Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3  (Read 31955 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #70 on: October 29, 2011, 08:10:44 PM

The dandies had no injuries and leveled 2 blitzers to 4, as well as the ogre to level 5. The undead had no levelups (I believe) and should have everyone but the dead ghoul available for next game. One of the mummies picked up -1 ag as well.

I'm really starting to dread our upcoming match.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 29, 2011, 08:27:04 PM

ICE, think you can avoid the player bug by making sure you never have any of your own players selected before you are to place your players.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:49:57 PM by lamaros »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: October 29, 2011, 10:10:55 PM

Bann was really a few bounces here and there from a good season last season too, I think he had like 5 ties, so it doesn't surprise me to see him doing well.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 29, 2011, 11:11:05 PM

ICE, think you can avoid the player bug by making sure you never have any of your own players selected before you are to place your players.

Yes, I know. The bug affected Kailas, forcing him to keep his Looney on the sidelines for the goblins' first offensive drive. I suspect that since he used his Bribe for the Looney, doing so automatically causes the player to be selected (in the same way an injured player is automatically selected when you have the option of using an apothecary.) So in that case he would actually have to make an effort to deselect the player -- and I have no idea how it would work if he was the first to line his players up, since in theory that would mean there was no opportunity to deselect the player.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 30, 2011, 12:02:14 AM

Eldaec, I'm pretty free this weekend, or can at least re-arrange things to work with you.  Will be free starting in about 2 hours, and then for the rest of the weekend.  I'm on PST, just let me know when your available to play, or message me on steam.

I'm gmt+2, will try to catch you on steam from around your mid morning today.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #75 on: October 30, 2011, 12:08:59 AM

Unfortunately, I actually managed score tickets to a Football game for tomorrow at around that time.  We'll see about later in the day.  Or we could play now!  I'll be staying up late.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:09:33 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 30, 2011, 08:11:01 AM

The dandies had no injuries and leveled 2 blitzers to 4, as well as the ogre to level 5. The undead had no levelups (I believe) and should have everyone but the dead ghoul available for next game. One of the mummies picked up -1 ag as well.

I'm really starting to dread our upcoming match.

You should I think he was an even harder oppenent to get beaten by than you =).  He's a really strong line and the ogre seems to never get a stupid roll and eats people at 6 str, break tackle, guard, and other tom foolery
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 30, 2011, 11:00:34 AM

The Chemical Elvers fought Carnifex's Cripplers to a 1-1 draw, which the elf coach will take as a victory against this skilled team.  In a game filled with elvish (and a small amount of skinkish) BS, the difference maker may have come down to a lone elf with Diving Tackle!

The Elvers received and promptly left themselves 2 seconds short in moving their ball carrier, in what has become a common theme with this particular coach.  This allowed a saurus to instantly get a hand on the elf thrower and put the ball on the ground.  The elves picked it up once and fell over trying to dodge away, and after a couple more bodies fell onto it bounced into a position where it could be recovered by Loops of Fury, the Blodging Diving Tackler, and held for the turn.  In a lucky break, the Krox failed a 2+ Break Tackle dodge trying to blitz, which gave the Loops an opening to launch the ball upfield and score an Elvish TD.  The aggressive elves kicked the ball short and to the sideline, which was just about perfect, but the lizards expertly covered and formed up.  Loops used his Diving Tackle at one point to cause a skink injury, and one saurus went down to a KO, but the elves could not succeed in stopping the skink advance and it went into the half tied 1-1.

The second half was an even sloppier mess than the first one, with elves spread out everywhere.  The lizards were clearly taking their time moving down the pitch, not wanting the ball to touch elven hands at all.  One skink held the ball in a slow-moving cage, while the other skinks defended against a couple of elves on the backside (or were the elves just occupying the other skinks?  even the elf coach wasn't quite sure).  It was another Diving Tackle from Loops that left a small window for the elves, in the form of a Dodge (into 1 TZ) GFI Blitz on a skink, which resulted in a casualty and the ball on the ground.  Then, as the lizards tried to recover, the Krox got a Both Down against an elvish wrestler, who opted to ignore wrestle and cause a quick turnover.  My AG 5 elf then pulled a Dodge/Pick Up/Dodge (all in a TZ, not that he cares) to recover the ball, but had no receivers open to pass to.  He was instantly sacked, but with the ball-carrying skink injured, the rest of the skinks were out of position upfield (as much as a skink can ever be out of position) and the ball remained on the ground (though covered by 2 beefier lizards).  AG 5 elf (surviving a boot to the head) continues to give no fucks about TZs, and pulls a Dodge/Pick Up/Dodge/Dodge (all in TWO TZs) and hands off to the elf thrower.  The thrower's Long Bomb was inaccurate and Loops could not pull off a miracle TD, but it managed to get the ball safely downfield to all but ensure the draw.

Carnifex was clearly the superior coach here, but my Elvers were very well suited to take on the lizards.  With 2 elves having ST 4 and a couple with Guard, they could make successful strikes against Sauruses when needed.  This combined with the usual Elf antics to take advantage of the slightest poorly-timed turnover was enough to keep me in the game.  And for once I actually had my players in positions to use their skills most effectively... AG 5 elf picking up the ball in traffic, DT blitzer keeping skinks in check, etc.  The biggest factor of all may have been my total lack of injuries, as the lizards only managed to break armor 6 times, all for mere stuns.  Hopefully that luck holds against the khemri next week!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #78 on: October 30, 2011, 11:17:55 AM

Still no sign of Scadente, and I was really hoping to get this game in today.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 30, 2011, 11:42:23 AM

On my iPhone.  I started a game against Eld, not realizing we had to leave much earlier than I thought for the game.  Roommate just came in and said we had to go.  We were tied 1 to 1 going into the half, so I just forfeited.  I'll happily take the loss since it was my own stupid fault for thinking I might have enough time for a game.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Strazos

Reply #80 on: October 30, 2011, 01:42:04 PM

Just starting now, but...

Giving up 800k+ inducements is kind of scary...  ACK!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Strazos

Reply #81 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:51 PM

Finshed vs Scadente

Scadente receives to open the game, but the Norse are quick with their formations and able to reform to blunt any push up the middle. A fair amount of skirmishing occurs, especially after one of the elves is able to lull my winger to sleep, giving a hole to put receivers in the back. Taking no chances, the Norse proceed to surround the star player in order to limit his potential to enact elven bullshit in the backfield. Not much is happening when the elves attempt to make their play, but the thrower trips over the midfield line, losing the ball and taking himself out of the game. The Norse seize upon this opportunity and proceed to bash their way up field. The elves are starting to lose numbers to KOs when the Norse finally drag the ball over the line, after a fireball dropped the carrier and almost allowed a long toss up the field. The half ends with the Norse up 1-0.

At the start of the second half, most of the elves are still asleep in the box, and the Norse have no intention of allowing them back into the game. The plan almost went awry when an early block resulted in double skulls, which were promptly fail-pro'ed into...double skulls. Luckily for them, the elves were not able to take advantage as they very quickly turned back over with a failed block. The Norse then proceeded to run roughshod over the remaining elves, eventually hunkering down with the ball on the goal line with only 3 elves left on the pitch. The only player in range to do anything was repeatedly gang-fouled in an attempt to remove him from the field, but stuns worked just as well, as the elves were in no position to prevent the second TD at the end of the game.

Scadente put up a good game, but the dice just were not helpful enough for him to overcome the significant disadvantage he started with. Overall, it felt like a slightly boring game to me - probably due to all the KOs. However, I was able to feed one of my runners the TD he needed to reach level 5, so that could be a fun decision to make soon.

Fear the Backstab!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #82 on: October 30, 2011, 07:02:37 PM

Bit of a late update, had a busy weekend with Halloween and all. Predictably AD went 4-0 against my Vampires. Not too much to comment on, mostly crappy playing from my end. Did learn a few things though.

Apologies to everyone who was hoping I'd get some cheap shots in at his guys. The best I could manage was KO'ing his Runner off the pitch after repeated MB blitzes. Should have thrown a bunch of fouls =p

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Strazos

Reply #83 on: October 30, 2011, 07:59:26 PM

By the way, I really appreciate that Loony being out next game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:59 PM

I hope Falconner's ok, there's only a game or so left to finish?

I hope some of Carnifax's skink's are out for my game.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:18:29 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 30, 2011, 09:52:51 PM

Sorry guys. me and Droog tried to have our game but that fucking ports nonsense popped up again. I payed my money to simple port forwarding and got it to set up my ports AGAIN, and the same thing happened. SO I'm at a total loss of what to do now.

Hic sunt dracones.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 30, 2011, 11:15:28 PM

I hope Falconner's ok, there's only a game or so left to finish?

Remember, he said he'd be off at Feminist Camp for this weekend.  I expect him to be back soon, unless they killed and ate him.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: October 30, 2011, 11:26:55 PM

Sorry guys. me and Droog tried to have our game but that fucking ports nonsense popped up again. I payed my money to simple port forwarding and got it to set up my ports AGAIN, and the same thing happened. SO I'm at a total loss of what to do now.

Have the other player do the invite.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: October 30, 2011, 11:45:21 PM

We did.

Hic sunt dracones.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #89 on: October 31, 2011, 12:16:05 AM

Yeah, I ran into this problem even after I opened up my ports when I wanted a Feeder match.

I suspect from the network topgraphy that I'm on a huge internal ISP switch for my block/apartment...

Not good  ACK!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #90 on: October 31, 2011, 01:38:56 AM

Bann and Cancklebiter's match has ben rerset.

And you couldn't validate some matches while you were in there?  Mob

I really couldn't, I am sorry. I was in a squatted abandoned school stealing internet and power from dubious sources. I shouldn't have reset the match either but I assumed that could have been a real problem later on. Since I couldn't check BBManager, didn't want to eventually validate matches that were mistakes or needed to be reset too. I am back though, and will do it later today.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #91 on: October 31, 2011, 07:36:00 AM

We did.

Then both of you are having the problem.  Only the inviter needs to have their ports open.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: October 31, 2011, 08:54:21 AM

We did.

Then both of you are having the problem.  Only the inviter needs to have their ports open.
yeah, canyouseeme.org confirms i'm having the same issues as sir T, which is strange, since i'm DMZed and i disabled the windows firewall.  haven't had these issues in the league before, which makes me suspect something further downstream.  i'm taking my laptop into the office to see if the same ports are troublesome there today; assuming everything looks clear, we can play from there or i can maybe find a coffee shop somewhere with poorly defined rules  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #93 on: October 31, 2011, 08:57:40 AM

Yeah, I'm playing SirT next and may run into the same problem...  swamp poop
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: October 31, 2011, 09:51:08 AM

Yeah My match with Strazos went as expected.

Things to learn; I really should have taken two babes instead of the bribe. But I hoped that I could knock down at least one norse per round, but that... just didnt happen at all. Bribes would have given me more of a team to stand up to him in the second half; but it just turned into a pure steam-roll.

All in all, a good match, it's just too hard for Unskilled Elves to stand up to the Unwashed Barbarian Mass.

Positive; no dead or seriously injured elves, makes me a happy camper!

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #95 on: October 31, 2011, 10:43:37 AM

All validated, you ferals.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: October 31, 2011, 11:59:17 AM

So, being fed on a steady diet of elf flesh has meant my TV is getting out of control. TV 2020.

But I'm struggling to see anyone I should release....

Caleb the RipperUlfwerener   6 4 2 8Frenzy
Mighty Blow
Block
Dodge

DetritusYhetee5 5 1 8Frenzy
Claw
Disturbing Presence
Wild Animal
Mighty Blow
Guard
Nijel the DestroyerBeserker6 3 2 7Block
Frenzy
Jump Up
Piling On
Dodge
Mighty Blow
Immortal JenkinsThrower6 4 3 7Block
Pass
+1 STR
Tackle
Sure Hands
Bravd the HublanderRunner7 3 3 7Block
Dauntless
Dodge
Side Step
Diving Tackle
Voltan the Indestructible    Runner7 3 3 7    Block
Dauntless
Dodge
Tackle
Mrs CakeUlfwerener6 4 2 8Frenzy
Block
Truckle the UncivilLineman6 3 3 7Block
Fend
Tackle
Dauntless
Bruce the HoonBeserker6 3 3 7Block
Frenzy
Jump Up
Mighty Blow
Boy WillieLineman6 3 3 7Block
Fend
Guard
Mad HamishLineman6 3 3 7Block
Fend
Tackle
Eric StronginthearmLineman6 3 3 7Block
Dirty Player
Old VincentLineman5 3 3 7Block
Kick

I may decide to just leave it be and let the Lizard and Goblin teams I'm playing in matches 5-7 sort it out...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: October 31, 2011, 12:04:48 PM

AV 7 means the problem will eventually solve itself, yeah. Some of the bloat is on your linemen, a level 4 norse lineman with no doubles rolled is probably not worth 110k in reality so I would probably consider downgrading some of those dudes to the regular sort if I was going to actively trim.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #98 on: October 31, 2011, 12:11:20 PM

Truckle the Uncivil is the only one that really stands out as needing to be cut.  How many rerolls do you keep and do you really need all of them?  That's another source of TV that can sneak up on you; I only keep two rerolls right now.

In other news: Abraham Lincoln is now a blodging STR 5 Chaos Warrior after rolling 6/6 on his skill up.  I've found my Claw/MB Chaos Warrior.  Now I just have to get him some TDs...

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: October 31, 2011, 12:14:19 PM

To an extent you're just kind of stuck with it, yeah. You could start throwing games and try to drop some fan factor.  why so serious?

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: October 31, 2011, 12:19:28 PM

But I'm struggling to see anyone I should release....

You're right, it's hopeless. Your only chance is to fire the entire team and hire a brand new, skill-less lineup in advance of your next league game.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: October 31, 2011, 01:59:39 PM

rerolls

You're on to something here, I have 4, which I generally don't use.

I'll probably keep them for now, as my next couple of opponents will almost certainly take a Chef no matter what I do, and 4 rerolls allow me to largely ignore the chef reducing my reroll stock. Of course, if I don't give a fuck about a chef, it is a pretty good sign that I have too many rerolls.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:19:24 PM by eldaec »

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: October 31, 2011, 03:16:27 PM

Haven't actually had a chance to see the results of the match.  What does forfeiting do to things like MVP and gold earnings?

-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: October 31, 2011, 03:17:56 PM

Winning player gets 2 randomly assigned touchdowns, both MVPs, and both players worth of winnings. Loser gets nothing!

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure what it does as far as games that were actually in progress, but I am at least pretty sure that Eldaec gets both MVPs and money. Not sure about the score, injuries that happened, etc.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: October 31, 2011, 03:22:21 PM

Haven't actually had a chance to see the results of the match.  What does forfeiting do to things like MVP and gold earnings?

Winning side side gets +2TDs (differential) as well as points already obtained, plus both MVPs and all the money.

Losing side gets nothing. Yet another failed skillup roll for me.

In all my rolls with this side I have managed two doubles, and one AGI. The AGI player was killed a game or two later.

I JUST WANT BIG HAND DAMNIT!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:25:56 PM by lamaros »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3  
Jump to: