Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Open Championship II - sign up here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ Open Championship II - sign up here  (Read 10950 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: December 04, 2011, 10:28:04 AM

Once the main league finishes we'll kick off the Drilling and Manliness feeder league open championship again.

The basic format:

DRILLING AND MANLINESS  All matches will be played within the feeder league - to take part your team needs to meet the feeder league rules and get into that league.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  One team per coach (post in this thread).
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Matches and standings will be announced in a thread here.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Matches will be determined on a swiss tournament basis.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  We'll play out a bunch of rounds depending on how many teams sign up, team with the most points at the end of that time takes the trophy, or a playoff will split a tie.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  You can still play other feeder league matches with your D&M trophy team if you want.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Winner automatically qualifies for the feeder league masters.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Format will mean we can be flexible over christmas, I'll aim to combine a couple of rounds over a longer deadline so everyone can work around holidays.

Current holders : Going forth by Day

Sign your teams up here. Competition kicks off when the first round of the playoffs end, or maybe sooner.

As last time, this is primarily a way to make sure we can get a bunch of matches for feeder league teams against similar standard of opposition. Swiss league means that each fixture is played against a team on the same or similar points total at that time, so matches will remain appropriate to talent of you and your team.

Teams signed up:

Pound Pound Mantrain
Emperors of the Pitch
Going Forth by Day
The Deady Bears
Gutted
Golden Hamsters
PonyElves
Leisure Suits
Blackrock and Roll
Wilson's Beard
Mab's Malignancies
Nerve Damage
Balls and Chain
Sidewindin' Stars
Statement, the Sequel
Warriors of the Sun
Dead Risen
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:59:23 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 12:28:39 PM

Pound Pound Mantrain is in. I'll have to confirm that they are still eligible, but they should be fine.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 12:31:21 PM

Emperors of the Pitch will be competing.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 12:36:13 PM

Pound Pound Mantrain is in. I'll have to confirm that they are still eligible, but they should be fine.

Eligibility rules are as follows, read carefully as they are quite complex.

Rule 1: Team must be in feeder league.

~rules end~

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 12:47:07 PM

I suppose I am morally obligated to defend the title using the same team, so I'm in with the Khemri.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 12:55:56 PM

In with the Deady Bears - Necormantic team.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 01:00:06 PM

In with my Chaos team - Gutted
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 01:11:23 PM

In with Golden Hamsters - Skaven.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 01:20:49 PM

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 01:30:41 PM

In with F13 PonyElves.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 03:43:28 PM

Blackrock and Roll is ready to party!

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 05:36:45 PM

Goblin Baby!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 05:47:31 PM

Part of me wants to play my pro elves in this. The other part of me knows that is a recipe for tears.

God Save the Horn Players
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 06:02:52 PM

Part of me wants to play my pro elves in this. The other part of me knows that is a recipe for tears.

Tears of JOY!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS why so serious? DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

I'm in, will edit with a team soon as I get home.  awesome, for real
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 06:36:00 PM

I'm in with my Riders of the Black Horse - Nurgle.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 07:29:35 PM

Eligibility rules are as follows, read carefully as they are quite complex.

Rule 1: Team must be in feeder league.

~rules end~
Is this true?  If so then sign me up with Wilsons Beard.  Unless this thing isn't really meant for 1800 TV teams.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 07:31:12 PM

The Master's Tournament was for the top eight ranked teams in the Feeder League, but the D&M Tourney is open to any Feeder League team.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 11:58:09 PM

The Warriors of the Sun will return in search of sacrifice for their lizrrrrd god.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 03:46:02 AM

I'll be entering Nerve Damage in this.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 08:03:58 AM

In with something, not sure what yet.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 08:35:32 AM

I'll be in with either Howls and Bones or that Amazon team I've been considering.

EDIT: Made an Amazonian team called Balls and Chain that I'll be putting in this one.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:45:28 PM by HaemishM »

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 09:32:12 AM

I have changed my mind and will enter Mab's Malignancies, my dark elf team, into the fray.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 10:53:34 PM

EDIT: Changed my mind

Edit: changed again back to pro elves now that comstar's signed out.

Sidewindin' Stars
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:39:04 PM by Llyse »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 01:05:19 PM

Going to start this next weekend.

Note to people who have not yet posted a team : SUBCREATURES!  CHOOSE AND PERISH!

~Scheduling format changes~

Initial 2 matches will be announced right off the bat, based on existing feeder league position (high plays high, low plays low).

I'll give everyone 2 weeks to play both matches, which may be easier than forcing 1 every week.

Second two matches will then be announced based on results in the first matches, again, two weeks for two games, then the final round (we should only need 5 rounds unless we get more signups).

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 01:45:15 PM

I'm going to have to withdraw from this- I've allocated too much time to arranging Bloodbowl games for the time being.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 05:39:29 PM

I am tossing up which team to play:

Lizards
Wood Elves
Goblins

I think my Skaven team has run its race in the main league. They're very lopsided and boring, I haven't developed any special players with skillups. So I have to decide who to change over to.

If I go goblins then I don't really need to play any more feeder games. Low TV is decent and I already have a few skills on the players there. So I guess I won't play them in this... but they're fun...

Lizards I need a bit more cash and skills still. I can fit in a Krox and a few skills and still make 1300TV, which would be ideal. So playing them in this would be handy.

Wood Elves need a heap of stuff, but they will probably be the least fun to play as they have zero skills as yet.

I'll say Lizards for now.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 08:19:00 AM

Plaiying Orcs.  Team name is Statement, the Sequel if someone could please approve.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 09:12:43 AM

16 teams.

24 more hours then this kicks off.

Need your team name if you are joining in, if you aren't on the list in the OP and don't post then you won't be in the draw!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:00 AM

So pumped for this. Good thing I'm not in the playoffs  why so serious?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 12:02:25 PM

Drag...    thump.

Drag...    thump.

Drag...    thump.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 02:26:45 PM

Need your team name if you are joining in, if you aren't on the list in the OP and don't post then you won't be in the draw!

Yikes, good thing I checked the OP. I posted above, but either it was missed or there is such fear of the murderous Warriors of the Sun that their participation was summarily vetoed by the tournament chairman.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 02:48:27 PM

...and for some reason I included two of carnifex's teams as well.

All fixed.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 02:57:50 PM

I'd like to join with my Dead Risen team if possible...just need someone to accept them into the Feeder league.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 03:22:47 PM

17, one more would be fantastic so we can avoid byes.

Sjfon has posted in this tread but not named a team?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 06:45:56 PM

You don't have me in there?

Going to play my Lizards: The Leisure Suits.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Open Championship II - sign up here  
Jump to: