Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204315 times)
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: November 27, 2012, 07:54:14 AM

Empire stories are more interesting if you go light side.  Otherwise it's all puppy kicking from what I saw.

Murder and Mayhem await!  But trolling Baras is also amusing.  why so serious?

I'm tempted to go DS on my baby Jedi but that would make most of my fem chars DS.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #561 on: November 27, 2012, 11:03:38 AM

Man, no way, all the stuff with the  is totally entertaining at a level way beyond puppy kicking if you go DS on a SI.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: November 27, 2012, 01:40:07 PM

My agent is an awesome puppy kicker (though like I said before, even LS choices on the empire side tend to be ... not very high on the morality scale in a lot of cases). I keep telling myself I just kick puppies so Kaliyo doesn't get mad at me... honest!  why so serious?

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: November 27, 2012, 02:10:41 PM

At first I thought it may be a mistake to go IA first (since it's supposed to have the best story, and so far I have to agree) but doing that just informs all my decisions as a Dark Lord of the Sith. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD (AND/) OR DIE! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #564 on: November 27, 2012, 03:08:07 PM

Empire stories are more interesting if you go light side.  Otherwise it's all puppy kicking from what I saw.

Murder and Mayhem await!  But trolling Baras is also amusing.  why so serious?

I'm tempted to go DS on my baby Jedi but that would make most of my fem chars DS.

Trolling Baras on my man warrior after being relatively down with everything Baras says on my woman warrior is fucking great. Although some dark side choices in the SW's storyline are immensely satisfying (I'm looking at you, certain dark side decisions on Voss), being light side is funnier, and therefore more interesting to me.

I do agree with Ingmar, now that I've seen both ways, the stuff in his spoiler is way more amusing if you're dark side. But he missed some awesome stuff (particularly on Alderaan) as a result of his lightning first, everything else later policies too, so ... clearly the SI storyline is just awesome no matter what, provided you are okay with completely ignoring anything going on in the Overall Game Storyline. Which I totally was!

I may eventually wind up doing a dark side consular to see if that makes that story more interesting (it's certainly ... REALLY DARK, just from knowing the choices you can make). The one I'm very slowly leveling with three other people is looking like he's probably going to be mostly light side, because I'm playing him as one of those obnoxious By The Book Jedi (complete with condescending jerkfaceness, which means the voice acting is not 100% blandly zen ... more like 80% blandly zen). We'll see if I actually want to go through the story a third time one day. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: November 28, 2012, 11:41:21 AM

I do agree with Ingmar, now that I've seen both ways, the stuff in his spoiler is way more amusing if you're dark side. But he missed some awesome stuff (particularly on Alderaan) as a result of his lightning first, everything else later policies too, so ... clearly the SI storyline is just awesome no matter what, provided you are okay with completely ignoring anything going on in the Overall Game Storyline. Which I totally was!

Were you LS male or female on your SI? I was DS female so
Also I think I'm coming down with sjofnitis because I really hate Corso, and my character is a guy. There's just something about him that grates me. I guess it's all that time playing DS Sith that blinkered do-gooders just annoy the hell out of me, or that I want my char to be morally ambiguous and I have this tug of war between the RP side of me and the min/max side (in terms of affection).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:49:24 AM by Raguel »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #566 on: November 28, 2012, 11:53:08 AM

My manquisitor was a pink twi'lek dude. Everything is better if you're a pink twi'lek dude, as I am learning with the sith warrior.  why so serious?

More specific about what I meant about Alderaan:

And that something about Corso? It's just Corso. He is a walking irritant. Because even if you put aside the horrible white knight thing, you still have the fact he is trying to be lawful good while hanging out with a FUCKING SMUGGLER, who is by definition not going to be LAWFUL ANYTHING. So he's all "boo hoo stop asking for payment" and "boo hoo, this is shady." No shit, you chucklefuck, you even worked for a fucking gangster, you know how this works.

<froth>

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: November 28, 2012, 12:01:16 PM

Speaking of Manquisitor, I never got the
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #568 on: November 28, 2012, 12:09:22 PM

Jovian the Manquisitor was mostly light side, but ...

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: November 28, 2012, 12:18:09 PM

Huh, yeah, that's kind of obtuse. It's a shame, since my Manquisitor got absolutely none aside from
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #570 on: November 28, 2012, 12:34:38 PM

The only thing I got through all my characters was some dude who dumped me before it started for a hologram.  Of course my options were pretty much non-existent, so that was the best I could do.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: November 28, 2012, 01:04:13 PM

Meh I think I missed out. Hopefully I'll still get some bowing and scraping.  awesome, for real
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #572 on: November 28, 2012, 01:38:42 PM

You really aren't missing much, I don't think you even kiss on-screen or anything.

And Lantyssa, do not get me started on Tharan. I was pissed that the dude my consular DID have some vague chemistry with picked a HOLO over her, and I don't give a shit HOW "sentient" she is, goddammit. That whole thing was so fucking weird, I would really like to ask the person who wrote him, "Seriously, what the fuck?"

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:23 AM

My consular's ship was pretty much a madhouse (except for Lt. Boring, maybe), so Tharan fit right in.   why so serious?

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: November 29, 2012, 08:54:49 AM

Finished Act 2 with my female sorc. KInda lame end IMO. Hopefully Act 3 will redeem it.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: November 29, 2012, 09:34:54 AM

Finished Act 2 with my female sorc. KInda lame end IMO. Hopefully Act 3 will redeem it.

Hmmmm. Tbh I felt everything after act 1 was phoned in.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: November 29, 2012, 02:06:04 PM

Hmmmm. Tbh I felt everything after act 1 was phoned in.

Well that's depressing. I was more or less enjoying Sith politics.

So right now I have a commando and a scoundrel. I was originally going to make both healers but I think I'm going to make one dps and I think commando is the one to go with (I'm assuming scoundrel dps is a lot like sniper, which I came to dislike). At low level (14?) commando seems to be the most fun class I've played so far.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: November 29, 2012, 03:10:34 PM

A Scoundrel is nothing like a Sniper DPS wise. Gunslinger is the Sniper Equivalent.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: November 29, 2012, 03:51:39 PM

A Scoundrel is nothing like a Sniper DPS wise. Gunslinger is the Sniper Equivalent.

ok. I was worried that I'd be tied down to one spot. So that "shoot 'em in the back" ability becomes more useful or something? Which do you think is the most fun class from a dps perspective? I suppose I can try myself since we get free respecs.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #579 on: November 29, 2012, 03:53:56 PM

Scoundrel/Operative is a short range/melee class, you stealth around and do positional stuff a lot. Very, very different from 'park in cover, pew pew' Gunslinger/Snipers.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #580 on: November 29, 2012, 05:52:43 PM

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT STORYLINES

NOT CLASSES

<shakes her fist>

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #581 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:02 AM

Scoundrels WHISPER QUIETLY from close range. Whereas Gunslingers SHOUT ACROSS THE ROOM from cover. This the main difference when HAVING CONVERSATIONS on a smuggler.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:49 AM

But do they shoot first?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #583 on: November 30, 2012, 03:13:27 AM

Depends on your DS score.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:07 PM

Gah. ACK!  Doing the HK-51 quest line only to discover   Worst.  Quest.  Design.  Ever. Mob
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: December 05, 2012, 08:05:15 PM

The sole reason that's there is because Bioware said months and months and months ago that it'd require  before they actually knew how the quest was going to go, so they had to pull something out of their ass for it.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: December 05, 2012, 09:12:42 PM

Do you really not have ONE alt that can walk around Courscant/Drommund Kas?  why so serious?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: December 06, 2012, 01:31:00 AM

Doesn't need level 15 either, I did it with an 11 who happened to be on coruscant. The zone was crawling with HK questers so mobs were not a threat.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: December 09, 2012, 02:41:27 PM

I was able to get HK-51 yesterday.  What a slog, esp.  ACK!  The whole quest line wasn't hard and didn't take very long, it just wasn't fun.  At all.  Now that I have him, I noticed he came equipped with aim gear but theres also a container in my inventory with cunning gear for him.  Is there a difference in what he does depending on the gear he wears?

If anyone is interested in acquiring Hk-51, this is a pretty good guide.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/hk-51/4670/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:48:11 PM by Ginaz »
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: December 09, 2012, 03:08:54 PM

The gear that comes in the mail is for the benefit of people like me who got HK through the questline, but he came with no gear.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: December 09, 2012, 03:19:32 PM

The gear that comes in the mail is for the benefit of people like me who got HK through the questline, but he came with no gear.

When I got him, he came fully equipped with orange and blue level 50 gear, all of it with aim.  There was also a case put into my inventory at the same time that was same lvl 50 gear only with cunning instead of aim as a main stat.  I'm not sure if the aim gear was heavy armor and the cunning gear was med armor (probably).  Nothing came in the mail.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: December 09, 2012, 04:08:23 PM

HK can use either Aim or Cunning, as far as I know.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: December 09, 2012, 04:25:29 PM

Did you get the knife in the mail? I was told by others in the fleet that missing knives are a known issue.

I got everything but the knife.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: December 09, 2012, 05:12:09 PM

Did you get the knife in the mail? I was told by others in the fleet that missing knives are a known issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMSasuTSDfs
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #594 on: December 09, 2012, 06:16:26 PM

I got the knife on mine.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: