Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:52:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204305 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #490 on: November 05, 2012, 01:27:11 AM

Rocked Quinn's world tonight, mostly as a reward for getting something at least vaguely resembling a backbone. Still find him incredibly boring, though. But still light years better than fuckin' Corso Riggs. :P

wtb Lt. Pierce romance pst

God Save the Horn Players
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: November 05, 2012, 01:44:57 AM

Isn't Lt. Boring (consular) enough Lt. for you? why so serious?

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: November 05, 2012, 03:59:41 AM

wtb Lt. Pierce romance pst

Well you're in for a treat then.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #493 on: November 05, 2012, 11:59:42 AM

Lt. Boyfriend is a nice enough dude, but he had zero chemistry with my consular. I wanted to airlift him out and put him in some other storyline, the poor dope.

And Lt. Pierce is just a TEASE, the game is going to insist Quinn+Yulla is the One True Pairing. On the upside, it's been a while since I've told someone NO I WILL NOT MARRY YOU ARE YOU FUCKING MAD, so I look forward to that.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: November 05, 2012, 12:24:29 PM

Lt. Boyfriend is a nice enough dude, but he had zero chemistry with my consular. I wanted to airlift him out and put him in some other storyline, the poor dope.

And Lt. Pierce is just a TEASE, the game is going to insist Quinn+Yulla is the One True Pairing. On the upside, it's been a while since I've told someone NO I WILL NOT MARRY YOU ARE YOU FUCKING MAD, so I look forward to that.

I'm glad a hetero female agrees with me re: Quinn, although I must admit I'd rather have  a gay patch asap so I can sex up Vette.

eta: where are you now in the warrior storyline?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:28:27 PM by Raguel »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: November 05, 2012, 12:44:44 PM

A corpse is preferable to Quinn.  Heck, he's preferable as a corpse to himself.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: November 05, 2012, 02:38:37 PM

So anyway I recently finished the warrior storyline (incoming female sith trooper  why so serious?) and I can't say it was all that great. I do enjoy killing both jedi and sith, mainly because they have to know what's coming to them, but they keep talking ish. The ending just felt anti climatic for some reason
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #497 on: November 05, 2012, 05:08:57 PM

I'm about to go to Voss (yay Voss, it's almost always hilariously bizarre class-quest-wise), so technically not TOO far from the end, but given Ingmar and I spent all of yesterday slogging through Belsavis, it's hard to say when he will be emotionally ready to play his manquisitor again.

His manquisitor has the stupidest hat I have ever seen, by the way, and he insists on displaying it.

I WILL say that act 3 for SW is considerably more interesting than the previous two acts, but I don't think it was worth the wait. :P

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #498 on: November 05, 2012, 05:09:30 PM

Empire Belsavis didn't feel like a slog at all to me for whatever reason.

And my hat is awesome.

Not me, but the right hat:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:11:23 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #499 on: November 05, 2012, 05:10:47 PM

I think it's because we only killed 5,000 Eshka instead of 100,000.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: November 05, 2012, 05:32:43 PM

I'm about to go to Voss (yay Voss, it's almost always hilariously bizarre class-quest-wise), so technically not TOO far from the end, but given Ingmar and I spent all of yesterday slogging through Belsavis, it's hard to say when he will be emotionally ready to play his manquisitor again.

His manquisitor has the stupidest hat I have ever seen, by the way, and he insists on displaying it.

I WILL say that act 3 for SW is considerably more interesting than the previous two acts, but I don't think it was worth the wait. :P

Since my experience with other classes has been a bit different than yours on occasion (consular and IA) I'm wondering if you get something different like
Also I may be horribly broken, but I find the prologue to be more interesting part of most of these class storylines (IA being the exception). I could do Korriban all day every day. I do hate Ord Mantrell for some reason though.

And my hat is awesome

Where's Triumph when you need him?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: November 05, 2012, 05:34:31 PM

The only way it could be improved would be if the little electrical posts had moving lights or lightning or something. They already glow pink, so there's that.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: November 05, 2012, 05:42:26 PM

Oh if it had lightning I'd definitely want one.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #503 on: November 05, 2012, 06:50:45 PM

Also I may be horribly broken, but I find the prologue to be more interesting part of most of these class storylines (IA being the exception). I could do Korriban all day every day. I do hate Ord Mantrell for some reason though.

Depends on the class for me. Almost all of them, I prefer the Prologue+Act 1 over whatever their Act 2 is, though. The various Act 3's are pretty uneven. I am enjoying the SW act 3, the consular act 3 was pretty okay, but the trooper act 3 put me to sleep, for some examples. JK has the best End Boss, but I think I secretly got the most satisfaction from the boss of the end of the smuggler's Act 1.  why so serious?

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: November 05, 2012, 06:52:22 PM

Not a slog at all, it's just that Rep-side felt like it was on rails by comparison.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: November 05, 2012, 09:28:52 PM

Not a slog at all, it's just that Rep-side felt like it was on rails by comparison.

Which reminds me: does anyone have a handle on the chronological order of the Planet storylines? For example, I'd say E-Balmorra is earlier than R-Balmorra, and the reverse is true for Taris. R-Belsavis is before E-Belsavis. I have a feeling Voss is supposed to be simultaneous, but alternate paths. I don't have a handle on Correllia. Alderaan almost certainly is simultaneous but alternate, given the climax in each.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #506 on: November 05, 2012, 09:35:10 PM

Empire Corellia is before-but-overlapping-a-little-with Republic Corellia. Empire people leave it as them "winning," but ultimately the Republic wins that planet (which Republic players have a part in).

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: November 05, 2012, 11:23:29 PM

Empire Corellia is before-but-overlapping-a-little-with Republic Corellia. Empire people leave it as them "winning," but ultimately the Republic wins that planet (which Republic players have a part in).

Cool. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever finished Correllia on either side. I pretty much just get to the end of the class storyline and I'm off to the next char.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #508 on: November 06, 2012, 03:22:55 AM

It's worth doing once, I think, but opinions probably vary. :P

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: November 06, 2012, 04:41:20 AM

Sjofn's correct on Corellia.  The Black Hole (?) lead-in has the PC chewing out the messenger because they are informed the Empire pretty much abandoned it after having a hard-fought victory there, and they weren't happy about this at all.  Something along the lines of "then why did I fucking bother helping you clowns out?"

I really didn't like Belsavis.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe the lack of trees or the flow of the story.

My condolences.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:06 AM

Belsavis would be a fine planet, if it just stayed within the "this is a fucked up republic prison planet and the empire let everyone out!" sphere of story and ended like 15 sub zones earlier.

But no, it keeps on going and you have to kill the same fucking mobs 50,000 times for the same fucking reason over and over and over and I just want off this horrible fucking planet!

It felt particularly dumb on my Trooper, where his class story motivation for going to Belsavis is utterly mundane compared to the weird mysticism the last 2/3rds of the planet revolve around.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:04 AM

Wait, I meant Balmora.  Belsavis would have been fine if the last half of the planet story was cut out.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: November 06, 2012, 11:48:53 AM

Belsavis (Republic side) is about 30% too big, that's really the only issue IMO. Most planets go through 4 'sections' but for whatever reason the last section on Belsavis is basically 2-3 sections. Messes with the pacing and there's more travel because of it.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: November 06, 2012, 11:56:59 AM

Wait, I meant Balmora.  Belsavis would have been fine if the last half of the planet story was cut out.

Balmora can be pretty shitty too. But Belsavis takes the cake for me.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: November 06, 2012, 12:04:58 PM

IMO E-Bal was pretty epic (once I got over the whole armpit-of-the-galaxy bit). I don't remember finishing on Republic side but I doubt it could be a more fitting end than the consular bits.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: November 06, 2012, 12:10:33 PM

Yea, I did Belsavis as a trooper, and it was a neverending chain of "that just happened". In a way it's ok, since it underlined the Republic's inherent incompetence  awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #516 on: November 06, 2012, 01:33:55 PM

Belsavis as a trooper is the worst, it is the most fillery chunk of class quest ever.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: November 06, 2012, 01:59:55 PM

Yeah, I was duoing my Vanguard with the lady's Sage and Belsavis was one of the only planets where we went "Well, the Consular bit sure was better than the Trooper's."

I don't even remember what the Trooper does on the planet. Some kind of  or something wasn't it?

At least it was a good place for my light side Vanguard to be all "What the fuck is wrong with you people?!" all the time.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: November 06, 2012, 02:02:22 PM

Trooper Belsavis was, as I recall,

or something along those lines.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #519 on: November 06, 2012, 02:20:03 PM

Close!

INCREDIBLY BORING. Most of trooper act 3 was lame, though, as you're clearly treading water until you can go to Corellia and be awesome again.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: November 06, 2012, 02:33:10 PM

Why were any of them on Belsavis. Why does it even EXIST.  why so serious?

"You were born here and commited no crimes, have fun spending life in prison!" You have a Entire fucking PLANET! Even, EVEN IF you MUST KEEP TOTAL SECRECY, YOU CAN MOVE THEM TO A PROPER TOWN SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE FUCKING PLANET ARRRRGH!!!

Tantrum

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: November 06, 2012, 02:33:55 PM

That was only the one group, the rest of the criminals are obviously there for good reason.  awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #522 on: November 06, 2012, 03:02:15 PM

I do love that air of "haha, what is this shit the Republic's done, this is HILARIOUS" on the Empire side of Belsavis.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: November 06, 2012, 03:13:47 PM

I do love that air of "haha, what is this shit the Republic's done, this is HILARIOUS" on the Empire side of Belsavis.

IIRC There's a conversation on Empire side between npcs that had to do with xenophobia and species-based weapons that just cracks me up for some reason.

I love how I personally react differently to these things depending on my character. With my jedi I'm all Facepalm ACK!  Heartbreak but with my sith   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious? Love Letters
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: November 06, 2012, 03:15:19 PM

Seriously. It's so nice to be back in a story environment that actually makes me give a shit about it after GW2.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: