Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:04:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Playoffs CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Playoffs CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH!  (Read 10274 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: August 01, 2011, 09:18:36 AM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 09:19:18 AM

We are currently Playing.....
THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH!
** It has to be played BEFORE August 10th 2011 **

Paper Armour Dolls (AndyDavo) vs. Alive Not Dead (Llyse)

Reminding you that Llyse is at the moment ranked 2nd in the f13 Ranking while AndyDavo is 3rd. This is the replay of Season #3 Championship Match, so we can easily say it's going to be the most meaningful and intense game out of all the 320 so far played.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:23:19 AM by Falconeer »

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:52:20 PM

AndyDavo: I've been waiting for you, Llyse. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master.
 Llyse: Only a master of evil, Darth.

AndyDavo : You don't know the power of the Darkside...

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 04:01:03 PM

On a more serious note, I'm from the UK and i can play on thursday and friday almost any time but i hate my mornings.

When can you do? are you looking to play on the weekend?
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:43:16 PM

I'm GMT +9 now, Wednesday 8pm which is your lunchtime/afternoon would be perfect for me but I'm ok with sacrificing boozing time on Friday for the final.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:45:27 PM

I cant play on wed at all. I can play from 1pm on thursday onwards pretty much. Or did i miss something?
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 02:37:38 PM

All good, Friday it is i Ohhhhh, I see.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 07:21:09 PM

Looking at the teams you both have... makes me want to game up a Skaven team in the feeder league. Andy's skill rolls are complete bullshit!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 08:00:23 PM

Yeah, 2 +5 players and 2 +4 str guard line elves...

I actually have extremely normal rolls 3/4 doubles, 1 Str roll  awesome, for real
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 10:22:31 PM

Alright so the long awaited Season #4 Championship match for the f13 Bowl has finally been played and closes another great season with the introduction of the new 4 playoff team formats as well as the new Failoffs to give you wooden spooners something to aim for!

So as Falc mentioned earlier this is a replay of the Season #3 Championship Match and would decide the top and second seed in the f13 rankings.

Not only that though both players have a certain infamy in the f13 league.

Llyse is known as a great coach but perennial underachiever and eternal choker. Having lost the bowl in 2 seasons in a row while topping the Division in all three season, even Tier Noob has kicking rights to this mentally weak coach.

Andy on the other hand joined on Commissioner Falc's invitation to obtain a full 32 teams for Season #3. Being an exceptional coach (with admittedly no prior f13 participation) he helped out the league to avoid the bug ridden Cyanide laced league would have had with 31 teams and byes endured in Season #2. His claim to fame was to win Season #3 with a fresh Dark Elf team that was mangled beyond recognition during the regular season defeating Silversmith Llyse. What makes him even more of a villain (in some f13 eyes) is that he does not conform with the Queen's English on the forum and came in beat up on new coaches to claim the f13 trophy.

Onto the teams, Llyse has stuck with his team of all stars, almost all veterans of 3 regular seasons with household names as Benson the Hedge Knight, Gregor, and of course the devilsome duo Calvin and Hobbes.

Andy's team on the other hand was a new Dark Elf team who had played 6 matches in the f13 feeder league to get their bearings and have managed to come through with an superb but few in number team with not one, but TWO 5 Strength GUARD Linesman as well as a 5 Agil Wrestle Witch and a 5 Agil Sidesteppin' Blodging Blitzer.

There's a last minute lineup change with Llyse firing Alex the Block zombie to bring his TV down to 1920 to avoid giving Andy $200,000 in inducements giving him a possible wizard and bloodweiser babes.

So both teams are at top condition and I'll start off with the actual match commentary.

Llyse wins the toss calling tails and decides to receive with considering the blizzard of a storm hitting the pitch. So far it looks like Nuffle is smiling on Llyse completing removing a long passing game while the snow falls. Both teams have 3 rerolls with Andy relying on his Passing Leader running to even up the odds.

It's a standard setup from Andy opening up flank to invite an early score and avoid an unneccessary casualties from a prolonged brawl. The kick off event is perfect weather so the ball simply rolls closer to the ghouls in the back.

Edit: I don't remember it off the top of my head so the rest of the match report in 2 hours
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 04:09:27 AM

I do have 2 str FIVE guard linesmen, but neither of them are on this team, this team has to settle for two str FOUR guard linesmen.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 12:00:09 PM

I hate not being in the position to make a celebration end-of-season post, due to traveling, but let me tell you all that this silence is deafening. I am pretty sure no one wanted to  see AndyDavo win again (and Llyse choke again  Ohhhhh, I see. ), but this is a little extreme. No comments, no writeup, nothing? As if the final match never happened?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 12:01:58 PM

I think we're all just ready for season 5.  awesome, for real

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 12:05:19 PM

This happens every season. The final isn't nearly as interesting as round 1.

For anyone who isn't aware, Andy won 1-0, this doesn't seem to be mentioned in the thread so far.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:15 PM

It was a tad anti-climactic.  I don't have anything against AndyDavo winning, I just don't know how to respond to the match without a proper write-up.

Congratulations to Andy though on a loss-less season.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:59 PM

Um, hurrah, good game?  I guess.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 12:11:48 PM

Speaking of season 5, what are people planning as far as keeping teams/switching up?

I've decided to bring the dwarves back for one more go next season. I'm sure you're all thrilled.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 12:17:28 PM

Speaking of season 5, what are people planning as far as keeping teams/switching up?

I've decided to bring the dwarves back for one more go next season. I'm sure you're all thrilled.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
I'm going to see how my newish Wood Elf team develops before deciding. The Hackers are giving away a lot of inducements even against other veteran teams as their TV is bloated by fan factor and other largely pointless crap. They are a nice team to play with but 3 seasons might be enough.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 12:19:04 PM

I'm mulling my feeder league Chaos and Skaven teams. I really dig the Skaven.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 12:51:13 PM

The D&M thing is also making me  love the Skaven, Skaven were one of the first teams I tried in Blood Bowl, and got utterly destroyed with them, it is pretty cool to come back to rats now I know wtf.

Besides which, Strazos keeps turning his nose up at my Norse stats every time they turn in less than ten armour breaks in a game.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 12:56:57 PM

The Ex-Presidents of Doom will be running for reelection.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 01:20:11 PM

The Tards plan on continuing their losing streak well into next season. I like the necro team in the D&M league, we'll see how it develops.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 01:36:12 PM

At least one more season for the F13 Catfighters - I still have some girls without any skills (well, one thrower), I want to get Juggernaut on my ST 4 blodge/dodge/Mighty Blow/Side step/Tackle blitzer, and I want to see how my catchers and thrower can develop with another skill or two.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 01:53:31 PM

I'm prrrrobably keeping the Khemri.  I was afraid before I ever played them in the league that they'd be boring and repetitive long-term, but it seems I always have a dead player or two to compensate for, and that keeps things interesting.   swamp poop
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 03:02:13 PM

I think we're all just ready for season 5.  awesome, for real

Yep.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 03:41:33 PM

I hate not being in the position to make a celebration end-of-season post, due to traveling, but let me tell you all that this silence is deafening. I am pretty sure no one wanted to  see AndyDavo win again (and Llyse choke again  Ohhhhh, I see. ), but this is a little extreme. No comments, no writeup, nothing? As if the final match never happened?

We got a write up of the coin toss. Even if we all loved AndyDavo and Llyse as much as we love our own mothers, I'm pretty sure only a couple of you dorks are dorky enough to actually watch the replay, and there's not much to add beyond "Andy won again, 1-0, nice season everyone!" I know I was politely waiting until the full write up to say my meaningless platitudes, personally.

As for who I'm playing next season, if I play again it will probably be the Mutiny. I am too in love with their theme and tiny pink man panties to let them go yet, I think.

God Save the Horn Players
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 05:59:23 PM

I am going to start a new team of some kind. I am too exhausted by my skill-less Flesh Golems and 80%+ zombie MVP rate to continue. I compare my  f13 team with a MM-league Necro team I have at the exact same TV value and it's just too depressing how much more effectively-developped the other team is.

So maybe I will try Wood Elves, or Chaos, or trim back my Lizard team or something.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 06:11:22 PM

Boring as they are skillwise, I might run the shaven again. Otherwise it'll be goblins; if I can get them accepted in the feeder league.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 06:25:29 PM

I'm going with a nurgle team of some sort.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:02 AM

New Chaos team with a South Park theme!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 07:02:27 AM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 07:40:31 AM

Shaven Skaven, I'm sure there's a mod for that...

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 09:10:42 AM

I've just had a hellaciously busy week with my brother's wedding and my daughter's second birthday.

I'm going Goblins next season. Fuck the haters.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 11:07:18 AM

Besides which, Strazos keeps turning his nose up at my Norse stats every time they turn in less than ten armour breaks in a game.

why so serious? All in good fun, right?

I hope to be able to play next season (which I hope starts pretty soon). I'd probably bring my Norse team back, because...well, I just think they fit my style of play practically perfectly, and I have neither the time nor patience to grind another team up. No desire to play Dwarf (though they can be very good), and no idea what other team I would even use - my experiment with Pro Elves has been laughable, and my lizard feeder team is underwhelming.

However, I'll just throw this out now - at some point between late September and mid November, I'm going to be moving overseas...to West Africa, which means at some point I will be without a PC for a few weeks. This is before we even get to the issues of time differentials (roughly in line with Germany) or what I am sure is going to be completely lol-tastic internet performance. I leave it up to the league to determine whether I should just sit out the season, or join up and see what happens and accept any possible forfeits.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 11:21:40 AM

You think it will be just a few weeks - HA!

Depending on where you are going, make sure you have more than one internet source, mobile 3g, adsl, various wireless bullshit, all decent but you'll need more than one. Also if you are shipping a desktop PC, you'll want a UPS (I use a laptop and turns out batteries are p cool).

99% of the time I do fine from Joburg, but have needed my redundant connections more than once.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Playoffs CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH!  
Jump to: