Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453543 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #840 on: August 22, 2017, 05:17:41 AM

I got back from vacation but haven't had time to play except to do one map last night.

I need to get back to grinding gear with my build. My gear is very bad.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: August 27, 2017, 05:13:47 AM

The insta-kill nature of these bosses is just the stupidest thing ever.

Wife and I literally just died time and time again, running into the room again until the sun and moon chaps were dead.  So many one shots.  So little fun.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: August 27, 2017, 10:27:54 AM

The insta-kill nature of these bosses is just the stupidest thing ever.

Wife and I literally just died time and time again, running into the room again until the sun and moon chaps were dead.  So many one shots.  So little fun.

Here's a couple of tips:

Make sure you have all of your resists capped.
Have and use flasks that increase the appropriate resist type for the boss you're fighting.
Make sure you have 1/3 to 1/2 of your nodes devoted to defense.
Make sure that you maximize block/evasion/energy shield (as appropriate for build)
Do your best to have a lot of speed and use at least one movement speed pot.

Much of the late game in POE comes down to survivability, movement speed, and flask management.  That's a reason I don't really enjoy the endgame as much as trying new specs.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:54:50 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #843 on: August 27, 2017, 03:46:59 PM

Nope.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: August 27, 2017, 03:55:42 PM

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: August 28, 2017, 06:44:42 AM

Have and use flasks that increase the appropriate resist type for the boss you're fighting.

This one kind of annoys me now.  It used to be that flasks dropped often enough that you never had issues getting the kind you needed.  There are so many kinds now though that I still haven't even gotten a Jade flask for example.  I don't think I've seen a Ruby flask yet either.   They need some sort of vendor recipe to make the ones you want.  Having to use a trade website to get a normal flask is dumb.

My gear is sketchy but passable at this point but I need to get a 5 link chest and dump the unique one that I'm using.  The unique is generating my endurance charges though so I'm going to have to figure out how to generate them if I dump it.

Might try to give Atziri a go once I hit 80.  I've never tried it and it's been out long enough that I probably should have.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: August 28, 2017, 07:25:53 AM

Much of the late game in POE comes down to survivability, movement speed, and flask management.  That's a reason I don't really enjoy the endgame as much as trying new specs.

I think you might have just killed POE for me. 

I've never made it to end-game, and I've learned along the way to invest more in survivability than seems fun... but flask management as end-game sounds about as dumb an idea as, well, flask management.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #847 on: August 28, 2017, 12:14:51 PM

If you're a Pathfinder your flask "management" is just hitting 12345 every 5 seconds because you will never run out of flask charges except on bosses. That's still probably annoying to some, though.

I've hit the point where I'm bored. The master's reputation level is stuck at 7, as is tradition, because they decided to make level 7->8 triple the length of 1-7 for some ungodly reason. Any build I want to try is gated behind items that cost way more than I can afford. So now I probably wait for the next season.

You can buy any type of basic flask on poe.trade for extremely cheap. You can also buy a "the jeweller's touch" prophecy that will 5 link any item for you. Although if you prefer SSF then I dunno.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:17:44 PM by Azuredream »

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: August 28, 2017, 12:54:44 PM

I'm just mapping my way up a dark pact skeleton build.

I 6 slotted a hand of fate but need fusings to link it.
I finally got A 5l chest so now I'm playing with poison.
I got new gems so one cast of summon skels get me 6.
My skeleton warriros are now mages. Once I get gear they will get gmp and Pierce

Loving this build.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #849 on: August 28, 2017, 12:56:05 PM

I'm one of those people who think flask management is unnecessary and gets in the way of "real" gameplay.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #850 on: August 28, 2017, 12:58:50 PM

I got lucky with an early tabula rasa drop, and tornado shot my way to act 10 start faster than I thought possible. It's been quite different playing a full evasion/acro build, I'm either at full health, or dead. Completely unviable for endgame but fun to get there.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: August 28, 2017, 01:07:17 PM

I typically get distracted by new builds, but I'm having fun. Inventing my own and not looking at other build guides.

Early rasas are nice. Get a few rings with -mana cost
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: September 06, 2017, 07:18:28 AM

You can buy any type of basic flask on poe.trade for extremely cheap. You can also buy a "the jeweller's touch" prophecy that will 5 link any item for you. Although if you prefer SSF then I dunno.

It's not that I want to play SSF, I just don't want to be bothered to tab out to an external website and message people for a trade on an item that costs 2-3 alts.  Anyone trading in alts is likely a bot anyways (or just really loves trading I guess).   I have hundreds of alts and transmutes to roll any flask, just throw the white ones on a vendor.   I't just like 2 years ago when you had to re-roll characters to get basic gems.  It's not hard, it just a waste of everyone's time.  I admit it's a pretty minor inconvenience, still annoys me though.

Finally played enough to make it up to 80.  Not sure what I'll do next, ~3-5c items only get you so far.  I need to spend a few hours searching for gear upgrades and trading currency to get the upgrades and possibly sell/price some items... which is usually the point where I don't long in anymore.  I still want to try Atziri, it will probably just be me throwing myself at at brick wall though Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #853 on: September 06, 2017, 07:53:17 AM

I'm still trying to 5L or 6L my hand of judgement. RNGesus save me.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #854 on: September 06, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

I have it worse.  I have the 6 socket I need on the item I need in the colours I need.

Do you have any fucking idea how many relinking things I have burned through to try and get it linked ?

Jesus CHRIST, it's frustrating.

Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #855 on: September 06, 2017, 08:39:16 AM

I have it worse.  I have the 6 socket I need on the item I need in the colours I need.

Do you have any fucking idea how many relinking things I have burned through to try and get it linked ?

Jesus CHRIST, it's frustrating.

Just checking in to make sure that you know that maxing the quality of an item out gives higher chances to 5/6-link it.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: September 06, 2017, 09:07:28 AM

I did not.

I shall do that.

I will, at all times, remain calm and polite.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #857 on: September 06, 2017, 09:21:57 AM

It's not a major improvement. Like 20% increase to the already low chance. But it's something.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: September 06, 2017, 10:37:18 AM

Doesn't it reset the quality to 0% again after each Fusing?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: September 06, 2017, 11:36:37 AM

They changed it in 2.2 to not do that anymore but I think they changed the effect quality had on linking at the same time.  As far as I know the average is still 150 fuse for a 5 link and 1500 for a 6.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #860 on: September 06, 2017, 12:15:24 PM

Well that's good at least; I don't mind a nerf to the chances if it makes it less inconvenient. I never bothered with quality until I was done with an item, because 20 extra clicks per fuse was not worth some minor RNG buff to me.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:49 AM

I'm just working on my atlas now grinding fuses. I still can't manage a good pool of t5 maps and I'm level 83.

The RNG in this game hates me this time.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: September 07, 2017, 06:42:45 AM

I use a trans+aug on any tier 1-5 maps and alch maps 6+.  I haven't had too may issues sustaining even though my tier 7-8-9 pool isn't very deep yet, I only have a handful.  I'm just kind of winging it though, I don't really get how the shaping stuff works.

I need to quite skipping the trials in the maps so that I can run uber lab eventually.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: September 07, 2017, 08:11:36 AM

Everybody does all the T1-10 maps. If you don't want this to take forever, you should make good use of Harbinger/Horizon orbs or just buy them off poe.trade because they're all cheap. Sustaining your map pool is pretty hard with no Atlas bonus, so you want to knock that out first thing. For red maps, you only do the ones that give you a shaper's orb after which you uncomplete them with the vendor recipe. Then you should have a Shaped map for every 11-15 tier and that will be the only type of map that can drop for you. It lets you only run maps with a good layout. It also more importantly lets you load up on sextants for those maps. Or, you can ignore all that and just unlock everything. With the new Orb of Horizons this league, if you ever get a map with a crappy layout (like Crematorium or Necropolis) you can just horizon it until you get a better one. Personally I've unlocked almost everything, only ignoring maps that I really hate like the aforementioned Crematorium and Necropolis.

Shaping raises a map's level by 5. There are a lot of opinions on what maps to shape, but basically you just shape whichever maps you like running.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #864 on: September 08, 2017, 02:24:56 AM

It's not a major improvement. Like 20% increase to the already low chance. But it's something.

The average amount (or the median? no clue about statistics) of fusings needed for a 6l at 20% quality is around 1600. Just to give you some perspective on what to expect when trying to sixlink.

Vorici, when level 6, sells you 20 fusings for 64 jewellers after doing his daily.

I'm just working on my atlas now grinding fuses. I still can't manage a good pool of t5 maps and I'm level 83.

Hit me up in POE if you need some mid tier maps and you're playing Harbinger sc, got stashes full of them. ("eeku78" on steam).
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: September 08, 2017, 05:40:36 AM

Man, I need to get vorici to level 6 if he isn't already.

Thanks for the tip.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: September 18, 2017, 08:36:28 PM

Finally jumped back in; made a Dark Pact Berserker and just cleared Act 5. I'll echo IW's statement above that the new bosses are pretty annoying. Bullet-hell Innocence has been the worst so far. I'm enjoying the toon though, so there's that.

If anyone's not in the f13 guild, message me in game and I'll invite. My account name is Rendakor, and if that doesn't work the toon I'll likely be playing is LordShadowheart.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: September 19, 2017, 12:23:02 AM

We have a guild ?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: September 19, 2017, 05:03:45 AM

Yea; it's mostly just a chat channel plus 2 tabs of stash space.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #869 on: September 19, 2017, 05:56:47 AM

Innocence is a cake-walk compared to Kitava2 or even the Lab3 boss. I'm sad end-game still is stack life as the only real option for defense.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: September 19, 2017, 07:10:30 AM

Yea; it's mostly just a chat channel plus 2 tabs of stash space.

Sounds good to me.  I'll hit someone up tonight for an invite.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: September 19, 2017, 07:16:19 AM

Innocence is a cake-walk compared to Kitava2 or even the Lab3 boss. I'm sad end-game still is stack life as the only real option for defense.
By Lab3 do you mean Merciless Izaro? If so, is he different from pre-3.0?

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #872 on: September 19, 2017, 08:14:31 AM

Yep, seems like he's more of a bullet sponge than ever. I haven't even tried UberLab yet.
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #873 on: September 19, 2017, 08:17:49 AM

Energy shield is still viable as an alternative and evasion can also work well if your life pool is something like 4.5k which isn't hard to achieve.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #874 on: September 19, 2017, 09:09:06 AM

ACK!  My level 71 doesn't even have 3k. Gears shite, but still.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: