Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:01:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin' 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin'  (Read 77064 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #280 on: December 13, 2011, 04:09:04 AM

I'm in. going through the intro movie now.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #281 on: December 13, 2011, 04:54:03 AM

Lucas: no and no.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #282 on: December 13, 2011, 05:29:51 AM

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

and ka-booom!!!! High traffic.

New forums are live (and as you know, only those with an active sub can actively participate)

http://www.swtor.com/community/

If the active sub part is true then I'm in and haven't gotten the e-mail yet.  I was able to post. Entered my preorder code 7/28.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #283 on: December 13, 2011, 06:21:17 AM

Thank you, Sky :)  (a few days ago I read that someone, while rummaging through the client files, found the overhead chat setting...Maybe something hidden in the .INI? Dunno) ; yeah, I was wrong, Merusk: infact, Reid tweeted that anyone whopre-ordered can post, not just those with an active subscription!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: December 13, 2011, 07:31:47 AM

Thank you, Sky :)  (a few days ago I read that someone, while rummaging through the client files, found the overhead chat setting...Maybe something hidden in the .INI? Dunno) ; yeah, I was wrong, Merusk: infact, Reid tweeted that anyone whopre-ordered can post, not just those with an active subscription!
Got all excited when I was able to make my first post on the new forums.  why so serious?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: December 13, 2011, 09:27:35 AM

I'm baaaaaacccckkk!!! (not that anyone cared)

Watching this game on twitch.tv  - aaaand I'm hooked. I pre-ordered actually back months ago...waiting on my email.

Told a bunch of people that f13 always has the best opinions on mmogs...so i thought I'd follow my own advice and jump back over.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #286 on: December 13, 2011, 12:23:48 PM

If the active sub part is true then I'm in and haven't gotten the e-mail yet.  I was able to post. Entered my preorder code 7/28.
If you are in then the Play button in the launcher will be active. It's possible the forum posting right isn't directly related, and simply having the pre-order code entered is enough for it.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: December 13, 2011, 12:27:53 PM

If you are in then the Play button in the launcher will be active. It's possible the forum posting right isn't directly related, and simply having the pre-order code entered is enough for it.

Everyone with a preorder code can post to the forums, whether they have game access or not.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #288 on: December 13, 2011, 05:27:07 PM

Yeah, Lucas cleared that error up like right after my post.  why so serious?

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:58 AM

If you are going to create a character in a EU server, AVOID:

- Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP)

- Nightmare Lands (PvE)

Looks like the italian community is moving in those two en masse, and believe me, as an italian myself you DON'T WANT to be stuck together with them. If any of you played on Crushridge or Runetotem (WoW EU PvP and PvE servers), you know what I'm talking about.

For whoever's keeping track - Basilisk Droid is the offically unofficial Bulgarian server. STAY. AWAY.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: December 14, 2011, 06:11:20 AM

Weird, i played on Crushridge and don't remember any italian community or any italians.

I am the .00000001428%
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: December 14, 2011, 06:16:37 AM

Weird, i played on Crushridge and don't remember any italian community or any italians.

How long ago, out of curiosity? Because I was mostly talking about the 2006-2009 timeframe: I remember that any other topic on the server forum was about the "obnoxious italians" always speaking in their language in general, rejecting non-italians from groups and so on. Yes, forums are not the entirety of the playerbase, but out of curiosity I checked it out myself and it was really like that (same for Runetotem). Now Crushridge has been abandoned, I think they moved somewhere else.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: December 14, 2011, 06:18:56 AM

Since launch until last year.  NM im a dumbass, you said EU.

I am the .00000001428%
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: December 14, 2011, 06:22:35 AM

Since launch until last year.

Lies!. Duh, ok, different experiences, then :)

Anyways, do you think Bioware restricted the server cap or something yesterday? Because servers are filling up more slowly today. Given their (over)cautious approach, it would make sense. Or, maybe, it was just a matter of the "server status" website not displaying the info correctly.

EDIT: I SEE YOUR EDIT, HA!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: December 14, 2011, 06:36:04 AM

Similarly, 'Hidden Beks' and 'Ahto City' (both EU of course) seem to be the community-designated hungarian servers. Stay away^2.
There was definitely one crazy Hungarian though (on Crushridge-US that is) awesome, for real

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: December 14, 2011, 06:42:12 AM

oh man, my guys are playing on hidden beks  Heartbreak

Can't be that bad, can it? I can deal with a few egeszegerehu toon names and some gibberish in /say.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: December 14, 2011, 06:52:46 AM

Chuundar (PvP) & Legions of Lettow (PvP) seem to be where the ruskies are at.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: December 14, 2011, 06:54:38 AM

oh man, my guys are playing on hidden beks  Heartbreak

Can't be that bad, can it? I can deal with a few egeszegerehu toon names and some gibberish in /say.
I think it's still in flux, but the server most hungarian pve guilds were assigned to was Hidden Beks. You can watch this thread with google translate to get more up-to-date info.

Ahto City as the 'Hungarian PVP server' is definitely decided though.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: December 14, 2011, 06:59:20 AM

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16858

STOP BEING RIDICULOUS! Are you teasing you customers, making fun of us? What are you doing there? YOU PUNISH YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR NOT HAVING IT PREORDERED HALF A YEAR EARLIER AFTER YOU HAVE FAILED WARHAMMER LIKE THAT?Huh? ALL SERVERS ARE LIGHT/STANDARD POP NOW!!!

YOU ARE RUINING LAUNCH EXPERIENCE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OPEN SERVERS FOR ALL PREORDERS NOW!! WAIT TILL THEY REACH FULL AND STOP TILL TOMORROW!!! DONT U UNDERSTAND THAT HALF OF PPL YOU INVITE NOW ARE AT WORK AND CANT PLAY AND SOME PPL WHO CAN PLAY AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR PAST 4 YEARS DESERVE TO PLAY NOW!!! WEE ALLL PREORDERED!!! DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU WILL HAVE THIS HUGE LAUNCH ON 20th??? NO YOU WONT!! EVERYONE WHO WANTED TO PLAY ALREADY PREORDED!!! JUST OPEN SERVERS NOW FOR ALL PREORDERS!!!

HOW CAN YOU MAKE PPL BUY THE GAME HALF A YEAR EARLIER AFTER YOU FAILED MISIRABLY WITH WARHAMMER??? WHY SHOULD WE TRUST YOU??? BE HAPPY WE PREORDERED!!!

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: December 14, 2011, 07:02:53 AM

Is that dude's yelling argument basically "only let in people who have the day off and rush the doors"?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #300 on: December 14, 2011, 07:38:02 AM

You forgot "to make up for the failure of Warhammer."

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #301 on: December 14, 2011, 07:40:07 AM

Could be cut and paste everywhere on the official forums.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: December 14, 2011, 07:51:42 AM

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16858

STOP BEING RIDICULOUS! Are you teasing you customers, making fun of us? What are you doing there? YOU PUNISH YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR NOT HAVING IT PREORDERED HALF A YEAR EARLIER AFTER YOU HAVE FAILED WARHAMMER LIKE THAT?Huh? ALL SERVERS ARE LIGHT/STANDARD POP NOW!!!

YOU ARE RUINING LAUNCH EXPERIENCE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OPEN SERVERS FOR ALL PREORDERS NOW!! WAIT TILL THEY REACH FULL AND STOP TILL TOMORROW!!! DONT U UNDERSTAND THAT HALF OF PPL YOU INVITE NOW ARE AT WORK AND CANT PLAY AND SOME PPL WHO CAN PLAY AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR PAST 4 YEARS DESERVE TO PLAY NOW!!! WEE ALLL PREORDERED!!! DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU WILL HAVE THIS HUGE LAUNCH ON 20th??? NO YOU WONT!! EVERYONE WHO WANTED TO PLAY ALREADY PREORDED!!! JUST OPEN SERVERS NOW FOR ALL PREORDERS!!!

HOW CAN YOU MAKE PPL BUY THE GAME HALF A YEAR EARLIER AFTER YOU FAILED MISIRABLY WITH WARHAMMER??? WHY SHOULD WE TRUST YOU??? BE HAPPY WE PREORDERED!!!
relevant, though not very work safe
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: December 14, 2011, 07:55:25 AM

That was rather funny, especially the crying to the theme song at the end.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: December 14, 2011, 08:20:30 AM

Ok, last one, I guess you already got the idea (to be fair, this guy is probably just making a parody post for the sake of it) :P

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=17782

IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN I'D BE IN TODAY IF I PRE-ORDERED THE GAME IN JULY, I WOULD HAVE PRE ORDERED THE GAME IN JULY. BUT I HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING. SO I DIDN'T PRE ORDER UNTIL DECEMBER!

This entry wave idea is totally, totally unfair and is a bunch of bullcrap. I'm sitting here with my f'n thumb up my butt while others are getting *SO* far ahead that I'm going to be stuck behind and not able to compete.

Obviously the people who made this game have *NEVER* played an MMO for 5 seconds in their entire life or they would realize that people having 3 or more days ahead of me for playtime are going to have a *HUGE FREAKING ADVANTAGE* That is going to take an unbelievable amount of time to catch up, because while I'm busy playing when I finally get access, they will be to and they'll STILL Have the 70 hours or whatever of playtime that I wasn't allowed to do *ANYTHING*

If this was a single player game or something I'd understand but you're SCREWING UP MY CHANCES TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE WITH PEOPLE by doing this. Its *UNFAIR* It isn't freaking fair. And I'm super pissed about it, and the people who implemented this idea are IDIOTS. If you let someone get in on day 1 you should let EVERYONE OR NOBODY in. This is giving them a HUGE UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. DAMNIT

DAMNIT

TL;DR: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Palpatine would be proud. The closing comment of the moderator is golden, anyway ;)

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #305 on: December 14, 2011, 08:33:23 AM

So entertaining, as I've said.

You suck and we won't pre-order your game.
You are ruining the launch (which is next week).
We've been waiting for this game for 4 years and deserve to play.
Also, you suck and we don't trust you.

Awesome.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: December 14, 2011, 10:06:54 AM

They should reply to GM tickets like that:

First of all, why did you have to open this ticket today?  Couldn't have waited until tomorrow, or even better, after the holidays?

And second, you're running the game on Windows 7, and Windows 7 has video hardware bugs and, besides, it takes forever to preload stuff and always preloads the wrong stuff.

The GM's are getting $0.15 of your subscription money, so we've decided to answer your ticket, and as the most experienced GM I've been chosen to resolve the matter.

But I'm not sure that you're the owner of the account who opened this ticket, so please open another ticket to verify the opening of this ticket.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:12 AM

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #308 on: December 14, 2011, 11:47:54 AM

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #309 on: December 14, 2011, 11:52:10 AM

The hutt interpretation was incredible. Who does his make-up?  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: December 14, 2011, 02:37:28 PM

Please, you have to read this  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=14199

So this guy was planning on having a party and asked if all the people coming could pitch some money at the door. On the day of the party, he started a couple hours earlier than he had originally stated which meant the party would be longer for all the people showing up.

I totally showed up at like 11:30pm with $50 and got so mad when I found out everyone drank all the beer and ate all the pretzels. I mean, really. I brought $50, you'd think someone would've save stuff for me.

May not be spot on, but I'm sure you people get the idea.

Some of the replies are quite funny :D

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #311 on: December 14, 2011, 03:34:11 PM

The community is pretty bad, even for an mmo.  I wonder how many of these people were trained by the terribly moderated SWG forums.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: December 14, 2011, 03:34:54 PM

Also on the forums:

A quick update on today's invites, and a little preview of tomorrow.

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

You'll see more servers coming online tomorrow (not necessarily all of those listed on the Server Status page, though) and almost certainly there will be some queuing. That was always expected. As a reminder, our plan here is to maintain healthy server populations post launch, and during the excitement of launch that will mean queues. That said, we'll be working hard to keep those queues reasonable.

We'll check back in tomorrow with another update.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=156470

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: December 14, 2011, 03:36:42 PM

Yeah, I just saw that.  Looks like I'll be getting in a day earlier than I expected!  Woot!

And hopefully the boringness of our server name will keep the queues down.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: December 14, 2011, 03:39:23 PM

Also on the forums:

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

You'll see more servers coming online tomorrow (not necessarily all of those listed on the Server Status page, though)
The inevitable "wtf the first people got brand new servers to start, october-november people will have brand new servers to start, and we the august-september people have to either put up with the sloppy seconds or reroll and waste all progress so far" bitching in 3, 2...  why so serious?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin'  
Jump to: