AM

On the subject of bugs -- don't know if it's been mentioned but there seems to be a really annoying one, where on entering a new zone your character's stats don't take into account part of your equipment (meaning your character has few hundreds hp and armour less than they should, along with the attributes hit etc)

the work-around is to put on something else, then switch back to the original item, forcing the game to re-calculate your attributes.

It may be related to the equipment in question being social gear and thought one of the patches released so far was supposed to fix it, but it's still there today.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #927 on: January 05, 2012, 10:47:21 AM

On the subject of bugs -- don't know if it's been mentioned but there seems to be a really annoying one, where on entering a new zone your character's stats don't take into account part of your equipment (meaning your character has few hundreds hp and armour less than they should, along with the attributes hit etc)

the work-around is to put on something else, then switch back to the original item, forcing the game to re-calculate your attributes.

It may be related to the equipment in question being social gear and thought one of the patches released so far was supposed to fix it, but it's still there today.

Does it apply to comps?  I've had Kal in stripper's headgear for a while now... /sigh

On a more positive note... I do believe they've fixed (or somewhat fixed) the issue with the UI not saving your settings.  At least, I've not lost my cover bar setting of late.  Could be zone specific though.  I cant tell you how many times I've had to scramble during a fight to turn it back off.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #928 on: January 05, 2012, 02:45:55 PM

Briefly:

Right: 

--Star Warsyness. 
--Crew Missions
--Bonus missions, some of which are hidden in the landscape
--Character customization
--Moddable items
--Social points/rolls
--companions in general

Wrong:

--Galactic Trade Network
--Galactic Trade Network
--Galactic Trade Network
--Bugs Everywhere (ui, mission window, companions saying mission failed when it didn't, succeeded when it didn't, etc)
--Clunky gameplay, esp in warzones.  I will revisit this when my new computer arrives, but here is a thread talking about what I mean:  http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=133110
--Galactic Trade Network
--Galactic Trade Network

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #929 on: January 05, 2012, 02:57:26 PM

The GTN is seriously the biggest "what the fuck, who thought this was remotely acceptable" thing in the game for me, yes.

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #930 on: January 05, 2012, 03:23:23 PM

The entire vendor/sorting system is what the fuck. "Show usable" just doesn't work at all, you can't sort by anything useful.. the sub 50 pvp weapons all get thrown on one vendor for example, and good luck figuring out if there's a weapon for you here or not!
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #931 on: January 05, 2012, 04:00:30 PM

Does it apply to comps?  I've had Kal in stripper's headgear for a while now... /sigh
Hmm no clue but it's easy to check -- take note of their health/attribute that your social gear affects, take that piece off or swap it with something then put it back and see if there's a change? I dont' have any social gear on mine so couldn't test myself.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: January 05, 2012, 04:10:31 PM

Wanted to add a few positives I forgot:

Instances:  What a nice touch.  You can even see out of them while others can't see in.  It feels naughty.

Voice acting & animations:  While I was skeptical, and it takes away from my mmo zone-out playstyle, it's very well done.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #933 on: January 05, 2012, 04:14:18 PM

Yeah the way this game does instancing is just really impressive technically.

Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #934 on: January 05, 2012, 04:52:55 PM

Things to hate:
Companions breaking cc.
Companions pulling entire instances when you cross pathing discontinuities.
Quests that don't advance / un-announced blocks and gates.
STR/DEF Medium armor exists.
Grouping with the same base class but different advanced class makes keeping quests in sync nearly impossible and decidedly un-fun.
Knowing WTF to do in space combat.
Ship to ground transitions - why do I need to walk through 6 transitions to get to where the fun starts?
Running around an empty world.
GTN.
Vendors.
Hard interrupt requirement fights before you've got your interrupt or when you've got Companions screwing shit up.
Low level space quests always show up as available.
Companions acquisition rate and usefulness varies dramatically from class to class.

Things to like:
The class stories.
Space Combat when you've already played that game before.
Using knockback to throw mobs/others/NPCs off buildings and to their deaths.
Forcequake and Mortar Barrage when levelling.
Mission based crafting.
The loot Pillar.
AoE Looting.
Character customization.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #935 on: January 05, 2012, 05:19:41 PM

My current gripe is the abysmal sorting options(or lack thereof) in the crafting recipes pane.

I'm also annoyed by not being able to preview weapons before equipping them.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #936 on: January 05, 2012, 05:21:24 PM

str/def armor exists for the same reason cunning/def armor exists: just because. And I was amusingly thinking about a set for exploitative pve antics.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #937 on: January 05, 2012, 05:25:49 PM

Cunning/Def armor is used by a couple companions (Dr. Lokin would be an example I believe); I don't think str/def is, but I wouldn't be surprised if some prior iteration of one of them did and that's why it exists in the tables.

EDIT: I take that back, he's dps/heal, not tank/heal.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:36:33 PM by Ingmar »

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #938 on: January 05, 2012, 05:30:20 PM

Using knockback to throw mobs/others/NPCs off buildings and to their deaths.
Love this one. Did it tons in Cademimu run, and then a turret operator did it to me in the end as clear payback why so serious?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #939 on: January 05, 2012, 05:38:04 PM

Cunning/Def armor is used by a couple companions (Dr. Lokin would be an example I believe); I don't think str/def is, but I wouldn't be surprised if some prior iteration of one of them did and that's why it exists in the tables.

EDIT: I take that back, he's dps/heal, not tank/heal.

That would also explain the combat knife with aim someone linked in Nar Shadda a few nights ago.   swamp poop

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #940 on: January 05, 2012, 08:11:03 PM

Yeah the way this game does instancing is just really impressive technically.
I don't think so, it's more of a barbaric approach.  Instead of a nice phasing system which you don't even notice you have these in-your-face forcefields everywhere.  They are just rooms without doors that may or may not be locked since their tech can't handle two people in the same place but different instances.  A particularly bad example is the forge where lightsabres are made on the jedi starter planet.  Both knights and consulars use the same area for their final class quest but have to enter from separate force fields because the system is so badly done.

Empire side doesn't even have a useable cantina on Alderaan because the whole damn thing had to be locked down due to a bounty hunter mission in there, it's tacky because it's not actually phased.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #941 on: January 05, 2012, 08:46:01 PM

I think the fact that it's obvious and in-your-face is to its credit.  Having it be not obvious that you are in a solo phase (red bar around your menu) or what have you would just lead to a lot of frustration.  It's not elegant in the slightest, but I think it's an acceptable loss to make it very clear considering how the rules around different kinds of phases are important for the game.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #942 on: January 05, 2012, 11:44:06 PM

str/def armor exists for the same reason cunning/def armor exists: just because. And I was amusingly thinking about a set for exploitative pve antics.
Wouldn't it exist for the jedi knights who want their counter-not-on-gcd move trigger reasonably often? Or just the ones who pick some degree of avoidance over the straight hp bloat.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:47:28 PM by tmp »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #943 on: January 05, 2012, 11:53:21 PM

Jedi knight tanks wear heavy.

Triax
Terracotta Army

Reply #944 on: January 06, 2012, 12:18:45 AM

Empire side, the following armor combos are used:
Light Armor:
Will/Endurance is for Sith Inquisitor (both classes)

Medium Armor:
Cunning/Endurance is for Imperial Agents (both classes)
Strength/Endurance is for Sith Warrior/Marauder class

Heavy Armor:
Aim/Endurance is for Bounty Hunter (both classes)
Strength/Endurance is for Sith Warrior/Juggernaught class

Not sure what the combos are for the Republic side, haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  
Jump to: