Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:47:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359108 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: October 09, 2011, 07:34:25 PM

Had my first real terrible experience in a game today.  A bunch of teenagers calling each other fags and niggers.  I shouldn't just ignored them all, but I tried to calm everyone down, eventually the entire game (both teams) turned on ME for trying to be reasonable, telling me to go play Chess if I couldn't handle it or something.  Seriously considered uninstalling the game on the spot.  Cooler heads prevailed, but I'm going to simply /ignore at the first sign of ANYTHING shady from now on.

There are some times when you can actually calm a team down that's getting ready to be all snipey at each other and get people steady. I don't mind doing that.

But if somebody starts being homophobic or racist or sexist, it's just instant ignore, and I silently report at the end of the game.  So much saner.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: October 09, 2011, 07:54:55 PM

Had my first real terrible experience in a game today.  A bunch of teenagers calling each other fags and niggers.  I shouldn't just ignored them all, but I tried to calm everyone down, eventually the entire game (both teams) turned on ME for trying to be reasonable, telling me to go play Chess if I couldn't handle it or something.  Seriously considered uninstalling the game on the spot.  Cooler heads prevailed, but I'm going to simply /ignore at the first sign of ANYTHING shady from now on.

A good rule of thumb is to just not talk. At all. Unless your team is reasonable.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #177 on: October 10, 2011, 05:21:07 AM

Seriously considered uninstalling the game on the spot.

I think I'm currently about to go into my second 4v5 ranked in a row and I understand this thought completely.  I actually have uninstalled a few times but it usually lasts less than a week, I'm such an addict.

Dude, I feel you. I think I'm about done with ranked.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: October 10, 2011, 05:57:42 AM

I am pretty close to done with the game. I can't even bring myself to play a dominion game most the times I log in. Solo-queue SR is just out as the last 5-6 games I have played have been full of the normal asshats and I am tired of their shit.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #179 on: October 10, 2011, 08:02:52 AM

Seriously considered uninstalling the game on the spot.  Cooler heads prevailed, but I'm going to simply /ignore at the first sign of ANYTHING shady from now on.

I find that unless you like winding the little douchebags up, this is the best option. Because there are some real cockgobbling shitbags in this game, and they never listen.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: October 10, 2011, 09:43:06 AM

Had a fun game of dominion over the weekend. The final score to that game was us victorious with 2 points remaining so ended 2-0. That was both the longest and the closest dominion game I have played.

Honestly I was pretty sure we were going to lose it was like us 9 them 107 at one point but we got a lucky ace and capped a shit load of nodes and defended like crazy.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #181 on: October 10, 2011, 10:02:23 AM

To be honest, the community aspects haven't gotten to me very much yet.  I haven't put a single person on ignore yet, and I think I've only reported a few people (mostly for afking once it looks like a loss).  The difficult parts are that I play late and night and tend to get a lot of Spanish and Chinese players.  A lot of the Spanish players think they're very good when they just aren't.   This one Teemo died 17 times in a 30 minute game.  It wasn't a blow out, but him and the Spanish Alistair were just wandering the map alone and we surrendered because there was no way we were going to win with that idiot combo feeding them.

I've had some fun games lately as Cho'gath.  There's nothing better than walking in front of your team with 6 stacks of Feast, daring the other team to initiate.  In one 55 minute game, I had a line of 3/1/17, but I think my greatest achievement was just the pure intimidation factor.  They had won a team fight at one point and were looking to press, but I was able to keep them from taking a tower 4 on 1, basically by just being big and scary.

Had a moment in that game where I was holding bot v. a Morg and Riven (a Kat/Janna combo wanted top) and an Ezrael jumped out of the grass at me.  Threw one skill shot at me and then joined the lane to farm it?

(me) Worst gank ever.  
(Morg) LOL
(Ez) Who said I was trying to gank?
(me) The bushes?

After that, to show him how it's done, landed a Q/W combo on a character at top and on him a little later in mid, both resulting in their deaths.

edit: Toward the end they tried a baron.  I had told the Janna to keep him warded because that was the only way they were going to win.  I start pressing down middle, don't see any of them, don't see the Baron ward so I high tail it over there.  Sure enough, they're doing Baron and he's at about 33%.  I flash into the middle of it and start laying down the Rupture and silences and in the process steal the Baron kill.  Team arrives and mops up.  Game over.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:37:46 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #182 on: October 10, 2011, 11:19:22 AM

FYI, those players are actually horrible Brazilians, not Spanish.

But yeah...they mostly suck. And talk tons of trash.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: October 10, 2011, 09:55:42 PM

So I get in a dominion solo queue, I see my team comp and think "this should be a cakewalk":

Rammus, Shaco, Garen, Teemo, Jax

other team:

Jax, Akali, Mordekaiser, Katarina, Leona

Our shaco when I ask him if he is going bot says "I would probably be better top". He plays bad bad, I keep dying because I go in and initiate on 2 when I see Jax and Shaco near me heading the same way.....they both run, like 5 times. We proceed to get steamrolled for 15 minutes and I look at the items people are building. Shaco built pretty much pure AD. On dominion. Where AP Shaco is fuckdickulous.

Somehow we claw back and actually win. I think because they started focusing me even when I didn't taunt because I kept falling over dead at the beginning, not thinking about the fact that I had a sunfire cape and a thornmail at that point. And their Leona and Akali were the only ones that seemed to care about map control near the end, had a lot of 3v1 Morde/Jax/Kat attacking me in the jungle.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rasix

Reply #184 on: October 10, 2011, 10:17:23 PM

Holy shit Singed is fun.  You can make fuckers RAGE.

"Hey, that stuff coming out of my butt? It aint candy."

I just run around the whole match being annoying.  Caitlyn prepping Ace? FLING!

edit:

Second game, funnier than the first. New favorite champ..

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:30:58 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: October 11, 2011, 02:39:59 AM

Shoulda gone with boots of swiftness, son!

And your team won with a Tiamat?

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: October 11, 2011, 04:56:37 AM

That nasus has an unusual build.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: October 11, 2011, 05:00:25 AM

Merc treads are THE boots for Singed, IMO. Swiftness are acceptable, but Singed REALLY needs the CC reduction since his nerf (and hell, I used them most the time anyway before the nerf).

My Standard top solo build is  - Regrowth Pendant , 1 health pot. Rush RoA. Build FoN. Rylai's...whateva! I'm sure it would work fine with a partner, though I probably would start mana crystal and 2 health pots to help rush RoA more.

Best trick for singed is the double goo. Catch a runner with the goo pile, run up and fling him back into it for a double slow and certain death.

I'm bummed the amount he gets banned now in draft, as I have played him forever :(

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: October 11, 2011, 05:25:02 AM

That just means everybody's scared of you! The secret's out.

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: October 11, 2011, 05:34:42 AM

Every time I see someone chasing a singed I think of that trololololo song.
Rasix

Reply #190 on: October 11, 2011, 09:09:08 AM

Merc treads are THE boots for Singed, IMO. Swiftness are acceptable, but Singed REALLY needs the CC reduction since his nerf (and hell, I used them most the time anyway before the nerf).

My Standard top solo build is  - Regrowth Pendant , 1 health pot. Rush RoA. Build FoN. Rylai's...whateva! I'm sure it would work fine with a partner, though I probably would start mana crystal and 2 health pots to help rush RoA more.

Best trick for singed is the double goo. Catch a runner with the goo pile, run up and fling him back into it for a double slow and certain death.

I'm bummed the amount he gets banned now in draft, as I have played him forever :(

I like merc treads.  There gets to be a point in the game where you're not tanky enough yet and they just start heaving the CC on you.  Luckily Insanity potion has a fairly short cooldown.  Seems to be up most times when I need it.   Actually, they never really stop trying to CC and chase you.  Purple poop is addictive.

I started off Mana Crystal + 2 pots.  Buy reg boots and rush RoA.  Then Rylai's.  Merc boots (got these too late, IMO). Then tanky build depending on what I'm facing.  This seemed to work pretty well.  Easy enough to adjust and move the Rylai's later, but that slow is really nice.

Insanity potion + ghost = LOOOOOOL. 

It's too bad that he's free this week.  People may snag him before I do.

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: October 11, 2011, 09:23:08 AM

RoA and FoN are pretty much core items IMO.  FoN's speed boost and health regen are amazing on Singed.

Some people like Rylai's more but I find I have an AOE slow already, so additional slowing is nice but not as necessary as speed and regen.

If you aren't, make sure you are at least going far enough into defense for strength of spirit (I think it it). Amazing mastery for him. I run a 0/7/23 build.

If I were level 15, I would probably run 0/0/15 for the movement speed. Or go 0/7/8

Singed is even more fun when you run 3 Movespeed quints on him.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: October 11, 2011, 09:25:37 AM

Had the oddest game last night. Everyone was awesome on my team. We went 80 to 8. Everyone had at least 10 kills and no one had more than three deaths.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: October 11, 2011, 09:57:13 AM

Played a Dominion game this morning where my team lost pretty much solely because my team was all AD and they had a Taric + Rammus who built all armor (and both had a thornmail). Their team also had an Akali and Yorick which meant I could not do the same "lol try to kill me" all armor Rammus build.

My team built all AD, no AP at all. Irelia, Olaf, Udyr, Teemo. And the udyr kept saying "taunt is OP" when he would die to Rammus with his pure armor+thornmail build.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Chimpy the only person who could build AP was teemo...
Anyway losing at champ select is always fun. As far your not stacking armor, yorick has one ap scaling skill and does physical damage.... only akali should hurt and it doens't take "that" much mr to make akali damage drop to shit. My guess is your team was skirmishing at every opportunity and did jack squat to the nodes, especially your teemo.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: October 11, 2011, 12:12:59 PM

My team built all AD, no AP at all. Irelia, Olaf, Udyr, Teemo. And the udyr kept saying "taunt is OP" when he would die to Rammus with his pure armor+thornmail build.

To be fair crit AD can actually work even vs armored teams(maybe not vs rammus). I had SR game on my GP vs heavy bruisers team with malphite as  a tank who went all 9 yards physical defence with thornmail and randuins. I had critplank with the arp axe  on top of it. I was dismantling that malphite relatively reliably   ( though we still lost, as our xin was 1/15, akali 5/12 and our rammus was useless)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: October 11, 2011, 12:18:43 PM

Had the oddest game last night. Everyone was awesome on my team. We went 80 to 8. Everyone had at least 10 kills and no one had more than three deaths.

How did you not win the game far before you got to 80 kills?

I really hate it when I'm on a team where we kill 3 of them then instead of taking towers my team spends the next 30 seconds trying to chase down the remaining 2. Those are the kind of games that drag on forever and the other team sometimes comes back to win.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: October 11, 2011, 01:19:01 PM

I think he meant Dominion score.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: October 11, 2011, 01:26:31 PM

Sounds like the strangest SR game to me, actually.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: October 11, 2011, 01:29:37 PM

Sounds like the strangest SR game to me, actually.

Oh come on, the strangest SR game was the one where everyone on our team had double digit deaths. And I think we somehow managed to pull that one off too.

Rasix

Reply #200 on: October 11, 2011, 11:44:05 PM

I'm not sure if the Kat on my team tonight was like 12 or just trolling the shit out of us.  First time we lost a team fight, she even popped a surrender vote.  We were up 30/20 at the time and got them to surrender about 5 minutes later.  It was always crap like "WHY NO HELP MID SINGED. GOGOGO", while I'm downing a tower solo top. Just random shit from her all game long.  In all caps and often repeated 3-4 times for effect.   She was pretty much running around initiating really bad fights all game.  I got pissed off enough I flung the enemy Yi right on top of her.  (I had a few pro flings tonight, but most were shit.  I keep fat fingering my e.)

The Udyr in the game was laughable.  I'm unsure if anyone jungling at this play level is anything other than a novelty.  They're never effective, unless it's some smurf Fiddle that gets fed early.

In my first game of the night, we had a Yi that decided he was team captain.  You can imagine how that went. Nothing like losing a team fight after getting Baron because your Kayle is afk farming and your Yi tower dives 5 people.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:47:13 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: October 12, 2011, 12:34:07 AM

Yi tower dives 5 people.
It's time!

awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: October 12, 2011, 07:13:13 AM

Boots of switfness are nice but merc treads are nice for just ulting and loling in and around the opponents who are now helpless to stop you or even slow you down.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: October 12, 2011, 07:25:19 AM

Hmm, seems like the community gets worse the higher level I go...

Also, my god the AFKing!  I like Summoner's Rift a lot more than I did when I first started, but it feels like a huge risk to play it because I would say more than 1/2 my games since this past weekend have had a DC or AFK on one of the sides, which really ruins it.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: October 12, 2011, 09:47:50 AM

Riot really needs to add a mechanism to end the game early when there are leavers. One thing I'm looking forward to with Dota2 is that players can queue up to take leaver spots. It will hopefully cut down on completely wasted games.
Rasix

Reply #205 on: October 12, 2011, 10:01:14 AM

That would be nice.  If a person has been out of the game for time "x", reduce the amount of before surrender by "x" or "x/2".  Someone hoping in would be nice as well.  I didn't mind replacing someone in a WoW dungeon or hoping into a late battleground to get a free win/loss bonus for minimal time invested.

I haven't seen a lot of AFKs lately.  I saw it a lot around lvl 8-12.   

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: October 12, 2011, 11:26:04 AM

Uh, wow, 10 minute Dominion win.  No afks or anything except for OUR Sona being afk the first min or so.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #207 on: October 12, 2011, 11:43:13 AM

That's very similar to a game I just had - about 10 minutes in Dominion, except I was on the losers. I played my AP Katarina and wasn't doing too bad (4/6/1) considering I often found myself goddamn alone. I'm not sure what some of my teammates were doing. I think we had a disco at one point, but I ended the game with the high score on my team of 543, followed by the next highest being 330-something, with the other three having scores in the high 100's. I did get to own a Yi a few times, but got owned by a decent Morgana. And Riven for some reason, was constantly able to escape my gank attempts.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: October 12, 2011, 11:48:18 AM

I'm pretty sure riven is the second fastest character.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #209 on: October 12, 2011, 11:49:59 AM

She must be because even with Sorceror's Shoes, I couldn't catch the bitch.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: