Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin' 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin'  (Read 77702 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: December 12, 2011, 08:23:55 PM

I wonder how much a day1 early access account would go for on Ebay.  I bet some latecomers would be willing to pay a premium to get access tomorrow. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: December 12, 2011, 08:33:31 PM

Those people would have too much money for their own good if they spent it on that.

Over and out.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: December 12, 2011, 09:28:44 PM

Updating my list of servers to avoid from earlier.

French speaking servers in US-E or US-W timezones
Veela
Juyo
Keller's Void

German/other (spanish/portugese) speaking servers in US-E or US-W
Kinrath Spider
Legions of Lettow
Port Nowhere
Juyo
The Red Eclipse
Tomb of Freedom Nadd
Trask Ulgo

Oceanic/Australian in US-E or US-W
The Swiftsure (only official one so far)
The Harbinger
Jekk'Jekk Tarr
Begeren Colony

Lord Adraas is going to be the RP "megaserver", ala Moon Guard. Unfortunately, our RP-nerd friends are going there so I'm stuck.  swamp poop
Oh god, my guild's on Adraas too. I never knew what the Moon Guard Experience™ was like... guess it's time to learn. BRB, packing robes and wizard hats.  awesome, for real

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:07 PM

I hope it's not as bad as the ones that were on my SWG Eclipse server.  Some of the stuff that I came upon, nothing short of acid could take away the memories.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #249 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:44 PM

Moon Guard as Alliance is embarrassing, because you are home to ERP central, which is Goldshire. If you want a someone to textfuck, no matter what demented thing you are into, that's where you go. As Horde it's mostly just normal derpy RP stuff. It's not that there isn't ERP on Horde-side, obviously, it's just ... Moon Guard's Goldshire takes all the stereotypes of filthy, weird RP and turns it to 11. It's like some sort of bizarre performance art project.

God Save the Horn Players
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #250 on: December 12, 2011, 09:43:57 PM

Avoid Kinrath Spider at all costs. It is going to be the unofficial Brazilian server.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:25 PM

I don't mind RPers. Heck, my guild was pretty heavy into RP in SWG, we had a 100+person city of all RPers, had regular events, theatre / concert performances and all that. But Moon Guard seems to be Something Else.  why so serious?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #252 on: December 12, 2011, 10:47:07 PM

It really isn't, at least not as Horde. I've never played Alliance there for real.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: December 12, 2011, 11:00:40 PM

The thing with Moonguard, is it's *everywhere*. It's so damn BIZARRE to see every single area of every single capital just full of people doing stuff. Like you go to a normal server and wander into Orgrimmar and you'll find people at the Bank/AH/Mailbox/TargetDummy the end.

On Moonguard, you go to the goblin area and see people debating the finer points of rocket construction, you go to the tauren area and see people talking about the seasons or something and so on. People go into the inns/taverns and sit down to DRINK.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: December 12, 2011, 11:03:53 PM

The thing with Moonguard, is it's *everywhere*. It's so damn BIZARRE to see every single area of every single capital just full of people doing stuff. Like you go to a normal server and wander into Orgrimmar and you'll find people at the Bank/AH/Mailbox/TargetDummy the end.

On Moonguard, you go to the goblin area and see people debating the finer points of rocket construction, you go to the tauren area and see people talking about the seasons or something and so on. People go into the inns/taverns and sit down to DRINK.

My God! Those people sound INSANE!  Eek!

Over and out.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: December 12, 2011, 11:06:20 PM

I'm actually perfectly fine with that. My first character in SWG was a mad scientist type (doctor / droid engineer) who spent 95% of his time in the coronet / moenia med centers healing people and making small talk + involving them in various mad-scientisty experiments. If someone played along, they got buffs for free... and sometimes a mouse droid. Tips kept me afloat, so 'twas all good.

... of course, playing such a character is impossible in any kind of DIKU, but there you go.  awesome, for real

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #256 on: December 13, 2011, 01:04:52 AM

If you are going to create a character in a EU server, AVOID:

- Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP)

- Nightmare Lands (PvE)

Looks like the italian community is moving in those two en masse, and believe me, as an italian myself you DON'T WANT to be stuck together with them. If any of you played on Crushridge or Runetotem (WoW EU PvP and PvE servers), you know what I'm talking about.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #257 on: December 13, 2011, 01:25:37 AM

Currently considering any EU PVP-RP server, any chance I meet some of you there? ;)

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: December 13, 2011, 01:28:20 AM

With all these "unofficial" server declarations, I'm kinda glad we're on a no-name server like Shien.  I can only imagine what BW must be thinking as they see all these "The Brazilians are going here, the italians here, the RP 'superserver' here" posts.  Why do we need a RP superserver anyways?  If everyone just piles into one server, nobody trying to play on it is going to win.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #259 on: December 13, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

I just want to be able to say to my friends: OMG, guess what! I met that luckton guy on Tatooine, he was really nice, just like on the forums and we posed for a screeny! And then I killed him! With my lightsaber!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:35:33 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: December 13, 2011, 01:49:09 AM

Non english speaking communities getting together in these games is an interesting phenomena: a lot of people do it so they can ask for help when they don't understand something in the quest text/storyline (yeah, mostly about the storyline, not a lot is left to imagination when you see 0/10 wild boards killed :P) ; also, it's important to form a group where you can speak your native language, otherwise you wouldn't be able to keep up a conversation in english.

And also (and it's the main factor, I think), there is always the hope that, one day, seeing such a large group of brazilian/italians/russian etc. all together in one server will put pressure on the company to fully translate the game in their language, and that actually happened in WoW (russian and spanish; brazilian is forthcoming, I think). So it's important to get together a single community like that as soon as possible.

Regarding the name, well, it's a normal tendency. Imagine if they created a "Skywalker" RP-PVE server, and a "Vader" PvP one :D

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: December 13, 2011, 02:06:31 AM

I just want to be able to say to my friends: OMG, guess what! I met that luckton guy on Tatooine, he was really nice, just like on the forums and we posed for a screeny! And then I killed him! With my lightsaber!

Love Letters

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: December 13, 2011, 02:48:08 AM

Hmmm...my Amazon order now has a delivery date of Dec 20 :)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: December 13, 2011, 02:54:17 AM

Less than one hour to Early Game Access. No "last second patch" on sight  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? (I pre-ordered and redeemed my code on November 24th, so I'm in no hurry, I guess :P)

And by the way, Reid mentioned yesterday in a tweet that they will send several waves of invites throughout the day, so don't despair if you don't get any mail within the first 4 hours or so :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:01:06 AM by Lucas »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #264 on: December 13, 2011, 02:58:38 AM

spanish; brazilian is forthcoming,

Nitpick: Brazil speaks Portuguese.

Less than one hour to Early Game Access. No "last second patch" on sight  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? (I pre-ordered and redeemed my code on November 24th, so I'm in no hurry, I guess :P)

I just started up the patcher and got a 25mb patch.  I hadn't done it since last Wednesday, though, so I don't know how "new" this patch is.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: December 13, 2011, 03:01:34 AM

Less than one hour to Early Game Access. No "last second patch" on sight  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? (I pre-ordered and redeemed my code on November 24th, so I'm in no hurry, I guess :P)

And by the way, Reid mentioned yesterday in a tweet that they will send several waves of invites throughout the day, so don't despair if you don't get any mail within the first 4 hours or so :P

Don't jinx it  Shaking fist

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: December 13, 2011, 03:04:15 AM

spanish; brazilian is forthcoming,

Nitpick: Brazil speaks Portuguese.

Yep, I know, that's why I separated them from the russian and spanish :) (and I've been with a brazilian girl for five years...Sexy and dirrrty language, nice hips and mouth, and when she started to ....Oops, sorry, got carried away :P)

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: December 13, 2011, 03:10:52 AM

Sorry for this other post but....Oh, hello servers *waves*

http://www.swtor.com/server-status  (all down at the moment, of course)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #268 on: December 13, 2011, 03:17:39 AM

Ah I misunderstood then. I thought you were saying Spanish: Brazilian variant.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: December 13, 2011, 03:24:37 AM

I'll just be happy if I can log in the first day I'm allowed and reserve my name.  I pre-ordered Sept. 27th.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: December 13, 2011, 03:28:44 AM

Avoid Kinrath Spider at all costs. It is going to be the unofficial Brazilian server.

This was my guilds assigned server, we just decided to change
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: December 13, 2011, 03:31:58 AM

The servers!  THEY RIIIIIIISE!!!!  ACK!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #272 on: December 13, 2011, 03:35:43 AM

They are indeed all up. Now where's that damn email?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #273 on: December 13, 2011, 03:40:57 AM

Hmmm...my Amazon order now has a delivery date of Dec 20 :)
Yes!
don't despair if you don't get any mail within the first 4 hours or so :P
But if I get access before 9am....there will be a sudden illness in the house!

Also, SR said yesterday to launch the patcher every now and again to see if your button ungreys itself. You know, guild emails four hours late and whatnot...their email system not the best, etc.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #274 on: December 13, 2011, 03:45:07 AM

My patcher keeps telling me I don't have an active subscription on my account.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: December 13, 2011, 03:47:22 AM

My patcher keeps telling me I don't have an active subscription on my account.

That will go away they said when we can get in.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: December 13, 2011, 03:51:16 AM

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

and ka-booom!!!! High traffic.

New forums are live (and as you know, only those with an active sub can actively participate)

http://www.swtor.com/community/

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #277 on: December 13, 2011, 03:53:20 AM

As as if a million servers cried out at once and were suddenly silenced...

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #278 on: December 13, 2011, 03:57:00 AM

WHY CAN'T I LOG IN?  why so serious?
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05:04 AM

I understand you got your mail, Sky: among other things, when you can please check if they really enabled overhead chat (chat bubbles) and in-game antialiasing.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin'  
Jump to: