Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356947 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1155 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:55 AM

I did not know that.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Also, I've discovered I really fucking hate playing Ashe. I've dicked around with her a bit in Dominion just to learn her a bit and I played her in a regular blind game last night because the ranked queues were down. She's a very effective champ. She's just BORING. Boring as fuck. She really only has 1 active ability she uses regularly, her hawkshot is a useful utility but not really something active and her ult is really the only fun part of her makeup. Otherwise, her entire gameplay is getting in the right position and letting auto attack crit-stomp the opponents into paste or chase them down when they run. She's probably good to learn ADC on, but man, I have no desire to play her like EVER.

Totally agree on this.  She's the best ADC teaching tool as you have to really master positioning and movement between firing with her.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #1156 on: February 01, 2013, 12:06:37 PM

You guys must really not enjoy kiting  awesome, for real.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1157 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31:01 PM

She's the best ADC teaching tool as you have to really master positioning and movement between firing with her.

why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1158 on: February 01, 2013, 12:36:00 PM

I do not.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #1159 on: February 01, 2013, 12:37:07 PM

Whoops, I sure didn't grok that properly.

I'm the opposite, Ashe is my favourite carry because of how carefully she has to tread that line between safety and danger.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1160 on: February 01, 2013, 02:11:45 PM

I know what you are saying, she's a great learning tool and I often go back to her when I'm playing sloppy. The focus is on Ashe, not her kit. If there was one thing that Riot could do to help noobies it's create a simple "Ashe" version of each role and have them in a mini game to help to learn the game. Come to think of that, it's probably why she's in the tutorial.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1161 on: February 01, 2013, 03:01:35 PM

Ashe can also be played hilariously as Kitelord. Stack CDR and damage. Volley on 2.4 second CD.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1162 on: February 01, 2013, 05:24:38 PM

Just went 7/0/4 with Yorick to force a 28min surrender.  This is after I've spent the last week or so trying to branch out and try some other champs like Viktor and Rengar, with most of those matches ending in losses.

I believe I've found my niche. awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1163 on: February 01, 2013, 05:46:29 PM

Ashe can also be played hilariously as Kitelord. Stack CDR and damage. Volley on 2.4 second CD.

Volley cast time sucks though.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1164 on: February 03, 2013, 11:15:53 PM

My luck with teammates lately has been really astoundingly bad.  Teleport/exhaust mummy jungle: faceplants into enemy botlane twice in a row.  Repeatedly walks over wards that I tell him are there (hell, all fucking jungles are doing this).  Low HP fiddle ults into a full HP Olaf. Dies in one reckless swing.  Top and mid both lock mid characters, both counterpick themselves hard.   It's always 2 lanes getting absolutely smeared, making any efforts on my end just lead to me dying and my score going really awful.  

Even when I crush a botlane, my damn ADC can't last hit for crap and thus end result is a wash.

I'm going to blame the new system and not luck.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:17:43 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1165 on: February 04, 2013, 12:02:56 AM

Volley cast time sucks though.

Not really. Once the arrows are away start moving again. Its animation is actually pretty decent
Rasix

Reply #1166 on: February 04, 2013, 10:23:17 PM

Could only stomach one game today due crap like 4th pick announcing "top Garen" after first pick had called top.  It took a long time to explain to him he'd need to pick another role. So, he picks WW.. again with no smite. 

Luckily the other team's botlane + jungle go 1/20, feeding most of those kills to Ezreal.  Their Cho got plastered as well.  I was playing Sona for the first time in like 6 months.  Bitch is squishy as hell, but she sure can lay down some poke.

These players are all noticeably worse than what I was getting in my placement matches.  Usually the midlaners are competent but everyone else.. fucking terrible.  And I can say that not really playing my best at the moment. 

-Rasix
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1167 on: February 04, 2013, 11:21:10 PM

I took Annie out for a run. Love the new models etc and for once I was last hitting everything. I'd forgotten how much fun it was when the enemy can see your stun up and a Tibbers bomb is ready to be unloaded. People just run (until you get cocky and they gang up on you).

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1168 on: February 05, 2013, 10:54:32 AM

Continuing to climb the leveling ladder, just broke my 4 game loosing streak with a draft pick match that had me 20/2/17 with Yorick, my best numbers yet.  It helped that the Shen I was against in top was apparently a complete newbie with him, as I've never been fed so nicely.  After picking up Manamune and Warmogs, I was essentially unkillable.  Throw Frozen Heart and Spirit Visage into the mix and I was taking on three champs at a time with my ult  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1169 on: February 05, 2013, 11:57:53 AM

Lunch game tanked me. I only needed one win to get into promotion matches... and I get the fucking circus of twats. Two idiots who are 4th and 5th pick respectively beg to have bot lane together, but the 1st pick wants ADC and he gets it. AS HE SHOULD. I take Mao jungle since I didn't feel like stomping anyone below me (3rd pick), 2nd pick Panth top and 4th pick decides he'll support while 5th will mid. So it goes Cait, Panth, Mao, Lulu and TF mid... because TF counters the Morgana mid that had already picked. Not too sure about that but whatever.

I help Panth to 2 kills top lane against Garen and the jungling Xin, and we do a nice 3-kill bot against this Xin, Taric and MF and I'm thinking we are doing well. Then it all goes pear-shaped. TF gets laned hard. Oh and he also can't seem to stay in his lane, running around trying to do ganks in other lanes and getting absolutely SHIT ON. Xin gets fed thanks to this, Morgana gets fed, bot lane turret goes down and I am SEVERELY underleveled because I'm constantly trying to either help TF get a gank or cover his goddamn lane when he's dead... AGAIN. Lulu is apparently helping Cait about as much, which is not at all and they are both dying. At one point Xin was 4 levels above me and just roaming around looking for my ass to fill with his hot lance of love. Thankfully, these twats surrendered.

So with the little time I had left for lunch, I took Vi out in a game of Dominion, which we lost because our Kennen didn't move out of the spawn until about 10 minutes into it. We STILL almost won because my Vi was just a goddamn WRECKING BALL OF DEATH. 12/4/7 with the highest total of captures in the game. I must learn how to use her in ranked.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1170 on: February 05, 2013, 05:46:38 PM

Never gank morgana, its just not worth it. She will just black shield and walk out of the lane. If a lane against Morgana is losing, just have them stay in lane and farm. Ganking mid was your mistake.

TF counters morgana because morgana wants to shove the lane and then go gank side lanes. TF can shove just as hard and then either get tower damage (TF is one of the best tower pushers in the game) and then go gank side lanes. He is weak against fighting morgana since morg can easily black shield his stun card and he has no combat ult. But at the same time, he doesn't have to.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1171 on: February 05, 2013, 06:17:25 PM

I wasn't trying to gank her in lane. I was trying to help TF who was running all over the place trying to get ganks he had no business trying while his lane was feeding Morg easy farm and getting pushed. Like running headlong into a top lane with Garen and Xin that was pushed past the river bush or running into 3 bot.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1172 on: February 06, 2013, 11:06:33 AM

I have real trouble with games where people do not understand the whole team game concept.

"Having trouble in your lane? you're fucking problem, not mine."

If a lane is having issues they aren't going to magically start doing better.  Sometimes it's player skill and sometimes it's just hard counters but whatever the reason if one lane does terrible, you can't really expect anything you're doing to matter.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #1173 on: February 06, 2013, 04:30:37 PM

Likewise, you have those who think winning their lane is the bottom line.  You know the ones; they don't do shit after the laning phase but when the team loses "I did my job! I won my lane!"  Like that is the entirety of the game. 

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1174 on: February 07, 2013, 08:15:23 AM

So Vi is a MOTHERFUCKER, ain't she? Tried her in a Dominion game a few days ago, then got to jungle with her last night. Hell yeah, she is a blast to play. Lots of damage, enough sustain to stay in a fight, a good closer and her jungle clear time is really fast after the first round. Thought for sure we were screwed when the Teemo top against Jayce went badly. That Teemo was just SO BAD, and not a good matchup for him anyway. But our Morgana switched lanes, we got mid and top turrets down before bot finally got their turrets down and when team fights came around, the combo of Vi and Alistar's CC with Draven, Teemo and Vi damage and Morgana snares and shielding and damage just battered them down. Final play came when we got a 2nd Baron and Jayce got to close trying to longshot the Baron kill. I ult dunked him, Ali pushed him back into the path of the damage and we steamrolled to an ace after that. Turrets went down, then the nexus, GAME OVER.

Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #1175 on: February 07, 2013, 09:56:50 AM

I was that morgana btw :p. teemo was truly dreadful.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1176 on: February 07, 2013, 10:32:17 AM

Lost my goddamn promotion match at lunch. Had to play support as Taric - had a Cait who was too aggressive against a Ashe/Cho pairing in bot, a Lee Sin mid who couldn't handle a Morgana AT ALL and a Khazix who jumped AWAY from two turrets into a 3v1 IN OUR BASE and died. Not much I could fucking do with that arrangement. I did go 2/7/11 I think but it was a bad game. Nothing like getting dogpiled 4v1 trying to protect a turret in our spawn, then watching their entire team BYPASS the first line of nexus turrets to kill people DIRECTLY UNDER the last two nexus turrets, then proceed to destroy the two nexus turrets before being killed. BOTH OF THEM. Seriously, our nexus turrets were killed before our outer ring of turrets. HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN? Oh right, shitty team.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1177 on: February 07, 2013, 03:07:25 PM

It can't. Turrets are immune to damage if the structure ahead of them are alive. They had to have had an inhibitor.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1178 on: February 10, 2013, 12:41:24 AM

I think when you try to play seriously without pissing anyone off, your just going to get a bad team and lose anyway.

So lets start the game at champ select. I pick elisa jungle  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Bot is renken and talon.

Renken and Talon.

Top is last minute teemo.

Mid is ahri.

I already know its trolol feeder bot lane is coming. I've already have it in my head to get top and mid mighty fed, and go bottom nice and fat off of the other lane kills. By the way this troll lane is vs an ashe and blitz. Normal que hue, hue. So the beginning of the game goes as I suspect it will. Bot lane feeds first blood. I give teemo a kill on jarven. Than ahri a kill on teemo. Than a kill on oalf top and jarven. Basically going 4:1:2 in less than 8 minutes. Not bad. Than I go bot help them score a double at the enemy tower. Perfect. Than the reneken decides to push top. Reneken who silently went bottom decides that his under leveled, under farmed, ass needs to go top lane. Now that jarven is 0/2 and two levels above him he'll manage right? Except now talon feeds. And feeds. And feeds. And feeds. Teemo goes bottom and now he feeds. And feeds, and feeds. Feeling very annoyed, ahri starts dying in the process of going bottom. It quickly becomes apparent that none of them are even medicore players considering their elo and my only hope is that they have enough braincells between the 4 of them to follow pings and maybe, just maybe, priotize objectives.

I was wrong. So I call a surrender. Which they stubbornly decline. I'm a 10/4 elisa I can carry them right? Well no and even if I could, which I really couldn't, I don't want to. Why spend 50 minutes on a game that should have ended in 30? Because your bad and you herp derp simple things like being in the vicinity of team fights? Yeah no thanks. So I call a second surrender. Realizing that my teams only destiny is to literally flop like fishes for the enemy team. I mean if your BAD at least be bad in the "I'm too aggressive area" so I can actually have fun. Don't expect me to slowly watch you fail (as in being in the exact opposite side of the map doing nothing) to defend towers, dragon, baron, inhibitors, as you play like CLG with downsyndrome. So thankfully my laptop over heats and I mercifully dc. When I dc'ed there was a 3 kill deficit between our teams. When I cam back their lead extended to 15 kills. I was gone for 5 minutes. I call surrender. Still all no.

why so serious?

Thankfully the other team ended it with a baron push I lacklusterly defended. I wanted to tell them thank you, but global chat was disabled.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:48:10 AM by MediumHigh »
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #1179 on: February 10, 2013, 03:41:59 AM

So, I'm on such a weird winning streak right now, that I am fucking afraid to log into the game because I don't want to see the players it assigns me now. Usually, when I reach this point, I get someone letting their dog play for and ADC, a cactus who has just barely achieved sentience mid, and bot who is programmed to feed and spout out insults to everyone else on the team top. While my opponents appear to be Moscow 5 who are slumming it for a few games in normals, and each member has just been told that their girlfriends or significant other, has just broken up with them, to go out with ME.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1180 on: February 10, 2013, 06:53:24 AM

While my opponents appear to be Moscow 5 who are slumming it for a few games in normals, and each member has just been told that their girlfriends or significant other, has just broken up with them, to go out with ME.
So this is what's happening to me.  ACK!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Rasix

Reply #1181 on: February 10, 2013, 07:28:15 AM

So far in ranked:

7-2 with Taric
5-9 with everyone else

Outrageous.  Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1182 on: February 10, 2013, 02:04:24 PM

Since they added the league system in, the quality in teammates at the basement level ELO I sit has been wildly inconsistent. Two or three game win streak followed by abject fail train on the facerolling express. Lost 3 out of 4 once I hit promotion series the first time, and I just got back to the promotion series last night. I'm deatlhy afraid of what mongoloid rejects they'll stick me with now. I had to mute a Threash last night for continuing to douchetalk me and our Lux when our team was winning and really wasn't in much danger of losing most of the game.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #1183 on: February 10, 2013, 02:08:29 PM

From the streams lately it seems people overall try to play better in games.  (Overall!) Until you get to a series.  Then it's troll time.  Fuck your promotion!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1184 on: February 10, 2013, 02:57:44 PM

One game down, one more out of two to win. My unbeaten streak with Miss Fortune continues.

Rasix

Reply #1185 on: February 10, 2013, 04:06:38 PM

I spectate your games at times.  The item builds are just fucking out there.  Yours usually make sense, but your elo has some love for some really strange shit.   I think it's partially due to the low farm. 

You had some Nunu in your game last night that defied logic.  I'm sorry you got that guy.  I don't think I saw him blood boil you once.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1186 on: February 10, 2013, 06:11:18 PM

Was that the game where I was Cait? I think he boiled me once or twice.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1187 on: February 11, 2013, 12:01:07 AM

I suspect the easiest way to get elo fast is to play ADC. Everyone wants to go top, mid, or jungle and not sucking ass at bottom lane generally saves your team from losing a medicore game.
Rasix

Reply #1188 on: February 11, 2013, 06:56:58 AM

Provided you play the right champ, your support barely has to be conscious.  Although, that can be the part that's out of your control.  Lanes do snowball, and the worse player can win provided they get a few free kills.

At my ELO, it just seems to be whatever lane crushes the hardest, the fastest, and in the most demoralizing fashion. A Garen that stomps his lane is almost an autowin, unless your team is filled with idiots.   Generally, one team gets really outpicked and one side ends up with a comp that needs the stars to align to win.  Two lanes lose.  The first few teamfights go bad.  GG.  Everyone blames the jungle and support.

My ELO is still really weird.   The quality I'm getting in lanes has been varying wildly.  The solo lanes are awfully tough for me, even if they build like idiots.  I wasn't against the Wukong in my current match, but the guy was top and built two different legendary jungle items.  Still, he wrecked hard in team fights, because he's Wukong and people can't position for shit.   

I have to say: I love playing Taric, but you sure can become fucking useless at times.  If you're losing, you're just going to die a lot (this is support in general).  Late game?  You're just going to die a lot.  Make sure your auras are up and you exhaust the right person.  Somehow idiots still dive you like crazy. 

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1189 on: February 11, 2013, 07:02:19 AM

I've stopped caring about solo ranked, without any real time team coordination it's much more like rolling the dice than anything.  Sure you can carry to 'some' extent but if you got a bad roll on your teammates then it's still a loss.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: