Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356831 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #280 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:01 PM

I've seen so many people get away with a sliver of life, I just want the target dead.  Still, if I've got someone dead to rights on my carry and someone else jumps in for the kill?  Yah, I'll be a little annoyed.  On Cho/Singed? Not at all.  Although with Cho, I will not pass up the nom nom nom kill.

I've had issues with Irelia where I'm completely owning but just getting assists because someone ganks the last hit.  Prevents me a little from getting over my gear hurdle.  Of course, that's mostly a first world problem and those games I'm usually going to win anyways.

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #281 on: October 21, 2011, 12:46:44 PM

Kill > no kill

optimally you let your carry get the killing blow on all champs but that's in a perfect world.   

And there are situations, like the example I listed, where that's the case. Where someone is caught dead to rights. I almost always, as a jungler, try to let the mid carry finish fuckers off. If it's questionable at all, I'm full on kill mode. I also always hand my blue buff (after the first) to the AP carry. It wins them lanes and nets your team kills.

Kills pay WAY better than assists. I used to not truly understand the importance of CS. I spent too much time roaming when I shoulda been raking in cash. Even if you don't agree with the more passive style of pro guys, I have learned there are sometimes you just can't help that dude in mid that overextended. Don't bother running down there and handing them another kill. Help yourself. Get paid. And if you are support, help your carries get paid.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: October 21, 2011, 01:05:11 PM

It's never kill stealing when you are a carry. Support types and tanks are supposed to let you get last hit on a champ if it isn't an intense situation. Amumu really doesn't need that gold, he can still bandage/ult the enemy team. Carries need items to let them beast people.

Eff this. If carry cant kill people on his own  he is shit and doesnt deserves it anyways. btw amumu with rabbadons is scary as fck.

You're a fuckin' retard.  And kids, please don't build Rabbadon's Amumu.

So let's say I'm Annie....I'm ganking with a Taric built for 0 CS...Taric should not, in any fucking way, try to get the last hit on a champ. That's fucking your carry, and your team. What am I saying? You probably don't understand the concept of 0 CS builds....and even carries for that matter.

Your elo must be as high as your nose. For one we are talking about solo que. Two we are not talking about the static farm fest of high level douchery. Fact is harrassing and team fights happen far more often than the gank orianted play of the 0 CS game. In that enviorment, anyone getting the kill is better than no one getting the kill because "fights" of any kind are usually not planned or coordinated enough to ensure your carry always gets the kill, let alone for it to be handed to your ashe on a silver platter.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: October 21, 2011, 03:12:27 PM

In a big messy team fight you usually just want to kill people as fast as possible and whoever gets the kill gets it. If you are chasing someone down or ganking and they are taost it's good to try to let someone who needs it get it. For example if you are Sona and you ult someone who has 10% hp there's generally no reason to Q them when your carry can hit them once to finish them.

This stuff does mattter. If you are in a bottom lane as Vayne and Sona your Vayne getting two kills is way way better than your Sona getting two kills.

Recently I played with a couple different Ali players who saved their abilities for the finishing blow. Not only does that suck because fed a support Ali with a couple kills doesn't get much stronger but saving his skills for kills means he isn't using them to protect carries, bonk a squishy into our team, etc.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:14:01 PM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: October 22, 2011, 05:01:41 AM

9/10 if your support is getting kills, your carries are already pretty damn fed to begin with.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: October 22, 2011, 05:18:33 AM

Not true. Sona for example can put out a lot of burst early game, more than many carries.

Sona hitting someone with a Q and then her Power Chord can do 30%+ damage at early levels. As Vayne in that same amount of time you can get at best a Condemn into the wall and an auto attack for maybe a little more damage and more likely just a roll into a single auto-attack for much less. Similarly Ali hitting someone with a Q, an auto-attack and a W at level 2 is not going to do much less damage than a Corki landing a Q and an auto-attack and some E hits.

A lot of carries don't have highly damaging skills and rely on auto-attacks for damage and at low levels with not many items that damage is low. Which is why those early kills matter so much, the faster you can get some significant items that faster you start rolling.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: October 22, 2011, 05:38:57 AM

Coming from a person who actually plays taric, karma, soraka and sona and plays them as aggressively as possible, the only way I don't feed my lanning partner kills is if they miss click on a creep or facing the opposite direction when the enemy is still alive with a sliver of health left. Generally no matter how kill oriented I am, i find it impossible not to end a game with 12-20 assist and maybe 3 kills if lucky during a team fight.  So i don't know what support champs you running with, but anyone with a rune page can easily scrub kills set up by way played support champions.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #287 on: October 22, 2011, 12:02:47 PM

Been trying, and failing, to make some broken lane combos with Vayne and Riven. I decided I wanted to win a game, so...:

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #288 on: October 22, 2011, 12:43:35 PM

People just do not fucking get Dominion do they? I'm on a team that's doing pretty well, playing Ryze. We are up something like 153 to 17 with 3 points controlled. I say to the team "Just hold 3" and am completely ignored. The rest of the team starts hunting ganks, and proceeds to go down from 3 towers to 2. We're down to 53 to 17 when I figure out that the top point is ripe for taking. So without any help, I head towards it while the rest of the retards go looking for kills padding. This puts me 1v1 against a goddamn Fiddlesticks, who has killed me numerous times in the game. I lose this fight and we probably lose the game, but somehow, I manage to cap him with 1/8 health left and take the point, ensuring our victory.

What's so fucking hard about hold 3 points when you're up that far? People are fucking idiots.

Rasix

Reply #289 on: October 22, 2011, 10:57:22 PM

OK.  This community is fucking wretched at times.  Jesus christ.

I had an off game and holy hell, pro Shaco who dives into 4 of them keeps giving me shit.  I should just use the ignore function the first time one of those idiots pipes up.

edit: Actually, anytime I'm playing a champ I'm not great on.. I think everyone goes on ignore. Better for my blood pressure that way.  Funny though, the Shaco gives me shit when no one was positive, and I killed my lane to the point where my opponent was switched out and I had the most CS of anyone.  /wtf

And to gripe some more, it seems like every other game some team gets a Xerath that just feeds the entire time. When you're 1/7, perhaps it's time to stop complaining you didn't get enough CS.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:12:14 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: October 23, 2011, 12:20:40 AM

My Achilles heel in terms of enjoying this game is people with unusual characters in their name, making it impossible to easily ignore them without looking up alt-codes.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: October 23, 2011, 12:55:06 AM

So I decided to play ranked, which is usually against my goal of taking the game as unserious as possible, but meh why not ranked? With the reset I can finally get my pro gaming fix right? Wrong. The first two games I try seriously, I pick soraka and attempt to carry my team to victory by making sure my laning partner is fed. Both games result in a loss despite early game dominance. Loses that would have been easily avoided if my team had a clue and ended the game instead of wasting all the farm i gave them and avoiding team fights to the point where one miss placed ally champions results in a steam rolled gg nexus lose. Not wishing to continue this trend I say "fuck it" and refuse to take the game seriously again, instead falling back on my trusty JUNGLE Twisted Fate.

Players were screaming at champ select, had 20 que dodges once they realized I was dead serious. Couldn't stop laughing. I think that alone made up for being trolled out of easy wins when I'm actually trying to win. Finally getting a game it ends in 30 minutes my win and with some of the people who dodged me on the other team. Laughed. Got apologies two pages long from my teammates. Made friends with a guy who figured out what i was doing. Funny stuff. Next game dual que, this went not so smoothly, had an enemy fiddle who seemed to do the right thing at the worst possible time. The game felt like a slow crawl to a lose, until they all moved bottom (a fact we noticed thanks to my new jarven buddy with his pro wards) and I ulted top with my new buddy chogath and BackDoored all the way to the nexus, while pro jarven rallied the rest of the team to block all attempts to blue pill. One of the best quotes from the game was "Never Seen a Back Door like that in a Ranked Game". Everyone was calling the game epic by the end, well except the losing team which have devolved into the typical "trolling, feeding, blah blah" rage cycle.  

The moral is if your taking the game seriously your doing it wrong. League of Legends was nicknamed LoL in the beta for a reason.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:01:17 AM by DLRiley »
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: October 23, 2011, 04:31:16 AM

My Achilles heel in terms of enjoying this game is people with unusual characters in their name, making it impossible to easily ignore them without looking up alt-codes.

In game just hold tab and click on the word balloon to the far right of their name to ignore them.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: October 23, 2011, 05:26:13 PM

I think I might be done solo queuing.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: October 23, 2011, 06:00:30 PM

Trynd and Yi are just about at the same level of insta-queue dodging for me these days.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #295 on: October 23, 2011, 06:14:51 PM

akjslksg;aflk; double bt

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: October 23, 2011, 06:56:02 PM

akjslksg;aflk; double bt

? Sorry, I guess I'm newb? Shrugs, it was super late game, the build I was following had literally nothing left to buy, so I just bought another Bloodthirster,
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #297 on: October 23, 2011, 08:21:09 PM

A Banshee's or something would be a better idea. Against that team, Thornmail would have been good as well.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Rasix

Reply #298 on: October 24, 2011, 12:09:25 AM

Just had game where a Nunu and Ashe died 35 times between them.  The lines on them were 2/19/2 and 3/16/9 respectively.  We won, but only because it was a 4 on 5.  The Nunu really didn't count though as a teammate.  He'd just sit in front of the Soraka, make a funny face, and die (even had a skin for Nunu).  I had to take over his lane, but still, he'd just run down the middle and die. He spent more than 11 minutes dead, same with Ashe but she fed their Annie hard.  Ohh, and our Annie was afk through about 30% of the game.  VERY ODD.  Noob game while on work PC, which had the keyboard and mouse stop working sporadically throughout the game.  

Overall, I played very passively and just used the time to farm my Q with Nasus and get used to playing him.  Late game I was just melting everyone and had a GA/FON so I was unkillable.  Annie would run up, hit me, and be dismayed that I wasn't screaming in pain.  Still had a rather MEH line (3/2/5), but killed 4 turrets, played a lot of D, pushed lanes, etc.  Nasus seems fun, but I think would end up ineffective if under-farmed on the Q.  It's still nice to have a slow at your disposal and lane pushing skill.  Solid kit, and in the style of character I favor.

edit: Tried Ashe. LOL.  I just completely can't play ranged anymore.  I just get lost.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:12:26 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: October 24, 2011, 07:50:10 AM

I had stupid silly long game (58 minutes or so) last night.  We traded barons couple of times but it was going nowhere. Had full build as gp with 6 k to spare.  So I thought - heck why no, Ill try those 400g potions. So I sold my wriggles bought and drank all 3 potions+ oracle (just to see wards) , bought 2nd IE ( probably not best choice but I already had black cleaver+TF) . And by jeebus I got quadra kill in first team fight. Will not neglect potions now!   26k gold farmed at the end of this game.

But I still think the game needs separate items slots for potions+wards. In those long games always run out of room...

In other game faced morgana +fiddle, both  with zhonya. God this combo is annoying - morgana flashes in, zhonya ,ult, fiddle flashes in, ult + zhonya. We are fcked! We still won but only cause their udyr was running around in pheonix spamming chat "I am a superman".
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #300 on: October 24, 2011, 07:50:57 AM

I decided I wanted to try the Jungling Yi last night based sort of on this build:

Pro as Heck Guide to Jungling Master Yi

I let my team know I wanted to try Jungling and the Kassadin who took mid lane immediately said please don't, since Janna was top lane by herself. Janna shot back with "Nah, I got it, I can solo lane this." I told the Janna if she needed help, just holler and went on. Died to the golems first time because I didn't pop my health potion, but it was before the fights really began so I didn't mind too much. I'm only level 15 so didn't really have jungling runes but was working with some AD runes. The jungling started a little better so by the time I was 4 or 5, Janna asked me to take the lane while she went and bought shit. I did, facing off against an Ashe and a horrible Udyr. I laned for a bit, then went back to the jungling, even helping the Kass mid lane with a Fiddlesticks (who was also a pretty bad player - I think he ended up with 3 kills and low CS). Instead of taking 3 Zeals, I took one, found I needed a mana regen item, and once I'd gotten that, went for a Sunfire Cape. I died more than I wanted, but by the end, I was just owning two champs at a time, underneath turrets and surviving. The movement speed buffs from berzerker boots and the zeal was just goddamn crazy. I ended up with 9/9/15 or some such, and we won handily. The other team was mostly terrible, though their Ashe was decent. Our Kass and Janna were goddamn pro, though. Janna ended up with more kills than me, and the Kass had like 15/3/10 or some crazy shit.

I really liked that build of Yi, even if I don't jungle. Those movement speed/AS buffs were just crazy.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: October 24, 2011, 08:24:55 AM

You don't need to sell items to drink potions.  With a full build when you buy potions you just auto-drink them instead of going into your inv.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: October 24, 2011, 08:47:36 AM

You don't need to sell items to drink potions.  With a full build when you buy potions you just auto-drink them instead of going into your inv.

You have to buy them after you respawn though.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: October 24, 2011, 08:51:26 AM

A Banshee's or something would be a better idea. Against that team, Thornmail would have been good as well.

Thanks. Sometimes I get zeroed in on damage dealing and forget that defensive items can still be really useful.  Learnin Learnin Learnin.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:57 AM

You don't need to sell items to drink potions.  With a full build when you buy potions you just auto-drink them instead of going into your inv.

Wow a noob I am still! Mucho thanks for tip!  Now if I only had free ward slot now!
Rasix

Reply #305 on: October 24, 2011, 09:27:53 AM

Thanks. Sometimes I get zeroed in on damage dealing and forget that defensive items can still be really useful.  Learnin Learnin Learnin.

A banshee's will often save you a "stun lands, everyone dogpiles on you" type of death.   I typically play tanky dps, so 2-3 slots for me (not counting boots) is always some sort of defensive response to what the other team is doing.  

-Rasix
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: October 24, 2011, 11:10:25 AM

Must have been a 50 minute game, he died what 4 times? While good advice, it doens't applie applicably to why he lost. He lost at champ select and his team mates just snowballed the situation downward by there choice in items.

The reason he lost was Jax and Jarven, running around with 3.5k health while the rest of his team barely scrubbed 2k health, not even counting differences in armor and magic resistance. You had no tank, and they had off tanks and a sona. The rest of your team evaporated every time you engage in a fight involving jax or jarven and it only got worse by the end game. I feel sad for your lose but them the breaks.
Rasix

Reply #307 on: October 24, 2011, 04:02:15 PM

God, why haven't I played GP in like weeks?  I just finished mopping the floor with a team as him.  Maybe my hidden ELO was low enough to get put back with the baddies. Been having a dreadful run of bad teams and worse losses.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: October 24, 2011, 05:54:05 PM

Just start jungling. My Warwick is now like 16-3. As Hoax said, as long as your team is semi-competent. a jungler helps immensely.

Bought Udyr with IP though...he's a lot trickier. The rhythm of stacking stances  takes some skill I don't have yet.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #309 on: October 24, 2011, 06:05:47 PM

Bought Udyr with IP though

Noooooooooooooooo.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: October 24, 2011, 06:24:57 PM

I ruined my 7 game Renekton winning streak (which followed an 8-game Renekton losing streak -- stupid team games) by trying out Xerath and getting my ass kicked mid while staring intently at my inscrutable skill buttons. Even at level 16 games seem to be basically determined by which side has more smurfs.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: October 24, 2011, 07:06:50 PM

Bought Udyr with IP though

Noooooooooooooooo.

swamp poop  He's only 3150! He's my first IP bought champ...ever! (I socked the rest into about 30k of runes) I just wanted to try him out and didn't feel like waiting till he went on sale.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: October 24, 2011, 07:18:10 PM

Still on the fence about buying something magey.  A friend of mine plays Brand and he looks quite fun to play, but I don't feel like selling out 975 RP for him :-/. 
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:03 PM

I like fiddle, he seems to be a good starter mage since he's not very squishy.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #314 on: October 24, 2011, 07:26:57 PM

Just start jungling. My Warwick is now like 16-3. As Hoax said, as long as your team is semi-competent. a jungler helps immensely.

Bought Udyr with IP though...he's a lot trickier. The rhythm of stacking stances  takes some skill I don't have yet.

I frikkin' love Udyr. Hit me up and I'll give ya some pointers. Are you thinking tiger or phoenix? I started out Tiger, and at lower levels is probably best (very strong ganks) but I have a tanky phoenix build that is rough business and super fast jungler clearer. Might be even better if other team has no jungler...cook down the entire forest.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: