Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 08:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Pre-release thread discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-release thread discussion  (Read 200995 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #630 on: December 02, 2011, 02:33:47 PM

I'm actually kinda bummed I didn't get in this weekend. Nevermind it'd be a bad idea since they'll likely wipe our characters.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #631 on: December 02, 2011, 03:41:38 PM

One of things I noticed in playing today was that when I alt-tab out and then back in, the game doesn't re-render the entire environment anymore.  That was at least in Full-screen windowed mode.  When I went true full screen and alt-tabbed, I was presented with the standard SWTOR "Loading" logo, and then the game snapped back in.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #632 on: December 02, 2011, 04:13:34 PM

Another thing: if you set the textures to "low" they actually look better than "high". Duh.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #633 on: December 02, 2011, 04:14:53 PM

The official website? A bugged out unfathomable shit-pile.

It's Drupal. That's all you need to know.  Ohhhhh, I see.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #634 on: December 02, 2011, 04:20:09 PM

Dialed back to 6 servers.  Wow, 600+ in queue. 
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #635 on: December 02, 2011, 04:34:41 PM

The official website? A bugged out unfathomable shit-pile.

It's Drupal. That's all you need to know.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Methinks we'll get a new, "live" website before launch, anyway (and hopefully better)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #636 on: December 02, 2011, 05:05:31 PM

"Play" button now available for those who can access the beta :)

Can you look at the PvE vendors on the battle station and confirm that they removed some of the mod slots?
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #637 on: December 02, 2011, 05:20:01 PM

Try using IE to reset your password.  It wouldn't work with Firefox for me for some reason.

Thanks for the tip. Hadn't used IE on this laptop since I got it (and that was to download Firefox). Worked like a charm.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #638 on: December 02, 2011, 05:42:40 PM

Mission prereqs on Datacrons  swamp poop
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #639 on: December 02, 2011, 06:21:00 PM

Mission prereqs on Datacrons  swamp poop

Facepalm

Yes, let's implement immersion breaking limitations when none was needed. These devs are starting to piss me off and the game isn't even released yet.  Shaking fist

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #640 on: December 02, 2011, 06:33:26 PM

I don't know what a datacron is

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #641 on: December 02, 2011, 06:41:28 PM

You spend 3 hours pretending SWTOR is a platformer and click on a shiny box to gain a small permanent buff to your stats.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #642 on: December 02, 2011, 06:51:19 PM

You spend 3 hours pretending SWTOR is a platformer and click on a shiny box to gain a small permanent buff to your stats have it tell you that you need diplomacy to do that.

What the heck is with these dumbass last minute changes? Seriously starting to look like WAR syndrome all over again.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #643 on: December 02, 2011, 07:04:29 PM

Thats not even a valid comparison.  They j just made it easier to level.  Dont be fuck stupid retarded.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #644 on: December 02, 2011, 07:09:59 PM

Sure it's an exaggeration, but I've seen a trickle of annoying decisions which seem to do little but limit choices, customisation options etc without offering anything of value. I just read that you can no longer toggle off darkside corruption effects on your character also (which I've not been able to check for myself, but it will annoy the wife if it is the case).

But hey, easier to level. Ok.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #645 on: December 02, 2011, 07:38:52 PM

I just read that you can no longer toggle off darkside corruption effects on your character also (which I've not been able to check for myself, but it will annoy the wife if it is the case).

Not that I plan to be anything but the lightest of the light, but if that's the case, that is Goddamn Dumb. I mean, I guess if I have to have stupid just-before-release decisions, I prefer the ones that are cosmetic to a huge "suddenly it takes 20% more XP to level, and we didn't test if that sucks or not AT ALL" sort of change, but jeez.

God Save the Horn Players
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #646 on: December 02, 2011, 08:00:14 PM

Yeah - as I said, I haven't been able to confirm for myself.

So far I like this game quite a lot. The pace of the leveling has been good, the content is adequate, the voice acting pretty good, the mechanics are good enough (for me), and I *really* like the look, feel and story-lines (Starwars!).

What is provoking an undeniably visceral reaction in me are the little plinks at some of the stuff on the edges. Character / equipment customisation, rewards for exploration etc. Things that I'd like to see built upon and improved, not whittled away to nothing.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #647 on: December 02, 2011, 09:02:13 PM

Hello testers! This weekend’s test will end on 12/4 at 11:59pm CST (12/5 at 5:59 London, 6:59 Paris/Berlin). This will also mark the end of Game Testing for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #648 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:28 PM

What is provoking an undeniably visceral reaction in me are the little plinks at some of the stuff on the edges. Character / equipment customisation, rewards for exploration etc. Things that I'd like to see built upon and improved, not whittled away to nothing.

I have a feeling that you'll see that feature come back for the low low price of $9.99.   awesome, for real

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #649 on: December 02, 2011, 10:26:47 PM

Probably the worst change in terms of actual gameplay, is when they moved the Auction Houses off every planet but the capitals and the fleet stations. It killed the markets overnight, because no one is going to go through 3+ loading screens to list their shitty green drops while leveling.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #650 on: December 02, 2011, 10:28:46 PM

Yesssssss, getting back to the fleet is goddamn annoying.

IA just-got-their-ship spoiler:

God Save the Horn Players
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #651 on: December 03, 2011, 04:30:02 AM

I believe someone earlier was complaining about Khem not being customizable.  That was fixed with the recent patch:

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #652 on: December 03, 2011, 04:56:25 AM

Yeah, I have the red Khem.  All my companions have gotten cosmetic options around lvl 10.  He's a bit annoying though, always running around me and I click him instead of my target.

Server just went down for maint.  Guess I'll fire up Skyrim!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #653 on: December 03, 2011, 05:07:50 AM

(still experimenting with imgur...Anyways, once you get to the website, click on the pic for the full size)

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #654 on: December 03, 2011, 07:06:25 AM

BWA is releasing mp3 tracks from the soundtrack on the facebook (I got them via a direct link from darth hater). The music is sooo good.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #655 on: December 03, 2011, 08:07:05 AM

BWA is releasing mp3 tracks from the soundtrack on the facebook (I got them via a direct link from darth hater). The music is sooo good.

One of the reasons I wanted the CE :)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #656 on: December 03, 2011, 09:32:24 AM

Apparently these are additional tracks, not in the CE.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #657 on: December 03, 2011, 10:55:25 AM

Yeah none of the tracks from the CE are being given out.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #658 on: December 03, 2011, 11:07:50 AM

awesome, for real   You just keep telling yourself that

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #659 on: December 03, 2011, 12:35:41 PM

DH posted that guilds have been locked and everyone should be receiving final notification of where they've wound up in a few days and how to join your guild there.  Watch your inboxes.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #660 on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:00 PM

awesome, for real   You just keep telling yourself that

I could personally give a rats ass, I didn't order the CE. 
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #661 on: December 03, 2011, 12:51:37 PM

We already discussed potentially improper use of the phase 'I could' in this thread.

Are you telling us that you are in fact in possession of a rat's anus and are willing to pass custody of said organ onto another individual in celebration or commiseration of the observation that the facebook tracks are not being those included with the CE combined with the fact that you didn't order the CE?

Because if you instead meant that this news is not sufficiently interesting to convince you to give up the anus, then the grammar snake probably wants a word.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #662 on: December 03, 2011, 12:53:31 PM

We already discussed potentially improper use of the phase 'I could' in this thread.

Are you telling us that you are in fact in possession of a rat's anus and are willing to pass custody of said organ onto another individual in celebration or commiseration of the observation that the facebook tracks are not being those included with the CE combined with the fact that you didn't order the CE?

Because if you instead meant that this news is not sufficiently interesting to convince you to give up the anus, then the grammar snake probably wants a word.

My dog did actually catch a rat yesterday I'm sure I could dig in the garbage and get it for you if you want.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #663 on: December 03, 2011, 12:56:14 PM

What I want is beside the point, what matters here is your own level of motivation to distribute rat anii, and in particular whether the track listings have affected that motivation to any degree.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #664 on: December 03, 2011, 03:20:12 PM

It's times like these I wish I had a scanner at home.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Pre-release thread discussion  
Jump to: