Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356841 times)
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

on: September 18, 2011, 04:58:45 PM

So, making this thread because I just play the most  swamp poop game I've ever had.

I figure everyone has games like this, where they just need to tell someone.

Ok, so pre-match.

Insta-Lock Janna
Insta-Lock Sona
Talon
Riven
I pick Tryn but don't lock, namely just to prevent anyone taking him.

Before this match, I had someone dodge, and in that setup, there was an instalock Tryn with revive, so figured it best to pre-empt him in case I got stuck with him again.

Sona and Janna announce they are premade and will be laning together. Ok, not optimal, two supports, same lane, no real tank picked yet, but whatever, we'll roll with it.

Once everyone is locked in, I think about taking a tank myself, but figure this isn't going to go well any way we slice it, so I take Jax and decide the jungle. Riven can solo lane.

Game starts, Riven starts to go top to take the solo lane. Janna and Sona are going there as well. We ask them to go bot so Riven can solo top. They refuse. Riven trys explaining to them that top is the better solo lane, so the two on bot can def dragon ect; I try explaining to Riven that they are premade, and more than likely will refuse to listen to any logic, so just go bot. They keep saying they are premade and they said they were premade, and why won't we let them be premade, we are huge noobs; ect;

Fight breaks out top, Sona dies, Riven and Janna kill one, then chase the other into our jungle where Talon cuts him off and we pick up a second kill. Meanwhile at blue the bot lane tries to gank me and steal blue but fails horribly and I flash out at half health and recall and buy some more potions with the intention of continuing jungle.
Sona is going back top by now, Riven is still trying to get them to just go bot already.

All chatting commencing from Sona and Janna calling everyone else on our team noobs, plz report, ect; the standard fair. I'm still jungling concidering going bot but deciding against it, as I've pretty much figured out the pattern of this game by now. This is going to be a 3/2 failed surrender vote at 20. Going bot at this point would only serve as a delaying tactic to a clearly lost game.

I tell Riven and Talon as much, Riven has also stated as much. By this time we are about 10 minutes in, and the other team as 15 or so kills, to our 5. 2 of which are mine on ganks on mid.

Talon proceeds to say he is going to report me for killstealing the mid kills and I'm a huge noob. I'm vailidated about how this game is going to turn out now, when all of a sudden Riven does a 180 and throws his hat into the ring about reporting me as well. Because I didn't defend the bot tower... but neither did he, as this entire time he has been top, with Sona and Janna...  swamp poop

We manage a surrender at 20, with 1 voting no. By this team the entire team is saying they will be reporting me.  swamp poop

On second thought, lets not play LoL, tis a silly game.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:33:22 PM

Clearly your fault for not letting them go three top.  why so serious?

I had a really shitty game myself just now, where I ended up top as Garen along with Irelia, vs a solo Garen on the other side. Things seem to be going okay, but around level 3-4, Irelia suddenly decides that two against Garen top is overkill, and goes jungling - in the middle of a skirmish with Garen, who hits level 5 and proceeds to kill my level 3 ass. After that I could only delay the inevitable, as Irelia never showed her face back up top again, whilst Garen kept having a level & gear advantage against me and subsequently out-zoned and out-creeped me, and even managed to run off to get a couple of kills in mid. 

While I didn't die to him again, I couldn't do anything other than harass him, try to stay alive, and try to keep the minions off the tower. Eventually I'm at the point, healthwise, where he'll be able to take me out with a tower-dive, so I'm forced to recall - all the while trying to get Irelia to cover me up top. No such luck, she continues jungling - now 3 levels behind everyone else on our team. Garen takes out the tower at top, and from there on out owns everyone on my team apart from me - since I'm the only one with enough sense to not go head-to-head with the dude in solo-mode. I have barely managed to scrape together enough gold to stack a few Doran's Blades but nothing else, and once Garen proceeds to wreck house - I get all the blame for "buying shitty items and not handling Garen top".  Facepalm

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:36:24 PM

So wait.  Instead of giving it up Riven stayed top and left bot lane empty?  Facepalm  Seeing stuff like that makes me feel there really is something wrong with the Elo system.   Someone that dumb should be tanking their Elo to 700 or whatever.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:06:30 PM

I had a similar occurrence where an insta-lock yi said "I am going top no matter what" even though we had already said "Morgana mid, Nasus solo-lane." So when Nasus went bottom solo lane and our other non-jungler went top Yi proceeded to go fuck up our jungler by running around in the jungle and not playing with the team at all. Calling us all noobs the whole time and whining about his solo-top lane. Eventually one of the other people tried to tell my friend (who was playing Nasus) that it was all his fault for not letting Yi have his way. The other team was terrible so we ended up playing for like 45 minutes before we finally lost because 4v5 was just not working out.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 11:23:10 PM

One of my RL friends was being a real shit and trolling the whole game. I apologised for his behaviour and a random in the game decided that I needed to be reported as well.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 11:37:16 PM

Now that there is a good "Wait, what?" moment.

Steam Profile
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 01:33:54 AM

Do you get a notification when someone reports you?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 01:37:06 AM

Nope, frankly from what I've seen, the report button seems to do fuck all. Maybe it works in the NA server, but I've never heard of anyone getting punished over here from reports. Also seen obvious trolls around for months. I've heard of people having their names changed tho.

Steam Profile
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 03:37:44 AM

Riot has said they've suspended and banned tons of people, so maybe they are doing something. The systems appears to be much better at catching people who go out of their way to piss everybody off in a game.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 05:08:11 AM

NE Europe's problem seems to be people ragequitting or going afk at the slightest setback. One dude died two times and gave up in a huff. Kind of annoying, but oh well. 
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 05:08:25 AM

On my 2nd account I had reported enough to get an email saying I was a level 1 leaver and to not do it anymore!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 06:46:23 AM

Nothing better than getting someone to ragequit on you. I take it as a sign I'm getting better at the game when I see things like:

FUCK
YOU
MORG

or have people quit after I've killed them in the middle lane twice in a row(I'm looking at you cait) They don't like it when you shield and just run over all their traps.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:55:43 AM by Lakov_Sanite »

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:14 AM

I don't stress about normal games anymore. Its a place I learn stuff and try troll builds.  Its more fun this way. Was playing this newly introduced "normal draft" mode this weeked, one match was funny. I was  practicing my newly learned skill of  jungling and picked tryndamer with smite. After this there was guy who picked  yi with  ignite and revive . I asked him to pick something tanky but he ignored so whatever. game starts this dude sits at wolves! - I ask wtf?! - "i am jungling".. I LoL and kill wolves together with him. then wraiths then golems .Its not enough to level so I decide what the heck and go to enemy jungle to continue...  Rest of the game I was dodging enemy ganks and trolling yi by stealing all his buffs with smite ( he was saying "merda" and something else too ) :)

Surprisingly we won the game as the other team was terribad

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:59:04 AM by Dark_MadMax »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 12:29:37 PM

I am a bad player. I have been trying to learn as many champs as I can, so I'm usually pretty terrible with any champ I play because it's likely the first time I've played them. I'm also currently level 10 so experienced players should probably figure out my n00bness. I have a system. I will likely die first or multiple times by tower diving or just getting caught out. If someone starts bitching about my play after the first or second death, they get put on ignore and told to fuck off. I also tend to get better as the game goes on (that whole learning about the champ thing).

Amazingly, I've got more wins than losses.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 06:19:56 PM

So just had a good game as Leonia. Got paired with a Wukong monkey man and we pretty much abused our opposing Talon/Singed at-will between my stun+burst and whatever Wukong does.

Unfortunately, our jungle Fiddle was underwhelming, Maokai kind of got owned in his solo lane, and our MF in mid didn't do a damn thing, sucked at farming, and didn't have piss for items or damage.

Lost 5 v 4 after their Talon raged out after getting reamed a few times...Hate when I waste good games - I even avoided a 4v1 gank by actually remembering to place totems.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 10:43:07 PM

Their first mistake was not giving Singed a solo lane.

But you sound like you are getting there. I still wonder wtf wukong does besides spin and invis for a sec :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 12:52:04 AM

Singed was on the other team.

The problem was not noticing Maokai doing horrible until too late I think. When you have a lane partner doing really well, you sometimes zone out and don't realize how bad other lanes are doing.

Steam Profile
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 02:05:56 AM

I still wonder wtf wukong does besides spin and invis for a sec :)

Wuklong is awesome at laning. He can probably out-lane most of the popular solo top champs because his early game burst is pretty good and Decoy is great for harassing (either to get out without punishment, or to get in range of someone for your burst without having them retreat).

After the laning phase ends he's pretty worthless though. He doesn't scale well so your damage will be paltry mid-late game. Buying any tanky items on him means that you you won't have enough damage to be a threat in team-fights, which means you end up pretty squishy focusing mostly on damage items. An aoe knock-up ult is always going to be okay, but that's all he has going for him after the first 15-20 minutes. He's probably the weakest champion out of the past 10 or so.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 09:40:19 AM

I was being bad troll last night.  We had jungle nunu I was solo cait. We were rolling them pretty solidly , nunu kept insulting me though ( I died once to tower  - too careless , we were rolling them). I had a ward at enemy blue so I go and kill enemy yi trying take it and then almost killed golem but nunu comes and takes "mah blu" :( I throw a few insults around while nunu proclaims I am worthless and he is "carrying team" (he was doing pretty decent  - 3/1 vs my 5/2 ) .then I said something about "lol nunu carry" and he asks team who they prefer me or him

Well I say "lets see " and went afk. My team went from 30/10 lead  and all mid towers down to losing at 50 minutes. (still having kill lead though). I do feel kinda bad... but there is something in LoL which just makes me troll sometimes :(
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 09:42:27 AM

Perhaps it's that the bad part of the community really is a pack of gibbering thundercunts with Tourette's and Napoleon complex?

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 09:55:15 AM

heh, reminds me of when I play Janna

I'll get called worthless killstealer by some carry who has something like 12 kills thanks to me, if I land my w and get the killshot while someone is fleeing. Guessing they base this off me always having scores like 1/2/23.

Once that happens I like to play the "have all the kills yourself game" with them. Where I keep playing, and once they engage I just ditch and turn back. I'm worthless anyhow, so I'm sure he will do fine without me  why so serious?

Steam Profile
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 10:22:51 AM

I think there is a genuine and real lack of comprehension of what the support roles actually means amongst the solo queue. I had a 5v5 game last night playing Karma and had to solo mid lane because no one else would. We ended up losing. Mind you, we had a Caitlyn (who I've been told should ALWAYS takes mid) who proceeded to wander between bot and mid while Sion and I think Gangplank doubled up top.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 10:40:28 AM

Yeah, Cait rocks mid, GP can also do mid very well, so in that game, there is no way you should have been regulated to mid

Steam Profile
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 10:48:31 AM

Especially when there were 2 taking top lane and I think only 1 bottom with a jungle somewhere.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 11:10:56 AM

While this seems like an asshole thing to do. In situations like that, rather than indulge them and take mid when you know better, just don't say a thing, unless they ask IF you will mid. Then say no. Otherwise, keep quiet and just goto a sidelane.

Way I see it, you're likely to lose anyhow with a team like that, if you take mid or not. By refusing to do mid, you give them two options. One they can MTFU and go take mid like they should have done in the first place, or two they can play with no mid.

Either option works in your favor. With the first you have a chance at perhaps winning the game, with the second, you'll have a quicker game if you get "no surrender" retards.

Steam Profile
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 11:12:51 AM

Blitzcrank on free rotation this week is going to make me sad.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 11:19:21 AM

Cactus time for me.  Question is do I try a bot game to learn him or inflict that upon some poor helpless saps.

-Rasix
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 01:55:42 PM

I think there is a genuine and real lack of comprehension of what the support roles actually means amongst the solo queue. I had a 5v5 game last night playing Karma and had to solo mid lane because no one else would. We ended up losing. Mind you, we had a Caitlyn (who I've been told should ALWAYS takes mid) who proceeded to wander between bot and mid while Sion and I think Gangplank doubled up top.

There is just a very big lack of comprehension in general on many things in solo queue normal.  Last night I ended up laning with a Yi who was being a newb and auto hitting the creeps.   I was doing proper last hitting and he suddenly got mad at me and told me to stop kill stealing.   He said any mob that he'd done 95% of the damage too belonged to him. 

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 02:35:29 PM

I bought Xin Zhao just in time for him to roll in as a freebie, and now everyone and their dog is playing him. I guess it masks my helpless flailing as I learn to play him, but I'm not feeling special anymore. Had to buy the Dreadlord Nasus skin to compensate. It might also be time to DEMACIAAAA!!! because there's a weird surge of melee champs lately.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 02:39:37 PM

There is just a very big lack of comprehension in general on many things in solo queue normal.  Last night I ended up laning with a Yi who was being a newb and auto hitting the creeps.   I was doing proper last hitting and he suddenly got mad at me and told me to stop kill stealing.   He said any mob that he'd done 95% of the damage too belonged to him.
Imagine that you are a noob LoL player, and you're unable to get any minion kills because your lane partners keep last-hitting all the minions you're trying to kill. What would an appropriate reaction?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 02:42:02 PM

Imagine that you are a noob LoL player, and you're unable to get any minion kills because your lane partners keep last-hitting all the minions you're trying to kill. What would an appropriate reaction?

Cry like a little girl?

I just started playing Jax last night and I have to say, I have a rough time last hitting the first 6 levels. If my lane partner is Sivir or some other quick toon then I might as well just stand around.

Though to the above question, I usually try to let my lane partner last hit half-ish of the minions as long as they are actually *trying* to last hit.

- Viin
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 03:07:11 PM

Jax is great for that; an empowered swing will let you kill the creeps before Xena can do anything to them. It will slow down your farm a little bit, but you should still get some monies that way. It's also definitely worth picking up gold/5 items in cases like that. It will maike your mid game suck, but you should still be somewhat useful.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 05:01:37 PM

I'm 5-1-1 in a ranked game as Udyr, dominating. Score total was like 12-3

Our Lee Sin drops at level 7 and never comes back. We fight it out but lose. 2-1 is bullshit, 3-0 sounds way better :(

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 05:30:34 PM

Stop auto attacking.  Aka at least try to last hit.  I'm 28 though so he wasn't even a noob.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:32:05 PM by Amaron »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 05:47:13 PM

Other option would be to go jungle. Or just stand back and take the exp.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: