Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:51:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7)  (Read 30711 times)
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 03:58:17 AM

A perfect season is very very impressive, what is also impressive is you have the tightest defence, only 2TD's against. Smart money on you to make the final tbh.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 04:56:11 AM

Bah, I never said you were going to die.  I said that you were a great ringer.  Actually, I would have predicted you to make the playoffs in Stormbringer or Cthulu divisions; I just thought Battletech looked tough for a Norse team.  I stand corrected, however.

Also, Millard Fillmore and Truman's claws are useless against you!   Cry

Well, I essentially won the games I had a chance in (I am good at punching elves and Paelos isn't dangerous ... yet), and had awesome Norse bullshit versus Ingmar.  why so serious?  It actually helped, I think, that the entire division is/was/whatever good, so I actually stayed in the running even though I lost to both Carnifex and Comstar. And possibly proudft (I am shooting for a tie  ACK!).

And yes, I do enjoy that most of my team gets to go "lol what claw." WHY they get to do that, we'll ... just ignore.

God Save the Horn Players
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 06:24:11 AM

ben.skelly is who?

I can go today any time, I think. We're doing Xmas tree shortly but after that I'm totally open.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 10:30:07 AM

Ben.skelly is Cancklebiter.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 10:32:54 AM

Where's IainC?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 10:38:48 AM

COME TO YOUR DOOM CANKLEBITER
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 08:24:01 PM

Hey there Bashing Bann,

I'm in GMT +9 hell so weekends are the best... sadly I'm on holidays this weekend so internet access will be sporadic but I can try Sunday night sometime/(Your Sunday morning) otherwise I'll wake up early or stay up ridiculously late for the game.

Let me know!  awesome, for real
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #42 on: December 04, 2011, 08:37:38 PM

Where's IainC?

He's usually in the UK.

EDIT: I lied, he's in Germany or something. Fucking Europe.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:46:08 PM by Sjofn »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 08:49:22 PM

That's going to make things tougher then.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 08:52:26 PM

Yeah I played him at like 1pm my time or so. Being an unemployed stagehand has its perks, I guess.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:50 PM

Yeah I played him at like 1pm my time or so. Being an unemployed stagehand has its perks, I guess.

Well you certainly helped bring the curtain down... on his playoff chances.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 11:31:17 PM

/sunglasses  awesome, for real

I'm not looking forward to playing Bann with the most kills and one of the biggest bashers in the league  ACK!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 11:51:46 PM

I'm in Germany (GMT+1). Let me know when would be a good time for you to play Paelos. I work office hours and am usually around after 7pm or so my time and all day on weekends.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 11:56:04 PM

I'm not looking forward to playing Bann with the most kills and one of the biggest bashers in the league  ACK!

Even after my win against him, Bann's team seriously scares the bajeezus out of me.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #49 on: December 05, 2011, 01:17:50 AM

awesome, for real

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #50 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:38 AM

Heartbreak

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 07:38:40 AM

I'm in Germany (GMT+1). Let me know when would be a good time for you to play Paelos. I work office hours and am usually around after 7pm or so my time and all day on weekends.

I'm GMT -5. I think 7PM your time on Saturday would work best since that's 1PM my time. Otherwise I'm at work.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:48 PM

Still in the hospital.  MIGHT be home on Tues. if everything goes well with the angiogram.

Okay, well, don't hurry home on my account! I'm busy Tuesday evening in any case, but will keep an eye out on Steam.

Getting my procedure done tommorow morning.  If all goes well I'll be home Wed. but I probably won't be able to play until the weekend.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 08:50:19 PM

So, can somebody tell me who Krummi is on Steam/F13?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 05, 2011, 09:44:38 PM

Love Truncheon
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 10:20:44 PM

Getting my procedure done tommorow morning.  If all goes well I'll be home Wed. but I probably won't be able to play until the weekend.

Weekend should be fine. Hope everything goes well!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 11:56:20 PM

I'm GMT -5. I think 7PM your time on Saturday would work best since that's 1PM my time. Otherwise I'm at work.

Saturday evening is out for me as I'll be at a Rammstein concert. I can play earlier in the day (before around 3-4 my time) or I can play Sunday.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 06, 2011, 03:15:46 PM

Falc- at some point can I get your attention on Steam?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #58 on: December 06, 2011, 05:39:15 PM

Saturday evening is out for me as I'll be at a Rammstein concert. I can play earlier in the day (before around 3-4 my time) or I can play Sunday.

Sunday it is. I don't play Bloodbowl before noon if I can help it. 7PM your time on Sunday.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #59 on: December 07, 2011, 07:50:31 PM

Zellar Dwellerz and Insatiable finishes at two apiece.

Haem went 2-0 up early, not giving me much of a chance to set anything up due to his GR pressure. On top of that, attrition was compounding the game, but luckily my double Apothecaries, Babe, and two instances of Regeneration kept me in it all the way until the end (took something like five injuries and eight KOs all-up). I also scored a lucky break by charting one of Haem's Guard rats early on. Conversely, multiple MB blitzes and fouls against his AV6 GR did nothing but stun repeatedly. Grr.

The second half saw a reversal of momentum, with the rats attempting some (questionable) passing plays to try and secure their lead. However, a fumbled pass in the the first instance and a well-aimed Lightning Bolt in the second put a stop to both of these, letting Vampires back into the game - finishing with a 2-2 tie.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 07:51:33 PM

Sorry i haven't been in touch with my opponent. Ezrast, I should be able to play any time this weekend, so let me know when is a good time for you.

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 09:23:05 PM

Oh Haem, you were so close to the playoffs!

Only Falc and Andy left to play who can influence the playoffs in our group. The thing on the line is who will come in the top three, as I managed to pick up a win over the nurgle. Andy needs to win. If he loses he will come third, while a draw will see him in second place.

It could have been worse for Avaia, after some bullshit GR play and so forth, but I failed a 3+ pass (w/ reroll) to make it 2-0 in the first, then couldn't hold off the charge of Nurgle after some typically hilarious GR action (dogeing through his lines with my dauntless runner, taking down the carrier with wrestle, then leaping over with the block guy to pick up the loose ball).

In the final couple of turns it could have been either 3-1 or 2-2, but I tried to level a linerat and failed, and Avaia just couldn't clear enough rats away to get the ball free.

I was lucky with the armor rolls (a massive 11 from 23) and Avaia was unable to hit me hard at all, so I took no injuries all game!

Llyse: My star GR scored again and got MVP, pushing him to 95SP and reclaiming the title as most experienced rat in the league. Calvin needs to lift!

Edit: An undefeated regular season, a first for me, which is pretty nice. Now to see who the playoff will be against. (Elves or Norse, either is bad luck).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:50:59 AM by lamaros »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 10:23:00 PM

Myself and Kailias have been missing each other steam, and I'm realising I don't have much time to play this.

Available about 10-4 GMT tomorrow, and possibly late GMT on Monday.

Might be a dead rubber anyhow.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 08:14:45 AM

Oh Haem, you were so close to the playoffs!

I blame you.  awesome, for real I bought a goddamn thrower who has been in two games, made one successful fucking pass and has been useless as tits on a bull in every other instance. Statistically, having a thrower is a good thing, but apparently he fucks my mojo. He was so bad last night he tried a risky pass (I think it was a 4+ but with a path clear of interceptors), fumbled it and then CAUGHT the goddamn bounce back. His initial fuckup made me decide to play him conservatively the next time he had a chance to throw and he got blitzed and dropped the ball to the guy who would later make the tying TD.

Skaven throwers are curses to my team.

On a good note, the team did actually perform pretty well in the first half, with lots of block and guard and such. The Failoffs should be a positive experience for me. There was one chain of good then horrible dice results in multiple turns at the start of the second half that let Megrim score too quickly that probably fucked me as much as the thrower.

Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 11:36:16 AM

Gents 2 - 0 Hippies

Elf upset special, nuffle punished the hippies pretty badly. The game was pretty entertaining for me to play, as everything seemed to click; even got an interception! The Hippies rolled ones all over the place, while every single of my blocks connected.

I had been up all night (it was 6am or something when we played) so I cant really remember any super-specifics. But there was plenty of action to go around.

The only good thing Teleku can take from this match is probably that his bad-luck was probably used up on this pointless match.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #65 on: December 08, 2011, 03:05:21 PM

Plus, look at it this way, Haemish. By not making the playoffs you trade a game against Beardstorm! for a game against goblins.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #66 on: December 08, 2011, 08:50:57 PM

Well, that was bloody, although only one Norse guy (permanently) died, my tackle lineman FLINT IRONSTAG. Goodbye, Flint, you will be missed. But since I elected NOT to save you, it meant GRISTLE MCTHORNBODY, shitty werewolf, lived through the Curse of the Second Werewolf and rerolled HIS death to badly hurt. One of my berserkers (Butch Deadlift, I think) will be missing my playoff game, along with one of my throwers (I forget which one, but he broke his leg). My sidestep berserker whose name I forget went up a level. I also inflicted a surprising amount of harm myself, even murdering a blitz-ra.

Mutiny wins 2-0, and will stagger into the playoffs a little less robust than I would like.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 09, 2011, 04:42:56 AM

In the process of moving back to the UK and increasingly difficult to see me being able to play my game before the deadline. Will be online late UK on monday, but not sure what TZ Kailas is?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 09, 2011, 03:51:05 PM

Yeah,, you guys need to watch the match between Canckle's undeads and my goblins. Yeah.... yeah.....
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 09, 2011, 04:00:46 PM

Steam tells me his in game but won't let me message him. Tell him to message me when gets out if he has time for another game (For Horns and Hooves).

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #7 (of 7)  
Jump to: