Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Pre-release thread discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-release thread discussion  (Read 200965 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #840 on: December 08, 2011, 06:23:01 PM

Remember your failure at the cave?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: December 08, 2011, 07:30:46 PM

Remember your failure at the cave?

It was dark!  I was 14!  It was my first time!  Get off my back about it!   why so serious?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: December 08, 2011, 09:40:04 PM

Also you think the chicks would love a guy with tentacles under his chin.   awesome, for real
ACK!

D'hargo's woman trouble never made any sense.  Tentacle chin, 3-5' prehensile tongue, able to hold his breath for 30-45 minutes.  C'mon!

ACK! ACK! ACK!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #843 on: December 08, 2011, 11:50:06 PM

Those faces lack tentacle chins.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: December 09, 2011, 02:05:58 AM

can anyone explain what the fuck is going on with this game?

We're going to release ON THE 22ND OF DECEMBER BECAUSE WHAT COULD GO WRONG, RIGHT?

Oh, that's not so smart, we're going to release on the 20th of December.

No wait, we're going to do it on the 15th now. But we'll give you like exactly 3 days heads up, so you better be ready!

I got to quote darth vader in a work related email, so that should count for something  swamp poop

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #845 on: December 09, 2011, 02:41:43 AM

We're going to release ON THE 22ND OF DECEMBER BECAUSE WHAT COULD GO WRONG, RIGHT?

No wait, we're going to do it on the 15th now. But we'll give you like exactly 3 days heads up, so you better be ready!

I got to quote darth vader in a work related email, so that should count for something  swamp poop

The 22nd was only ever going to be the EU release.  They moved it up to release at the same time as the U.S. launch, which seems to me like a good thing.  The 15th was the first day of the pre-order head start.  That got moved ahead to the 13th (depending of course on when you entered your pre-order code).  Again, can't really complain about potentially two extra free days of play.  Shit's not really that complicated, and I'm not sure how these changes could be viewed as anything other the beneficial to the customers.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that someone is finding a way to be upset about it though.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: December 09, 2011, 02:53:58 AM

I'm upset as the guy that has to move boxes to the customers, not upset as a customer. Also as the guy said customers will be yelling at in a couple of days. This shit is retarded on a level I've not seen, ever. And publishers can be plenty retarded.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #847 on: December 09, 2011, 03:01:45 AM

There's something about the holiday season that always makes me grateful that I don't work in retail anymore.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: December 09, 2011, 03:31:16 AM

There's something about the holiday season that always makes me grateful that I don't work in retail anymore.

Me and u both lol
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #849 on: December 09, 2011, 04:47:16 AM

wtf is going on here, is the release date now something other than 20th December? (I mean for normal people who buy normal shit in normal shops through the normal process of paying cash money in exchange for something you want and doing so at time of exchange)

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #850 on: December 09, 2011, 04:52:28 AM

EA has altered the deal. Pray they don't alter it further.

(yes it's 15th, officially offical now)

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: December 09, 2011, 05:05:43 AM

Servers don't open for non pre-order people until the 20th though. That's the important bit. Even if you buy the box on the 15th, you won't get access before the 20th unless you redeemed your pre-order code.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: December 09, 2011, 05:08:57 AM

Where are you getting this from? My logs show nothing.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #853 on: December 09, 2011, 05:26:35 AM

Servers don't open for non pre-order people until the 20th though. That's the important bit. Even if you buy the box on the 15th, you won't get access before the 20th unless you redeemed your pre-order code.

If you have the box you have a real code, why would it matter if you have the pre-order code? If that's correct, congrats to EA, I thought this couldn't possibly get any more confusing.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #854 on: December 09, 2011, 05:31:16 AM

BW's is trying to do the boxed people a solid by encouraging retailers to send out their copies early for those that ordered their shit to be home delivered.  This is in part to the whole "no grace period" thing.  You fuckers could be a little less bitchy and little more grateful...I'm not seeing the cynical here at all  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #855 on: December 09, 2011, 05:33:16 AM

If you have the box you have a real code, why would it matter if you have the pre-order code? If that's correct, congrats to EA, I thought this couldn't possibly get any more confusing.
The game releases on 20th. If you have pre-orderd they you *might* be able to start playing on 13th but EA is promising nothing. Even a wookie could understand that!

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: December 09, 2011, 05:41:36 AM

My plan is to buy this game or around the 20th, then install it on my personal computer, and then shoot stormtroopers.

As far as I can tell this is still allowed though lots of making fuss over nothing seems to be gong on.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #857 on: December 09, 2011, 05:52:25 AM

Yes this game managed to get everyone here to drop their 'cynic seen-it-all-diku-sucks mmo vet' masquerade and act like 13 year old justin bieber fangirls they are. Now we know what F13 really stands for.

It's delicious.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: December 09, 2011, 06:02:24 AM

Yes this game managed to get everyone here to drop their 'cynic seen-it-all-diku-sucks mmo vet' masquerade and act like 13 year old justin bieber fangirls they are. Now we know what F13 really stands for.

It's delicious.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

They act like this before every MMO then after a couple months it's torn to shreds, it's a vicious cycle really.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #859 on: December 09, 2011, 06:09:09 AM

I fully expect it to fall apart at endgame like most do, but the story presentation is pretty good for an MMO so it'll do its job and hold my interest for a few months likely.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #860 on: December 09, 2011, 06:14:37 AM

The game releases on 20th. If you have pre-orderd they you *might* be able to start playing on 13th but EA is promising nothing. Even a wookie could understand that!

That implies wookiees aren't clever. They play FutureChess, fly through hyperspace and repair spaceships. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a problem understanding the difference between a pre-order code and a game-registration code.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: December 09, 2011, 06:16:31 AM

Wookiee.  TWO Eees, damnit!

But if he doesn't like it, he'll rip your arms off.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: December 09, 2011, 06:22:39 AM

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: December 09, 2011, 06:28:17 AM

Yes, it'll be amazing for everyone involved on the distribution/retail side trust me. We'll have moms walking in and calling in demanding to know why the game they bought for timmy doesn't work. It'll be even better with the 20something Timmy's, that don't speak a word of english and demand to know why we sold them a "fake" game. Yes. Amazing.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #864 on: December 09, 2011, 06:42:25 AM

Facepalm

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: December 09, 2011, 07:01:19 AM

It's MMO. You sold them a fake game regardless.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #866 on: December 09, 2011, 07:08:38 AM

Yes, it'll be amazing for everyone involved on the distribution/retail side trust me. We'll have moms walking in and calling in demanding to know why the game they bought for timmy doesn't work.
Won't Timmy be getting his game on the 25th anyway?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #867 on: December 09, 2011, 08:26:34 AM

Yes, it'll be amazing for everyone involved on the distribution/retail side trust me.
If this is all it takes to get you worked up, it's time for a new job.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #868 on: December 09, 2011, 08:38:15 AM

BW's is trying to do the boxed people a solid by encouraging retailers to send out their copies early for those that ordered their shit to be home delivered.  This is in part to the whole "no grace period" thing.  You fuckers could be a little less bitchy and little more grateful...I'm not seeing the cynical here at all  Ohhhhh, I see.
Grateful?  That they are fucking everything up by not having a grace period and springing this on the retailers to make it their and their customer's problem?

Can someone please give luckton a title along the lines of "Cockgobbling EA Apologist"?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:05:45 AM by Miasma »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #869 on: December 09, 2011, 08:43:04 AM

BW's is trying to do the boxed people a solid by encouraging retailers to send out their copies early for those that ordered their shit to be home delivered.  This is in part to the whole "no grace period" thing.  You fuckers could be a little less bitchy and little more grateful...I'm not seeing the cynical here at all  Ohhhhh, I see.
Grateful?  That they fucking everything up by not having a grace period and springing this on the retailers to make it their and their customer's problem?

Can someone please give luckton a title along the lines of "Cockgobbling EA Apologist"?

Heartbreak

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #870 on: December 09, 2011, 08:47:29 AM

Grateful?  That they fucking everything up by not having a grace period and springing this on the retailers to make it their and their customer's problem?
Could be easily solved by not having any "early access" at all. Ohhhhh, I see.

incidentally, i'm of firm belief people waste more time bitching on the intrawebs about how there will be a brief period they won't be able to play... than they'd actually spend playing if there actually was any 'grace period'. And a month down the road most will log in once a week on their own accord, if that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:51:04 AM by tmp »
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:45 AM

Jeez you guys get mean right before a release.  Honestly me and 7 friends (well 5, we are looking for 2 more to play so we can experience "raiding") are just looking for a fun game to play together a couple of nights a week, without the punishing unforgiveness of fps's (because we are all old and slow).  This game seems to provide this.  WoW would probably also provide this but we are sick of the world and the 10 person bar is too high for us to reach now.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #872 on: December 09, 2011, 08:53:46 AM

BW's is trying to do the boxed people a solid by encouraging retailers to send out their copies early for those that ordered their shit to be home delivered.  This is in part to the whole "no grace period" thing.  You fuckers could be a little less bitchy and little more grateful...I'm not seeing the cynical here at all  Ohhhhh, I see.
Grateful?  That they fucking everything up by not having a grace period and springing this on the retailers to make it their and their customer's problem?

I'm in the middle on this one. Again, it seems to point to Bioware's MMO newbness, or else some industry vet's idea of how to "make it better". I honestly think if they had a program manager for their release, then that person wasn't able to herd the cats early enough to get a unified story/plan out the door. It almost looks like no one was managing this, or 2-3 people with different ideas were.

Here's my category list of weirdness:

1. "Beta Weekends!" but not every weekend, and we have "regular testers", and we aren't testing our patching system until pretty much release week...

2. You don't need to uninstall your client. We'll send you an email that tells you to uninstall your client. Unless it's Tuesday. And the moon is waxing. But you can download it early. If you uninstall. But you don't need to really uninstall. You can patch at release. After the patcher and launcher update. Again.

3. "Hey thanks for testing!" emails -- sent out to thousands of people who didn't get invited to test in the first place.

4. We're releasing in Europe on Dec 22 -- two days after NA release. No, now we're releasing on the 20th. Well, now we're making EU retailers have boxes on the 15th. But no Oceanic stuff.

5. You can get in early. Yay! Even earlier than we promised. Yay! But there is no grace period. Huh? So if you don't have the box you preordered on the full-launch date, you can't play. WTF?  But we're working to make sure you'll have the box before launch date. Yay!

I honestly don't really care about all the pre-launch days and stuff because come a week after launch, all of this and the beta will be long forgotten except by those who hang on to resentments like Linus does his blanket.

However, the whiplash I'm getting from their schizophrenic pre-release communication and plans makes me want to see a chiropractor.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #873 on: December 09, 2011, 10:28:20 AM

As a heads up the official forums are getting wiped tonight/tomorrow.  If there's anything over there that you want to copy/save you may want to do it soon. 

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #874 on: December 09, 2011, 10:30:05 AM

My guess is that they put on a grace period of a day surrounding release date. They just won't tell you until the 15th.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Pre-release thread discussion  
Jump to: