Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:45:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3  (Read 31456 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:32 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #3
** All games have to be played BEFORE November 6th 2011 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE November 6th 2011 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:12:07 AM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #2

Scores:

Standings (2 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:18:51 AM

MAKE YOUR SLIME FALC
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 09:31:53 AM

I'll be at a Feminist Camp this weekend (true story), so the best time for me would be tuesday-wednesday-thursday next week, any time between 5pm CST/GMT to 11pm CST/GMT should work for me. Do you think it's feasible?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:11:44 AM by Falconeer »

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:56 AM

I'll be at a Feminist Camp this weekend (true story), so the best time for me would be tuesday-wednesday-thursday next week, any time between 5pm CST/GMT to 11pm CST/GMT should work for me. Do you think it's feasible?

I'm a bit confused by "CST/GMT"?  swamp poop

Pick a timezone, any timezone.  As long as we are the last to play, I'll make it.  why so serious?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 10:11:21 AM

Oops I meant UTC!

GMT and UTC are the same thing. CST, not so much :D

I'll edit my previous post. Let's say 5pm to midnight GMT (UTC)  why so serious?

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 10:29:08 AM

I love how one of my two blodge players has nonetheless been knocked down more than anyone else in the league. Seems pretty indicative of my team's luck so far.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 10:52:02 AM

Will keep an eye out for you from my Saturday morning Ginaz should be able to hopefully collar you at some point on Steam over the weekend to get our match played.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 10:55:37 AM

What time's good for you, Ruvaldt? I'm Eastern US. My week is blowing up busy with school, writing deadlines and the wind down of a different league all coinciding but I'm sure we can get something square.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 11:04:46 AM

GMT and UTC are the same thing.

Actually, depending when you measure them, UTC and GMT are up to 0.9 seconds apart.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 12:44:07 PM

What time's good for you, Ruvaldt? I'm Eastern US. My week is blowing up busy with school, writing deadlines and the wind down of a different league all coinciding but I'm sure we can get something square.

I'm CST so only one hour difference.  Evenings and weekends are usually good for me, but this weekend to Wednesday could be a little tricky.  I have plenty of time off over the next few days but it's just unpredictable.  Today I actually have the entire day off.  The only days coming up in which I absolutely know my schedule are next Tuesday - Friday.  Tuesday/Wednesday next week I'm available any time before 3:00pm and next Thursday - Saturday (3rd to the 5th) I'm available at any time.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 01:02:30 PM

You able to go 8:30 Eastern tonight?
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 01:17:41 PM

Megrim, are you free @ 10pm on sunday?. I can also offer you all day, day time on friday. I am at GMT +1.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 01:27:39 PM

You able to go 8:30 Eastern tonight?

Sure can!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 01:42:34 PM

PROUDFT!

If you can play tonight, I am good to go.

Otherwise it will have to be Sunday evening when I get back from Texas.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 01:44:01 PM

Go Khemri!

We high AV teams have to stand together against the lurking claw menace!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 03:49:47 PM

Don't wanna plaaaaay.  Heartbreak

God Save the Horn Players
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 04:18:16 PM

PROUDFT!

If you can play tonight, I am good to go.

Otherwise it will have to be Sunday evening when I get back from Texas.

Tonight it is!

How late are you staying up?   You aren't on the Steam at the moment.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 04:31:45 PM

I had to log onto the f13 Minecraft server to find him. Silly people who don't have Steam auto-login all the time!

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 06:23:06 PM

I'm on Steam now.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 06:33:59 PM

Ex-Presidents 2 - 1 The Goblin Team

This match is an example of why I play Blood Bowl.  Modern Angel played his Goblins as well as anyone I've seen, and right up until the end the game could have been won by either team.  The first half went extraordinarily well for the Goblins as they outmaneuvered me and tossed a ball-carrying goblin down field.  I managed to knock the ball loose from two successive goblins, but even marked, the goblins continued to pick up the ball and make progress.  What's worse, Millard Fillmore, who I counted on to claw up the trolls, was badly injured in the fourth round.  The goblins scored on their fifth turn, the first team to score against me this season.  On the kick-off following the Goblins' score I got a lucky bounce that landed on Abraham Lincoln, a blodging chaos warrior, and after four turns I trundled in for a TD of my own.

We both went into the second half largely unscathed, except for the secret weapons and Millard Fillmore.  I received a kick very close to the line of scrimmage and though I surrounded the ball was unable to pick it up due to my main ball carrier being pelted with rocks from an unruly crowd.  In the turns that followed Andrew Jackson, who has failed to do anything of merit in the entire time he's been a member of the team, picked up the ball and rumbled down field.  I tried to keep the goblins from surrounding him to no avail, and we battled for the ball in a scrum towards The Goblin Team's endzone.  It is at this time that I started to really rack up a lot of casualties against Modern Angel, and that really swung the balance of the game, but in a daring maneuver with the ball that may very well have won him the game, one too many GFIs were taken and the Goblin Team lost the ball midfield.  I mounted a successful effort to shew away the nearby trolls, and Franklin Pierce ran back to reclaim the ball and toss it into the waiting arms of Abraham Lincoln, who was very close to the endzone.  I waited out three turns, injuring two more goblins, and scored the game winning TD.

A really fun match.  I leveled several players, including two chaos warriors, who will likely be getting guard or mighty blow; I haven't decided which.  I hope Modern Angel's goblins weren't too injured.  They really played one hell of a game.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 06:38:55 PM

You should give them tackle.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 06:49:15 PM

I've given that some thought, for sure.  They'd both be really irritating with blodge and tackle, but I'm having a hard time getting 2d blocks against bashy teams without any guard or a minotaur.  Millard Fillmore's next skill is tackle and, frankly, I made a mistake giving him piling on before giving him tackle.  Truman is getting the same MB/Claw treatment but I won't make that same mistake.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 06:51:15 PM

Most of my injuries weren't serious, thankfully.

It was a very fun, very solid match. I had some weird behavior, with my chain guy disappearing after I scored even though I succeeded with the bribe, which was obnoxious in the extreme but it didn't mar an otherwise seesaw match. I really felt like I had it for a second, because I was flinging the goblin with the ball from midfield with a waiting troll but the failed GFI sealed it. Still, awfully close and better than I expected going in.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 07:52:22 PM

Burrowing Beetles over South Park Smackdown 2-0.   His four Chaos Warriors were always going to be at a disadvantage against the four Tomb Guardians, but the wrench in the works was the appearance of the star player GRASHNAKH BLACKHOOF who has a mighty Strength 6, Frenzy, Horns, Mighty Blow - bad news all around for the occasionally-fragile undead.

Beetles won the toss and elected to kick, and put up a strong front line, hoping the initial brunt could be withstood.  This theory worked, as GRASHNAKH BLACKHOOF frenzied his way to an untenable position and was KOed.  Sighs of relief from the khemri sidelines.  The dirty chaos cheaters threw some fouls, knocking out a Tackle skeleton along the way, but were slowly pushed backwards until the ball was finally knocked loose, scooped up by a thro-ra (who did not spontaneously die), and scored on turn 6 or thereabouts.

GRASHNAKH BLACKHOOF was unkind enough to recover from his stupor but did little damage in the remainder of the first half, which was fairly uneventful all around.

Second half, Beetles leading 1-0, and they receive.  The kick goes wild and the ball is placed in the slow but sturdy hands of a tomb guardian, who begins his slow shuffle to the far, far, far end of the field (for him).   GRASHNAKH BLACKHOOF again gets himself surrounded, and this time, the khemri are out for blood and gang-foul him with five or six players.  He somehow is unharmed, and the next turn springs to his feet and KILLS the skeleton who delivered the kick.  One tackle skeleton down the drain!

His revenge is short-lived, though, as GRASHNAKH BLACKHOOF is quickly taken out of the game for good with a knee injury.  More sighs of relief, and the khemri slog their way to the endzone, maiming as many chaos players as they can along the way (which turned out to not be very many, Paelos may have gotten off lucky here - 13 out of 41 Beetles armor rolls succeed, and many of them were Mighty Blow, oh well).  

Final injury tally:

Beetles:
Lvl 2 Tackle Skeleton DEAD BY BLACKHOOF
Lvl 2 Tackle Skeleton: badly hurt

Smackdown:
Lvl 1 Beastman: badly hurt
Lvl 1 Beastman: badly hurt
Lvl 2 Block Chaos Warrior: -1 AV - no, wait, the apothecary saves the day!
GRASHNAKH BLACKHOOF: CAREER RUINED LIKE THEISMANN

Edit: Replay is uploaded omg validate us plz!  Heart

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:07:27 PM by proudft »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 07:57:36 PM

Scadente, what times work for you?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 08:20:39 PM

I PRACTICALLY WIN

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 08:23:52 PM

1-1 tie, due to Norse passing/picking up ball in tackle zone bullshit.  Shaking fist I also didn't help myself with a premature End Turn instead of clicking on a dwarf (it happens to every guy sometimes rite). I had a 2-in-3 chance to dodge into the end zone on the final turn but failed and was out of rerolls.

At least I killed DIRK HARDPEC and knocked a couple people out for the next game, think I leveled a runner as well.

Beardstorm! | 1 - 1 | The Mutiny

Teams
Beardstorm!The Mutiny
Race : DwarfNorse
TV : 17901530
Treasury : 8000010000
Rerolls : 43
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 86
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Beardstorm!The Mutiny
Score : 11
Touchdowns inflicted : 11
Touchdowns sustained : 11
Passes : 11
Catches : 21
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 141
KOs inflicted : 00
Injuries inflicted : 50
Deaths inflicted : 10
Tackles inflicted : 51
Yards gained passing : 422
Yards gained running : 5624
Ball Possession (%) : 4737
Own occupation: 4455
Opponent occupation : 5544
Note of the match: 17/20
Spectators: 30000

We will be at full strength to stomp some girly elves into the pitch on day 4.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:35:15 PM by Ingmar »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 08:25:47 PM

Seriously, it was so bullshit.

EDIT: DIRK HARDPEC, dead level 2 lineman, was the MVP. Of course. I also think superrunner Lump Beefbroth will be missing the next game along with thrower Smoke Manmuscle (who pulled his groin  why so serious?). So Paelos should probably be happy!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:39:49 PM by Sjofn »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 08:33:28 PM

It will be a clash of the Titans!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 08:36:50 PM

People might want to actually watch the replay. My bullshit was that awesome.

(Not really)

(Can you tell I am delirious with joy about this outcome?)

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 08:37:39 PM

And you didn't even want to play!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 08:40:28 PM

I know! And now I'm totally ready to spam this thread with awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real for the next week now.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 08:47:30 PM

About to start watching it now.  After the D&M tournament finale it's a pleasure to watch Ingmar not winning, regardless of the circumstance.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 08:50:42 PM

About to start watching it now.  After the D&M tournament finale it's a pleasure to watch Ingmar not winning, regardless of the circumstance.

Each is enough for me to watch the replay, but combined they make Friday night viewing!  awesome, for real
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3  
Jump to: