Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356903 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: September 22, 2011, 01:09:49 PM

Teleport and Clairvoyance are both good options for supports. Clairvoyance is really handy for both self preservation and chasing people down. Clarity has value for some heroes, particularly mana-hungry DPS. Smite is really just for junglers.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 01:23:45 PM

So what ARE good summoner spell choices? I tend to run some combo of heal/ignite/teleport though I used to run smite. Am I missing something I should be taking? And I do realize they are dependent on the type of champ you pick, just not necessarily what's good for the different types.

flash is pretty much staple escape spell, some people like ghost instead but I tried it several times and its just not same. Exception is on someone like Ashe when you take both

exhaust is good choice if enemy team has many ADs. Ignite is good if they have HP regen/heal champs .Its good on bursty champs in early game

teleport is very good spell if you plane to split lane push or solo lane. Smite is obviously for jungling.

I dont use anything else albeit cleanse seems like it could be useful on some ADs and  clairvoyance/clarity on support
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 02:00:40 PM

Ghost is very good for takedowns if you're melee.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:46 PM

I would say for newbies: Ghost / Heal.

Because the worst thing you can do is die. If you have a mediocre laning phase and are 0/0, that's not the end of the world. And heal will help you stay there.

Heal sucks late game. But you won't get to the late game if your team is already in disarray, most games are won or lost by 20 in.

Ghost, until you can get flash, is good almost everywhere. You'll use it often for chasing, escaping, whatever.

Now, once you get comfortable at those, you can start substituting in Exhaust (good for any ranged AD character, and every melee character), Teleport (good if you like backdooring towers, or making sure you don't miss a team fight), or Ignite (good for early kills).
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 22, 2011, 02:21:31 PM

Exhaust is hilarious when someone tries to towerdive you.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: September 22, 2011, 03:13:03 PM

For a melee on the offensive I want to say I prefer ghost to flash because of the duration. However ghost/flash is a good overall combo too but ghost allows you to stick to a target in a way flash doesn't.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 22, 2011, 03:28:01 PM

I am really terrible at using flash  awesome, for real

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #77 on: September 22, 2011, 04:49:38 PM

Flash makes me do reckless things.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #78 on: September 22, 2011, 05:34:02 PM

I really wish flash would leave the game. And heal, too.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: September 22, 2011, 06:21:14 PM

So what ARE good summoner spell choices? I tend to run some combo of heal/ignite/teleport though I used to run smite. Am I missing something I should be taking? And I do realize they are dependent on the type of champ you pick, just not necessarily what's good for the different types.

Always flash, unless you have some amazing super-pro strategy that says otherwise.

If you are jungling smite.

One person on team should have clairvoyance. You'd be amazed how many deaths you can save by CVing a bush and finding a guy waiting to gank in it, especially on teams that don't ward a lot. One person having Fortify is not a terrible idea but also not necessary.

Exhaust is really good against melee AD attackers, as the attack speed slow hurts them a lot as does the movement speed slow. (Can't hit you if they can't catch you) Against a team that has someone like Tryndamere or Xin you really want an exhaust. Ignite is good for anyone offense-minded and often makes the difference between getting an early kill and just missing it.

Teleport is good if you have a strategy that can make use of it. For example if you are going to farm top and your teammates are going to drop wards during fights so you can teleport to them and join them. Or if you are good ganker and will teleport to hidden wards to gank or something like that. I would generally only take it if I had a plan for how I was going to use it.

Heal/clarity are not often used once you stop being a beginner, and are generally a good indicator that someone new. Late game stuff like exhaust and ignite are still very effective while heal/clarity are not, especially heal.

There are a few champion specific strategies that can work, like revive or clarity on Karthus, ghost or cleanse on nasus, etc.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 22, 2011, 06:25:35 PM

Yeah, I'd like to say, my ghost rec is only based on newbies not having flash.

I don't know, I don't run flash on my morgana (Teleport/Ignite). I just always feel like I rarely get into situations where I care enough to flash out. I know flash in/ult is worth something, but I'm not sure it's worth the be anywhere virtue.

I'm really surprised they haven't taken the DOTA approach: flash only works when you're out of combat for 3 seconds. Good on offense, sucks on defense. That gives a nice role to ghost as the versatile mobility spell.

I'm also kind of surprised, with the way they tweak champions pretty much every 2-3 weeks, that they haven't bothered to worry about about the obviously useless summoner spells like Rally and such.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 22, 2011, 06:35:00 PM

God, Morgana without Flash is totally gimping her.

1) E on self
2) Flash into middle of team fight
3) Ult
4) Click Zhonya's
5) Profit

*If you don't have Zhonya's, you can drop a pool/snare while your ult is channeling.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:56 PM

Fiddle without flash, Galio without flash etc...  ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 22, 2011, 06:43:30 PM

I don't usually run flash on Taric.

But otherwise, ya.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 22, 2011, 06:50:25 PM

I never run Flash on Kog'Maw, run ghost and mobility boots on him instead. He is so damn squishy, I found that if you find yourself in a situation where you need to flash out, you're likely dead anyhow. Ghost comes in more handy for mobility purposes and farming up lanes fast.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 22, 2011, 07:12:41 PM

I do Exhaust/Smite on Trundle when I'm jungling. I rarely need Flash defensively since his kit is amazing for escapes, and Exhaust facilitates ganks so much better since it lets both you and your teammate get extra hits in.

Otherwise, I never leave Flash at home.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50:43 AM

1) E on self
2) Flash into middle of team fight
3) Ult
4) Click Zhonya's
5) Profit

*If you don't have Zhonya's, you can drop a pool/snare while your ult is channeling.

Alright, alright, I accept defeat. So Flash/Ignite?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 23, 2011, 12:03:55 PM

So, insta-lock Yi. I should really queue dodge, right? But I flick through my usual suspects (Amumu/Ali/Trist/Morg/Brand), and somebody's like "mumu if you're jungling".  I ask for a leash, they're fine with that, so it's on. Ori on top, Kog'Maw mid, Trynd/Yi bot.

Except Yi dies before the 1 minute mark. And then before 2 minutes, there's a double kill on the bottom lane. And you know what, we remain totally quiet about it.

So, you know, the jungle is going fine, it's always nice to roam both jungles uncontested, I get off a gank or two, and bottom lane is feeding central. The three of us who aren't running around with swords actually get a 3 for 0 a team fight in mid. And then another.

So it's at the point where our two AD carries are 1/20 total, we're losing the kill battle by 10, we've taken 0 turrets, but the other team takes a surrender vote. And then we mop them up once more, and then it's GG.

Another lesson in not spending your time yapping at each other, and just playing on.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 23, 2011, 12:15:07 PM

So, insta-lock Yi. I should really queue dodge, right? But I flick through my usual suspects (Amumu/Ali/Trist/Morg/Brand), and somebody's like "mumu if you're jungling".  I ask for a leash, they're fine with that, so it's on. Ori on top, Kog'Maw mid, Trynd/Yi bot.

Except Yi dies before the 1 minute mark. And then before 2 minutes, there's a double kill on the bottom lane. And you know what, we remain totally quiet about it.

So, you know, the jungle is going fine, it's always nice to roam both jungles uncontested, I get off a gank or two, and bottom lane is feeding central. The three of us who aren't running around with swords actually get a 3 for 0 a team fight in mid. And then another.

So it's at the point where our two AD carries are 1/20 total, we're losing the kill battle by 10, we've taken 0 turrets, but the other team takes a surrender vote. And then we mop them up once more, and then it's GG.

Another lesson in not spending your time yapping at each other, and just playing on.

When you put yi AND tryndemere bot and your suppose stfu because there is no way they won't feed.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 23, 2011, 02:39:40 PM

When you put yi AND tryndemere bot and your suppose stfu because there is no way they won't feed.

You know, they were up against a gangplank/udyr lane, so actually, they should have been able to hold that fine. You know, maybe that's not the best lane composition, but if somebody in this low level stuff says they can do solo top 1v2, I kind of want that person solo top.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 23, 2011, 03:00:53 PM

Played a ranked game last night as Morgana mid went 14-4 ending with full stack Mejai, Deathcap, RoA, Hourglass, Boots.

Oh yeah, we also lost that game.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 23, 2011, 03:05:11 PM

I hate Mejai's because it is such a risky item to buy on Morgana. Seems like every time I decide to buy it after having a game where it would have made me faceroll, I get in a game where there are few kills and I am never near any of them.

For it to be truly effective you need to buy it early, but if you don't get and keep 10+ stacks on it late game it ends up being 1400g that would have been better spent. But I tend to be more of an assist getting type than a kill getting type.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: September 23, 2011, 05:21:06 PM

Mejais seems like a "win more" item in that it's mostly good in games you were already going to win. If you are able to get a bunch of kills and assists without dying much you'll be higher level and have more money than the other team probably and be well on your way to winning. A good start already helps you so much I don't want an item that turns a good start into an even better one, I want an item that can help me recover from a mediocre one.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 23, 2011, 08:03:10 PM

For Morg I honestly have more luck just buying boots and 3 Doran's rings before moving on to anything else.  I try to play other heroes though because if I play her constantly it's just faceroll over and over.   At my skill level nobody really understands how to deny her farming.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 23, 2011, 08:24:09 PM

I just looked at the enemy list and cringed. I knew we were going to get face-rolled. Especially when we our Malzahar was afk the first 4 minutes.

I was top with Ashe, and we whittled down Tryndamere and Teemo then I jumped out of the bushes and somehow got a double kill, while Teemo's poison got me.

Once I got back up, Ashe and I took them out a couple more times, I might have died again to Teemo's poison. Then Akali started rolling kills. So we went and shut her down. After that it was a few traded team fights, then we took out two towers while most of the team was dead and they surrendered.  I really need to work on getting more creep kills as a melee. It's darn tough against range.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #95 on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:19 PM

Just won a ranked game singlehandedly as Singed. They rolled my 4 teammates and were headed to baron to really fuck us. I predict the move, arrive there with about 1/3 baron health left, run into the entire 5 ma,n poisoning, and i waited till the tiniest silver of health to fling Nashor.

+300 G!

I die. My 4 teammates get baron. HUGE game swing. WOO

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #96 on: September 24, 2011, 12:25:18 AM

Man, I had a weird game today where this Gangplank (and obvious smurf) was giving me a ton of shit.  He said something every time he got a kill on me or even when someone else did.  I was 15/5/3 and solo pushed mid past an Annie (with others thrown in at times) to the point where I had downed the inhibitor without a soul around me.  The Annie was getting tooled so bad they had a Mordkaiser stand in as punching dummy as she tried to gank other lanes.

Gangplank: "hey cait, where you think you're going"
me: "your base, mostly"

He got me 3 times but not before I was solo pushing the towers near the nexus. Most of his kills were of the team variety as well (fing Taric).  Still.. yap yap yap.  

Gangplank in top: "You're only winning because my stupid team fed you".. as I calmly solo down the Nexus, while he's still in top trying to kill the Cho'gal that led off the game with "ok, guys, tell me what to do, first game".  

Next game was almost as weird.   Game had 4 guys that had queued together and  I think were just on lower level chars.  All Brazilians. Told me to go mid.  Good players and that was a good thing because the Morgana in mid (solo) was pretty damn tough.  8/1/13 and got some good shots off.  Trap is a godsend, but I need to get better as escapes in general.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:28:28 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: September 24, 2011, 01:18:29 AM

2nd game seems odd due to the lack of creeps you killed.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: September 24, 2011, 02:04:26 AM

Ended up in a dominion game with a Riot staff member last night, as well as one with one of the Epik Gaming guys who was streaming at the time.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:06:03 AM by Mosesandstick »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #99 on: September 24, 2011, 04:07:57 AM

Still bad at last hitting and first time v morg.  Last half of the game seemed to be mostly team fights in my lane.

-Rasix
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: September 24, 2011, 06:54:23 AM

First win without a death!

Their Brand really wasn't very good, and once I got ahead it was easy. I think they had a pretty rubbish team overall.

Had a fun game playing AP Soraka in Mid too

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: September 24, 2011, 01:33:20 PM

That Cho'Gath couldn't maintain 1 cs per minute.  ACK!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: September 24, 2011, 04:54:00 PM

Still bad at last hitting and first time v morg.  Last half of the game seemed to be mostly team fights in my lane.

One trick is to take out the back ones first.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #103 on: September 24, 2011, 05:56:11 PM

I love Leona. I think I went something like 13 and 4 with her today.

I think that game started with my and GP v Mord and Rammus...they got absolutely schooled at every opportunity.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: September 27, 2011, 06:50:54 AM

I could be doing it wrong but I never find last hitting with morg in the early game to be very game changing. it helps for sure but as soon as your circle is rank 3 you can kill an entire wave of creeps by placing it in the center and will get last hit on all of them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: