Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin' 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin'  (Read 77642 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 06:44:07 PM

That's why businesses invented personal or "sick" days, rite?  awesome, for real
My boss would know. cry

Though maybe I can claim it as a mental health day...

That's why you should have joined Slap on the Republic side to start with, then just make your Empire ladies for Bat Country come the weekend.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Over and out.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 08:31:09 PM

No grace period at all?  My copy has to come half way around the world, what was the point of pre ordering if I can't play at launch?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 09:10:50 PM

No grace period at all?  My copy has to come half way around the world, what was the point of pre ordering if I can't play at launch?

Well at least you get a potential 7 days of free play!   why so serious?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 09:18:14 PM

Also from SR:

Our sales and marketing teams are working closely with retailers in the US and Europe to ensure that copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic will be delivered in time for launch day.

In Europe, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 15, 2011. For those of you in the USA and Canada, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 20, 2011. For those of you who pre-ordered digital editions of the game from Origin.com, you will be emailed your Game Codes starting December 16, 2011.

As soon as you receive your Game Code (AKA 'product registration code'), be sure to enter it on your account under Code Redemption, because as soon as you enter the code you will receive your digital entitlements in-game (i.e. digital items included with the game edition purchased). Remember, your billing cycle will not start until official game launch, on December 20, 2011 at 12:01am EST.

There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the game. In order to continue playing past the Early Game Access period, you will need to enter a valid launch game code and payment method. Please read our FAQ for more information. We apologize for any previous messaging which may have led you to believe otherwise.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 09:29:32 PM

That does kind of suck, since amazon is telling me Dec 22 delivery. At least it's in the middle of the week, so I'll be working anyway.

To be fair, the only thing I remember about a grace period was for guild masters in the pre-launch guild program (so BC can exist for a while before I log into retail).
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 09:30:48 PM

I am getting same-day delivery from Amazon, odd that you are not?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 07, 2011, 09:31:27 PM

That does kind of suck, since amazon is telling me Dec 22 delivery. At least it's in the middle of the week, so I'll be working anyway.

To be fair, the only thing I remember about a grace period was for guild masters in the pre-launch guild program (so BC can exist for a while before I log into retail).

They are trying to get all retailers to ship early.  At least that's what SR is saying on the forums.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 09:48:43 PM

Oh this is fun.  I uninstalled and went to download the client but it's telling me login failed now.   Is the whole site down?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:09 PM

I am getting same-day delivery from Amazon, odd that you are not?
Fastest option I have is 1-day. Which is apparently 2. The prima guide (shut up) is also released on the 20th, with 2 day shipping I get it...on the 20th.  swamp poop
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 07, 2011, 10:00:19 PM

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #45 on: December 07, 2011, 10:09:58 PM

Perhaps it has something to do with me having Prime. When I originally ordered it it was coming on the 22nd, then I got an email saying "Amazon is happy to announce release day delivery for this title!" This was months ago at this point I think.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 10:32:06 PM

In Europe, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 15, 2011. For those of you in the USA and Canada, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 20, 2011.
Amazing, a game gets to appear in Europe first.

They should do that more often why so serious?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 10:32:32 PM

Yeah, I think its only prime that gets that.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:48 PM

In Europe, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 15, 2011. For those of you in the USA and Canada, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 20, 2011.
Amazing, a game gets to appear in Europe first.

They should do that more often why so serious?

So much for a global launch date.  They moved eu back 2 data and now this!  It's just so bizarre how this it's all going down.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #49 on: December 07, 2011, 10:36:41 PM

Think the launch is still global i.e. you can only login once December 20th comes? You just get to stare longingly at your boxed game earlier in EU.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 07, 2011, 10:47:43 PM

Think the launch is still global i.e. you can only login once December 20th comes? You just get to stare longingly at your boxed game earlier in EU.

Yeah this, since there is no grace period they just talked the EU peeps into letting their boxes out early. 
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 11:29:10 PM

Interesting, just got an offer for a pre-order code. Can you still apply them to your account ? Is it all you need for access until the 20th ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 11:30:21 PM

Interesting, just got an offer for a pre-order code. Can you still apply them to your account ? Is it all you need for access until the 20th ?

You can still put them in yes.  You probably would only get at most 3 days of early access at this point, is my guess.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #53 on: December 08, 2011, 02:54:23 AM

LOL, you can't get away from the comp for about 12 hrs and stuff like this happens. Reading this whole thread in about 1 minute is hilarious, THE DRAMA  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 08, 2011, 04:28:37 AM

The prima guide (shut up) is also released on the 20th, with 2 day shipping I get it...on the 20th.  swamp poop
It pays the bills of one of our guildies.  I'll only snicker at you.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 05:26:26 AM

This is fucking retarded.  Not telling us when we start before hand and not having a grace period?  Jesus Christ.

Edit: And why do they always send out these fucking emails and then take their site down for maintenance?  Whoever is in charge of their communications should be shot, they have done nothing but cause confusion and fuck things up.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:28:06 AM by Miasma »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 05:30:09 AM

A surreal moment:

It's from EA and devs from failed MMOs we mocked 3 years ago. 

At this point I was expecting tears and gnashing of teeth about the game.  That all is happening, just not as envisioned.  It's about the inability to play it sooner rather than the game itself.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #57 on: December 08, 2011, 06:11:35 AM

That's because, for all our bravado and jadedness, we're still the industry's bitches.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 06:12:23 AM

A surreal moment:

It's from EA and devs from failed MMOs we mocked 3 years ago. 

At this point I was expecting tears and gnashing of teeth about the game.  That all is happening, just not as envisioned.  It's about the inability to play it sooner rather than the game itself.

I think it's less inability to play it sooner as much as inability to manage expectations. People can easily deal with "you wait until Wednesday, then show up", less easily with "sometime in this week your package will arrive", it's why so many F5 buttons have died due to package tracking software ;)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 08, 2011, 06:16:22 AM

That's because, for all our bravado and jadedness, we're still the industry's bitches.
Some people are into BDSM...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
zardoz
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 06:20:51 AM

I find the lack of grace period disturbing.

Oh come on. People get stuff for free (like headstart access to the game) and then bitch that they don't get enough stuff for free. Or that they might have to spend some time not playing - or paying for - the game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Maybe it's free when you preorder from amazon and cancel right away but you know the even sold the preorder boxes here for 5€+.

Ha free, EA  tongue
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 06:23:34 AM

Well, I thought it might be a good idea if we posted when we redeemed our pre-order codes, then we could kind of estimate things as people got in. I'll post mine just as soon as their site isn't down for maintenance... Which I'm sure will be really soon...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 06:52:18 AM

Maybe it's free when you preorder from amazon and cancel right away but you know the even sold the preorder boxes here for 5€+.

If that's not a refundable deposit then they saw you coming from a mile off.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 07:00:40 AM

Perhaps it has something to do with me having Prime. When I originally ordered it it was coming on the 22nd, then I got an email saying "Amazon is happy to announce release day delivery for this title!" This was months ago at this point I think.
I signed up for the free trial, but I'd have to cancel and re-order for it to apply. Ah, well.

Bunk, my code was in about 9 hours after they went on sale. If I had only stayed up another half-hour...
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 07:00:51 AM

This is fucking retarded.  Not telling us when we start before hand and not having a grace period?  Jesus Christ.

Edit: And why do they always send out these fucking emails and then take their site down for maintenance?  Whoever is in charge of their communications should be shot, they have done nothing but cause confusion and fuck things up.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 08, 2011, 07:04:15 AM

Well, I thought it might be a good idea if we posted when we redeemed our pre-order codes, then we could kind of estimate things as people got in. I'll post mine just as soon as their site isn't down for maintenance... Which I'm sure will be really soon...

I got my pre-order code at the beginning of August.

I redeemed it at the beginning of November.  Ohhhhh, I see.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 08, 2011, 07:10:14 AM

I redeemed my pre-order code at the end of August.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 08, 2011, 07:12:07 AM

I got mine 2 days after preorders came up.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 08, 2011, 07:14:48 AM

$5 preorder fee on Origin. Fee not deposit.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 08, 2011, 07:39:01 AM

$5 preorder fee on Origin. Fee not deposit.

A third of the way down this Origin support page about SWTOR pre-orders under the heading "Why is my credit card authorized for the full game amount?"

Please note that you will only be paying a deposit for the game when ordering for the official pre-order program.

A little further down after that, instructions on how to get a refund if you bought a pre-order at Origin.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Early Access Details: Now Quit Yer Bitchin'  
Jump to: