Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:53:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356860 times)
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 06:41:12 PM

So I'm Karthus I just lost a game due to a worthless nasus. So being me I decide that next game I will play Nasus, I always roll the champs that I felt been trolling me too much, which in this case I've never had a decent nasus on my team. So I get flat Attack Damage (Marks, Quint) and Attack Speed (Glyphs, Seals) runes and for extra lolz, I decide to jungle(9,0,21 masteries with smite). Now keep in mind these games are ones I don't necessarily intend on winning, I'm more apt to troll my teammates than take the game seriously. Especially with a champ I think sucks anyway.

So enter champ select I see Shaco (who intends on jungling and going AP), Leona, Gangplank, and talon. Me not caring much for shaco jungle decide to declare my jungling intentions (I'm in troll mode) and call it a day as far as chatting is concerned (don't talk much for the rest of the game). Now we face blitz, morg, nid and sivir and I'm not may could go either way but shaco is like champ .5 and i've won games with ap shaco. I start jungling and go into typical nasus mode, which is attempt to farm siphons, doesn't work all that well even with a dorans blade and I come to a epiphany when I finally get to afford sheen... nasus is a really bad ad/tank hybrid. Of course that is the general census and thats why no one good plays him, but even than people still run the ad/tank build because of siphons. But I say screw you dumb fucks, I'm building AP Nasus. After 2 triple kills, 6 killing sprees and going 11/5/13 I march my murder man to there nexus kill all towers and siphon strike the bastard to death. I am convinced that this is the way to play nasus.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 07:30:36 PM

I think I'm starting to get the hang of Jax - he's a lot of fun after level 10.

- Viin
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 07:41:12 PM

Fuck, how long was that game? With all that killing and suppression they shouldn't have that much money.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 07:52:43 PM

50mins I think? Notice one of our guys died 20 times and another 11 - totally fed a lot of that gold to 'em.

- Viin
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 08:08:05 PM

That morgana has the worst item build  ACK!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 09:17:40 PM

Okay, so first normal draft game ever.

Somebody asks who's jungling, and I volunteer that I can do Nunu, although I'm sick and have a head cold and haven't played Nunu in forever.

So I ask for a leash on the blue...and it's not a good leash, but anyway, I get executed. Go to golems: stolen. Wraiths/wolves/blue....executed. Also, by this point, kill score is 1-5.

So what else could go wrong? Our Kat is like: "what is this mode?" and somebody says "pro mode", so she quits. 8-21 at this point. I'm sort of panicking and woozy on cold medicine, so I apparently have two dorans, a cloth armor, sheen, and merc treads. Don't ask. None of the answers will make sense.

Somehow, we start clawing back, and then there's a hilarious ace, with three of us hiding in the bush near golems, and one by one, they all come in and get killed. We go investigate a baron, find them all there with about 1500HP, a combination Gragas ult and smite steal that sucker, and it's GG 5 minutes later.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 09:46:28 PM

Nashor's Tooth on Morgana.  ACK!
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 10:32:44 PM

Triforce on Ashe. swamp poop
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 02:20:17 AM

I'm gonna be the controversial guy and say that the biggest problem in solo queues is not character choice or builds, but lack of teamwork. A team can feed like crazy and proceed to teamwork their way to victory if epeen is all the other side is interested in. I had one game where me and my lane mate were 2-10-something, and we basically won the game by nuking two untended lanes all the way to inhibitors in five minutes.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 02:54:02 AM

I just played a game with Sona where I got the first 3 kills for our team in literally the first 5 minutes of the game and 2 people on the other team rage quit.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 03:34:47 AM

Fed Sona, it's over.  why so serious?

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 04:21:35 AM

The Nashor's is bad, but an Archangel's too with no RoA, Hourglass, or Deathcap items bought at all....

ACK!

The spirit visage intruiges me though, hmmm.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 05:11:05 AM

Imagine that you are a noob LoL player, and you're unable to get any minion kills because your lane partners keep last-hitting all the minions you're trying to kill. What would an appropriate reaction?

Cry like a little girl?

I just started playing Jax last night and I have to say, I have a rough time last hitting the first 6 levels. If my lane partner is Sivir or some other quick toon then I might as well just stand around.

Though to the above question, I usually try to let my lane partner last hit half-ish of the minions as long as they are actually *trying* to last hit.

As Jax, you need to be greedy as fuck. That dude requires some cash to be effective from my experience. That's why I love 0 minion kill support people. They run their 5GP items (and maybe even quints) and just happily sit back and SUPPORT YOUR AD CARRY. Support is the difference between a good team and a bad one. Rambo Taric's that try to get kills (instead of assists) are probably worse for a team than running too many carries.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 05:27:41 AM

I'm gonna be the controversial guy and say that the biggest problem in solo queues is not character choice or builds, but lack of teamwork. A team can feed like crazy and proceed to teamwork their way to victory if epeen is all the other side is interested in. I had one game where me and my lane mate were 2-10-something, and we basically won the game by nuking two untended lanes all the way to inhibitors in five minutes.

Yeah, I think people bitching too much can totally kill it too. People rage quit more when being harassed by people. Occasionally, I have convinced a team to just fucking group up and fight. All the sudden, we aren't 3 v 5 anymore and VIOLA! Game turns around.

Another fun ranked game last night, our Morde decides I'm a noob for running Phoenix Udyr. I'm useless blah blah blah. he ends up going like 3/9/9, feeding Nasus up top and almost costing us the game. I quietly tank their entire team enroute to an Ace and go 3/2/11. Best part was he was still bitching about Phoenix Udyr after the game and a guy on the other team gave me and the build props.  3-1 , LEZ GO

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 06:58:43 AM

On this we agree. Sometimes it's too much teamwork actually. I've seen games won because the other team decides way too early that it's time to say "FUCK THE TURRETS! TEAM GANK AHOY!!!!" and start running around the board getting kills, while shitty players like me solo lane turrets until their entire base is vulnerable. Sure, they come in and focus me to death after I kill one turret and knock the 2nd down to half, but then I switch to the opposite lane and do it again.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 12:56:04 PM

I had one of those games at lunch. I tried playing Twisted Fate because I never had... and likely never will again. I can't say I fancied him. We get in and probably 10 minutes in, our Annie starts bitching about how we suck. I ignore it mostly. Apparently, we sucked so hard according to this Annie that she decided she'd be best served by sitting at spawn and berating us for sucking. Oh and every few minutes popping up a surrender vote. I mean it was ridiculous, because even though we did lose (hard not to lose when playing 4v5 and the 5 wasn't a bad team), it took a good 45-50 minutes and we pressed them enough that we killed some inhibitors. That little crotchpheasant got reported for being a douche.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 01:15:04 PM

Good god I wish this game didn't have a report function. It seems like every game someone is getting reported for something, I'm pretty sure I had a match where someone got reported for not speaking english.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 01:30:00 PM

What about those tribunals?  A lot noise when they were first announced, but nothing since they were released.

"Me am play gods"
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

So, I've been loving me some Leona lately. I generally build her Tank/CDR, full tank if it's a tough game...and more offensively-minded if we get the upper hand early...
Her early initiation is so powerful - once I hit 3, with a good lane partner people just start dying.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 11:02:34 PM

That poor Jax, did his team just wait for him to engage, die, THEN engage themselves? I get alot of teams like that playing him.

Steam Profile
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #55 on: September 21, 2011, 11:19:58 PM

Annie is  Hello Kitty  Heart

Feels like cheating at this level.  My last 3 games have been 8/2/4, 8/2/2 (solo middle against fiddle/ashe), and 10/2/7 (some dude was ganking my last hits).  Usually most creep kills by a lot. Most of my deaths are pure noob stupidity (1 v 3.. DIVE DIVE DIVE).  I died last game and at the same time found out the summoner platform has a turret on it.  Never knew that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:21:59 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 11:56:17 PM

Funny thing with the summoner platform. It used to be diveable. And Rammus and other armor tanks used to be able to tank it without giving a single fuck.

When they first changed it, needless to say, my first dive and subsequent insta death was abit embarrassing.

Steam Profile
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 12:45:13 AM

When you are losing in a bot game...

You can usually drag them up there for a "sure" kill.... Nice way to get a few extra bucks and a few extra minutes.

Actually, have had a couple games where that gave us the time to run up to their base and win.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 03:21:04 AM

Had a really good ranked game just now with Janna. Ended in a surrender, our team just worked really well together.

No raging, communication. Was just great, love it when I get teammates like this.

LoL Replay for those interested.

Fiddle was a murder machine.

And link to the LoL Replay site in case you aren't using it already.

Steam Profile
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 03:39:00 AM

I just tried AP Soraka in a bot game

Starfall wtf?  awesome, for real

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 22, 2011, 06:57:23 AM

Decided it was time hop back on the Udyrtrain, and played a couple solo ranked games last night...

First game, I was first pick and took Udyr. The rest of the team argued about champ picks, and the last spot we needed some sort of support. FUCK THAT, dude says, and goes Jax. I pretty much considered this a loss before the game started.  We needed a tank so I fired up my Phoenix Udyr runes and masteries and proceeded to carry the team to victory going 13-5-18. The Jax ended up doing fine, and our Kennen was pretty damn good. I was seemingly everywhere that game, at turrets defending and clearing waves when we had a man down, ganking, diving, finishing champs. One of those games when flash just comes up right when you need it, and instead of guys getting away with a C-hair of life I actually land that last shot and retreat from the tower with 50 hp. 

Final item build - Wits End, Randuin's Omen, Merc Treads, Phage, Sunfire Cape, Force of Nature

Next game, I was first pick again and took Udyr. Annie, Kennen, Taric, and some AD champ. I decided we lacked physical damage, and that players may go heavy MR, so I changed into DPS Jungle Tiger Udyr. I wrecked them. Ganks were spot on, ended up having triforce at some ridiculously early mark...and finished 11-3-7. The Taric disconned roughly 10 times that game and we still won convincingly.

Final Item Build - Wriggle's Lantern, Tri-force, Brutalizer, Avarice Blade (making Ghostblade)

I frikkin' love Udyr. You can lane with him. You can jungle with him. You can counter-jungle with him. You can tank with him, you can DPS with him. You can build physical or Magic damage. And on the con side, you can be kited.

5-1 Baby... LEZ GO.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 09:26:55 AM

I just tried AP Soraka in a bot game

Starfall wtf?  awesome, for real

Fought against a fed AP soraka...it was hmmm... unpleasant.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 11:09:05 AM

I have to say, getting a kill off (as Trist) when you're in mid versus a duo (!) Teemo/Gragas is pretty darn satisfying.

Follow up notes:
a) Jungle Rammus with Heal/Fortify is the new meta! or....maybe he just kinda sucked.
b) We still perfected them (11-0) anyway.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 11:12:51 AM

o.O Heal/Fortify for a jungler? That's dodgable offense.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 11:29:01 AM

I take it you're in the master league to legitimize your prissiness?
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:07 AM

No, but I'm pretty damn good jungler. Junglers who do not run smite are drastically slowing down their jungling speed and leaving themselves open to having their buffs trivially stolen by the opposing team. I don't care if you are jungling with Nunu or Fiddle. You take smite. With Rammus it is even more offensive. His jungling slows down dramatically after his first couple passes and any changes to his build to make him a better jungler distract from his tank build.

One of Rammus' major flaws as a jungler is that he is very susceptible to being disrupted by counter jungling. Without smite you are both forced to start at blue, and will be hard pressed to recover your jungle if it is stolen.

A fast jungle is also extremely important for Rammus because he's an amazing ganker. The time he wastes dry humping golems could be much better spent bouncing between mid and top smashing faces.

Also unless they changed it in a recent path the fortify buff against creeps doesn't apply to monsters, so that isn't helping his jungle either. The cooldown on heal is long enough that he probably takes more damage from the lack of smite than he gets back from the heal.

A bad jungler greatly reduces a teams chance of winning. I'm going to stick to my original assessment of dodgable.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 22, 2011, 11:51:56 AM

Yeah, to be honest, I had no idea he was jungling until I saw the cloth/pots buy. I mean, fortify is a pretty bad summoner choice, but I was just excited to have a tank, any tank, in solo queue madness.

But at the point I asked him to cover in mid and I was lvl7 to his lvl3...well, problems.

Also, Boots/Thornmail/Thornmail was his build by the end. The second one is in case the first one goes out of warranty.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 22, 2011, 11:53:09 AM

Heal/fortify on anybody is a dodgable offense :)

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #68 on: September 22, 2011, 12:29:46 PM

So what ARE good summoner spell choices? I tend to run some combo of heal/ignite/teleport though I used to run smite. Am I missing something I should be taking? And I do realize they are dependent on the type of champ you pick, just not necessarily what's good for the different types.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 12:54:04 PM

Once you get flash, always run flash. Otherwise I pick teleport if no one has it or if I think I'll be in a really brutal lane, ignite if I'm playing a faceroll champ like annie or ryze, and exhaust otherwise. As Shen I always take heal since I tend to be ulting on someone because they are in trouble and need all the help they can get. I'll also pick clairvoyance if there isn't anything I desperately need and we don't have one. As a jungler I pretty much always take smite/flash. You aren't dealing with invasions yet at your level, but once you do it is really nice to have a get of jail free card.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: