Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204344 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: June 20, 2012, 03:35:05 PM

On the Agent:

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: June 21, 2012, 08:41:45 AM

One thing I forgot to mention about the agent story that I didn't like. Everyone comes up with plans but you. For someone chosen for their independence and quick thinking, you're kinda dull. Instead of Keeper saying "here's the plan" and you getting the lame "but that's crazy" line before you go off they should've switched that around. You come up with the plan, then the keeper raises the objections which you wave away. Would've made the agent so much more forceful and heroic.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: June 21, 2012, 11:18:07 AM

Didn't you listen to keeper, your not a hero, your sanitation worker.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #458 on: June 24, 2012, 09:19:49 AM

Agent stuffs:

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: June 25, 2012, 10:26:49 PM

Finally finished the agent story. If you haven't actually made your Agent yet, I really suggest making him a dude instead of a lady.

The Lady version of the story is by no means bad (and her voice is delicious) , but there are just so many parts where you can just SEE that they clearly wrote this with a male lead in mind and your missing out as a lady.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #460 on: July 06, 2012, 02:23:12 PM

Sjofn hit 50 on her MAN SMUGGLER, time for her to vomit forth pointless thoughts on the subject. I have to go pick up a friend soon, though, so you only get the traditional companion run down for now:

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: July 13, 2012, 05:03:41 PM

Holy crap, Doc storyline.   awesome, for real

(farms gifts on his 50s to see what's up with Rusk and Scourge)

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #462 on: July 20, 2012, 03:42:47 PM

Right, so. Smugglers. I'm mostly going to report on Captain Dorvin the Dude Smuggler, because most of the stuff that was different for Captain Kalah has already mostly been written about! As a result, there's not going to be as much Corso hate as he deserves. I basically played Dorvin as God intended: Greedy manwhore with a heart of gold. The main difference between him and Kalah (who also had a heart of gold, was greedy, and slept with many, many people) is Kalah will sometimes forgive people for stabbing her in the back. Dorvin shoots them, if he's allowed.

Prologue/Act 1:

Chapter Two:

EVENTUALLY I will do Chapter Three, but not tonight.  Heart
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:25:00 PM by Sjofn »

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: July 26, 2012, 10:03:18 AM

Finished the trooper story last night. I went female miralian (the green ones) vanguard tank and was all light side and proper military, i.e. paragon femshep. Overall it was ok. Not great but not bad either. I took armormech. Worked out well as the whole squad is heavy armor, main stat aim. Never had to buy gear and they all matched.

Here's some rambling thoughts:

Since my last two guys were light, next up is darkside smuggler. I will not only smuggle spice to children, I will smuggle it inside children, and the spice will be made of children.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #464 on: July 26, 2012, 11:03:05 AM

My feeling is the trooper is the weakest of the stories. I suspect you'll like the smuggler a lot more.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: July 26, 2012, 03:28:55 PM

Not really relevant, but Jaxo isn't SIS, she's military like you, works for Garza.

There aren't many Jedi because the Jedi fucked off to their old forgotten planet once the temple got sacked 50 years ago or whatever. It's why you even exist, the Republic decided it couldn't rely on the Jedi anymore. It's also why whenever you play a Jedi and go do a quest, everyone on Courscant is like "Haven't seen one of you guys in years!"

The Murder Pistol is because of Commandos and their Assault Canons.

Interrupt, AE stun, Interrupt, Storm, Interrupt, Cryo, Interrupt, Heroic Moment Cryo, Interrupt, Storm and one healer will be dead.

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: July 26, 2012, 06:19:35 PM

Not really relevant, but Jaxo isn't SIS, she's military like you, works for Garza.

There aren't many Jedi because the Jedi fucked off to their old forgotten planet once the temple got sacked 50 years ago or whatever. It's why you even exist, the Republic decided it couldn't rely on the Jedi anymore. It's also why whenever you play a Jedi and go do a quest, everyone on Courscant is like "Haven't seen one of you guys in years!"

Interrupt, AE stun, Interrupt, Storm, Interrupt, Cryo, Interrupt, Heroic Moment Cryo, Interrupt, Storm and one healer will be dead.

Haven't done any jedi yet, so was not aware. Never any shortage of jedi when you play Imperial though.

AE stun took a second for me to remember. One of those abilities you get late and I forget I have because it's relegated to the side hotbar. Totally never realized heroic moment refreshed cryo. Makes sense since it refreshes the sorc stun. Never bothered reading the description and used heroic maybe once my entire time leveling. Backing up from interrupt to storm range, just another thing I never bothered with as all my best stuff is short range. (Just making excuses for being bad at this.)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #467 on: July 26, 2012, 06:27:06 PM

I didn't actually notice much in the way of Jedi as my IA. It was all Sith being a pain in the ass and normal Republic people, very few Jedi. And I think they were all planet-quest Jedi, not personal-story-quest.

Smuggler has a low Jedi count as well, although I think s/he runs into more than the trooper does.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: July 26, 2012, 06:49:03 PM

Where the double healer sucks, is when you're a commando. I eventually wore them down but it takes forever.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: July 26, 2012, 06:55:16 PM

Smuggler has a low Jedi count as well, although I think s/he runs into more than the trooper does.

Smuggler has the most awesomest Jedi, though!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: July 26, 2012, 08:27:16 PM

Haven't done any jedi yet, so was not aware. Never any shortage of jedi when you play Imperial though.

AE stun took a second for me to remember. One of those abilities you get late and I forget I have because it's relegated to the side hotbar. Totally never realized heroic moment refreshed cryo. Makes sense since it refreshes the sorc stun. Never bothered reading the description and used heroic maybe once my entire time leveling. Backing up from interrupt to storm range, just another thing I never bothered with as all my best stuff is short range. (Just making excuses for being bad at this.)

I want to say they knock you back quite a bit too, but I haven't done that fight in months now so maybe they changed that. If you took Elara with you, you have her CC thing too to use. It's roughly the only time that's actually useful  why so serious?

In General, the Trooper storyline suffered the most from only having 1 companion with you at a time. The times when it worked, are those set pieces where you have your whole squad with you, giving their feedback and whatnot.

Other wise there are too many times when the Player is like "FORM UP HAVOC SQUAD!" and it's just Jorgan beside you going 'err... yes sir!'

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #471 on: July 26, 2012, 08:42:03 PM

Smuggler has the most awesomest Jedi, though!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

This is true! Although I have a fondness for the JK's master dude too, he actually does stuff once in a while. Unlike some other masters I could name, Syo.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #472 on: July 26, 2012, 09:25:31 PM

I added chapter two of the smuggler to my smuggler post. Eventually I'll add chapter three as well. I want them all in that one post BECAUSE I WANT THEM ALL IN THAT ONE POST OKAY.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: July 27, 2012, 06:22:33 AM

Then at least link to it! tongue

Both Sith classes have Jedi in their stories, but mostly they're bumbling, dogmatic, idiots.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lucida
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: July 27, 2012, 08:11:56 AM

Not Master Jedi Timmns... he was always a step or two ahead of my SW.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: July 27, 2012, 09:53:34 AM

I want to say they knock you back quite a bit too, but I haven't done that fight in months now so maybe they changed that. If you took Elara with you, you have her CC thing too to use. It's roughly the only time that's actually useful  why so serious?

Oh, they still do. Very much so in fact. They knocked me high enough (like 3 or 4 body lengths in the air) I landed on top of one of the really tall machines.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #476 on: July 27, 2012, 11:03:14 AM

Then at least link to it! tongue

Both Sith classes have Jedi in their stories, but mostly they're bumbling, dogmatic, idiots.

It's right up the page! But here: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=21576.msg1090810#msg1090810

And yeah, I've run into Jedi on both my Sith already. The one for the SI quest on Alderaan was the biggest cockbag ever (although you don't see just how big an asshole he is unless you do that quest the LS way).

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: August 28, 2012, 07:52:29 PM

So, approximately 6 months after everyone else did it or stopped playing, my JK Sentinel finally achieved the title of Master.

Do we still need spoilers? Just in case...

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: August 28, 2012, 10:09:11 PM

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: August 29, 2012, 02:00:37 AM

I would never have been able to tell. I'm guessing it's either horribly broken or I'm being punished for going with an ATI card...

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: August 29, 2012, 02:51:49 PM

There was one ATI driver update (12.6 beta?) which horribly broke a chunk of the graphics in TOR, especially the holos.

Rolling one back or to the newest should take care of that.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: August 29, 2012, 08:57:29 PM

So if I had to choose between trooper or smuggler, I should go smuggler? Although I hate to waste a slot on repub side  tongue
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: August 29, 2012, 11:36:35 PM

I like the smuggler story much better than the trooper one; trooper is probably the most predictable/straightforward one in the game.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #483 on: August 30, 2012, 12:06:29 AM

MAN SMUGGLER

If you play a smuggler, BE A MAN.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: August 30, 2012, 07:52:23 AM

Trooper story is pretty cathartic in that you really aren't ever required to do more than 'go here, shoot those guys, rescue those guys, receive medal'. It's not particularly political, it requires absolutely no thought and the only thing it asks of you is to provide the appropriate ammount of ordnance to the appropriate faces. I think the only taxing part is deciding to light side or dark side at any given moment because it's usually a case of 'my personal moral judgement' or 'I do what the fuck I'm told FOR TEH REPUBLAAAHK'. You will find yourself Ooh-rahing. A lot. Also I'm told 4X is an awesome companion, but I played Vanguard so never used him to date. Yuun, on the other hand, is a zen ninja and is very cool. Your romance choices are CATMAN for girl chars and RULESNAZI for boy chars, but there's a few fuckbuddies thrown in during the storyline.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: August 30, 2012, 09:48:12 AM

MAN SMUGGLER

If you play a smuggler, BE A MAN.

well that much is obvious  why so serious?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #486 on: August 30, 2012, 10:28:32 AM

To be fair, lady smuggler is really fun too, except for the Corso Issue.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:06 PM

Isn't that like saying 'that Burger King meal was really good, except for the rat in my milkshake'?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #488 on: August 30, 2012, 02:20:04 PM

I've heard worse analogies.  why so serious?

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: September 27, 2012, 11:37:05 AM

Sjofn just hit level 50 on a new class, time for some SPOILERS!

I'd go into more detail about the Imperial Agent class storyline, but frankly this trip through had long gaps between me playing it, so I don't quite remember everything with the clarity I would like. I will, however, say that this was probably my favorite storyline so far, and that I am glad I did the bulk of it after doing most of the Republic side stories, because there are about a gazillion throwaway references to them that I would have missed otherwise.

Even though I am of the opinion the Empire is stupid, I went into this planning on playing Joshua the Imperial Agent as a patriot, who would do whatever was best for the Empire, dark side or light side be damned. However, for my own sanity, he would not be ruthless in his dedication. If there was a kinder, gentler way to protect the Empire's interests, he would take that way, even if it was a gigantic pain in the ass. He was harder for me to roleplay than I expected!

PROLOGUE/ACT ONE NATTERING:

ACT TWO NATTERING:

ACT THREE NATTERING:

IMPERIAL AGENT COMPANIONS:

Christ, that was a lot longer than I intended. <cough>

Next up: Almost certainly my manquisitor, although I am finally on the Kalah train again as well.

Ok I finished this awhile ago but didn't read the thread. My Act 3 was a bit different, I assume because I was mostly dark side until Act 2
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: