Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:54:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin' 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin'  (Read 77739 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: December 07, 2011, 01:35:36 PM

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207

Early Game Access* for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is only a few days away! Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center to pre-load the game to their computer.

In order to download the game client before Early Game Access begins, you need have already logged into your account and redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Once you have done this, you can download the game client by clicking on “My Account” in the upper-right of the window and then click “Pre-Order.” On your Pre-Order page, click the large button that says “Download Game Client” to begin download of the game!

If you participated in our recent Beta Testing Weekend between November 25th and 28th and still have the game client installed, you will be able to patch this client instead of re-installing by simply launching your client, logging in and allowing the download to complete. If you did not participate in the November 25th – 28th Beta Weekend, first uninstall the Game Testing Client and then re-install to ensure your game client will function correctly during Early Game Access.

Learn more about how to get ready for Early Game Access!

If you haven’t pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic yet, you still have time. Visit our Pre-Order Page, secure your copy of the game and redeem your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center to pre-load the client and qualify for Early Game Access.

If you have any issues installing or patching the game client for The Old Republic, check visit the Customer Service Support section for information and assistance.

*Customers who redeem their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center prior to launch will be able to pre-load the Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Client before the official Game launch. Pre-loading the Game does not grant you access to the Game. Pre-Ordering the Game only allows you access to the Early Game Access period and your Color Crystal. Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. In order to continue playing the Game after the Early Game Access period, you must redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 01:37:57 PM

Confirmed that Dec. 13th is NOT a typo.  Make your time, fools...we ride as early as this Tuesday.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:42:53 PM

And before it gets asked (because I know someone will), you will not know your date ahead of date.  You will sit on your Inbox awaiting the invitation and YOU WILL LIKE IT  why so serious? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Once you get the email, you're in.  That's it.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:45:07 PM

Confirmed that Dec. 13th is NOT a typo.  Make your time, fools...we ride as early as this Tuesday.

I'm just assuming that means you will get your email saying when your early access begins, not when servers open.

Looks like I was wrong.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:47:26 PM by Draegan »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:46:19 PM

Confirmed that Dec. 13th is NOT a typo.  Make your time, fools...we ride as early as this Tuesday.

I'm just assuming that means you will get your email saying when your early access begins, not when servers open.

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/144535423090307073

@Rockjaw
Stephen Reid
Early Game Access *starts* on December 13th. Emails will be sent on the day you get access.
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Now go make some sort of announcement on the Junkies site  awesome, for real

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 01:56:21 PM

Where exactly do i login to start dling it? i keep trying to use the origin launcher but there aint shit there.

I am the .00000001428%
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 01:57:52 PM

And before it gets asked (because I know someone will), you will not know your date ahead of date.  You will sit on your Inbox awaiting the invitation and YOU WILL LIKE IT  why so serious? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

angry

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 01:58:58 PM

Where exactly do i login to start dling it? i keep trying to use the origin launcher but there aint shit there.
You use the KOTR patcher.  If you didn't get in to one of the betas you'll probably have to wait until you get your access email to download it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 02:04:06 PM

I got into several but i didn't bother :(

I am the .00000001428%
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 02:06:46 PM

What the heck is with this "pre-order now and you MAY get early access UP TO 5 days early"-bullshit? If I pre-order the game, I might get early access, depending on how many other people have redeemed their pre-order codes before me? What the fuck?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 02:20:31 PM

Login to the SWTOR site.  Go to My Account at the top right.  If you've already redeemed your preorder code, go to pre-order on the account management tab on the right.  There will be a button in the middle that says download game client.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 02:23:30 PM

Let's hope they get the emails sorted...considering emails for beta weekends were less then helpful.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 02:43:30 PM

I received an email from them 15 minutes ago.  Unfortunately it was in response to the ticket I raised two weeks ago for the open beta weekend when I couldn't get my account activated due to a problem with their web page. Their email this evening just said 'sorry, we are too busy to deal with individual tickets so hope to see you in game on the 20th!"

Bad CS has sunk several online games, and I suspect they are not set up for this at all in any way, shape or form.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 02:43:47 PM

Login to the SWTOR site.  Go to My Account at the top right.  If you've already redeemed your preorder code, go to pre-order on the account management tab on the right.  There will be a button in the middle that says download game client.
Yup, just checked and it works. Sensible of them to allow to start the download early.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 02:44:12 PM

woohoo 13th!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 02:51:02 PM

I figure it's the 13th instead of the 15th because they plan to pretty much have everyone in by the 15th.  That way, their initial false advert. of the 15th remains true and they will not have actually cheated people out of pre-order monies!   awesome, for real   amirite?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 03:09:59 PM

Thank you!

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 03:10:30 PM

Either that or they have a shitload of pre-orders and need a couple more days.   awesome, for real
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 03:13:33 PM

What the heck is with this "pre-order now and you MAY get early access UP TO 5 days early"-bullshit? If I pre-order the game, I might get early access, depending on how many other people have redeemed their pre-order codes before me? What the fuck?

Are you serious?  Words must be hard.  Here, let me help.

What the heck is with this "pre-order now and you MAY get early access UP TO 5 days early"-bullshit?

Yeah, it's been like that since they announced the early access plan.  UP TO 5 days, depending on how early you pre-ordered and registered.

If I pre-order the game, I might get early access, depending on how many other people have redeemed their pre-order codes before me?

You get early-access.  You said it yourself:

"pre-order now and you MAY get early access UP TO 5 days early"

What the fuck?

I don't know, but before you turn this place into the SWTOR Official Forums v2.0, maybe you should go cry over at the original forums first.  To re-emphasize the title of this post:

Quit Yer Bitchin'

This shit is not hard.  I can hardly believe this is any regular's first MMO/gaming launch experience. 

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 03:21:10 PM

I find the lack of grace period disturbing. There's going to be a lot of folks who lose access on the 19th and then won't be able to play until after the holiday season due to the postal systems and release dates. Seems odd they are being so harsh with it but I guess they need to recoup as much money as they can from box sales given what they have laid out for it.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 03:22:16 PM

Whoa. Expected drama with million servers crying out in the background under load, but it's actually downloading as fast as my connection allows. Not that my connection allows for much, but still.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 03:29:34 PM

The only downside is they will send you your early access invite on the day you get access.  So if you get to play the 13th, you wont know until the 13th.  Makes booking the day off ahead a guessing game :P
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 03:32:57 PM

I find the lack of grace period disturbing. There's going to be a lot of folks who lose access on the 19th and then won't be able to play until after the holiday season due to the postal systems and release dates. Seems odd they are being so harsh with it but I guess they need to recoup as much money as they can from box sales given what they have laid out for it.
From their early access page it appears there is grace period.

Have a Product Registration Code?
If you redeem a Product Registration Code during Early Game Access, your 30 days of included game time will not begin until the game officially launches on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET).

Note the "if". Apparently you can play during the early access based on entering the pre-order code, but nothing prevents you from putting in the actual activation code whenever you feel like it/are able to, afterwards.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 03:43:19 PM

What about my guild that I signed up for?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 03:46:45 PM

Are you a guild member through the Pre-Launch Guild Program?

Just prior to Early Game Access, you will be able to log in to swtor.com and visit the Guilds Headquarters to see if your guild was assigned a server and to play with them. You'll also see a flag next to a server name in-game if your guild is on that server. Visit the Guild FAQ for more details.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 03:47:48 PM

*thousands of nerds take off the 15th in anticipation*

Bioware: ::trollface::

I think it's a bit.. lame that they won't tell you until that day that you are in.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 03:51:09 PM

Stuff.

Watch it with the Sir Brucing. That shit gets annoying quick.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 03:52:03 PM

It's a matter of load-balancing.  I'm sure once the servers are stable they keep the queues under control they'll just start auto-inviting.  I doubt they have it planned out like "Ok, everyone that registered between 9/1 and 9/13 will get in on Early Access Day #2 AND NOT A MOMENT BEFORE!"

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 04:08:59 PM

Are you a guild member through the Pre-Launch Guild Program?

Just prior to Early Game Access, you will be able to log in to swtor.com and visit the Guilds Headquarters to see if your guild was assigned a server and to play with them. You'll also see a flag next to a server name in-game if your guild is on that server. Visit the Guild FAQ for more details.

Grassy ass.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 04:16:51 PM

I find the lack of grace period disturbing.

Oh come on. People get stuff for free (like headstart access to the game) and then bitch that they don't get enough stuff for free. Or that they might have to spend some time not playing - or paying for - the game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 04:18:53 PM

But if there's no grace period I don't know when to enter my game code to get the most free time!   why so serious?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 04:23:54 PM

The only downside is they will send you your early access invite on the day you get access.  So if you get to play the 13th, you wont know until the 13th.  Makes booking the day off ahead a guessing game :P

That's why businesses invented personal or "sick" days, rite?  awesome, for real

I miss being able to take one and fall behind by a day and a half AT BEST.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 04:55:59 PM

That's why businesses invented personal or "sick" days, rite?  awesome, for real

I miss being able to take one and fall behind by a day and a half AT BEST.

Well Im sure im in on the 13th, ordered with 3 hours on the first day.  Their site also says beta starts at 7am EST on the 13th so you"should" get a full day in if you book the day off. 
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 06:06:00 PM

My boss would know. cry

Though maybe I can claim it as a mental health day...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 06:38:15 PM

Figures.  I got tired of waiting for the announcement and scheduled my last two vacation days and now they pull this.

I don't want to upset Luckton, but I don't like this early access rollout.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin'  
Jump to: