Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 4  (Read 11605 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: August 24, 2011, 10:37:44 AM

Pre-Season 5 Drilling and Manliness - Round 4 of 6

Half way stage, current standings...

1    Emporers of the Pitch DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
2Ermine Vermin DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
3Pound Pound Mantrain     DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
4Calidor Fancypants DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
5Sissyfaced Nancies DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
6Chanson Dada DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
7Lesser Immortals DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
8Going Forth By Day DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
9Fianna Chulain DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
10Howls and Bones DRILLING AND MANLINESS
11Bridgeburners DRILLING AND MANLINESS
12Aery Faery's (sic) DRILLING AND MANLINESS
13Pro Elves for Hoes DRILLING AND MANLINESS
14Kenosha Maroons DRILLING AND MANLINESS
15Midnight Bleat Train DRILLING AND MANLINESS
16Festering Wounds DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
17Stir Fry DRILLING AND MANLINESS
18Sons of the West DRILLING AND MANLINESS
19Blue Line DRILLING AND MANLINESS
20The Fantasticks DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
21Wrong Games
22Court of the Moon
23SPHINX

Festering Wounds and The Fantasticks still need to play their round 3 match, for the purposes of pairing round 4 they are treated as having both won. 'something crazy' haven't been seen for a fortnight, so I'm considering their matches to be BYEs at this point.

So, here are your round 4 fixtures....

DRILLING AND MANLINESS  
DRILLING AND MANLINESS
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS
 Emporers of the Pitch
  2 - 1  
Ermine Vermin
                Pound Pound Mantrain
  0 - 2  
Fianna Chulain
 Calidor Fancypants
  0 - 1  
Lesser Immortals
 Festering Wounds
  0 - 1  
Chanson Dada
 Sissyfaced Nancies
  1 - 5  
Pro Elves for Hoes
 The Fantasticks
  0 - 1  
Going Forth By Day
 Howls and Bones
  0 - 2  
Bridgeburners
 Kenosha Maroons
  ~vs~  
Stir Fry
 Aery Faery's (sic)
  ~vs~  
Wrong Games
 Blue Line
  2 - 0  
Sons of the West
 Midnight Bleat Train
  2 - 1  
SPHINX
 Court of the Moon

BYE
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  
DRILLING AND MANLINESS
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS

TO BE PLAYED BY 1st SEPTEMBER 00:01 GMT+2

WTF, I don't even...

Who Is <insert team>?!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:45:21 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:57:07 AM

Fuck, I don't want to play Ingmar!  ACK!

At least scheduling will be easy.

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:21:34 AM

Comstar, let me know when you want to steamroll my Fail Elves.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:42:17 AM

Check your PM. I hope we can play a bit early, so afterwards I can go pick up Deus Ex.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 12:05:29 PM

Sky, whenyawannaplay?

I'm leaving town on Saturday and my schedule prior to that is kind of messy, but I am hoping we can figure out a time before I go, since I will then be largely computerless for the next two weeks, and consequently unable to play any Blood Bowl.

Tonight (Wednesday) or Friday evening seem like the two best windows for me. I am PST. Let me know if either of those work -- I will also be on Steam at various hours, so we might be able to arrange something that way.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:04:28 PM

1    Emporers of the Pitch DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
2Ermine Vermin DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Emporers of the Pitch
   ~vs~   
Ermine Vermin

There can be only one!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Strazos

Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 03:16:15 PM

Comstar and I just got our game done. Pretty much a repeat of my last game, in that my elves refuse to do anything productive for most of the game. Except for a single fortuitous turn, they pretty much failed at whatever they tried:

1+ catch with catch skill - 1 1 = fail
1+ dodges with dodge - 1 1 = fail
Blocks that only need something other than a skull to come up - skull = fail

Comstar played well, not that there was a whole lot I could do to stop him, especially when he's allowed to dodge at will and I am not.

Edit: Oh yeah, a simple GFI - 1 = dead thrower
And only 1 KO roll succeeded the whole game, after I bought an ale.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:18:24 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 03:20:18 PM

Sissyfaced Nancies 1 ~vs~  Pro Elves for Hoes 5

The lower skilled team seemingly couldn't do ANYTHING right. A GFI ended in a death. Simple passes are flubbed. The Bloodwiser Babes never woke anyone up. Jordell Freshbrezze can't throw the ball, pick up the ball, hit the ball or do anything useful. I think I failed one roll (A pass) and everything else worked when I needed it. Having 4 rerolls to 1 also helped. Princess Luna, my AG 5 Dodging Leaping Catching Nerves of Steel star player, got 4 TD's out of 5, and gained block.

Elf Bullshit wins the day.

I'm still a elf down for my next game, but at least I have 11 players now.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 03:22:07 PM

Alright lamaros. Come take you whuppin
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:15 PM

I'll be home in about an hour then free for a fair while if you're about.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 03:45:27 PM

Yep. Just nab me on Steam
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 05:03:46 PM

At least you got a game to play.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 05:04:28 PM

Tonight (Wednesday) or Friday evening seem like the two best windows for me. I am PST. Let me know if either of those work -- I will also be on Steam at various hours, so we might be able to arrange something that way.
Let's shoot for Friday night, I'm EDT and generally available for gaming after 10pm.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 06:00:57 PM

The number of 1s I'm rolling is  ACK!

Honest to god, we're talking four and five rolls at a stretch. 1s.
Strazos

Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 06:18:12 PM

You should check my replay - I can't imagine what Comstar was feeling, seeing all those gifts (granted, his team and play with elves is better anyway, but still).

Fear the Backstab!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 06:19:51 PM

I have never, ever seen anything like that. I've never been truly frustrated by my rolls but it finally happened. It's the first time I've ever felt like there were bugs in the game's dice roller.

Overall, 25% of my rolls were 1s. That includes rerolls. This is pretty high. But the insane thing is that I had a stretch where 9 of 12 rolls were 1s. That's statistically improbable.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:23:03 PM by Modern Angel »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 06:23:04 PM

Lesser Immortals v The Number 1 ended in a win for the Immortals.

The Fancypants rolled 9 1s from 12 during the middle of the game. A bizzare stretch. They rolled double 1s on 5 occasions.

A rotter was killed. I just stalled all day long and took it 1-0 in my final turn.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:28:42 PM by lamaros »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 07:11:39 PM

Aw, I'm sure Ingmar would play you TOO.

God Save the Horn Players
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 02:28:03 AM

Aw, I'm sure Ingmar would play you TOO.

Hey if Ingmar wants to, I'd be up for playing him. As I understand it he's also been shorted a game with a de facto "Something Crazy" bye the previous week.
So yeah, Ingmar, let me know.

-G

Maybe we could also put Lamaros (who got skipped in the 2nd week) up against whoever gets next week's bye (if Lamaros is willing to play two games in a week).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:31:43 AM by Gruntle »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 05:12:14 AM

Hmm... 470k inducements and 160k in the treasury.

Rat Ogres, Chefs, Wizards, so many options....

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 10:26:39 AM

I don't think there's any rule about playing outside games during this, since it's all still the feeder league, so sure.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 11:57:54 AM

Theoretically, I could still play my game against Sjofn  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 12:12:43 PM

Not just theoretically, that is what you should do, this is why you have a DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS above.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 01:23:52 PM

The only reason my goblins have been not playing extra games is my TV is already too damn high and playing without bribes is getting really annoying. 

Level up faster, you slacker other teams!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 01:36:06 PM

I am resigned to my overvaluedness. Stupid expensive mummies.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 10:22:10 PM

Whether or not it counts for anything, I thought I'd report it here that Ingmar's Going Forth By Day met my Court of the Moon on the bloodbowl pitch to determine the supremacy between the cycles of the sun and the moon -- and it resolved in a 1-1 tie.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 02:13:34 AM

I'd love to catch up with your TV value Proudft, however my last 2 games against Norse teams have lost me 500 points in TV!! They certainly got the name right with this game.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 10:40:04 AM

Pound Pound Mantrain 0 - 2 Fianna Chulain

Damned elves replaced the ball with a live pig! Could barely hold onto the thing in the first half, and didn't even manage to make it out of my side of the pitch in the second.  Argh!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 11:43:01 AM

Fianna Chulain 2 - 0 Pound Pound Mantrain.

Megrim won the toss and elected to kick. The ball goes high and is easily caught by my thrower who finds himself closer than he'd like to the line of scrimmage. He scrambles back to safety while the elves on the line push the sweaty manlings away. A handful of brave Elves run forwards between the outstretched arms of the humans ready to receive a pass. The Norse respond in their usual, direct manner and an elf hits the floor before the Yehtee decides it wants part of the action and trips over itself trying to devour a second Elf. The Elves push forwards again and Caractacus sees a good target for a pass but fumbles the ball. The Norse try to capitalise on this (not very) rare display of Elvish ineptitude but are so excited at the prospect of maybe getting to touch the ball that one of them overextends on a blitz and ends up planting himself face first in the pitch. The Elves push the ball out of the scrum using the head of a handy Norseman and then clear away a couple of other markers before Caractacus calmly scoops the ball and throws it (accurately this time) to Horsa who is clear down pitch. Horsa walks in the first score on turn 3 and there's now a game on.

For the second drive, the ball is kicked very deep into the Norse half and the Norse busy themselves with bringing down the slight numerical superiority of the Elves.Two pointy-eared salad-munchers are wheeled off the pitch from the initial round of blocks but Mab the Wardancer takes down a Norseman in turn to keep things equal. The Norse cage up as they generally do and the Elves start to try and surround them. The Yehtee bodyslams my catcher but the Norse are still hemmed in by angry fairies. I intended my Wardancer to make a leap and blitz but I forgot to click Blitz before doing the pathing for her and she ended up wasting her move. The Norse grind down the pitch and the Yehtee surfs a Line-Elf off the pitch and then a Norseman stuns himself trying to dodge away to help with the scrum. This time I get the Wardancer into the fray but she only manages a push. I move a couple of unengaged Elves into the way of the human with the ball and hope that he can't break through. The Norse push a Line-Elf over but Mab is too slippery for the Yehtee and he falls over trying to blitz her down. This time Mab manages to get the ball carrier down, he goes flying off the pitch while the fans throw the ball back on not far from where it went out of bounds. I try and get an Elf to it but he trips over trying to dodge away. In the last turn of the half, the Norse surf two more Elves off the pitch (both just stunned by the crowd) but fail to pick up the ball and the whistle blows for a 1-0 Elvish lead at half time.

Only nine players from each team climb out of the dugouts for the second half. Again the kick is very long and again, the Norse start by pushing Elves around - although not with very much success. Once again the Norse prove to be bad at picking up the ball so I put some pressure on them by pouring a lot of players into their half. Focused by the fierce looking Elves bearing down on them, the Humans grab the ball and manage to successfully hand it off. Immediately Mab leaps in and mugs him, scattering the ball into a heavily contested area of the pitch. Hengist the catcher picks it up and starts to wish he had a few more friendly bodies close by. The Norse take him down with ease and the ball scatters around three different Elven players who all fail to catch it, mostly due to the Disturbing Presence of the Yehtee. The Norse push over a couple more Elves then once again fail to pick the ball up. By now there's a big scrum of players around it and no-one really likes the idea of reaching in and trying to grab it. Mab pushes a Norseman into the ball in an attempt to knock it clear but it bounces into the hands of a Line-Elf who has already thrown a block this turn. Some space is made but there's neither the room nor the bodies available to make a proper cage. As expected the Norse push the ball carrier over again and also take down a couple more while they are at it. They try the same trick as the Elves, using the face of a nearby Elf to bat the ball clear. The ball bounces crazily about for a while slipping through the grasp of three different Norsemen before coming to rest pretty much where it started. A Line Elf gets the ball after a flying Elf lands on it and is then promptly mugged in turn. The Norse manage to clear a bit of space and finally a Werewolf grabs the ball and a cage forms around him. The Elves are emboldened and start to chip away at the cage, scoring the first actual injury of the match when a Lineman has his ribs broken. The Apothecary sorts him out however and he's fine after a bit of a lie down. The Norse start to push forwards and are in the centre of the pitch again when a heroic block from a Line-ELf takes down the Werewolf and scatters the ball. Hengist the catcher grabs it and carries it out of the melee. Unfortunately for him, the Yehtee can reach him and it contemptuously bats him aside, scoring the second injury of the game in the process. An Elf grabs the ball and, despite the nearby Yehtee, throws it perfectly to a Line-Elf stood nearby. Unfortunately, the second Elf doesn't manage to keep his eyes on the ball and fluffs the catch. The Norse once again grab the ball but again, fail to throw it accurately. The ball bounces around before landing in the hands of Vercingetorix who promptly dodges away from his markers and makes two GfI rolls to score the second Elven TD on the last turn of the game.

I earned enough gold to replace the missing Wardancer that Ruvaldt killed and two Elves ranked up - Horsa the Catcher is now Agi 5 and Vercingetorix learned to Dodge.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 02:54:47 PM

Let's shoot for Friday night, I'm EDT and generally available for gaming after 10pm.

I should be back home by 10ish your time, maybe a bit later, will look for you on Steam then.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 06:06:53 PM

Blue line 2 - 0 Sons of the West

Early 1st half concession by the Sons of the West. I believe Hoax just isn't that into his team, and they took a few injuries early. Eh, lifes to short to play games you dont wanna play, so I believe we are both in LOL now as I type this.

1 beastman leveled to 3 for me, took sure hands.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 06:26:18 PM

Eh, lifes to short to play games you dont wanna play

I agree, but I also think that if someone doesn't want to play the game then they shouldn't sign up.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 07:34:31 PM

Who is Carnifex on f13? I haven't been able to find him on Steam and I want to give him a PM.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 09:26:43 PM

Chanson Dada squeak out a 1-0 win over Festering Wounds with a final turn pickup-handoff-GFI TD.

Kind of a weird game. Sky's Necro squad took a fairly risk-positive approach to the game, with lots of 1d blocks and Dodging about, but their huge Block and Dodge advantage made this a pretty good idea. The Chaos team could barely get anyone on the ground for most of the first half, though they managed to break their ball carrier free for an end-run around the line -- getting him free and clear only to run up against two straight turns of double-skull reroll double-skull (some of which were skull/pows, but see previous lack of Block.) In the end Sky was able to force the beastman into a reroll-less dodge towards the endzone, which he failed miserably.

The risky approach didn't work quite as well for the Necros in the second half -- they tried a very elfy drive, using werewolves as receivers, but the long pass attempt from the ghoul was fumbled and one of the werewolves ended up bloody for his troubles and will miss the next game. After a whole lot of standing-around-the-ball-unwilling-to-try-a-pickup from both teams, the Chaos squad eventually got a decent bounce and were able to gain possession, slowly moving upfield. The skulls made a brief reappearance, however, turning another relatively straightforward drive into a desperate dash for the endzone -- which the Necros stopped with a dodgerrific mark-and-blitz from the remaining werewolf. Unfortunately the same wolf overextended trying to pick up the ball, falling over and giving the Dadaists one final shot at victory. A pickup, handoff, and GFI later, and Nuffle blessed them with the win.

Picabia! picked up his second MVP and so I finally have a Chaos Warrior with Block. The team also christened their designated ball carrier, with the first level 3 Beastman picking up Sure Hands.

--

Unfortunately it seems likely I will miss the next round (if there is a next round -- how long is this going for?), though if this week extends long enough I might make it back in time for the end of the next one.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 03:27:09 PM

[F13] Bridgeburners 2 - Howls and Bones 0

This wasn't as bad a romp as the score appears. I inflicted plenty of injuries, but continuously shot myself in the foot by being unable to pick up or pass the ball even on easy opportunities. I could have had a touchdown late in the 2nd half, but went for a nothing 2D block and ended up with a both down result on a guy without block. I still had the opportunity to score with a ghoul on the last turn, but he failed the pickup roll. Carnifex played a good game, despite not really being able to get many armor breaks.

I leveled a werewolf and ghoul to 2 and got a 2nd flesh golem afterwards. I think that 2nd big guy will help.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 4  
Jump to: