Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:40:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Pre-release thread discussion 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-release thread discussion  (Read 200020 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #665 on: December 03, 2011, 06:48:31 PM

My wife just gave me a CE for my birthday. Anyone want a mice ass?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #666 on: December 03, 2011, 08:15:12 PM

VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #667 on: December 05, 2011, 02:08:48 AM

I believe someone earlier was complaining about Khem not being customizable.  That was fixed with the recent patch:

Also, on Balmora in the Sobik canitina there is a Companion Customization vendor with several new options for Khem Val (and others).

I went for Khem Val Customization 10 - which puts the big guy in some pretty cool heavy armor so he actually looks like a tank and not some insane native muscle-man (though he still takes a dirt nap every fight  Ohhhhh, I see. ).

Mind you, cost 10,000 credits which blows a pretty big hole in one's "My First Speeder" savings account (unless you have the CE JockSTAP).

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #668 on: December 05, 2011, 03:29:33 AM

After playing the beta, I'm soooo glad I bought the version with the speeder bike.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #669 on: December 05, 2011, 04:12:20 AM

Yeah, I hadn't thought it was going to be that big a deal.  That they'd go the WoW route and make the skill expensive but the vehicle cheap. Surprise!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #670 on: December 05, 2011, 04:48:33 AM

has anyone even whined how ridicolously hard it is to buy that game in "red zoned" countries? You have to buy through proxies, vpns, friends in the white world, etc... 

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: December 05, 2011, 04:57:13 AM

In Soviet Russia, game downloads you!

Someone surely complained about it in the thread already, but what is the deal with the blue/black color crystal?  Surely that cannot be the one we are getting in Live.  I had envisioned something that I could make change into any color in the spectrum, not this horrible thing that makes my lightsaber look exactly the same as the stupid practice saber.  Seriously, that isn't even a real lightsaber color. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #672 on: December 05, 2011, 05:20:49 AM

has anyone even whined how ridicolously hard it is to buy that game in "red zoned" countries? You have to buy through proxies, vpns, friends in the white world, etc...  
As a Hungarian, I'm pretty jaded about the whole thing. Back in 2004 you couldn't buy WOW-US or pay for a sub unless you had a US billing address for your credit card (!), so my guildmaster bought it for me and sent me the serial#; I downloaded the game 'somehow' (maybe I upgraded from the beta, I can't recall) and switched the CC info with mine. Ditto with BC. Thankfully they eased up after BC's release, but yeah. Amazingly enough, SWTOR is available in Hungary, and I was able to buy it through origin (that I won't actually need to touch since I can just upgrade the client from the beta version).

My personal peeve is with bethesda games btw. In Hungary/Poland/Slovakia/Czech Rep Cenega made a monopoly deal with Bethesda, so your options are
- buy a shitty localization through cenega (with a built-in 3+ month delay... I'm not exaggerating btw, the Lonesome Road DLC is still not available here)
- use VPN trickery and buy through steam / greenmangaming / etc
- import a physical copy (lol no)
- don't buy the games at all and torrent them instead or something
Gee, I wonder which of those options the average hungarian gamer will choose.  Ohhhhh, I see.

edit: made the post a bit more palatable
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:24:32 AM by Zetor »

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #673 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:53 AM

In Soviet Russia, game downloads you!

Someone surely complained about it in the thread already, but what is the deal with the blue/black color crystal?  Surely that cannot be the one we are getting in Live.  I had envisioned something that I could make change into any color in the spectrum, not this horrible thing that makes my lightsaber look exactly the same as the stupid practice saber.  Seriously, that isn't even a real lightsaber color. 

Basically, just pretend the crystal doesn't exist. The colour suck and the stat bonus isn't worth using it even as a mad min-maxer - it's only endurance after all which is the least valuable stat. Even for tanks it's not worth it.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #674 on: December 05, 2011, 06:13:06 AM

Blaster beams with that crystal aren't all that bad. But yeah, the saber looks silly.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #675 on: December 05, 2011, 06:14:56 AM

As a Hungarian, I'm pretty jaded about the whole thing. Back in 2004 you couldn't buy WOW-US or pay for a sub unless you had a US billing address for your credit card (!), so my guildmaster bought it for me and sent me the serial#; I downloaded the game 'somehow' (maybe I upgraded from the beta, I can't recall) and switched the CC info with mine. Ditto with BC. Thankfully they eased up after BC's release, but yeah. Amazingly enough, SWTOR is available in Hungary, and I was able to buy it through origin (that I won't actually need to touch since I can just upgrade the client from the beta version).

Well, WoW US is US, it's a different thing. I'm not saying they should forbid you to buy it, but SWTOR is actually launching in Europe. We're even in the fucking european union. Fuck the serbs and turks and whatever, EU reperesent right? Up top Hungary! Guys? Hey?  Cry

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #676 on: December 05, 2011, 06:36:46 AM

So apparently Wal-Mart really did cancel every CE pre-order they had.  Couple questions...

- How is the person that will get fired over this going to get a new job?

- Who the fuck pre-orders shit from Wal-Mart?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #677 on: December 05, 2011, 06:43:12 AM

So apparently Wal-Mart really did cancel every CE pre-order they had.  Couple questions...

- How is the person that will get fired over this going to get a new job?

- Who the fuck pre-orders shit from Wal-Mart?

Wait, what?  I hadn't heard that one.. wow.

As for who pre-orders from Wal-Mart;  Move out of a city sometime, Wal-Mart will be the ONLY big-box store within an hour's drive.   I live within 10 mins of the ONLY Best Buy in Northern Kentucky.   Anyone south of me between Lexington and Cincinnati has to use that store or a Wal-Mart. (Of which there is only one I know of between here and Lexington)   That's a very, very large area and this is hardly the only state like that.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #678 on: December 05, 2011, 06:50:30 AM

I really don't understand the logic of charging credits for companion customisation.

It is an inherently out of character process.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #679 on: December 05, 2011, 06:51:52 AM

You're buying them a make-over. (or a new paint job)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #680 on: December 05, 2011, 06:58:01 AM

Eh, it's a fine moneysink. I'd rather spend credits on that than other shit, really.

God Save the Horn Players
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #681 on: December 05, 2011, 07:38:55 AM

Yay walmart wastelands. Hey, we have a gamestop, too. Both equally useless, steam or amazon are the only way to get games (well, and gog).

New swtor.com error is smirkable:

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #682 on: December 05, 2011, 07:55:23 AM

Yeah, I hadn't thought it was going to be that big a deal.  That they'd go the WoW route and make the skill expensive but the vehicle cheap. Surprise!

I didn't look too much at the skill and speeders, but I thought the skill was 40k and the Bike was 4k...? Did they change that?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #683 on: December 05, 2011, 08:02:12 AM

I think they doubled the cost of the speeder recently. 
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #684 on: December 05, 2011, 08:36:04 AM

Based on 2nd weekend experience I definitively gonna stay away from republic. Those incompetent sugary  morons ! I though some empire dark side options were over the top , but at least they were entertaining. Republic light side is all holier than thou bullshit. And its actually immersion breaking because your avatar of holiness slaughters innocent people by thousands ( like justicars). Empire is consistent and while evil can be caricaturic at times but still  fun. Yeah and Lord Zash >> Shatele
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #685 on: December 05, 2011, 08:38:28 AM

The more you know:  You get 25% of a group mate's xp reward when they turn in a quest.  Supposedly it makes up for the reduced kill xp.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #686 on: December 05, 2011, 08:51:31 AM

The more you know:  You get 25% of a group mate's xp reward when they turn in a quest.  Supposedly it makes up for the reduced kill xp.

And you get 50% of a group mate's xp when they complete an optional objective. For instance, in a heroic 4-man mission, my group could finish a stage of a bonus objective set that gives 2500 xp per person. Each person will get the 2500 from their own, and the 1250 from each party member.

This some times ends up being more XP than the final mission reward.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #687 on: December 05, 2011, 10:18:28 AM

They nerfed that from 50 to 25 I believe.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #688 on: December 05, 2011, 10:26:59 AM

Based on 2nd weekend experience I definitively gonna stay away from republic. Those incompetent sugary  morons ! I though some empire dark side options were over the top , but at least they were entertaining. Republic light side is all holier than thou bullshit. And its actually immersion breaking because your avatar of holiness slaughters innocent people by thousands ( like justicars). Empire is consistent and while evil can be caricaturic at times but still  fun. Yeah and Lord Zash

Yeah SWTOR taught me that it's ok to go out and slaughter primitive peoples and loot their corpses for my own benefit, as long as I do so without any emotion.

The non-jedi options are a little bit better as it does seem more plausible. With jedi but they're lumbered with the Galactic Gasbag's suppression of emotion idiocy that he came up with after dropping peyote with Joe Campbell. Add that to the "kill stuff and loot the bodies" mechanic of a DIKU and it really adds up to  swamp poop

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #689 on: December 05, 2011, 10:36:20 AM

Republic light side is all holier than thou bullshit.
They aren't hollier than thou, they're simply right why so serious?
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #690 on: December 05, 2011, 11:43:32 AM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #691 on: December 05, 2011, 12:16:38 PM

The level 40 speeder skill is 200k.  Speeders at that level cost 25-55k.  Be sure you plan ahead! 
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #692 on: December 05, 2011, 12:20:03 PM

Yeah, I hadn't thought it was going to be that big a deal.  That they'd go the WoW route and make the skill expensive but the vehicle cheap. Surprise!

The level 40 speeder skill is 200k.  Speeders at that level cost 25-55k.  Be sure you plan ahead!  

And unless things have changed dramatically, the speed increase is basically negligible. Last I saw, you only got a 10-20% increase in speed compared to the normal level 25 mount for, what? Five times the cost? You're basically paying an enormous premium to unlock the ability to ride a speeder whose biggest benefit is that it doesn't look like a lawn mower.

Epic riding this ain't.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:23:13 PM by koro »
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #693 on: December 05, 2011, 12:25:39 PM

Correct.  90% for the first speeder set.  100% for the second.  Custom speeders (cybertech) did not give a performance boost either.  I never managed to get mine built so I cannot comment on them being interesting looking.  Perhaps the next tier custom rides are better. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #694 on: December 05, 2011, 12:36:24 PM

Thank you for your participation in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. In preparation for the game's official release, if you are receiving this email, you must uninstall the game-testing client before installing the launch game client.
Ohhhhh, I see.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:57 PM

Thank you for your participation in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. In preparation for the game's official release, if you are receiving this email, you must uninstall the game-testing client before installing the launch game client.
Ohhhhh, I see.

They really need to work on the emails they send out...

We encourage anyone who has taken part in our Game Testing Program prior to the November 25th Beta Weekend to uninstall their previous client before installing the final Game Client

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#uninstall

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #696 on: December 05, 2011, 12:43:20 PM

2 million testers. All need to re-download.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #697 on: December 05, 2011, 01:06:18 PM

2 million testers. All need to re-download.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

It's as if terabytes of data suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #698 on: December 05, 2011, 01:16:44 PM

World PvP on Tatooine (if you can look past lag/framerate issues, that is :P) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZmemH3sVM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #699 on: December 05, 2011, 01:19:22 PM

Eh, it's a fine moneysink. I'd rather spend credits on that than other shit, really.

If it were just gear and hairstyles it would make sense, but if you are changing the colour and features of the person/creature it kind of needs to be available when you first meet them. Going around with Vette as a blue twilek for 10 levels, then paying 10k to dye her yellow and perform facial reconstruction just seems weird.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Pre-release thread discussion  
Jump to: