Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7)  (Read 30712 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: December 03, 2011, 01:02:45 PM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #7
** All games have to be played BEFORE December 13th 2011 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE December 13th 2011 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:12:34 PM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 01:03:35 PM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #6

Scores:

Standings (6 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:12:19 PM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 01:05:48 PM

Let's go with the last day of Regular Season! Next week, Playoffs/Failoffs  Heart

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:06:49 PM

I...I already played Avaia?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 01:11:26 PM

Yes... you did?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 01:15:00 PM

Yes... you did?

Oh sure, update the OP with the correct picture  Ohhhhh, I see. why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 01:27:39 PM

I'm not sure even if I win and avaia loses that I can make the playoffs.  huh

I love that my RAT OGRE is the league's top interceptor.

Megrim, when is good for you to play our game?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 01:36:16 PM

You're next, Drogg!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

When is good for you?  This weekend would be great for me; I'm off all the time.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 01:57:32 PM

Celar, steam is being useless. Message me when you can play our decider!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 03:59:25 PM

I'm not sure even if I win and avaia loses that I can make the playoffs.  huh

I love that my RAT OGRE is the league's top interceptor.

Megrim, when is good for you to play our game?

Your Sunday, my Monday should be good, if you're around then.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 04:11:50 PM

Falc catch me on steam when you want to play. Last time I tried to get you, you were inside the deeply addictice skyrim. hopefully it will randomly crash and you will see my messages.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 04:17:03 PM

Carnifex, we're the same time zone but opposite work shifts I think - and I'm out Sunday.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 05:05:43 PM

Still in the hospital.  MIGHT be home on Tues. if everything goes well with the angiogram.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 05:38:33 PM

Beardstorm! ensures a spot in the playoffs with a 1-0 victory over the Cripplers. The weather played a big role in this game as it was snowing for 31/32 turns, and the lizards fell down on GFIs at least 3 times. (I managed to make my one really important one.)

Pretty bloodless game, I think there were only two injuries, one to a skink on a failed dodge and one badly hurt to a saurus.

EDIT: I think this clinches first place for me due to head to head being the first tiebreaker?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:41:01 PM by Ingmar »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 05:47:52 PM

Yep.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 05:48:39 PM

Beardstorm! 1-0 Carnifex's Cripplers, making the playoff race for the division at little less interesting.  Me and Ingmar both make it to the playoffs, as does the winner between Celer and Comstar.  Then it all depends of Sjofn, if she wins, she makes the playoffs, if she loses Celer and Comstar both make it.  So I believe it goes:

1. Ingmar
2. Carnifex27
3. Winner of Celer v. Comstar
4. Sjofn or loser of Celer v. Comstar
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 05:49:33 PM

I think if Celer loses Sjofn is in regardless as she beat him head to head.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 05:53:48 PM

Like a drum.

God Save the Horn Players
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 05:57:54 PM

The Chemical Elvers chose to accept a bid into the Failoffs, and threw their game 5-0 against Comstar's Cripplers.  The elves had nothing but bad luck, as they had at least 3 turnovers due to failed dodges (with reroll) and were only 2/6 picking up the ball.  But the key stat would be the number of times the elves left their ball carrier uncovered and open to ladyblitzes; namely, too damn many!
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 05:58:21 PM

You are correct good sir and madam, all apologies. Now that the critical matches have been played, it should be:

1. Ingmar
2. Carnifex27
3. Comstar
4. Sjofn

edit: updated data
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:00:24 PM by carnifex27 »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 05:59:31 PM

You are correct good sir and madam, all apologies.  Also in the unlikely event that Comstar wins by seven or more touchdowns, he will take second in the division.

NEARLY!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 06:02:26 PM

That game....did not go as expected. The result was a complete surprise to me.

F13 Catfighters | 5 - 0 | The Chemical Elvers

A 5-0 whitewash! 3 Amazons level up- my Star Thrower, a Level 4 catcher and my +1ST Blitzer of doom. One High Elf Linesman gains a skill. 2 badly hurt Elves and 1 badly hurt Amazon gives me a full strength skilled up team to go to the playoffs.

Celar seemed distracted by out of game events, with several turnovers in the first half resulting when he ran out of time. With no tackle at all, and a shortfall in guard, the Elves couldn't use their Agility advantage, and when they tried to dodge, only succeeded when it didn't count. In the mean time the Amazons were able to go after the ball carrier with ease, often with a +1ST Blitzer when the ball or ball carrier was left strangely alone, dodging away from the Elves whenever they wanted.

It didn't help that one of the ST 4 High Elves was KO'ed for most of the game, though it was not till the last touchdown that the Amazons outnumbered the Elves on the pitch. Even pouring rain couldn't stop the Amazons from picking up the ball when the Elves could not. A complete contrast to my previous games all season, I was finally able to show off the skills and luck of nuffle like I haven't been able to since season 3. Who am I playing in the playoffs now that I've finally found some form?

What should I get my +1ST Blodge Dodge Mighty Blow Sidestep Tackling -1MV star blitzer? Frenzy? Juggernaut? Guard?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:07:05 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 06:04:41 PM

Frenzy.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 06:04:46 PM

God, don't you have enough guard?

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 06:06:56 PM

God, don't you have enough guard?
NO SUCH THING
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 06:07:45 PM

Still in the hospital.  MIGHT be home on Tues. if everything goes well with the angiogram.

Okay, well, don't hurry home on my account! I'm busy Tuesday evening in any case, but will keep an eye out on Steam.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 06:17:14 PM

I hope Falconner can approve the matches so I can decide. The waiting to decide is killing me, though I am thinking I'll get Frenzy - it's a skill my team lacks quite badly.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 06:17:59 PM

My first (and probably last) level 5 player awaits a skillup (my star runner Nar.)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 06:31:19 PM

Celar seemed distracted by out of game events...
I hope Falconner can approve the matches...

I'll approve the games as soon as we'll have the results of this poll.

Do you think that Comstar mangles everyone's name:

- for he's old and confused, and played too many boardgames and now his head is full of numbers, not letters.
- for he loves, you know... Henry Gondorff style, to subtly irritate the opposition. All opposition. Everyone's an opponent. Or will some day.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:21:52 PM by Falconeer »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 07:55:59 PM

Everyone mangles MY name, so I don't even notice when other people's names are mangled. Sfojn is the most common, I think.  awesome, for real

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 08:10:39 PM

heh, I've been carnfiex27 enough places I made an email account for it
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 11:15:53 PM

As I remember it, Comstar has a legit excuse to misspell names so I've always let it slide.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 11:39:21 PM

The Ex-Presidents 2 - 1 Hunqua Hunqua Burninluv

Drogg had some inducements and took Sigli, a good choice as I figure he was expecting to have some bench trouble with my claw/mb guys on the field.  Drogg chose to receive and knocked my beastmen around a bit, and left me few opportunities to claw up his lizards, but after his second turn he grabbed the ball and left himself open to a surprise blitz by Franklin Pierce.  By my fourth turn I had the ball in my possession and was lumbering up the field, but Drogg managed to make some fairly serious hits on the Ex-Presidents and gave Thomas Jefferson a lingering knee injury.  I scored, and Drogg had two turns to retort, but wasn't able to put together a drive.

Drogg kicked to me in the second half, but I was down three players due to more KOs than I'm used to and a casualty.  The ball went off the field so I gave it to Abe Lincoln, my STR 5 blodging chaos warrior.  It looked like I was going to have trouble moving the ball, but maanged to KO two HHB members and I moved a little farther to the side than I think Drogg was anticipating, and moved the ball upfield.  After a little work I was able to score my second TD.  I kicked off to Drogg again and was severely short-handed as none of my KOs were coming back and I had two casualties.  I got a blitz kickoff event, but it really didn't do anything; Drogg scored a TD after a pass and a hand-off.  Drogg kicked off to me and I snatched up the ball and caged up at the LoS until the end of the game, ending the game 2-1.

It was a good game, but it reminded me why I hate playing against lizards: it takes a lot of work to get 2-die rolls on blocks, especially when they have guard, and they are prone to beating the hell out of you if they make contact.  I'm lucky only Thomas Jefferson got wounded, and he'll be paying for it for the rest of his career.  Drogg managed to score the first TD against the Ex-Presidents since game day 2, and this was one of the toughest matches I've played this season.  That said:

Woooohoooooo!!  Perfect regular season, 7-0-0!!!!!  Go Chaos!!  Even if I get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs I'll be happy with this achievement.

I'm looking forward to our rematch, Sjofn.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 12:33:05 AM

I'm looking forward to our rematch, Sjofn.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

It's sad, half my team will die to proudft, the other half will be crushed by Millard Filmore. It was a good run, Mutiny!  why so serious?

Still, considering everyone went "Sjofn is going to dieeee" at the beginning of the season, I can't be too disappointed with this season.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 01:17:28 AM

Bah, I never said you were going to die.  I said that you were a great ringer.  Actually, I would have predicted you to make the playoffs in Stormbringer or Cthulu divisions; I just thought Battletech looked tough for a Norse team.  I stand corrected, however.

Also, Millard Fillmore and Truman's claws are useless against you!   Cry

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7)  
Jump to: