Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:57:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Mists of Pandaria 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mists of Pandaria  (Read 475893 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: August 05, 2011, 03:33:19 PM

Try to pretend it isn't happening all you want but might as well discuss it here

I'm eagerly awaiting the newest troll dungeon

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 03:34:13 PM

What's to discuss?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 03:35:48 PM

I think there's still a strong chance that this is going to be a mobile or social network type game rather than an expansion, though I wouldn't be especially be bothered by it as an expansion either.

The panda stuff has generally been on the 'fringes' of Warcraft content - the non-main campaign in the War3 expansion, April Fools jokes, etc. It makes perfect sense that they'd go with that for a mobile or Facebook game since those tend to skew "cute".

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 03:36:12 PM

What's to discuss?

the newest troll dungeon

Although, I think it would be refreshing to have an expansion that doesn't exploit/rehash trolls in some way, but we'll probably end up with Asian trolls anyways  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:37:19 PM

What's to discuss?

Blizzard pandering to unbearable fanboi wishes.  

OK. Puns have been done.  Carry on.

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 03:37:43 PM

Pandas will be a neutral race with two sub-factions.  One faction favors the Horde, the other favors Alliance.  There will be enough of an art difference that you'll be able to tell the difference, but as was mentioned in the Cracks thread, the Walrus model will be used.

Edit: They'll be able to be Warriors, Mages, Shamans, Druids, Rogues, Warlocks, Hunters and whatever inevitable Hero class they add.  If they even try to retcon or squeeze them into being DKs, I will have lost all faith in humanity, and will personally break into BlizzCon and punch as many Bliz devs in the throat as I can.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:44:21 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 03:41:44 PM

I bet there are a lot of people out there who would resub to play a panda.

I might be one of them.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 03:41:56 PM

They won't use the walrus model.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 03:42:11 PM

A rare plague turns all the undead into pandas, which are lead by the Panda King who emerges from the mists holding PANDAHOWL, his cursed blade.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 03:45:55 PM

I don't see any brooding.  MUST BROOD.

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 03:47:01 PM

Cata broke <titan cloaking device> and reveals secret panda continent on far side of world. The Alliance and Horde being so starved of resources thanks to Cata and their War, go invade the shit out of panda land because of all their delicious bamboo. Or something.

Out side of mechanical class/game thingys, the only thing I would give a shit about is are the panda people playable and by who?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 03:49:12 PM

Duh. The red panda people are Horde, and the regular panda people are Alliance.  0.0 DPS Sad Red Panda

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 03:51:03 PM

Do the Red Panda people get bushy tails?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 03:57:37 PM

There won't be another hero class.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 03:58:26 PM

Why, DK's went over so well?  why so serious?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 04:03:03 PM

I will resub if you can play a Pandaren.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 04:12:26 PM

Having fused with Azeroth 1,000 years ago, the moon of Pandaria is now being rejected by the World Tree, whose corrupted roots are turning the terrain into a nether wasteland. At the behest of Lord Al'pand, the Kirin Tor and Venture Co. attach magirockets to the landmass and return it to its rightful place in orbit. But what sinister alien life is left in the flooded Pandarian crater? And what dark secrets lie at the heart of the Panda Throne?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 04:27:37 PM

In one quest, you destroy a shield that is protecting a gate spawning the Burning Crusade, and then you dance around with your Pandaren friends and sing Yub Nub.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 04:31:33 PM

Having fused with Azeroth 1,000 years ago, the moon of Pandaria is now being rejected by the World Tree, whose corrupted roots are turning the terrain into a nether wasteland. At the behest of Lord Al'pand, the Kirin Tor and Venture Co. attach magirockets to the landmass and return it to its rightful place in orbit. But what sinister alien life is left in the flooded Pandarian crater? And what dark secrets lie at the heart of the Panda Throne?

I'll resub if I can kill a giant panda boss.*

*no I won't
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 04:31:52 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 04:36:04 PM

In one quest, you destroy a shield that is protecting a gate spawning the Burning Crusade, and then you dance around with your Pandaren friends and sing Yub Nub.

Oh shit, I hadn't even considered the possibility of an Ewok-themed quest line.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 06:15:53 PM

Pandas will be a neutral race with two sub-factions.  One faction favors the Horde, the other favors Alliance.  There will be enough of an art difference that you'll be able to tell the difference, but as was mentioned in the Cracks thread, the Walrus model will be used.

Duh. The red panda people are Horde, and the regular panda people are Alliance.  0.0 DPS Sad Red Panda

Copycats!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Over and out.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 04:29:32 AM

But will the naga live in a temple in the middle of an airless desert?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 07:50:08 AM

What's to discuss?

Blizzard pandering to unbearable fanboi wishes. 

OK. Puns have been done.  Carry on.
That is my joke and I will fight you for it

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 08:51:29 AM

I went home the day the patent was found and tried to reserve the name Pandamonium but it was already taken damn it.  Even though I'm 90% certain I would not want to play something based on a joke where they tried to come up with the dumbest possible premise for a new race.  The worst thing is that to try and counter how stupid the race would be they will try to make them all bad-ass.  The rest of the content would have to be spectacular for me to overlook such a stupid race, they would also have to come out and admit they were retarded in many cata design decisions and promise to go back to a wrath type model.  And while it may not be a hero class they would at least have to add in monk.

Still hoping it's a joke.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 09:16:39 AM

I don't know why people are so hung up on the hero class label. Besides starting at higher level there was nothIng really heroic about them nor was it their intent.  Except once you start labeling them heroic every mouth breather playing starts bitching about how they aren't living up to the term or they are TOO heroic.

Of course blizzard won't, as they stated, add another heroic class but I gaurentee they will add another class and just avoid calling it heroic.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:43:44 AM by Lakov_Sanite »

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 10:18:49 AM

I don't really care what they call it (or what level you start at) but I really want a new class. Ideally with extra character slots (at least 1), which I'd even pay for.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 10:59:18 AM

Yeah, really hoping that if they add any more classes, they also give us a way to get more character slots. Including more slots with the expansion would be nice, but I'd pay $10 one-time for another character slot. Sort of hoping that the character selection revamp they just did might have been laying ground work for more slots.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 01:15:48 PM

Marketing-wise, I think Pandaria is a good idea what with the large Asian playing population.  Plus what other 'lore' can they base an xpac on?  My Warcraftfoo is weak I guess, can't think of any. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 01:32:18 PM

Marketing-wise, I think Pandaria is a good idea what with the large Asian playing population.  Plus what other 'lore' can they base an xpac on?  My Warcraftfoo is weak I guess, can't think of any. 

They still have Queen Azshara and Sargeras hanging around as end-of-expansion Big Badguys at a minimum, but I expect they're saving Sargeras for last. If MoP is indeed an expansion I'd think that would be a possible opportunity to use Azshara since you'd want to use her in something where you have access to the regular WoW world ocean. They could probably make an expansion out of the South Seas places we haven't been yet, as well; post-volcano Kezan, the actual homeland of the Zandalari trolls, etc. That would also make sense for Azshara.

There's also the Emerald Dream hanging around as an expansion destination, too.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 01:43:48 PM

What does it mean to say that they're saving Sargeras for last? When will the last WoW expansion be?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 05:30:23 PM

I hope the very first quest in Pandara is to kill 10 Chin...er Pandaren Farmers.

With MoP they can make a new continent and have a totally clean slate to cram in all their pop culture references.  If they make a Hero class I'd like a Brewmaster or Monk like someone suggested.

But wouldn't surprise me if it was a Facebook game. 
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 07:48:22 PM

What does it mean to say that they're saving Sargeras for last? When will the last WoW expansion be?
Going to asume that at the very minimum there is at least one, possibly 2 full expantions left that they could wring the game for, without going full blown down the "make up completely off the wall shit to pad out expantions" route.

Finally defeating the Sargeras / The Legion is easily a full expantion in and of itself.  They could create an entire continent worth of stuff and set it on some Legion Throne World, probably even have the "good" Titans show up as the primary faction us heroes are working for to put down their insane brother once and for all.  Maybe throw in the Outlands overahul as well.

Between cata and there, we still have a bunch of shit left to deal with:
- The Abyssal Maw / Queen Ashzara, asuming they dont manage to put it into cata.
- The Emerald Dream / Nightmare.  As a druid fan, and considering they have been building on this shit since Vanilla, i will be royally pissed if this does not get at the very least its own full zone and mini expantion.
- Pirates and Trolls. They can always do more with pirates and trolls.
- The "inverse" tower in Kara, where possessed medhiv was supposed to have conducted all sorts of twisted experiments.
- a half a dozen things i am probably forgetting.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 08:01:27 PM

Don't forget IceFlame Crown Citadel and Bolvar the Lich King 2.0.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pantastic
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 09:06:45 PM

The Burning Legion hasn't been defeated, just driven off, we haven't even hit Sargeras in-game and there's whole planets taken by them, could easily do multiple xpacs just on this. The Emerald Dream is still out there and corrupted. Outland is easy to travel from and has gateways to other dimensions, you could do a whole game around fighting with and against Ethereals while traveling with sparkly tube technology. Queen Azshara is still around out in the ocean somewhere. The current map doesn't really cover all of the landmasses, there are a ton of places that have been mentioned that don't show up in game, and you can always 'cataclysm' boring zones like Arathi Highlands and Alterac Mountains. The titans and Naaru have been just kind of there, there's a lot that could go on dealing with and finding out about them.

Plus there are a ton of names that pop up in the lore that could become a major focus. It's not like Cho'gall was a big factor in the MMO until they decided to make him a boss.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Mists of Pandaria  
Jump to: