Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:37:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: DOTA2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOTA2  (Read 464390 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1645 on: August 16, 2015, 12:56:38 PM

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

I'm still kinda wtf'ing over Aui being kicked. I really did not see EG doing any roster changes post TI, since they seemed so successful with that group. Between DAC and Ti that group won like what, 2 million each?  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1646 on: August 18, 2015, 01:05:10 AM

I'll be surprised if they can win with RTZ.

He seems like the kind of guy who is a constant team cancer, subtly undermines the people around him, and who goes on tilt when things start to go wrong. Reading between the lines it seems like his negative attitude is a large part of the reason Secret didn't do as well as expected in TI - he basically convinced himself and the team that they were going to lose, then did so. FFS he was trolling / on tilt even during the for-fun 10 v 10 game.

I think that sort of thing matters a lot more in eSports than actual sports. In sports there is a lot of pure execution, but in eSports a lot of games come down to decision making, which is the first thing you lose when on tilt.

The guy left EG in a huff, now he left the super team largely created for him in a huff. Spoiler: he'll be huffing again on EG.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1647 on: August 18, 2015, 05:26:42 AM

And you know he was probably fucking whining/worming his way back into Fear/PPD/Universe's good graces even before TI ended.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1648 on: August 19, 2015, 02:04:28 PM

I'll be surprised if they can win with RTZ.

He seems like the kind of guy who is a constant team cancer, subtly undermines the people around him, and who goes on tilt when things start to go wrong. Reading between the lines it seems like his negative attitude is a large part of the reason Secret didn't do as well as expected in TI - he basically convinced himself and the team that they were going to lose, then did so. FFS he was trolling / on tilt even during the for-fun 10 v 10 game.

I think that sort of thing matters a lot more in eSports than actual sports. In sports there is a lot of pure execution, but in eSports a lot of games come down to decision making, which is the first thing you lose when on tilt.

The guy left EG in a huff, now he left the super team largely created for him in a huff. Spoiler: he'll be huffing again on EG.

Umm.  I don't like RTZ (typical internet gamer douchehole behavior), but blaming everything wrong with Secret on him?  If he was the problem, the whole team wouldn't have blown up after TI...  and it isn't the (less than a year old) team's first blow up as they had two different players before Zai/RTZ joined from EG.  Word on the street was lots of personality conflicts despite the fact that they put up really good results in lans running up to TI.

PPD (captain/5 player for EG) has a blog post about roster changes.  http://peterpandam.blogspot.com/2015/08/post-ti5-blog.html?m=1
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1649 on: August 19, 2015, 02:11:55 PM

Double post!

Rick and Morty announcer pack should be going live any day now.  Lines were released/are in game now.  http://pastebin.com/m1NBFjtG

Examples:

warlock_01.mp3
Morty, where do you think he gets all those golems that he's summoning? Yeah, he's taking them away from their families and friends. No wonder they're so pissed.

sniper_01.mp3
Hey, geez Rick, why does Santa Claus have all kinds of weapons and bombs and stuff? Because he's pissed Morty. You were a bad boy this year. Santa Claus is real.

nyx_02.mp3
Boy I hope the Knicks win this year or this guy's gonna get piiissed.

meepo_01.mp3
Uh oh, Morty. It's the Meeseeks of Dota 2.

Also, they were trying to put in a Meeseeks courier....  god I hope it went in.

EDIT:

In and purchased.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:57:32 PM by Johny Cee »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1650 on: September 05, 2015, 10:14:04 PM

A pro game so close a hair couldn't fit in between the space.

https://youtu.be/FGDbeLkzulw

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1651 on: September 06, 2015, 02:11:13 AM

38 HP. And then another hair. Unbelievable. A sport movie or an anime couldn't have made it more epic.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1652 on: September 14, 2015, 03:19:10 PM

So, I don't really follow Dota but apparently it just got an engine update, and with that comes the ability to create custom games, accessible from within the Dota UI, using some of the Source tools. The whole system still needs some work but some of my old favorites from WC3 already have early versions available. Hopefully it catches on.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1653 on: September 14, 2015, 03:27:00 PM

Yes Dota 2 Reborn left Beta on Friday and runs on the new Source Engine 2.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1654 on: September 14, 2015, 09:35:02 PM

Yes Dota 2 Reborn left Beta on Friday and runs on the new Source Engine 2.

Watching some streams of tournaments over the weekend, and the amount of bugs that are in Reborn, it seems more like it left Alpha and went into Beta  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1655 on: September 24, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

I know we have a lot more people who have played both here and I thought this was fun:

http://www.dotabuff.com/learn/lol

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1656 on: September 24, 2015, 04:18:35 PM

Hah, I got Techies in the champ suggestion. Probably because I put Teemo on my list.

I haven't played LoL in so long that almost half the champions weren't even in the game the last time I played.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1657 on: September 24, 2015, 07:09:16 PM

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1658 on: September 25, 2015, 11:37:58 AM

Wow, those are some pretty big changes on a lot of stuff.

Will be interesting to see how the matches this weekend play out.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1659 on: October 12, 2015, 01:16:27 PM

Liquid vs. Alliance, game 3 of the Frankfurt Majors

So. Many. Trees!

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1660 on: October 13, 2015, 11:31:31 AM

Bulldog is legion

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1661 on: October 19, 2015, 07:29:48 AM

While not a huge DOTA watcher, did anyone see this yet?

Na'Vi disbands their DOTA 2 team.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1662 on: October 19, 2015, 09:15:08 AM

Yah, that broke last week I think?  Bound to happen.  They should try to retain Sonneiko, but the rest are not worth building a team around. They're either too inconsistent, throw heavy (hello XBOCT), or just outclassed on the competitive stage.

-Rasix
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1663 on: October 19, 2015, 03:56:48 PM

Yah, that broke last week I think?  Bound to happen.  They should try to retain Sonneiko, but the rest are not worth building a team around. They're either too inconsistent, throw heavy (hello XBOCT), or just outclassed on the competitive stage.

Broke on Friday I think. And XBOCT was definitely the anchor weighing that team down.

And I must say, as a spectator, the meta that is forming with this patch is pretty good. Lots of action starting early on, much more varied drafts because there are not individual heroes like Leshrac last patch that are too powerful to not be picked or banned. Both the Fall Major qualifiers and MLG World Series in the last couple of weeks were overall pretty fun to watch.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1664 on: October 20, 2015, 01:37:56 PM

News is that Dendi and Sonneiko are back with Na'Vi.

So it was really about ditching XBOCT and Funnik.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1665 on: October 20, 2015, 01:40:05 PM

http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/496987-new-navi-to-be-led-by-dendi-and-sonneiko

-fake edit-
I was too slow.  Shaking fist

In terms of quality of play, I'm a little surprised they kept Dendi. He hasn't been preforming to his usual standards as of late. In terms of the brand, I am not surprised at all as Dendi may be the most beloved of all Dota players in existence and him playing on a silent personal stream is like a instant 30k viewers.  why so serious?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1666 on: October 20, 2015, 02:23:59 PM

Dendi will probably move from Mid to the hard carry or offlane (or even a support like Fear did) I think.

These new kids in the mid lane are just destroying the veterans recently.

And just to throw a guess out there, I would not be surprised if Vanskor and Artes end up being picked up to join Na'Vi as according to the "transfer list" on Liquidpedia they left CIS rejects the day after the Na'Vi purge.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:30:33 PM by Chimpy »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1667 on: October 20, 2015, 03:43:55 PM

Just in general, it seems like a lot of things that made older teams/players special, is now the new default baseline for top tier teams.

What used to be amazing and 'impossible' Dendi only plays, are now expected and routine of almost of most mid players. Teams that had success on farm efficiency or map awareness and stuff, that's just how ALL teams at the top function now. The Bar went up and a lot of older squads didn't keep up.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1668 on: November 14, 2015, 11:29:21 AM

The first of the new Majors is going on now.  $3 million prize pool.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1669 on: November 14, 2015, 11:44:23 AM

Which is larger than LoL's 2015 World Championship prize pool.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1670 on: November 14, 2015, 11:52:30 AM

Never underestimate how badly people want their hats!

-edit- Some of the games have been really good but others have been REALLY bad. There's a huge gulf in skill level between Top tier teams and the next rung under them.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:20:31 PM by Fordel »

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1671 on: November 14, 2015, 05:47:06 PM

So far just watched the EG games.  Secret is next, since from the little I've paid attention to says they're probably the team to beat now.

EG has been pretty interesting...  Sumail/Arteezy have both been swapping off mid/safe, aggro tris, dual mids.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1672 on: November 14, 2015, 05:55:19 PM

Never underestimate how badly people want their hats!

-edit- Some of the games have been really good but others have been REALLY bad. There's a huge gulf in skill level between Top tier teams and the next rung under them.

TI has the long group stages to weed out the teams that don't belong at the event.  This was invite only, and a small group stage to determine seeding.  We're seeing the teams that barely scored an invite play against the favorites to determine seeding.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1673 on: November 14, 2015, 06:57:57 PM

It wasn't invite only, only 8 teams were direct invite, the other 8 came through the 4 regional qualifiers.

As for the quality of the teams, this new Secret lineup is really the number one team at the moment. They have won two of the three big LANs since TI and were in the finals of the other (which was right after 6.85 dropped and they lost to Vega who at the time had the most competitive games on the patch).

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1674 on: November 15, 2015, 10:03:14 AM

It wasn't invite only, only 8 teams were direct invite, the other 8 came through the 4 regional qualifiers.

Yah, you're right.

Alchemist seems to be picked a fair amount.  If you don't know, he got a buff a few months ago....  he can now get an Agh Scepter, then give an ally the Scepter buff/stats.  That means in really late game situations your Alc is giving his allies a 7th item slot.  Alchemist was unplayable before the rubber band/comeback mechanic was balanced....  the comeback mechanic used to mean the Alc would farm super well, get ganked, and feed the enemy a huge portion of his net worth in gold/xp.

Edit:

Alch is generally a shitty hero who is completely balanced by his ability to farm (Greevils Greed provides a huge money boost).  If you see games where Alch is ahead on the gold board but seems pretty ineffective that's way.  Usually why he is paired with a carry who can be active on the board early (Gyro, etc.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:13:01 AM by Johny Cee »
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1675 on: November 15, 2015, 10:25:24 AM

The crazy farming alch strat was big in the first few weeks after 6.85 but now that teams have figured out a couple of relatively easy ways to counter it, it really is not as popular. The gifted scepter strat really only comes into play in late game and to make that effective you really need to draft heroes that get a big advantage from having one but would not normally buy one because they don't farm fast enough to make it worth it. Usually those heroes that synergize best in that situation have weaknesses that are easily exploited early to mid game. Thus why it has fallen off.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1676 on: November 16, 2015, 01:22:57 PM

Newbie just lost to.. Peruvians? Wat.

-Rasix
Lounge
Terracotta Army

Reply #1677 on: November 16, 2015, 05:00:53 PM

Peruvians who played in from the open to everyone qualifier.  They didn't even rate an invite to the Americas qualifier for this event and they just displaced the TI4 champs.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1678 on: November 16, 2015, 05:28:20 PM

Peruvians who played in from the open to everyone qualifier.  They didn't even rate an invite to the Americas qualifier for this event and they just displaced the TI4 champs.

The gauntlet of playing competitive matches pretty much non stop (qualifiers for multiple big LANs) since early September has really helped a lot of these teams. Granted, Newbee is not anywhere near as good or cohesive as they were last year, but the big name teams can't just rest on their laurels between the major events they get direct invites to as these teams that play through all these qualifiers are getting competitive experience which just lounging around and playing scrims won't really match. This new roster lock/seasonal major schedule is already doing wonders with making teams stick together long enough to learn to play together. Next years TI is going to be a lot more competitive top to bottom than it was this year.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1679 on: November 18, 2015, 08:52:09 AM

So, EG vs CDEC just finished in the Upper Bracket, with Secret vs VG to figure out the other team in the UB finals starting in about an hour.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: DOTA2  
Jump to: