Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Mists of Pandaria 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mists of Pandaria  (Read 474955 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2205 on: September 26, 2012, 06:31:00 PM

It won't affect much for the player trainer or overland battles (unless you run in to a rare that's of a strong type vs your squad), but in PVP battles, yeah, you'll get wtfpwnd.   They changed it so some of the harder to acquire old pets are 'rare' quality.   Here's the list.   
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6080522555

Rendakor - the only 'rare' quality pet you're using is the Clockwork Gnome.  You'll want to change your squad if you plan on doing player vs player battling.
Thanks for that. The UI indicates which of the new pets I've acquired are uncommon, poor, etc. but doesn't give me quality for my old ones. Lil Deathwing's on there too, so I've only gotta swap out my Nether Ray.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2206 on: September 27, 2012, 06:48:30 AM

One of the horde npc's has the opposite rant. "The Alliance outnumber us 30 to 1, and we're allied with monkies!"

Funny, I just had an Alliance NPC tell me last night that the Alliance is outnumbered by the Horde 30 to 1. Fog of war?  awesome, for real

You can tell there was a greater attention to detail compared to Cata.

I agree with this. I spent some time last night just wandering around a town and checking out the detail. It has the same feel as Dalaran in that behind every door is a cohesive little environment with interesting little touches that make it feel lived-in.

I'm enjoying it so far. I really love this time in an expansion when the later zones are still just names to me and everything is mysterious. Won't be long until everything is known and routine again, but this is a good time to be playing.

Witty banter not included.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2207 on: September 27, 2012, 07:16:13 AM

Yes, at times when I'm leveling around the place, I do stop and notice the details they've put in for buildings and zones. I finished Jade Forest zone last night, and I felt that it was very large and diverse in terms of area quests.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2208 on: September 27, 2012, 10:22:30 AM

Must be making progress.  Several overpopulated realms just got the green light for free realm transfers off in order to reduce queue times.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2209 on: September 28, 2012, 01:39:52 PM

I'm loving the quest content and the overall world, but the dungeon content has taken a step down from Cata. I'm not really talking about difficulty which I know is everyone's favorite topic on F13, but quality/pace. I ran the four leveling dungeons a few times and came away with mixed feelings. Brewery was definitely the best of the bunch with lots of fun mechanics and a brisk pace. It felt like the size/variety a dungeon should have, you just move through it quickly. Temple of the Jade Serpent and Mogu'shan Palace feel a bit too brief/simple which is fine for leveling dungeons but will be be disappointing at 90. They remind me of Azjol-Nerub. Shado-pan Monastery felt like it dragged. It wasn't legitimately long, but the aesthetic wears thin within the first few minutes and the fights aren't note-worthy. You don't feel like you are moving quickly due to the density of trash and the same-ness of every area in the dungeon.

I think if 90 heroics aren't going to bump the challenge anymore, they should be making other changes to differentiate them from the leveling versions (which need to be even faster/simpler). A new boss or two, a new wing to explore, etc.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2210 on: September 28, 2012, 01:44:15 PM

I've done Jade so far. It's nothing special. In fact several times I wandered through there just sort of confused by what the hell I was fighting and why.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2211 on: September 28, 2012, 02:17:42 PM

Read the quests and it tells you!  Mob

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2212 on: September 28, 2012, 02:19:32 PM

Read quests? What kind of barbaric system is that?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2213 on: September 28, 2012, 02:25:12 PM

I've fought Direbrew 31 times now as a tank.  31 times he has not dropped the dodge trinket.  I cry w/sad  Cry

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2214 on: September 28, 2012, 02:26:55 PM

I imagine it's a new loot table, maybe he doesn't have one?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2215 on: September 28, 2012, 03:10:19 PM

Oh no, he's got one.  I just have a 1 in 6 chance of it dropping each time.  

http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/23872-coren-direbrew

Edit: Finally got it after kill #34.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:04:53 PM by luckton »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2216 on: September 28, 2012, 08:09:49 PM

Read quests? What kind of barbaric system is that?

I read quests back when I did the Lolore thing for the worgen. That's the only time I'd ever bother.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2217 on: October 02, 2012, 01:33:32 PM

I guess the honor vendor is now up and the gear there is a tiny bit better than what you can get from heroic dungeons for most dps and some healers.  So instead of banging your head against the wall in an lfg group hoping for the random drop you want you can just go run some bgs and buy exactly what you want to get the best PvE gear in PvP.

There is no resilience taking the place of an important secondary stat anymore so the gear isn't lack lustre for PvE like it was in cata.

Fake edit: If you care about colour the ilvl 463 heroic dungeon gear is blue while the ilvl 464 honor gear is purple.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2218 on: October 02, 2012, 02:02:43 PM

I guess the honor vendor is now up and the gear there is a tiny bit better than what you can get from heroic dungeons for most dps and some healers.  So instead of banging your head against the wall in an lfg group hoping for the random drop you want you can just go run some bgs and buy exactly what you want to get the best PvE gear in PvP.

There is no resilience taking the place of an important secondary stat anymore so the gear isn't lack lustre for PvE like it was in cata.

Fake edit: If you care about colour the ilvl 463 heroic dungeon gear is blue while the ilvl 464 honor gear is purple.

That's actually how I plan to get my dps gear for my second spec. Good call.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2219 on: October 02, 2012, 02:28:14 PM

I guess the honor vendor is now up and the gear there is a tiny bit better than what you can get from heroic dungeons for most dps and some healers.  So instead of banging your head against the wall in an lfg group hoping for the random drop you want you can just go run some bgs and buy exactly what you want to get the best PvE gear in PvP.

They've noticed this too, no longer worth doing. The buffed JP gear should be extremely easy to get.

We’re working to adjust current Justice and Honor gear to better align with intended values. Currently it’s more lucrative to run Battelgrounds for ilvl 464 epics, and convert all Justice to Honor to gear up. While some crossover is fine, the most optimal way to gear for PvE doesn’t make sense to happen through PvP.

This hotfix will ideally go out today, and once applied will change all Justice and Honor items (including those already purchased) in the following ways:

Justice Items
Current – ilvl 450 Rare
New – ilvl 458 Rare

Honor Items
Current – ilvl 464 Epic
New – ilvl 458 Rare

We’ll be increasing the PvP Power and Resilience on the Honor items by 15% to compensate for this change.

Again, our design in Mists of Pandaria is to allow for a greater degree of crossover between PvE and PvP using the same gear, but the original item levels simply made Honor gear (through Battlegrounds or conversion of Justice to Honor) a far better route to gear up for PvE. Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2220 on: October 02, 2012, 02:43:51 PM

Holy shit that was fast, what the fuck?  How did that slip by everyone if it wasn't intended?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Mists of Pandaria  
Jump to: