Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204322 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #525 on: November 06, 2012, 03:17:28 PM

IIRC There's a conversation on Empire side between npcs that had to do with xenophobia and species-based weapons that just cracks me up for some reason.

Yeah there's an empire scientist who is all "man what the fuck" to his buddy and his buddy is like "man seriously, I had this idea YEARS ago and I could never get the funding  Heartbreak"

I love that exchange.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #526 on: November 06, 2012, 05:40:01 PM

I did a search yesterday about the Sith Emperor's Plan, and found the results very interesting.  Not sure what their sources are, but the retcon is pretty strong, with both Kotor games featured into the plot (the Exile in Kotor 2 finally has a name!! - didn't know that) and the class stories for JK, SW, and IA giving different clues about what's going on.

Baras is not a bad guy, apparently.

I love good one-liners, and it's too bad that I forget them pretty fast.  A recent one is:  "He just said 'You're all going to die buried under rocks' and your first reaction is 'You can't predict that, because only Mystics can make prophecies'?  Really?"  All-time best, of course, are "I don't need to spell my name, all I need to know is how to spell 'kill':  k y y y l" and the "blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient can feel my anger" one.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #527 on: November 06, 2012, 06:41:54 PM

I am interested to see what the SW learns about the Emperor's plan, given what I know about it from the JK one (the IA one is also sort of different, but it doesn't contradict the JK's version imo). Because right now I am thinking "oh ... oh dear."

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #528 on: November 07, 2012, 07:41:08 PM

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:46:46 PM by ajax34i »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #529 on: November 07, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

IA/JK blah blah:

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #530 on: November 11, 2012, 04:04:10 PM

My femssassin finally finished the plot.

Felt the second and third act really needed more connection to the the first. Also rent a crowds in this universe are decidedly sparse.

Bad guy's mob on corellia and my horde on Dromund Kaas both looked like low budget TV shows wanting to avoid paying union rates for more than a dozen dudes.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #531 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:14 AM

For some reason I feel I should finish the 'plots' associated with companions.

Is there any not stupid way to raise affection or do I still have to buy a shit load of gifts?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #532 on: November 14, 2012, 07:39:39 AM

As soon as you get the companion, buy 50? (100? I forget the number) of the cheapest gifts from the starter city vendor, to raise his/her standing to 5000.  It's cheapest if you do this while they have 0 or low affection.

After than, just the on-ship talks should raise to about 7000, and then alternately bring the each companion in for just the talks when you grab or hand in quests.  They don't have to be there for the fighting, but if you have them there for the talking, they'll gain points.  The later you get the companion to join your team, the more points they get per convo option (15, 32, 40, 64, and 108? are the numbers, I think).

I have Kalyio and Temple maxed at 10,000, Vector at 9600, Doc at 8300, and Scorpio at 6500 and I'm 49.

As far as who fights with me, I'm DPS, and Doc is very good against bosses cause he heals me, whereas Temple or Vector are very good against regular and silver NPCs (the additional DPS they do means we kill things fast and it doesn't take ages to progress through the trash).  Kalyio and Scorpio as tanks are good for situations where a boss would keep interrupting me with CC, or if it's glass cannon).
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #533 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:43 AM

That is Lokin, not Doc. Doc is a very specific other dude. I totally would've loved Doc for hanging out with my IA.

Anyway, the rep bonus does increase the later you get a companion, but it varies more than you realize, Ajax. The first one is always 15, because everyone gets that companion at the same time, but after that it can vary pretty aggressively.

I prefer using gifts over gaming my conversations with companions, because I prefer ~roleplaying~ my conversations. I'm always swimming in gifts anyway, that's generally how I raise my treasure hunter/underworld trading/etc skill.

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #534 on: November 15, 2012, 09:00:11 AM

I've been playing my lady smuggler again recently and wtf how can they let a codex unlock spoil the damn story like that?!

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: November 15, 2012, 10:16:58 AM

Bioware's commented a few times on erroneous/spoiler-filled codex entries, mainly to say that they're aware of them and they'll be looked at/fixed... some time. Basically it's so low of a priority (I suspect they have metrics that show that few to no people actually read the things) that I imagine they won't get looked at for another year or more.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #536 on: November 15, 2012, 12:21:15 PM

I'm always swimming in gifts anyway, that's generally how I raise my treasure hunter/underworld trading/etc skill.

Are those skills good money-makers on the AH?  I usually grab 3 gathering skills and sell mats, which is sufficient for levelling purposes (getting gear every 5 levels).
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #537 on: November 15, 2012, 12:27:38 PM

Not sure, you generally want one if you're crafting and all my people craft. The gifts do sell reasonably well last I checked though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: November 15, 2012, 12:42:05 PM

Is there a way to only get the gift types you want? Kinda getting swamped by courting and trophies. Maybe I need more alts.  awesome, for real
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: November 15, 2012, 12:44:59 PM

The mission gifts are totally random, yeah. You could always auction the ones you don't need, they typically sell for more than the mission costs to run last I noticed. Maybe that will go up with F2P and the restricted crew skills.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #540 on: November 15, 2012, 02:32:44 PM

If you take treasure hunting, the gift missions will, most of the time, bring you fragments that you can trade in at the curator (they're standing next to the gift vendor on the fleet) for whatever level 5 you want, in all three rarities (12 green thingies for a green, 8 blue thingies for a blue, and I don't remember, something like 6 purple thingies for the purple ones).

Gifts sell OK but I don't think that's a path to riches or anything. Also depends on the category, some categories are used way more often than others (or it seems like, anyway).

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #541 on: November 17, 2012, 08:04:03 PM

Completed the HK51 stuff tonight. Was fun, a lot of intelligent reuse and some neat new sections, but suspect the treasure hunt will be a lot less fun when you can't easily find a team of half a dozen people to help search for the thingys.

Most of all, I just liked that it encourages people working together at each stage.

Femssassin & HK now look forward to liquidating large numbers of high and low threat undesirables together. Plus as he is ranged DPS, I never have to take Revel or Asoka off the ship ever again.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #542 on: November 17, 2012, 09:08:33 PM

My only problem with the HK questline is the extremely common bug that has him join you with no equipment whatsoever.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #543 on: November 17, 2012, 09:59:29 PM

My only problem with the HK questline is the extremely common bug that has him join you with no equipment whatsoever.

is that at level 50 or on your other chars? Also is that acct wide or just legacy?

My main problem is that the rare times I've actually gotten a FP/Heroic group lately I've run into some serious jerks so I'm really upset that I now have to group with potential a-holes if I want HK.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: November 17, 2012, 10:34:54 PM

I haven't even looked at HK yet.  Is it possible to make him available to low level alts without paying?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #545 on: November 17, 2012, 11:40:11 PM

1 million credit or 350 cartel coins.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: November 18, 2012, 06:02:16 AM

But remember it is per character and his gear is not effective till level 50, also good luck finding ranged DPS droid parts in the 1-49 game.

Might be you can craft gear yourself - not sure.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #547 on: November 18, 2012, 06:35:27 AM

is that at level 50 or on your other chars?

On my level 50, but I've heard of it happening to lower level folks who unlock it with credits or coins.

But remember it is per character and his gear is not effective till level 50, also good luck finding ranged DPS droid parts in the 1-49 game.

His gear is all orange moddable stuff, so you can just rip the mods out of it until 50 and replace it with your own crafted mods. It's a bit of a pain, but any given Cybertech can keep him going quite well; he's a far sight better than any other DPS companion, even in green mods and armorings.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #548 on: November 18, 2012, 10:13:07 AM

I keep forgetting that practically everything is effectively orange now. This plus unify colours makes everything feel a little more polished - not least as it means I can ignore 90% of the horrific equipment art.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #549 on: November 18, 2012, 11:01:56 AM

Can you rip set bonuses out of purple endgame gear yet to make orange sets that look better?  I hated the look of most of the rakata stuff. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: November 18, 2012, 12:15:32 PM

Can you rip set bonuses out of purple endgame gear yet to make orange sets that look better?  I hated the look of most of the rakata stuff. 

Yes. All the endgame stuff I'm aware of still has nothing but vanilla stats and most it seems to be removable now.

The cash store also has a half decent range of outfits with slots to put the mods into.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #551 on: November 18, 2012, 03:03:50 PM

My HK51 ran into HK47 this evening. There is *additional dialog*.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #552 on: November 18, 2012, 04:05:20 PM

It depends on the set.  The original sets still have their set bonus tied to the armor.  Everything past that though you can rip out set bonuses and move them.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #553 on: November 18, 2012, 05:41:53 PM

I can't believe I bothered to install the game again to check out F2P. Like the whole game is behind the paywall. Also, am I supposed to get the supposedly 600 cartel coins I had coming from my previous sub time?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #554 on: November 18, 2012, 05:54:02 PM

I can't believe I bothered to install the game again to check out F2P. Like the whole game is behind the paywall. Also, am I supposed to get the supposedly 600 cartel coins I had coming from my previous sub time?

You only get those coins if you resub before something like December 20th. If you don't resub you can't get them, and if you don't resub by that time, they disappear altogether.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #555 on: November 20, 2012, 12:05:32 PM

is that at level 50 or on your other chars?

On my level 50, but I've heard of it happening to lower level folks who unlock it with credits or coins.

His gear is all orange moddable stuff, so you can just rip the mods out of it until 50 and replace it with your own crafted mods. It's a bit of a pain, but any given Cybertech can keep him going quite well; he's a far sight better than any other DPS companion, even in green mods and armorings.

I finally finished the HK-51 stuff and he didn't have any gear, as opposed to the guy who grouped with me, who got full gear.

I must confess that I empathize with those who spent real money on cartel coins. I wanted that stupid throne but didn't get it, and now I don't have enough cartel coins to get HK-51 on any but one of my alts. Can I make it another 30 days w/o buying coins? I won't admit to it if I can't.  embarassed
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #556 on: November 22, 2012, 01:09:00 AM

Whoopsiedoodle, my dude sith warrior is TOO light side.

Jaesa crap:

EDIT: Also Vette has some adorable chemistry going on with my dude, it is delightful and way better than borin' ol' Quinn. Also also, my dude's voice is delicious. <3
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:28:24 AM by Sjofn »

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #557 on: November 22, 2012, 01:36:10 AM

This is why my male warrior is DS and my female LS  awesome, for real

Awhile back I wondered what would happen if I tried to woo two companions at once:

edit: I'm an idiot sorry  ACK!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:47:36 AM by Raguel »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #558 on: November 27, 2012, 02:54:16 AM

Finished the prologue on my warrior. Hmmm, whereas the other empire stories have enough winks and snarks to ground your character as a sane guy in the nuthouse, this just seems to be playing gratuitous sadism straight. Kinda gets dull.

Hoping act 1 is better.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #559 on: November 27, 2012, 04:07:34 AM

Empire stories are more interesting if you go light side.  Otherwise it's all puppy kicking from what I saw.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: