Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453606 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #735 on: March 16, 2016, 08:01:55 PM

I'm all about reinventing wheels.  Where do people put their filters?  Github? Ohhhhh, I see.

Code:
Show
    Class Map Currency Gem Fishing Jewel Micro Doodads Card
Show
    Sockets = 6
Show
    SocketGroup RGB
Hide
    Rarity Normal Magic

I think the four-space indentation is important but not sure.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:38:05 PM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: March 16, 2016, 11:41:14 PM

Github isn't really a thing for most people. The popular ones I know of are on Pastebin. Ohhhhh, I see.

I don't think writing your own is efficient unless you're really min-maxy, but if you're doing it for fun anyway I would suggest just using a small transparent font for junk and not actually hiding anything until you've spent some time testing. That way you're more likely to notice when your filter doesn't catch, say, quality flasks or low-level four-links (useful for leveling).

I use ZiggyD's filter, but even then I edit it to never fully hide anything because I'm paranoid.

edit: also, I haven't tried it myself, but you may want to look at Filtration.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:30:27 AM by ezrast »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #737 on: March 17, 2016, 08:36:20 AM

oh wow

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #738 on: May 21, 2016, 07:54:06 AM

Anyone going to play the new league starting on June 3rd with the Prophecy expansion?  I've skipped the last couple of seasons, but I think I'm going to give this one a spin.

most often known as Drevik
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #739 on: May 23, 2016, 06:42:45 AM

I'm sure I'll miss out, not by choice really.  I think PoE has sort of outstripped my abilities.

Also if I wait around I get free respecs.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: October 31, 2016, 06:17:07 AM

Bex from GGG posted this.  Some of these are great.

Also, I got burned out half way through Merciless in this new league.  Maybe I'll get back to it but there's just so many games out right now that I want to play.   #1 on the real list should be to cut out at least one difficulty (ideally 2) or add an adventure mode ripoff.  Maps are fun, story mode for the 200th time, not so much.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:01:35 AM by Druzil »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #741 on: November 01, 2016, 11:26:07 AM

I laughed at Gruest.  Not sure which ones are fake.

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: December 01, 2016, 03:01:38 PM

The new season/league (Breach) starts tomorrow, if anyone has been itching for some ARPG like I have.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: December 01, 2016, 03:46:41 PM

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: January 05, 2017, 04:39:56 AM

If anyone wants to run some Maps in Breach league send me a message!  @Drevik

You can catch me in the f13 Discord as well, EWSpider.

most often known as Drevik
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: February 14, 2017, 01:11:21 PM

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #746 on: February 14, 2017, 01:25:42 PM

Fucking wow.

They're completely cockslapping the Diablo team.  This is a huge fucking update for free.  Adding 6 new acts, basically doubling the content size, revamping the leveling system so by the time you finish act 10 you'll be level 55-65 and ready to start doing maps.  Bunch of new skills, combos, items, all sorts of shit. 

If they fix the fucking trading system, and simplify the skill spaghetti, this will be the best diablo out there.
schild
Administrator

Reply #747 on: February 14, 2017, 02:32:31 PM

Shame it's still unfun and feels like crap.
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: February 15, 2017, 07:52:43 AM

Have you tried it since the 2.0/2.1 release?
The engine now supports dx11 and some other fancy stuff like multithreading, mostly gone are the days of skillspaminduced lag and strange network hickups.
(Whirlwind/Cyclone still feels like crap though)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #749 on: February 15, 2017, 08:48:52 AM

I've been playing for over a month. Game plays sooo much better than a few years ago.

I'm enjoying the shit out of it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #750 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:33 AM

Have you tried it since the 2.0/2.1 release?
The engine now supports dx11 and some other fancy stuff like multithreading, mostly gone are the days of skillspaminduced lag and strange network hickups.
(Whirlwind/Cyclone still feels like crap though)
My complaints are 99% the animations and player/mob interactivity and 1% the awful skill tree design.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #751 on: February 15, 2017, 09:29:22 AM

The skill tree is the main draw for me.  The currency system is my biggest issue. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #752 on: February 15, 2017, 09:36:01 AM

The drop rates and currency system are shit.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #753 on: February 15, 2017, 12:38:21 PM

I'll continue with Grim Dawn while I wait for this.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #754 on: February 16, 2017, 12:55:42 AM

Yeah, grim dawn was light years better than this when last I played.  I haven't given it a go in a year or two though, so maybe it's better (but almost certainly not unless they've sped up he damn gameplay).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: February 16, 2017, 08:02:31 AM

I wanted to like Grim Dawn, but really couldn't get a feel for the cost/benefit in their spec choices.  Did they improve that any with tooltips or the like?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #756 on: February 16, 2017, 11:22:32 AM

It does not seem to have changed in any notable way.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: February 16, 2017, 05:33:51 PM

2.6 info, including Kitchen Sink League: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597

Legacy uniques are an awful design decision but super lulzy if you take it as the design team just trolling Blizzard as hard as they can. With 3.0 just around the corner I'm willing to forgive them for phoning this league in as long as nothing makes it into the base game.
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: February 17, 2017, 07:51:24 AM

I've tried to pick up this game a few times and find it completely unplayable because of the gameplay feel.  This game feels like it's made by people who spent all their time in battle.net forums and thought all the complaining was a trenchant critique.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #759 on: February 17, 2017, 08:21:02 AM

It's funny how much everyone's opinion on these games varies based on feel. Personally, I bought Grim Dawn and played it for about 3 hours total. Diablo 3 - never made it through the first difficulty, despite a couple tries to get in to it.

Path of Exile - 150 hours since it linked with Steam. I don't know, I don't get the complaints about the game play feel, it feels smooth and intuitive to me. For me though, its a combo of loving the ridiculously huge skill tree, and the rate and quality of drops. It felt like the right balance.

D3 it felt like you might as well have a filter turned on that said "If the drop doesn't have these exact stats, don't even bother telling me about it". I never got that from PoE.

Oh, and I despise on the fly respecing. Mostly because I'm an Alt addict.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: February 17, 2017, 09:37:30 AM

Path of Exile - 150 hours since it linked with Steam. I don't know, I don't get the complaints about the game play feel, it feels smooth and intuitive to me. For me though, its a combo of loving the ridiculously huge skill tree, and the rate and quality of drops. It felt like the right balance.

I agree with you.  Once I used a loot filter on PoE, the game got so much smoother.  My only fear in the game is screwing up a spec or building a new spec only to find that it's terrible.

-  Mark Twain
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: February 17, 2017, 04:21:33 PM

I'd be surprised if they don't have some changes to loot planned. With clear speed being what it is, the game is practically unplayable at the top end without downloading a filter. And that shit isn't going to fly on Xbox.

Did we mention PoE is coming to Xbox? PoE is coming to Xbox.
schild
Administrator

Reply #762 on: February 17, 2017, 04:25:43 PM

People own Xboxes?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #763 on: February 17, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

I have a 360 in the closet.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: February 18, 2017, 04:15:53 AM

Mines sitting in the cabinet under my TV.  It probably has about 3 inches of dust on it by now and I haven't touched my Wii ( awesome, for real Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?) in close to 10 years.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #765 on: February 18, 2017, 08:26:13 AM

I haven't touched my Wii (  swamp poop) in close to 10 years.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: February 19, 2017, 04:50:53 PM

I wanted to like Grim Dawn, but really couldn't get a feel for the cost/benefit in their spec choices.  Did they improve that any with tooltips or the like?

There are mods that add 20+ classes.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #767 on: February 19, 2017, 04:51:47 PM

I'd be surprised if they don't have some changes to loot planned. With clear speed being what it is, the game is practically unplayable at the top end without downloading a filter. And that shit isn't going to fly on Xbox.

Did we mention PoE is coming to Xbox? PoE is coming to Xbox.

I don't think anyone makes it to the end game without a filter.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #768 on: February 20, 2017, 07:29:50 AM

I'm playing through Grim dawn now, about 3.5 hours in, and I just beat the first major boss.  I'm guessing I have another 3-4 hours in me and that will be about it.  It seems fine, but not great.  I don't think it's nearly as good as the original Van Helsing, which is at the top of my 'second tier' of arpg (PoE and Diablo being the top tier).

I agree with you.  Once I used a loot filter on PoE, the game got so much smoother.  My only fear in the game is screwing up a spec or building a new spec only to find that it's terrible.

I love PoE and I agree as well, but from talking to people that have tried to get into it and couldn't, I think the walking animations and the base move speed are a big part of it.  Once you learn how to use quick silvers, movement skills and craft movement speed boots the game is fast and smooth.   But those first few minutes on a new character do not feel great.  Luckily once you know the tricks it's only a few minutes, but to newer players that could be more like a few hours and that's long enough to turn them off to the game.  I think taking movement speed off boots and just adding that bonus into the base walk speed would make the game better overall.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: February 20, 2017, 06:04:43 PM

I played this a bit when it first came out but it didn't stick with me. I've installed it again in anticipation of all the new upcoming content. I had a bit of choppiness at first but changing some random setting to "predictive" solved that issue and it runs smoothly now.  The currency system is still mystifying but it's looking like I'll have some fun with this again.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: