Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:14:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 FINAL ROUND 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 FINAL ROUND  (Read 8250 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: September 12, 2011, 02:10:17 PM

Pre-Season 5 Drilling and Manliness - Round 6 of 6

HOLY SHIT Final Round FUUUCCCKKK

1    Emporers of the Pitch DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
2Chanson Dada DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
3Going Forth By Day DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
4Fianna Chulain DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
5Pro Elves for Hoes DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
6Bridgeburners DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
7Ermine Vermin DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
8Pound Pound Mantrain     DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
9Sissyfaced Nancies DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
10Aery Faery's (sic) DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
11Lesser Immortals DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
12Blue Line DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
13Calidor Fancypants DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
14Stir Fry DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
15Midnight Bleat Train DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
16Court of the Moon DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
17Howls and Bones DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
18The Fantasticks DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
19Kenosha Maroons DRILLING AND MANLINESS
20Festering Wounds DRILLING AND MANLINESS
21Wrong Games DRILLING AND MANLINESS
22Sons of the West DRILLING AND MANLINESS
23SPHINX DRILLING AND MANLINESS

FINAL ROUND FIXTURES

DRILLING AND MANLINESS  
DRILLING AND MANLINESS
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS
           Emporers of the Pitch
  3 - 1  
Chanson Dada
 Going Forth by Day
  2 - 1  
Fianna Chulain
 Pro Elves for Hoes
  2 - 1  
Lesser Immortals
 Bridgeburners
  1 - 2  
Ermine Vermin
 Pound Pound Mantrain
  ~vs~  
Blue Line
 Sissyfaced Nancies
  5 - 1  
Aery Faery's (sic)
 Calidor Fancypants
  ~vs~  
Court of the Moon
 Stir Fry
  ~vs~  
Midnight Bleat Train
 Howls and Bones
  ~vs~  
Festering Wounds
 The Fantasticks
  ~vs~  
SPHINX
 Kenosha Maroons
  0 - 2  
Wrong Games
 Sons of the West

BYE
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  
DRILLING AND MANLINESS
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS

TO BE PLAYED BY 19th SEPTEMBER 00:01 GMT+2

WTF, I don't even...

Who Is <insert team>?!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:53:12 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:15:45 PM

ICE - I think we're both Pacific time, so this shouldn't be too hard to get done.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:20:59 PM

I guess that would make things really straightforward IF YOU WERE PLAYING ICE CREAM EMPEROR.

Going Forth by Day  ~vs~  Fianna Chulain

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:22:00 PM

BILLY KANT REED

I don't think I've ever played Iain before - exciting!

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:27:51 PM

Ulysees, maybe I'll catch your UK butt this weekend, unless you happen to be up late some night later this week.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 02:54:07 PM

Fuck, I have to play another khemri team?  Cry

God Save the Horn Players
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 03:05:19 PM

Builds character.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 03:14:17 PM

At least I'll have both Javert and Valjean for this game. So they can both be killed.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 03:17:46 PM

At least I'll have both Javert and Valjean for this game. So they can both be killed.

It isn't like you didn't know that's how it ends.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 03:20:48 PM

SPOILERS!

Don't worry, my Khemri has not won a single game in its entire existence.  And they've only killed one or two players, tops!
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 03:36:49 PM

Okay, Ruvaldt. I am busy Thursday and one other random evening this week but I don't know what it is yet. Other than that I have a lot of free time, so perhaps keep an eye on Steam or set a time that works for you.

I am PST, as Ingmar mentioned.  awesome, for real
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 05:09:46 PM

It isn't like you didn't know that's how it ends.

Haha, ideally Javert kills himself while failing a dodge and Valjean gets crowdsurfed to death by a bunch of ragamuffins.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 06:29:06 PM

BILLY KANT REED

I don't think I've ever played Iain before - exciting!

Meester Ingmar: I am in Mountain time (GMT-7) for the next three days (until the morning of Friday the 16th). I'll then be entirely incommunicado until the evening of Saturday the 17th however I'll be in CET (GMT+1) at that point. I'm playing Gruntle in the Horns and Hooves league tomorrow at about 9ish (my time) and I can play you immediately after that or on Wednesday/Thursday evening this week - say between 8pm and midnight my time. Failing that we'll have to find away to match schedules with a nine hour offset.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:55 PM

Pro Elves for Hoes 1   ~vs~     Lesser Immortals 2

My passing game was shut down by the Nurgle team, though having 2 Babes helped a lot, it wasn't enough to stop a 2nd half slaughter and ended up with 4 players left on the pitch. Several times I was able to break 1 elf away to sack the ball carrier...but never able to exploit it. Nurgle team got several injures in the 2nd half and gained 2 skills.

Now the season is over, I finally have a full roster of 12 elves. See you all next pre-season!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 10:48:28 PM

Okay, Ruvaldt. I am busy Thursday and one other random evening this week but I don't know what it is yet. Other than that I have a lot of free time, so perhaps keep an eye on Steam or set a time that works for you.

I am PST, as Ingmar mentioned.  awesome, for real

Wednesday is my boardgame day, but I'll be around all day Tuesday and the weekend so it should be easy to run into each other on Steam.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 11:56:08 PM

Going Forth By Day 2 - Fianna Chulain 1.

Nuffle gave IainC the finger on a very important play here. He got a slower-than-usual score on turn 4, then a deep kick + a blitz, and managed to get the ball away from me - but failed a GFI to actually score, leaving a stunned wardancer in the end zone with the ball sitting there for the taking. I manage to grab it with a thro-ra, but some quick math shows me he can't actually get to the end zone in time, but I have a +1 speed blitz-ra. A handoff, a dodge, some GFIs, some more failed blocks by Iain and another faceplant on a GFI and somehow I score on turn 8  - without that sequence of events, I end the first half down 2-0. With it, I ended up with a 1-1 tie and receiving the ball.

The 2nd half was just a matter of grinding down the field to score, although he did manage to knock the ball loose at one point... right into the waiting arms of a tomb guardian, who rumbled in for the win on turn 16.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 12:11:58 AM

Nice work, Ingmar.  Still...

Cry

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 12:12:41 AM

Going Forth by Day 2 - 1 Fianna Chulain

Elven bullshit failed me here and Ingmar steamrolled over the bodies of stunned Elves to grind out a victory.

I lost the toss and was receiving first, moved some guys up and looked for an opportunity. Ingmar surrounded all the Elves he could reach and I threw the ball but missed the pass. On turn 4 I pulled out the only spot of Elven bullshit when my Wardancer leapt out of a crowd of Undead right on top of the ball, dodged away and scored. The second kickoff event was a blitz and I moved a lot of players into the Undead end ready to put pressure on the ball. This almost paid off when I blitzed the ball carrier down with a Wardancer, picked the ball up and then ran for a second TD. I failed the GFI for the endzone square though and Ingmar breathed a big sigh of relief. He grabbed the ball, caged up and then bashed chunks out of any Elves in range. I tried to hold him up but my best chance to stop the score on the last turn foundered when I failed a GFI to put an assist on the ball carrier prior to making a blitz. The Undead walked in their first score on the last turn of the half.

I only had seven Elves fit for the second half because all of my KOd players failed to wake up. Nevertheless I kicked it deep and tried to dodge around the Undead to get to the ball carrier. This was almost successful, in that I held up the Undead for much longer than I thought I would, unfortunately numbers and strength took their toll and for the last six turns or so I had four players trying to obstruct the entire Khemrian team. I did actually manage to blitz the ball carrier down at one point but the ball scattered into the hands of a nearby Tomb Guardian.... With that it was pretty much over bar the shouting. I held up the implacable Undead advance as best I could but the final score was inevitable and the second Going Forth TD was scored on their last turn. I had one more turn left and I threw a single block before making a SPP earning pass (for which I needed to burn a reroll...) to end the game.

I felt that I had a few chances to win the game or at least draw it. The GFI in the endzone stung as did the bounce into the TGs hands and the failed GFI to stop the first score. In the end though, Ingmar took my team apart methodically and made the most of his chances.

The game has been uploaded to BB Manager.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:14:34 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 01:08:33 AM

I'll keep an eye open for you on Steam Strazos - looking forward to getting me some revenge now you ain't playing those murdering norse buggers!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 08:49:03 PM

Emperors of the Pitch 3 - 1 Chanson Dada

A good game in which ICE did all he could to make the inducements work for him, but Nuffle wasn't having any of it.  A spectacular wizard failure marked the beginning of the first half and I managed to score twice as I tried my luck on my 8th round.

The second half saw a TD by ICE on his second round as I made an abysmal choice to start my turn with a block from my block/loner Ogre and got double skulls and loner negated my reroll.  I returned a third TD soon after though and the last few rounds played out as ICE's minotaur gored a lineman, permanently injuring his hip, I think.

Fuck, I have to play those mummies again...

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:19:02 PM by Ruvaldt »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:10 PM

Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm the champion based on our head to head.  why so serious?

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:28 PM

Emperors of the Pitch 3 - 1 Chanson Dada

One of those frustrating games where things aren't exactly horrible but nothing really seems to work quite as well as you need it to. (Except for the kickoff results, which were just pure Nuffle malice: two rocks, a blitz and a perfect defense? F U 2!) This was always going to be a hard game, and I couldn't get the breaks I needed early on to make it winnable -- though for a moment it seemed things might be on the upswing after Ruvaldt's one significant mistake allowed me a quick 2-turn td at the beginning of the second half.

However I am now preparing to take terrible vengeance with my Wood Elves vs. his hapless Pro Elf n00bs... if the game stops disconnecting, at least.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 04:54:56 PM

Calidor Fancypants 2-0 Court of the Moon

The High Elves put down a pretty thorough asswhuppin' on their Dark Elf cousins.  Perhaps it was memories of the Kinslaying which drove them to such heights. More likely it was the rash of Both Downs and the Court coming to play six players down. But we'll say it was the memories of the Kinslaying.

Gruntle really was in the hole. He lost three rerolls to Loner by our count and my team is stacked with Blodge Linemen, so those Both Downs were pretty fierce for him. He did prevent a late first half score by me through some elf magic but overall the High Elves were just too much. A surprisingly ugly game for two elf teams but only two injuries, both to the Fancypants. Had to fire my Thrower, Bocephus Fonzerelli, due to -ag.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 02:30:31 AM

Strazos are you going to be around today or tomorrow for our match and if so what time is good for you? Can stay up late since no work now for a couple of nights and be good to get the last game of the pre-season done and dusted.
Strazos

Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 04:51:32 PM

We spoke this evening - I don't have F13 access at work normally, hence the delay.

Also, we have an 8 hour time difference, which is fun.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 09:05:33 PM

Wrong Games defeats the Kenosha Maroons 2-0.

The bombardier should have been the Maroons MVP, as he took out an entire cage with his second thrown bomb.  Sadly, his feat went unrecognized and the ball and chain guy stole the MVP award.    The -MV goblin refused to die and leveled, so I took Leap, in the hopes that will get him killed.

I may have to go to a 16-goblin roster, 15 is not enough.   ACK!    I was hoping for room for a star player, but I never had enough gold for one anyway, so another body on the field would be handy.  Those goblins tend to get thinned out by the end of the game, though the Wrong Games were doing a number on their thralls in this match (vampires were hungry today).
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 10:10:41 PM

Wrong Games 2-0 over Kenosha Maroons

My vampires did a better job of not eating every single Thrall this game, and proudft's Trolls did a pretty bad job of not being Really Stupid. Even when my vamps were distracted by tasty sanguine humours, that left ST2 goblins against ST3 thralls, and that pretty much went the way things usually do for Goblins. Memorable moment was me throwing what must have been something like 15 block dice at his ball-carrying pogo guy in one turn without rolling a Defender Down until I gave up and just took a Both Down.

Replay is uploaded, but I was dumb and left it as Day 1.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 10:46:20 AM

Got schooled by Strazos 5-1, everything worked fine until I tried to pass the ball with my agi 5 line-elf who obviously forgot his passing gloves for this match. Strazos did really well to capitalise on my bad luck and more importantly on my bad play, I left my carrier open to blitzes from his first turn at least twice and paid for it both times.

Oh well it's all learning but I think I'll stick to power teams over the agi ones in the future.
Strazos

Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 10:49:46 AM

Game is complete.

This game was in large part a study in frustration for poor Ulysees, who couldn't seem to make a pass for most of the game with his AG5 "Passer", while my team pretty much got whatever rolls were requested. In addition, while I did not have the ball much throughout the match, I certainly made my possessions count, and did my utmost to brutally punish the wood elves for any mistakes they may have made...except for their TD late in the game, when I pointlessly put 2 catchers on his carrier, who simply dodged out, made a simple pass, and walked it in - I should have spread my other players out in an attempt to deny a clean pass.

Fear the Backstab!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 10:51:13 AM

Ermine Vermin 2
Bridgeburners  1

Vermin win mostly because of a couple of awkward turnovers, and a werewolf who likes to nap. Good match to finish the competition on.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 11:02:49 AM

avaia come back :(
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 11:52:40 AM

This is me clearing my throat and checking my watch.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 11:59:38 AM

Sky, you going to be around for a game this weekend?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 02:35:46 PM

Oh right!

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 08:15:26 PM

This is me clearing my throat and checking my watch.

Yeah, Ingmar and I need to finish this.  I've kept strange hours for the past two weeks.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 FINAL ROUND  
Jump to: