Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356842 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #245 on: October 17, 2011, 09:34:26 AM

Well, that's the thing.  I'm not support as Irelia.

-Rasix
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: October 17, 2011, 10:07:21 AM

Irelia is slightly different. The idea is that you take a solo lane, and the pendant gives you enough sustain that you can farm comfortably until late game when you're one of the most powerful champions.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:46 AM

Yeah, that. Her early game isn't that important, and sometimes getting farm with her is tough if you're 1v2, but Philo/Heart will make that not matter very much, while adding some early durability.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #248 on: October 17, 2011, 02:17:42 PM

I wish I could play with some of your guys, but I never see folks online.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: October 17, 2011, 03:19:47 PM

The losing streak continued as I get increasingly retarded teammates. Despite destroying a horrible malzahar in mid, my other two lanes were "catered"... Then I played Jax and went 13 / 2 because nobody this low apparently knows how to deal with him, that and I faced a jarvan in bottom lane that used his standard > javeline combo every time it was up no matter how stupid and suicidal it was. At one point I solo'd Jarvan Akali and Caitlyn; killing them all with around 30% hp left... While exhaust was on.
Rasix

Reply #250 on: October 17, 2011, 11:58:20 PM

Ragey Trynd and ragey Sivir in my two losses tonight.  Both liked to get into dumb fights, yell at you when they died, and then blamed their loss on us noobs.  That Sivir was really, really bad for basically only playing Sivir and being level 20.  Had a lower CS than me and she was solo mid and I had to share my lane with a fucking Heimerdinger.   Plus, their name was "FUKWHITEPPL" and spammed us with Occupy Wallstreet wall-o-text at the start.   The Trynd was just a Trynd.  Though he was really good and should keep pushing team fights when we needed to just surrender because besides him and me, we had a disconnected Teemo (who was feeding really bad before he left), a person playing LeBlanc for the first time and a useless Ezrael.  But Trind wanted to keep going because look at his awesome score!  DIED 12 TIMES.

My win was against a really, really passive team that just let me farm to my heart's content.  I think I was up 5 levels on almost everyone but the Trist in mid against me.  And she managed to be down a few levels to me because she was really easy to push out of lane.  At the end of the game I was at 244 CS while no one on the opposing team was within a 50 and that was just.. the passive Trist (everyone else was 100 lower).  I only got to be scary for a while before they surrendered.

edit: The best part was the Sivir couldn't figure out how to use flash.  Bitched about it the entire game.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:00:26 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: October 18, 2011, 01:02:19 AM

Had a decent run on summoners rift, with a friend whose gotten much better since the last time I played with him. Good times on vent, with me laughing every time the enemy tryndamere burst from the bushes to kill my noob ass. Easy win, fun game, ended in 27 minutes LoL. The only annoying part was the 5th man we picked up since there was only 4 of us, who was trying so hard to pretend like were in the esl.
5th player -"Hey you didn't see that tryndamere?!"
Me - "I did, didn't care"
5th player -  ACK!
Me -  awesome, for real
5th player -  swamp poop
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #252 on: October 18, 2011, 06:04:26 AM

cool story bro

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: October 18, 2011, 06:22:26 AM

%50 of all LoL deaths = "It's cool, I can get him"

other %50 = "Wonder what's in this bush..."

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: October 18, 2011, 04:56:49 PM

Well, I am getting really good at destroying everything with Renekton and then losing anyways. The other day I was 7/1/8 after 15 minutes and my team was just bad enough to lose anyways; I just played a game where I went 5/0/0 top in the first like 10 minutes against Kat and Yi. I literally drove Kat out of lane and into mid. But meanwhile bot was feeding Twitch because nobody buys pink wards ever, even after dying six times in a row.

I switched bot and we were still going to stomp them until our Amumu had some sort of RL emergency and went afk for just long enough for the other team to get Baron twice and stomp half our base. Meanwhile I am spending money I could be spending on carry items on Oracles because nobody else will, and every team fight is basically 'will they focus me down in time or will I hurt them enough that my team can clean them up'.

I guess I just need to figure out how to carry harder. Switching/ganking bottom earlier probably would have been wise, but given that I was practically freefarming top I was reluctant to leave before getting the tower down.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: October 18, 2011, 05:43:24 PM

I'm convinced most people playing this game think the objective is just to fight the other team.  Its like, people are playing fucking team death match.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: October 18, 2011, 06:22:23 PM

I'm convinced most people playing this game think the objective is just to fight the other team.  Its like, people are playing fucking team death match.

I agree. I *finally* had a good SR match last night, where the team was focused on winning not kills. I ended up with 12/3/15 or something silly like that with Jax - and not one person complained about me "kill stealing". They even set me up for a couple of ambushes! The opposing team put up an OK fight but didn't coordinate as well as we did.

- Viin
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #257 on: October 18, 2011, 08:16:36 PM

But if you focus on winning the games early, then the fun ends too soon! why so serious? I'm weird that way though. I play to not lose, as opposed to everyone else who play to win - and if they can't win they give up. I find it equally fun to play one game that lasts 55 minutes as two games that last 20 each.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: October 18, 2011, 08:33:43 PM

But if you focus on winning the games early, then the fun ends too soon! why so serious? I'm weird that way though. I play to not lose, as opposed to everyone else who play to win - and if they can't win they give up. I find it equally fun to play one game that lasts 55 minutes as two games that last 20 each.

I'm actually saying you shouldn't play to win early.  If you are playing smart you are building up a bunch of little advantages that then build to huge advantages by the end.  People seem to think they can win the game in the first 10 minutes and then end up just running off and getting killed because they are playing so aggressively.  When the mid-game hits, everyone is eager to initiate the team fight instead of waiting until the positioning is best, and so forth.   People have no patience to play smart.  I'm not amazing at this game, but at least I don't don't play stupid.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: October 18, 2011, 09:05:28 PM

Boring. Your not a man if your not at the enemy nexus in 25 minutes. Super passive players just get rick rolled by anyone with a pair of balls, that's really all hotshotgg does, he simply harasses and starts fights when the opponent is whimpering behind creeps or a tower. His team just makes sure they are right behind him when he tards in 1v4.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: October 19, 2011, 05:35:33 AM

You have totally not watched any recent CLG games.

Hotshot on his preferred Nidalee is possibly the most passive competitive player for the first 30 minutes. He just farms and farms and farms. Essentially nothing will get him out of lane: they're taking dragon? Teamfight in mid? Farm top. Teamfight in top? Farm mid.

I mean, the strat will sometimes pay off, because late game, he's chucking spears that are doing half-health, and with lich bane, he basically 3-shotted an inhibitor. But he uses his wonderful skills as an escape artist not to gank, but just to farm and push and CS.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:38:54 AM by tastyhat »
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: October 19, 2011, 07:06:26 AM

He doesnt end matches in 20 minutes, but he is still far more likely to single handly start fights when the other team isnt expectong it. He may be a giant puss for 30 minutes, but he is far more agressive than most players are comfortable with. I remember one game  he was farming with jax, 30 unimportant minutes later he strolls up the middle of the map, heads for 4 players holding mid, leaps on one guy who back peddles closer to his tower but comes to a.full stop just short of being on top of his other teammates.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:29:00 AM by DLRiley »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: October 19, 2011, 07:36:01 AM

Been playing sona a lot lately and I've found playing your lane very aggressively with her is the wY to go. Constant harassing while you teammate farms can really deprive your lane opponents

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: October 19, 2011, 08:27:34 AM

Been playing sona a lot lately and I've found playing your lane very aggressively with her is the wY to go. Constant harassing while you teammate farms can really deprive your lane opponents
Just wait till u lane with someone who has no idea what you"re doing.
Rasix

Reply #264 on: October 19, 2011, 08:42:14 AM

After mostly playing melee characters for the past two weeks, I've gotten really horrible with ranged.   Yikes.  Had my first 10 death game as Annie and was like 9/10/10 in a win.  Granted, this was a win where we got significantly out killed/assisted, yet had them on the defensive the entire match.  Our Yi and Udyr liked to dive really hard, so most team fights began with them dead and the enemy team focusing me hard.    Still, where they were satisfied with holding down their base, we were killing towers and inhibs and then we ended up acing them and sealing it.

Seems like I need to focus on a role and stick to it, since I don't play a billion games a day. But quite often I'll get into the character select, think for a second, and our team is already instalocked with 4 melee DPS.  I'd just feel like a dick not taking a ranged at that point.  Although I've found that being the lone ranged means you eat a lot of backdoor deaths.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: October 19, 2011, 08:51:15 AM

After mostly playing melee characters for the past two weeks, I've gotten really horrible with ranged.   Yikes.  Had my first 10 death game as Annie and was like 9/10/10 in a win.  Granted, this was a win where we got significantly out killed/assisted, yet had them on the defensive the entire match.  Our Yi and Udyr liked to dive really hard, so most team fights began with them dead and the enemy team focusing me hard.    Still, where they were satisfied with holding down their base, we were killing towers and inhibs and then we ended up acing them and sealing it.

Seems like I need to focus on a role and stick to it, since I don't play a billion games a day. But quite often I'll get into the character select, think for a second, and our team is already instalocked with 4 melee DPS.  I'd just feel like a dick not taking a ranged at that point.  Although I've found that being the lone ranged means you eat a lot of backdoor deaths.

I've been trying to like Melee, but I feel like in my shitty newb games ranged carries just dominate so hard that I'm doing my team a disservice if I don't play Ashe or Vayne.    For melee I have Alistar (who I play when I'm playing with a friend), Tryndamere (which I play rarely, but kind of like), Jax (who I'm still getting used to).  I also suck hard with mages like Annie.  I've actually done pretty well with Morgana and Sona, but it feels like when I play support I end up never having a player worth supporting.  Also, no one wants to solo  mid, so if I play a ranged carry I'm pretty much allowed free farming mid by my team every game, which is also fun.

Also, I've had a similar problem where when I do decide I want to try some melee to improve at it, there are already like a Master Yi, Tryn and something else on the team already, so the team needs ranged, and I'm better at it to begin with, so I never get better, heh.

Is it good to specialize in this fashion and be good with a few ranged carries, or is it better to plug in a bunch of roles?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: October 19, 2011, 08:52:55 AM

Oh dear god I have, the worst thing about it is telling people "No, take ALL the minions, seriously"

Rasix

Reply #267 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:28 AM

Oh dear god I have, the worst thing about it is telling people "No, take ALL the minions, seriously"

If I was paired with you, I'd squee.  If I ever get paired with a support, most of them just push the lane and auto attack creeps.  But it's rare that I do, I'd guess that 50-75% of the games my level don't even feature a support character of any kind.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: October 19, 2011, 09:39:27 AM

I will totally 0CS support you Rasix.  Heart

Jungle WW update: 6-0.  I got paired with somebody who took WW/Smite before I could click it, told him so goodnaturedly, picked Irelia.

Queue dodge. He's not there, so it's WW on WW, and we're doing some light fun trash talk over all. So we invade and steal his blue, and then when he comes looking for my golems second trip around, vaporized. I had my wriggles before he had madreds. All lulz from there on.

Speaking of lulz, who wants to try out the Blitzstar lane? It looks hilarious.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #269 on: October 21, 2011, 07:19:36 AM

Lost a game of the new Dominion last night. I didn't really notice the changes. I was playing with Kayle on a team that was a gaggle of crack-addled monkeys. We started the game with 3 fucking people all running to the bottom to take the first point. 3 fucking people to take the bottom point. I mean, I don't even know how to process something so fucking stupid. I take the closest top point and our Talon immediately goes towards the windmill. He can't take it solo, of course, because he's facing up against a Yi and something else. Our team spent the entire game running around like goddamn headless chickens. We controlled the top 3 points at one moment in the game, but most of the time we were lucky to control two points and struggling to maintain that. I don't think I ever had three people on my team fighting with me, at most it was two people. The Talon seemed semi-sentient, the rest were just fuckawful stupid.

Luckily, this was after a game of SR where I played Kayle. I started out well soloing mid-lane against an Irelia, but towards mid game, I started feeding her pretty bad. But by late game, I was fucking unstoppable. I think I had a 4 or 5 kill streak IN THE ENEMY BASE while I had less than 1/4 health. I think I started kill-stealing our Ammu because he'd initiate and then I'd start whaling on someone with my Q and E active, pop my W or R to stay alive and suddenly, shit was just dead. The team wasn't great, except for the Ammu, but they weren't morons either.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: October 21, 2011, 08:50:54 AM

It's never kill stealing when you are a carry. Support types and tanks are supposed to let you get last hit on a champ if it isn't an intense situation. Amumu really doesn't need that gold, he can still bandage/ult the enemy team. Carries need items to let them beast people.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: October 21, 2011, 09:02:20 AM

It's never kill stealing when you are a carry. Support types and tanks are supposed to let you get last hit on a champ if it isn't an intense situation. Amumu really doesn't need that gold, he can still bandage/ult the enemy team. Carries need items to let them beast people.

Eff this. If carry cant kill people on his own  he is shit and doesnt deserves it anyways. btw amumu with rabbadons is scary as fck.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #272 on: October 21, 2011, 09:29:11 AM

We're talking about the middle of crazy ass team fights around the enemy base with asstons of minions, and all of us at least level 16 or higher. I don't think the Ammu was serious about it - he wasn't a dick. And frankly, I wouldn't have given a fuck anyway. At the stage it happened, there's no way I was going to be able to hold off on last hitting something since at times I could barely see what I was targeting.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: October 21, 2011, 10:31:13 AM

Most of the time you shouldn't care who gets the kill. Getting as many assists as possible is the optimal way of earning money, and an assist earns a good fraction of the money that killing would've gotten instead. It's kill securing, not stealing.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: October 21, 2011, 10:45:18 AM

I can't tell any difference between old Dominion and the new one. All I know is that AP Poppy is still an awesome killing machine. People don't expect tower dives in Dom.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: October 21, 2011, 11:15:46 AM

Eff this. If carry cant kill people on his own  he is shit and doesnt deserves it anyways. btw amumu with rabbadons is scary as fck.

You're a fuckin' retard.  And kids, please don't build Rabbadon's Amumu.

So let's say I'm Annie....I'm ganking with a Taric built for 0 CS...Taric should not, in any fucking way, try to get the last hit on a champ. That's fucking your carry, and your team. What am I saying? You probably don't understand the concept of 0 CS builds....and even carries for that matter.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: October 21, 2011, 11:37:25 AM

You're a fuckin' retard. 

Man, LoL really builds up those social skills!
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: October 21, 2011, 11:54:02 AM

LoL - best community. EVAH!

So let's say I'm Annie....I'm ganking with a Taric built for 0 CS...Taric should not, in any fucking way, try to get the last hit on a champ. That's fucking your carry, and your team. What am I saying? You probably don't understand the concept of 0 CS builds....and even carries for that matter.

Yeah I dont.  Happy now?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: October 21, 2011, 12:02:09 PM

Kill > no kill

optimally you let your carry get the killing blow on all champs but that's in a perfect world.   

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #279 on: October 21, 2011, 12:04:33 PM

Yeah, that's not happening. I'm almost positive I will never be good enough (nor give enough of a shit) to worry about NOT killing a champ when I have the opportunity. If I can get the kill, I do. It's a dead champ. Fuck your kill scores.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: