Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:30:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #1  (Read 29777 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: October 05, 2011, 04:05:12 PM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #1
** All games have to be played BEFORE October 15th **

** All games have to be played BEFORE October 15th **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE EVERYONE REMEMBER

For a match to be valid, it has to be uploaded on BB Manager. The winner has the onus of uploading. If it's a draw, players HAVE TO agree on who will do the uploading, or they both upload it (and I'll delete the extra one).
If I don't see a match on BB Manager, I won't validate it. If it stays like that at Game Day expiration, the winner will take a forfeit loss.

The League to use for your uploads is: f13 League  * Season 5 *
Password is: vanguard

I don't know what's that for, but League id is 4905.

Try not to mess up the Game Day when you upload your match.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:40:25 AM by Falconeer »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:08:30 PM

Mother fu....  ACK! 

Let's do this  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:16:40 PM

Who is Ben.Skelly, my lucky opponent?

Hic sunt dracones.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 04:16:56 PM

I'm on California time, Comstar, so let me know when you want your hugs.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 04:21:22 PM

Fuck.  Yes.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 04:29:12 PM

Hmm, Goblin team for my first game.  This will probably end very badly for one of us, and I honestly can't say which.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 04:48:53 PM

CELER

MAKE YOUR TIME

Also we should probably play our D&M game at some point.

God Save the Horn Players
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 05:05:48 PM

There are a lot of replays I'll be watching for Day 1...

I'm up for assassinating some Presidents as my welcome back...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I'm GMT +9 Ruvaldt, How does my Saturday morning, your Friday night sound?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 05:18:29 PM

Forgot a picture, how silly of me!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:52:19 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 06:10:55 PM

I'll be around this weekend if you want to play then Haem.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 06:12:18 PM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 06:43:45 PM

Teleku and I drew 1-1. The Goblin Team nearly won it. They are mighty.

No f13 Season 5 in the League quite yet for some reason. I think it takes a day or so to cycle. Now approve my game so I can level up my dudes.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 06:47:00 PM

The Goblin Team 1 - The Dandies 1

Pouring rain the entire match, but it didnt have as big an effect as I feared it might. As expected, some casualties in this match, I killed his ball and chain guy, but saw a lineman lose 1 str and a catcher lose 1 mobility. Ill probably spend some of that cash I've been banking and bring in some new recruits.

Falc, Neither of us saw a f13 season 5 in BBM, so I went ahead and uploaded our match to season 4 as matchday 10. Ill reupload once season 5 starts showing up on BBM.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

I don't list casualties because we're fucking GOBLINS and we don't care. Corpseflesh is merely a snack before we dine on the children of men. It whets the appetite.

I also had an outside shot at a win but I goofed on turn tracking. It was a bit of a pickle as far as picking up the ball and dodging but it was there. This entire thing is basically the same thing as a win for goblins.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 08:20:54 PM

I'll be around this weekend if you want to play then Haem.

I'll check Steam nightly from now til we play.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 10:55:11 PM

Ulysseeesss,

I am PST and should be available for the remaining weeknights (tomorrow, Friday) and plausibly sometime afternoonish on either weekend day. If you want to set a particular time, just let me know, if not I will keep an eye peeled and try to stay logged in to Steam when I am around.

Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 11:47:57 PM

Who is Ben.Skelly, my lucky opponent?

That be me.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 11:49:41 PM

Elves vs Tomb Guardians? That sounds like a good combination.

I'm ready to flap ineffectually at you Proudft!

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 12:39:01 AM

PLEASE EVERYONE REMEMBER

For a match to be valid, it has to be uploaded on BB Manager. The winner has the onus of uploading. If it's a draw, players HAVE TO agree on who will do the uploading, or they both upload it (and I'll delete the extra one).
If I don't see a match on BB Manager, I won't validate it. If it stays like that at Game Day expiration, the winner will take a forfeit loss.

The League to use for your uploads is: f13 League  * Season 5 *
Password is: vanguard

I don't know what's that for, but League id is 4905.

Try not to mess up the Game Day when you upload your match.

Thanks.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 01:12:47 AM

Ok Ice I am around tonight and tomorrow night but am UK based - will watch out for you on steam and if it is that the time slip is too much will get our game played at the weekend. If we have not spoken on steam before friday will sort out a proper time with you via PM.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 05:08:07 AM

Me and Bann's game is uploaded properly now, Falc.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 05:24:42 AM

Fuck.  Yes.

Speak to me on steam - lets get this rolling!

Thursday isa  great day to pick, i'm GMT +1. otherwise i'm working fri/sat/sun till 8pm my time but could offer you an evening. Oh but not sunday.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 08:42:11 AM

Teleku and I drew 1-1. The Goblin Team nearly won it. They are mighty.

No f13 Season 5 in the League quite yet for some reason. I think it takes a day or so to cycle. Now approve my game so I can level up my dudes.
Man, I must have been really drunk last night to have played a game, against the wrong opponent no less, and not even remember!

awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 08:51:09 AM

Ginaz: Added you on Steam (username: LoveTruncheon). Best times for me are on Sunday or Monday; I live in London, so GMT.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 08:53:54 AM

Falc, not sure if you're getting my PMs here, but I friended you on Steam.  I'm available after 7PM EST every night.  Let's get this Halfling beat-down over with already  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 09:07:51 AM

Man, I must have been really drunk last night to have played a game, against the wrong opponent no less, and not even remember!

awesome, for real

AUGH! I meant Bann
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 11:13:52 AM

Comstar: my regular PC is dying (again) so we might get stuck playing on my laptop which could have some performance issues. I'll see what I can do about fixing the PC tonight.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 11:30:36 AM

Ginaz: Added you on Steam (username: LoveTruncheon). Best times for me are on Sunday or Monday; I live in London, so GMT.

PM sent and I'll add you on Steam when I get home from work today.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 12:13:59 PM

Cancklebiter and I tried to plat tonight but we ran into that "Port forwarding" thing again. I've recently rebuilt my gaming rig so it could easilly be me. I'm going to bed now, but I should be able to fix it tomorrow and we hope to get the game in then.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 12:16:34 PM

Ice and I are scheduled to play 12pm his time 8pm my time on Saturday. Wonder if Lizards have invented fire yet? Need to do something about that tree man, the rest of his team are just SPP waiting to be farmed!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 01:58:28 PM

Burrowing Beetles tie Fnurianah Cianthyralyeh Elven Bullshit 2-2.   An utter Khemri mismanaging of the first half (playing goblins too much lately, ok?) was saved by some desperation thro-ra passes in the last turns of the half to make it 1-2 and set up a low-expectations tie for the second half. 

Fortunately the cowardly elves decided to, once knocked out, stay out, and the wood elf brigade got pretty thin near the end of the game, and the 2-2 tie came to pass.  Nobody died on either side.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 02:26:12 PM

Elven Bullshit was doing well until it started having to make KO rolls.

The Khemrians kicked and I scored a standard 2 turn TD to start things off despite the rain. I kicked back and the ball landed safely in the hands of a Thro-Ra so I Wardancered him and the ball went loose. The Undead try to pick the ball up again but fail thanks to the rain so my catcher dodges in, grabs the ball and gets away. Unfortunately he can't get far enough away and he gets blitzed down in turn. Luckily his armour holds so a Wardancer pushes away one of his markers allowing him to spring to his feet grab the ball from under the noses of the Undead and trot it over the line for a second TD on turn five.

For the third drive of the half however, I have two KOd players and they both fail their rolls so I'm down to 9 Elves on the pitch. Once again the rain thwarts the Undead attempt to collect the ball and I push my team forwards to capitalise on this. The sight of angry fairies bearing down on the ball focuses the Undead and they manage to pick the ball up and throw it but the throw is wide and it lands in the middle of my half. My thrower Caractacus grabs the ball and manages to fumble the throw as well (Agi 5, Pass). The Undead get the ball again and throw it down the pitch, Caractacus is in position to intercept but fails to do so and again it's a bad pass. Caractacus goes to grab the ball but fails a GfI to reach the square that the ball is in, the Agi 2 Blitz-Ra successfully picks the ball up despite the tackle zone on it and then walks it in to make it 2-1 on the whistle.

At the second half I have four KOd Elves and two make their roll so I'm now down to 8 players as I have a Badly Hurt Line-Elf too. After the excitement of the first half, the second half is fairly dull. The Undead cage up and grind very slowly down the pitch while I try a series of increasingly desperate blocks to try and stop them. Eventually it becomes clear that while I can't stop them from scoring I have stopped them from winning as there's no way that the Undead will score early enough to leave time for another TD afterwards. If they did then they'd likely hand me a victory as I'd be much more likely to snap out a fast score than they would. They batter as many Elves as they can reach and finally score their second in their last turn of the match. I have one turn left and, there's a mathematical chance that I can get a 1 turn TD with a Quick Snap or a regular 2 turn TD if there's a riot. Sadly neither of these things happen and the match ends with a pointless pass for SPP farming. For my last turn I have six KO rolls and only one is successful. In  total I made 3 out of 12 KO rolls in the match.

My catcher levelled and a Thro-Ra levelled so ew'll see what they get when the match is validated. I rolled a 1 for my winnings which bodes poorly for my Apothecary and rerolls fund. At least I have no players out of action for the next game.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 03:03:39 PM

Ramas/Ezrast/whatever, let me know when you're available.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 03:21:47 PM

There are a lot of replays I'll be watching for Day 1...

I'm up for assassinating some Presidents as my welcome back...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I'm GMT +9 Ruvaldt, How does my Saturday morning, your Friday night sound?

Sounds good to me as long as the fiancee doesn't object between now and then.  If that happens I'll let you know, or try to.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 03:38:48 PM

The Minizilla's 1 - Cloudpunks 1

Forget Elven bullshit when you get Nuffle bullshit it is 10 times worse. My first 2 blocks hurt Ice's WD and then KO'd his catcher and things were looking quite rosy, after a bit of manouvering i finally trap Ice's thrower deep in my half and he fails a dodge away from my Krox which spills the ball and with a number of elves on the sidelines Ice is badly out of position if only my skink can pick up the ball and then scurry to the safety of the sideline where I can get him covered to run in the score on Ice's offence which I think will put me in good stead to receive in the second half so with a prayer to nuffle and a reroll in hand I move to pick up the ball which fails, as does the re-roll and the ball scatters out of bounds and the resulting toss in couldn't have been kinder because I failed to do the hitting before the picking! the toss in lands on the far side of the pitch next to a group of previously out of position elves who tip their hat to father nuffle and run in the opening touchdown with 3 turns left of the half.

I receive the kick off and prepare a 2 turn score but Ice easily snuffs that out so I advance a standard cage in 2 turns which Ice's WD failed in his leap attempt to crack and with a grin and a wave I prepare my final push of the half. Clear a few elves, make a single GFI and I am all tied going into the second half. First 2 blocks work a charm then the key one that releases the skink comes up with both down and defender down on a non block saurus - no re-rolls means a turnover and the half ends.

Second half I receive and this time advance a standard cage with the aim of just bashing as much as I can to try and get some SPP on the saurus' which works quite well, though I don't score any further injuries I do manage to score a total of 4 KO's, Ice once again managed to break the cage but was unable to recover the ball and a bad bounce put it in a nice tight group of my big hitters who once again pummeled some elven faces and this time I manage to pick up the ball succusfully and scurry into a corner with a couple of guards to make it tough for Ice to get the ball off me and run the clock down to score on my last turn of the match to secure the draw.

A hard earned draw but I think it was a fair result. I had the luck with my opening blocks taking his key players out for the first drive and but for that failed pick up and very kind toss in would have gone into the half either 1 up or at least still 0-0 but even with only 1 wardancer and 1 re-roll ice made me work hard for the draw and I can see Ice having a lot of joy with this team if he manages to keep his rosta together after he has faced the other lizard team and the murder squads that are Strazos and Eldaecs Norse.

Match is uploaded to BBmanager.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:09:32 PM by Ulysees »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #1  
Jump to: