Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread  (Read 76448 times)
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: December 16, 2011, 05:06:51 AM

My wife insisted on picking the server for our Friends and Family guild and I cautioned her not to pick a "cool sounding name" server because of the high dickbag/normal player ratio.  (I suggested an RP server but that was poo-pooed as being too nerdy).

She ended up picking the goon server.   awesome, for real
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #316 on: December 16, 2011, 06:17:38 AM

Your attention please:

The purpz. I has them.

That is all.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: December 16, 2011, 06:43:52 AM

I made a level 16 medpac last night thats purple and heals me and my companion for 850 damage.  90 second cooldown, never runs out!

You can have it.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: December 16, 2011, 06:52:04 AM

You can have it.

That one should be BoP  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: December 16, 2011, 06:53:48 AM

Still no email for my 12/10 preorder. Should be some time this morning....

Then again I still have 3.5GB of download remaining which is just crawling ever so slowly.

Yes, I decided to wait until the last minute to download the client. What?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: December 16, 2011, 09:05:35 AM

Looks like I am in, just as I am about to leave the house to spend the evening with my family and girlfriend, probably not gonna be able to get into the game before tomorow.

See ya in game.  awesome, for real

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #321 on: December 16, 2011, 10:25:51 AM

Email has arrived.  There goes the weekend.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #322 on: December 16, 2011, 10:42:01 AM

Yeah, just got my email today.  And as I mentioned, I bought the game and registered less than a week ago, so I guess everybody should be in at this point.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: December 16, 2011, 10:48:42 AM

I have a feeling by tomorrow, noonish, everyone will be in.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: December 16, 2011, 01:37:49 PM

yap, just got email, and registered the code yesterday. Much  Heart DraconianOne. I, however, reserve the right to hate you if there are issues with upgrading my account  Ohhhhh, I see.

It's worth noting that there is currently one english pve server without a queue eu side. There are a couple of pvp ones also, but they are more the exception than the rule. The server I have my people on (Hydian Way) has a 45 minute queue. Doesn't mater, I got red bull. Go to bed scrubs.

Good news is that WoW runs fine with TOR at the queue. LFR, here I come :)

edit: I'm on LFR queue and TOR queue AND DRUNK.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:44:15 PM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #325 on: December 16, 2011, 09:45:25 PM

Got my email with the key for the digital deluxe version.  Entered it in and set up a sub, so I should have all my bonus stuff now.  Also downloaded the security key app on my iPhone and have that all up and running, so hopefully it will all function correctly when I get home from work.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: December 17, 2011, 03:22:51 AM

Patching... I am going in...  awesome, for real

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: December 18, 2011, 02:03:29 AM

I wanted glowy eyes, I got veiny/dirty stuff around my mouth. So naturally I turned that off. Now it turns itself on every time I zone somewhere, it's very annoying.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: December 18, 2011, 03:36:16 AM

I wanted glowy eyes, I got veiny/dirty stuff around my mouth. So naturally I turned that off. Now it turns itself on every time I zone somewhere, it's very annoying.
I'd check if your data got corrupted somehow.

fakeedit:  why so serious?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: December 19, 2011, 01:47:07 AM

So how does the security code work anyway?  First prompt I get on my iPhone after opening it up is to enter my 7 digit serial number.  No idea what that is.   swamp poop

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #330 on: December 19, 2011, 03:08:27 AM

The serial number on physical authenticators is on the back.  Did you not get an e-mail when you DL'd the app?   

The S/N is required for the program to generate and sync the key w/ the server.  You'll have to enter it on your account page as well.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: December 19, 2011, 03:32:06 AM

I apparently never got any mail.  Might have to redownload the app and see what happens.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: December 19, 2011, 04:13:55 AM

Okay, found out the deal...you have to go into your profile (under Security Key) and get the serial number there.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #333 on: December 19, 2011, 06:16:16 AM

So I set up a security key, registered my serial number, etc.

I then noticed that I could drop an extra 20 bucks and get all of the CE stuff. I just don't think that stuff is worth 20 bucks.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: December 19, 2011, 07:01:29 AM

There's a vendor in game that sells an item for 1 million credits that (I believe) gives you access to the CE vendor.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #335 on: December 19, 2011, 09:54:12 AM

The forum people seem surprised that the CE stuff doesn't do very much, don't know what they were expecting, especially since the contents were clearly stated.  All it's really good for is bragging rights five years from now when you can show that you spent way too much money for the CE back at launch.  And even then since they make and sell so many CEs nowadays it isn't going to be a huge deal.  I think every third lightsaber I see right now is the CE yellow/black crystal - and it's ugly.  I bought the CE and the box is so big I had to put it down in my storage locker.

In WoW I do kinda like bringing out my panda cub/diablo/zergling when people are whipping out their pets though.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: December 19, 2011, 09:56:31 AM

It costs 2x as much as the regular box, so maybe that's why they expect more.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #337 on: December 19, 2011, 10:11:11 AM

The forum people seem surprised that the CE stuff doesn't do very much, don't know what they were expecting, especially since the contents were clearly stated.  All it's really good for is bragging rights five years from now when you can show that you spent way too much money for the CE back at launch.  And even then since they make and sell so many CEs nowadays it isn't going to be a huge deal.  I think every third lightsaber I see right now is the CE yellow/black crystal - and it's ugly.  I bought the CE and the box is so big I had to put it down in my storage locker.

In WoW I do kinda like bringing out my panda cub/diablo/zergling when people are whipping out their pets though.

I don't have the CE but yellow/black lightsaber crystal sounds like the color crystal that came with every pre-order. Be it standard or digital-deluxe edition. And yes, it's fugly!

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #338 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:45 AM

The forum people seem surprised that the CE stuff doesn't do very much, don't know what they were expecting, especially since the contents were clearly stated.  All it's really good for is bragging rights five years from now when you can show that you spent way too much money for the CE back at launch.  And even then since they make and sell so many CEs nowadays it isn't going to be a huge deal.  I think every third lightsaber I see right now is the CE yellow/black crystal - and it's ugly.  I bought the CE and the box is so big I had to put it down in my storage locker.

I don't have the CE but yellow/black lightsaber crystal sounds like the color crystal that came with every pre-order. Be it standard or digital-deluxe edition. And yes, it's fugly!

I threw the crystal in my bank. I am straight yellow on my Juggy for the lolcrits.
 Ohhhhh, I see.

edit: I do however, think they look sweet on blasters though.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #339 on: December 19, 2011, 10:32:41 AM

Oh right the crystal is from the pre order.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #340 on: December 19, 2011, 10:34:15 AM

Why they didn't make the crystal from preorder orange I'll never know.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #341 on: December 19, 2011, 10:35:10 AM

Why they didn't make the crystal from preorder orange I'll never know.

Because people actually like that color. Give away the shit, make the bastards buy the good stuff.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #342 on: December 19, 2011, 10:57:00 AM

There's a vendor in game that sells an item for 1 million credits that (I believe) gives you access to the CE vendor.

I haven't been up there to confirm yet but I don't think this is true - it gets you into the VIP lounge where you can use the VIP vendor, but there's a second, separate vendor up there for the CE people that only they can still use. Or so I was told.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: December 19, 2011, 01:08:27 PM

It costs 2x as much as the regular box, so maybe that's why they expect more.

The point is that it says, right on the box, that it contains nothing worthwhile.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #344 on: December 19, 2011, 01:09:59 PM

the CE and the box is so big I had to put it down in my storage locker.
THAT'S THE WOW FACTOR, BABY!
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: December 20, 2011, 02:40:38 AM

I had the CE on a counter in front of me this morning with the option to buy.

I didn't.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #346 on: December 20, 2011, 09:48:49 AM

I took a picture of my SWG special edition on top of my CE. Box contents have changed in 10 years.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: December 20, 2011, 10:04:38 AM

THAT'S THE WOW FACTOR, BABY!

I love that show.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: December 20, 2011, 01:51:47 PM

I took a picture of my SWG special edition on top of my CE. Box contents have changed in 10 years.

And you didn't share out a link? tut tut

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #349 on: December 20, 2011, 09:44:27 PM

I had intended to play either an agent or smuggler but also wanted to take a character through each starting planet, accidently wound up playing sith warrior and liking it.  Now I unintentionally got light side attuned.  Got an angry looking icon over my portrait telling me my light sabre no longer works, turns out I can't use it with light1.  Managed to buy a new one that I can use, an orange, that was fairly cheap.  The only problem is the blue crystal.

I'm afraid the other sith will make fun of me running around with a blue light sabre... awesome, for real.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread  
Jump to: