Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: DOTA2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOTA2  (Read 461605 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1715 on: February 24, 2016, 03:18:52 PM

You can get the full experience now even with VoDs!

http://blog.twitch.tv/2016/02/introducing-chat-replay/

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1716 on: February 24, 2016, 05:06:05 PM

I watch live or not at all, plus I don't read twitch chat.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1717 on: February 26, 2016, 03:57:21 AM

So is it me or is this major a dumpster fire?

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1718 on: February 26, 2016, 06:34:58 AM

It's amusing to me that there is a population out there that likes twitch chat.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1719 on: February 26, 2016, 06:45:50 AM

So is it me or is this major a dumpster fire?

So far what I have seen the production values are so far below what Frankfurt had that it is painful to watch.

I think part of what we are seeing is that they are inviting too many teams by "reputation" who don't deserve to be at an event like this. Most of the teams invited have barely played any matches on this patch.

Also, this patch sucks for teams not Alliance.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1720 on: February 26, 2016, 07:08:49 AM

That fucking title card screen with no information or even background music. Half the time I check to see if my stream is frozen or not.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1721 on: February 26, 2016, 07:20:22 AM

The main stream kept going offline for me last night so I just said fuck it and went and read a book. Then this morning I decided to watch for a couple minutes...."DotaMajor has gone offline" mid sentence from Blitz.

Oh and having swindle as a panelist last night. That guy is so full of himself and so nasty towards other people's game it is no wonder more than half his team told him to fuck off and went and formed their own team.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1722 on: February 26, 2016, 08:14:08 AM

Not sure how they can call this a major.  It's got worse production values than a random LoL LCS match.  And god, the lag. 

Doesn't help that I haven't watched in a while, so I have no idea what's up with this meta.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:15:59 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1723 on: February 26, 2016, 08:28:15 AM

The production values on the "casual" events run by BTS and Moonduck are better than this.

And I just heard that they fired the hosting guy last night, which I don't really mind, myself. His goofy bantering stuff would be fine at one of the casual events like The Summit but the Major needs to seem a little more professional.

The meta is "this patch buffed all 4 heroes Admiral Bulldog plays well" so Alliance pretty much gets to play their style.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:30:06 AM by Chimpy »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1724 on: February 26, 2016, 04:37:01 PM

2GD was the only thing saving this shit show.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1725 on: February 26, 2016, 05:11:35 PM

2GD was the only thing saving this shit show.

Dude, I don't think anything can save this shitshow.

EDIT: there is no English language panel discussion at all today so far it looks like. What a terribly managed event so far. Reading up it looks like they fired the broadcaster, KeyTV. The streams are being run by the casters themselves.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:44:40 PM by Chimpy »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1726 on: February 26, 2016, 09:14:30 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/47sc46/update_from_the_shanghai_major/

Two things:

1) James. We've had issues with James at previous events. Some Valve people lobbied to bring him back for Shanghai, feeling that he deserved another chance. That was a mistake. James is an ass, and we won't be working with him again.

2) As long as we're firing people, we are also firing the production company that we've been working with on the Shanghai Major. They will be replaced, and we hope to get this turned around before the main event.

As always, I can be reached at gaben@valvesoftware.com.

Gabe

Man 2GD, what did you DO.  why so serious?

-edit-

I am having fun watching Moonducks 'hosting' in betwen games.

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #1727 on: February 26, 2016, 11:10:34 PM

I generally only watch the major tournaments of a couple MOBAs (in order of amount; Dota 2, Smite, HotS, occasional LoL) and have close to zero clue as to how anything works in the moba scene, let alone the Dota 2 scene, but..

2GD was atrocious. Horrible, horrible host. One of the worst I've seen of any esport host. Overtly dickish with not enough humour to save it, long, long awkward pauses where he did and said nothing (my favourite was an almost 2 minute stretch where the entire panel was dead silent as he just stared them down between dumb topics). Then the roasting of a couple players was also bad (entertaining, but from a business perspective? That alone, given how some of it was entirely personal, would be grounds for him to be fired from just about any broadcasting job). Glad he got fired, personally. The panel has been far better today (in large part because they've been talking a lot more about the games).

The production company has also been atrocious. Better today (though the secondary stream seemed to stutter a bit at times), but the dead air graphic with no sound, timer til next game, etc., are all stuff someone should be fired for (and apparently have been, at least going forward?).

All that aside.. the games themselves haven't been that good so far, either.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1728 on: March 02, 2016, 04:26:30 AM

This tourney is ZZZzzzZZZzzz so far. It's like a perfect storm of uninteresting.

Maybe once the elimination stage starts to really kick off it'll pick up.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1729 on: March 03, 2016, 12:02:25 PM

This tourney is ZZZzzzZZZzzz so far. It's like a perfect storm of uninteresting.

Maybe once the elimination stage starts to really kick off it'll pick up.

I disagree, I think Shanghai has been amazing to follow so far.  why so serious?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1730 on: March 03, 2016, 12:45:13 PM

Only for how horribly they botched the English stream production. The twitch stream keeps going offline mid-match.

Also, if you go by the results of this major, China is the worst region since they have zero teams left and all other regions have two or more (even the region that got no direct invites) DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #1731 on: March 03, 2016, 04:28:29 PM

The quality of play hasn't been too bad, but a number of teams seem to be making a lot of 'wtf?' decisions and mistakes that even the casters/panels are surprised by.

The production values have been astoundingly low. It's gotten better as it's gone along, at least in terms of viewers. Fewer stream drops (still a couple each night, though.. just less than the first few days), less sound issues, etc., but the technical issues causing pauses are still rampant.

I'd hoped for some better play, though. I did enjoy the base race match in the group stage, though.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1732 on: March 03, 2016, 05:54:08 PM

From what I've managed to catch so far, it's been pretty decent. Apart from the technical issues and the resurgence of Lone Druid as a pick, watching Alliance get blown out by a Furion was adorable.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1733 on: March 03, 2016, 07:45:41 PM

I'm actually quite enjoying the 'Shanghai Shitshow.' It's crossed over into So Bad It's Good territory. It's like an adventure in finding out what new way they can screw up.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1734 on: March 04, 2016, 09:52:22 AM

Fnatic, whaaaaaaat?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1735 on: March 06, 2016, 09:22:48 AM

So it's over. Let the mass roster shuffle commence!

XBOCT has already been tossed by Empire lol.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1736 on: March 07, 2016, 07:14:25 AM

Well to be fair, with how the majors and roster locking works now, it's better for everyone to sort through that shit as soon as possible.

Also: http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/505247-player-equipment-possibly-missing-after-shanghai

why so serious?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1737 on: March 08, 2016, 06:32:30 AM

Roster lock for Manila is March 27 and will last through TI6.

6 months with no roster shuffles, how will the Dota world cope?

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1738 on: March 22, 2016, 09:00:23 PM

Nailed it!

I'll be surprised if they can win with RTZ.

He seems like the kind of guy who is a constant team cancer, subtly undermines the people around him, and who goes on tilt when things start to go wrong. Reading between the lines it seems like his negative attitude is a large part of the reason Secret didn't do as well as expected in TI - he basically convinced himself and the team that they were going to lose, then did so. FFS he was trolling / on tilt even during the for-fun 10 v 10 game.

I think that sort of thing matters a lot more in eSports than actual sports. In sports there is a lot of pure execution, but in eSports a lot of games come down to decision making, which is the first thing you lose when on tilt.

The guy left EG in a huff, now he left the super team largely created for him in a huff. Spoiler: he'll be huffing again on EG.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1739 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:04 PM

Universe leaving to go with him is the crazy part, and probably the bigger issue for EG

Sumail's response Twitter was great though:
"might start winning tournaments again LOL"

Now that Secret has 3 Canadians, are they the top NA team?  why so serious?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1740 on: March 23, 2016, 12:53:12 PM

There's only what, like a week before roster lock too?

Sucks for Misery and W33.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1741 on: March 23, 2016, 03:25:44 PM

There's only what, like a week before roster lock too?

Sucks for Misery and W33.

The lock is 12am on 27th, so barely over three days now.

Looking at things it seems like this has caused a bunch of other people to get screwed. Aui and Bulba must be going back to EG because DC apparently disbanded, Resolution is now looking for a team at the last minute. Which could only happen if Aui was bailing at the last minute, though I can't see him going back to EG if PPD is still on the team after the way PPD trashed him.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:52:17 PM by Chimpy »

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1742 on: March 27, 2016, 09:57:55 AM

So the insanity caused by Arteezy deciding to jump to a "more successful" team yet again (and the banning of a set of Peru's best players for match fixing) is over.

DC's new roster looks really strong, and since they are competing in NA they are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the major/TI as Complexity and them are really the best of the two non-EG teams with Archon folding and EliteWolves getting destroyed by bans.

I think my "favorite" team is going to be Vegetable eSports Club which is pretty much all the on screen talent for many events (Merlini/Purge/Maelk/Capitalist/Blitz.) When they play in the Open qualifier they all (except Maelk) stream so you can get a "what's going on in the team communication" view.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1743 on: April 25, 2016, 11:42:23 AM

http://www.dota2.com/687

So many crazy things going on I'm not even sure where to start.  I'm not convinced they are all good things either.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1744 on: April 25, 2016, 11:48:08 AM

Jesus why would you make so many major changes mid-season?
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #1745 on: April 25, 2016, 12:49:13 PM

I'd say we are just very, very late into spring pre-season rather than midseason. Im cautiously optimistic at first glance. Pub FOTM got needed nerfs. Ranked AP ban phase probably keeps some future cancer from spreading to much. Supports in general buffed. The INT spell damage thing seems weird, but any hero interested in that would probably be building aether lens anyway, and with the nerf to that item (8%-5%) will probably come out about even.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1746 on: April 25, 2016, 12:57:12 PM

Jesus why would you make so many major changes mid-season?

Timing is the same as before Shanghai. Literally 3 days before the last LAN event before qualifying for the major.

I think the reason Shanghai sucked so bad was because they didn't do like Frankfurt where the patch came out right after TI and roster lock/qualifiers were not until after a couple of other decent sized LANs.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1747 on: April 27, 2016, 08:03:01 AM

So they announced uncles the invites for Manila. 12 direct invites, at least six of which are for teams that probably would not make it through a qualifier.

Only 1 qualifier spot per region.

Valve really needs to come up with a sensible and documented method of how the tournaments invites are decided.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1748 on: June 02, 2016, 03:44:57 PM

Manila Major group stages start tonight.

Should be some good Dota, at least from Group A and B, maybe group C. Group D is a potential dumpster fire and might not produce a single top 8 finisher.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1749 on: June 02, 2016, 04:17:20 PM

Are these local or online?

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: DOTA2  
Jump to: