Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204314 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #595 on: December 12, 2012, 11:15:49 AM

So I just started Act 2 on my agent and...

(that said, I need more companions. It's fun kicking the entire galaxy's puppy population one-by-one with Kaliyo, but I could use some variance. As for bug dude... no. I heard he's actually supposed to be the romantic interest for female IAs?!)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #596 on: December 12, 2012, 12:44:54 PM

He is indeed the love interest for lady IAs. He was the only companion my (dude) IA had that I trusted not to eventually snap and murder me in my sleep, though. They were BFFs and it was adorable.  Heart

But yeah, the IA takes way too fucking long to get some variety in their companions. The SI's are too slow in coming too (the last one is after motherfuckin' VOSS.).

God Save the Horn Players
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #597 on: December 12, 2012, 01:12:44 PM

Yeah, he's depressingly nice... which means he gets to guard the holocom in my ship while the Ranagol and Kaliyo Show tours the galaxy, saving puppies from not being kicked.  awesome, for real

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #598 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:22 PM

I did the Trooper bit up to level 21~, I was surprised how much darker it was than the Imp side version. Lots harder to play straight up good or evil. Everyone in the Republic is corrupt.

Was kinda depressing.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #599 on: December 13, 2012, 12:26:32 AM

The Troopers moral choices are usually about either doing the right (but disadvantageous) thing vs. the smart (but awful) thing.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #600 on: December 13, 2012, 12:35:16 AM

Trooper ls/ds choices for 90% of the game:
"Congratulations, you have found Morally Objectionable Superweapon x on Planet y.
[LS] Such a tool of evil should not be allowed to exist! Destroy it in righteous fire!
[DS] Finally, something to even the odds! Time to shoot some Imps with this."

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #601 on: December 13, 2012, 11:49:17 AM

Not sure if this is worth a spoiler but
Ding dong
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #602 on: December 13, 2012, 12:22:28 PM

Not sure if this is worth a spoiler but
Ding dong

Nope. He is
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #603 on: December 13, 2012, 01:52:20 PM

Trooper ls/ds choices for 90% of the game:
"Congratulations, you have found Morally Objectionable Superweapon x on Planet y.
[LS] Such a tool of evil should not be allowed to exist! Destroy it in righteous fire!
[DS] Finally, something to even the odds! Time to shoot some Imps with this."

Demonstrating my general opinion that the republic and the trooper community in particular are the bad guys in this IP.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #604 on: December 13, 2012, 01:59:36 PM

Really?  The guys who wrestle with the morality of using weapons of mass destruction are the bad guys while the guys who gleefully use them without a second thought aren't?

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #605 on: December 13, 2012, 02:00:40 PM

Really?  The guys who wrestle with the morality of using weapons of mass destruction are the bad guys while the guys who gleefully use them without a second thought aren't?

Well, the Republic military built all these damn superweapons in the first place - see JK storyline.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #606 on: December 13, 2012, 02:05:57 PM

Sure, but the difference is the Republic still seems to have a conscious despite building them.  The only reluctance the Empire seems to have is they don't want 'bad PR' or some such.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #607 on: December 13, 2012, 02:24:38 PM

Yeah sorry, as Empire, the question is rarely "use morally objectionable weapon yes/no," but much more often "use morally objectionable weapon for the Empire/use morally objectionable weapon for personal gain."

I do like that the Republic has its issues (BELSAVIS) but saying the Republic is the real bad guy is just trolling. :P

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #608 on: December 13, 2012, 02:45:01 PM

I'm not aware (from the storylines I've played) of the empire using superweapons against any peaceloving opposing factions? SI uses a superweapon against reactionary forces within the empire but that is clearly a carefully considered surgical strike, in aid of the greater good.

Furthermore the movie empire that destroyed Alderaan is pretty much the successor of the evil republic in the swtor era.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #609 on: December 13, 2012, 02:49:00 PM

You might want to check out:

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: December 13, 2012, 03:12:37 PM

I'm not clear on which super weapons the Trooper line specifically gets? We disable a bunch of them, sure. Maybe if you are counting 4X?  why so serious?

Trooper Spoilers:

I think that's the lot of it. I could be forgetting something, I haven't leveled a Trooper in like two months now!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #611 on: December 13, 2012, 03:26:45 PM

I'm not aware (from the storylines I've played) of the empire using superweapons against any peaceloving opposing factions? SI uses a superweapon against reactionary forces within the empire but that is clearly a carefully considered surgical strike, in aid of the greater good.

Furthermore the movie empire that destroyed Alderaan is pretty much the successor of the evil republic in the swtor era.

I was basically using "superweapons" as shorthand for "anything that may or may not be morally questionable to do or use." And the Empire quests, nine times out of ten, never even give you the option to not do or use those things, they just want to know if you wish to twirl your mustache while doing so. You are talking about an Empire that will merrily execute people at the drop of a hat (like seriously. A person will be given an impossible task, fail because it is impossible, then be executed for 'incompetence.'), is amazingly racist, uses slave labor, and generally goes along thinking "we must BREAK the planets we conquer, the more brutally the better."

God, this is "THE FORSAKEN ARE JUST MISUNDERSTOOD" all over again.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:56:25 PM by Sjofn »

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: December 13, 2012, 03:50:16 PM

That's not even addressing what the ultimate goal of the Emperor is.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #613 on: December 13, 2012, 03:51:03 PM

I don't blame the Empire for that, though, as I get the impression basically no one knows his plan.

Sith Warrior spoilers:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:54:52 PM by Sjofn »

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: December 13, 2012, 03:57:40 PM

I was basically using "superweapons" as shorthand for "anything that may or may not be morally questionable to do or use." And the Empire quests, nine times out of ten, never even give you the option to not do or use those things, they just want to know if you wish to twirl your mustache while doing so. You are talking about an Empire that will merrily execute people at the drop of a hat (like seriously. A person will be given an impossible task, fail because it is impossible, then be executed for 'incompetence.'), is amazingly racist, uses slave labor, and generally goes along thinking "we must BREAK the planets we conquer, the more brutally the better."

The Foresaken? Like, the Wheel of Time Forsaken, or some other Foresaken?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: December 13, 2012, 04:03:00 PM

WoW Forsaken. 8 years of forum slapfights over that one.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: December 13, 2012, 04:06:09 PM

I don't blame the Empire for that, though, as I get the impression basically no one knows his plan.

Sith Warrior spoilers:

I blame the Empire in as much as it was created by the Emperor in what one can only assume to be the best environment for him to achieve his goal.  If his goal was to plant flowers and nurture puppies, I'd imagine the Empire would be a bit different.  why so serious?

Over and out.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #617 on: December 13, 2012, 04:07:46 PM

WoW Forsaken. 8 years of forum slapfights over that one.

Oh right, those Forsaken. Yeah, if you're called/call yourselves the "Forsaken", chances are pretty high you're at least 65% evil.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #618 on: December 13, 2012, 06:24:50 PM

Sith Warrior spoilers:
Also I wanted to punch him from the start.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: December 13, 2012, 09:52:57 PM

Re morally objectionable superweapons stuff: I distinctly remember my IA having to make a moral decision on the first planet (it wasn't even the big end-of-planet moral choice) about whether to use chemical weapons against a bunch of natives or just massacre them the old-fashioned way. That's some Lawful Good stuff, right there.  why so serious?
I'm not clear on which super weapons the Trooper line specifically gets? We disable a bunch of them, sure. Maybe if you are counting 4X?  why so serious?

Trooper Spoilers:
-snip-
Well yeah, it's certainly possible. I levelled my trooper about a year ago, and the only real moral choices I remember are about the superweapons (was choosing to boink jaxo a ls/ds choice? I don't think so...). I guess that also tells you something about the trooper storyline...  awesome, for real

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #620 on: December 14, 2012, 01:11:42 AM

That's not even addressing what the ultimate goal of the Emperor is.

The emperor is just misunderstood.

His plan would usher in galactic peace and make room for a society based on something other than giant douchebags.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #621 on: December 14, 2012, 02:06:27 AM

Also I wanted to punch him from the start.

Man, you are way oversensitive. Darth Baras is a delight. <3 And I love his voice actor. A lot.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: December 14, 2012, 05:37:22 AM

Zash was a delight.  Baras was a jelly doughnut.

I hate jelly doughnuts.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #623 on: December 14, 2012, 10:35:36 AM

I preferred Zash to General Grumpypants, the old lady Trooper boss. She makes me want to defect.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: December 14, 2012, 10:39:30 AM

Zash was a delight.  Baras was a jelly doughnut.

I hate jelly doughnuts.

Baras is indeed pretty awesome, especially his voice actor.  I liked Zash too, right up until she

As for the Emperor, clearly someone has no idea what his plan actually is.

Over and out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: December 14, 2012, 10:52:50 AM

Baras is indeed pretty awesome, especially his voice actor.  I liked Zash too, right up until she

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #626 on: December 14, 2012, 04:13:49 PM

<fistbump> Yes exactly. Exactly. Darth Baras has a Plan, he DOES give credit where it is due (the few times I didn't go HEY I DID THAT to someone he was talking to, Baras himself gave me credit on his own!), he is clearly comfortable with his beefalo self, and his voice actor is great. Zash is fun, but then she does what she does, and I do tend to hold a grudge over shit like that.

Although even after that, I liked her okay. I do like that instead of being a raging psychotic backstabbing bitch like 99% of the sith are, she's a cheerful, pleasant backstabbing bitch instead.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #627 on: December 14, 2012, 04:15:12 PM

No reason to be uncivilized!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #628 on: December 14, 2012, 04:22:43 PM

Exactly. <3

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #629 on: December 19, 2012, 08:31:25 AM

Finished up a human/female/smuggler/gunslinger/darkside run. It was mostly good. Played greedy always asking for credits, picking lie and flirt options whenever possible.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:52:22 AM by PalmTrees »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: