Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:53:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 4 Playoff Speculation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 4 Playoff Speculation  (Read 36043 times)
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 01:01:00 PM

hmm. pretty sure i can take carnifex, especially with him down a saurus, but ICE is another matter.  go ezrast go! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Should be an interesting match, the TV difference should be enough for a mercenary Saurus though, so I hope you weren't counting on that to be the primary difference  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  ICE beat the crap out of me the first time we played iirc, so I'm praying for Ezrast to upset as well.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 01:37:47 PM

Just chat with ICE a lot and he'll reliably turnover by running out of time responding to you.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 03:02:04 PM

Just seen my first match of the playoffs is against Andydavo, so not much chance of an upset methinks, but hey at least tier noob is represented in the playoffs and it's been a blast playing with you all this season which is the main thing.

No no, you're doing it wrong! It goes like this:

THE LIZARDMENS HUNGER FOR ELF BLOOD

God Save the Horn Players
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:22 PM

Just chat with ICE a lot and he'll reliably turnover by running out of time responding to you.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Damnit, don't listen to him. I am taciturn by nature!

Also: wth, it's me and 3 Lizard teams? I hate Lizards.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 03:20:48 PM

Does this look right?

Looks like we'll get a rematch!

Ice Cream WIN Ice Cream WIN Ice Cream WIN

Carnifex WIN

Proudft WIN Proudft WIN

AndyDavo WIN

Llyse WIN

Ruvaldt WIN Ruvaldt WIN

Lamaros WIN Lamaros WIN Lamaros WIN

Comstar WIN
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 03:40:05 PM

Wow, you have Ruvaldt beating me and Llyse? Brave guy.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 03:41:50 PM

And somewhat ludicriously, Proudft beating me. Which never happens, at any game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 04:20:03 PM

What, never?

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 04:21:17 PM

I beat your Khemri with my Goblins, didn't I?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 04:24:52 PM

Proudft, that's not the next line. :(

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 04:26:35 PM

I beat your Khemri with my Goblins, didn't I?

Yeah *that's* a good omen for you.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 07:14:13 PM

Wow, you have Ruvaldt beating me and Llyse? Brave guy.  Ohhhhh, I see.

His chaos team is pretty good, and you're both a good matchup for him.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 08:46:16 PM

The Presidents are pretty good, and I'm 2-0 vs. Norse this season.  My record vs. Strazos is 0-1-1, but that was with lesser teams.  I plan to equalize.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 01:31:11 PM

I'm going out in the second round? I see. I think it's going to be me vs dwarves in round 2 and me vs icecream in round 3. not sure about the final thou
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 02:13:47 PM

I'll take Megrim's elves from the lower half.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 13, 2011, 02:27:05 PM

I'm going out in the second round? I see. I think it's going to be me vs dwarves in round 2 and me vs icecream in round 3. not sure about the final thou

I fail to understand why anyone doesn't think you will at least make it to the final.  If I could place money on the playoffs I'd put it all on Sky's favourite ringer. awesome, for real
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #51 on: July 13, 2011, 02:34:26 PM

I'm just waiting for someone to give his elves a proper curbstomping.

Just Hit Harder.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #52 on: July 13, 2011, 02:36:17 PM

I hear dwarves hit kinda hard. Assuming they can catch 'em.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 13, 2011, 03:14:34 PM

Nah, the regular season is for curbstomping -- the playoff are for winning.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 13, 2011, 03:34:47 PM

I fail to understand why anyone doesn't think you will at least make it to the final.  If I could place money on the playoffs I'd put it all on Sky's favourite ringer. awesome, for real

yay - one vote of confidence !
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 04:03:56 PM

Where's the fun in predicting what you actually think will happen?  awesome, for real

In all seriousness though, Ruvaldt does have a decent team and finished second in one of the more competitive groups (Andy excluded). He could give Llyse's team a shake if they come up against each other.

Andy will probably make the final though, I will admit.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:14:45 PM by lamaros »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 04:17:54 PM

The winner of the Playoffs and the Failoffs should fight each other in a sort of fucked up World Series.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #57 on: July 13, 2011, 04:52:13 PM

Cake. It's delicious!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:05:08 PM by Sky »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 04:53:54 PM

I KNOW WHAT IS UP WITH THIS GUY I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW WINNING TOURNAMENTS MADE UP OF OTHER GUYS I DON'T KNOW GOD
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 05:39:39 PM

AndyDavo is not fun to play. Period. All the other people I've played that I don't really know? They're fun.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 05:52:38 PM

You haven't played me yet. I swear a lot and insult you. One time, drogg broke down crying.

So elaborate: what makes Andy so awful?

Because the thing is that after two seasons, all I can figure is that it's because he plays to win and does so in a business-like fashion. And that Sky has some very strange, very insular ideas of internet community.

For the record, I'm immediately inclined to be intensely irritated by someone seemingly unable to type in complete, properly spelled sentences. I judge you by your grammar and spelling. But watching a trickle dogpile led by Sky, who seemingly disliked him just because he wasn't naturally of f13, made me pretty sympathetic to the rough around the edges newbie.

Really, illuminate me, someone. What sort of f13 gaming is the ideal, besides chain buying MMOs and quitting them two weeks in?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:54:36 PM by Modern Angel »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 05:54:48 PM

Andy hasn't in any way engaged with the forums here outside of the league, and still posts like a 10 year old.

Though I think Sky is being a sulk and an ass in his posts about Andy I am beginning to agree with him. If he plays with us he should at least make an effort. Andy has had enough time (two seasons!) and doesn't really seem to care.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:57:02 PM by lamaros »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 05:58:57 PM

Neither has drogg, Reborne or a few others and I'm increasingly the same way.  Maybe this is the only game he plays. I don't follow that as an immediate disqualifier.

I'm not saying he's some rad dude. I'm saying that Sky was so over the top shitty to him from the first post, and has milked it for so long now, that the quasi-literate introvert suddenly didn't look so bad.

Really, I'm not going to shed tears if he stays or goes; I just want to play. But threatening to quit if he wins is just one of the most internet things (and not in a good way, like videos of people falling down) I can think of.

EDIT: Incidentally, no other game/set-up f13 has done since SWG has attracted the interest and new blood that the BB leagues have. Find another forum with as many sub-500 (or even sub-100) post count users active in them. They don't exist. If kicking new blood out for not being active enough in the other threads by some arbitrary measure becomes de rigeur, this place ain't long for this world.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:09:05 PM by Modern Angel »
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 06:07:46 PM

Once again. Facepalm
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 06:11:27 PM

So elaborate: what makes Andy so awful?

Because the thing is that after two seasons, all I can figure is that it's because he plays to win and does so in a business-like fashion. And that Sky has some very strange, very insular ideas of internet community.

I can deal with him playing to win. It's the bullshit like fouling and crowdsurfing my dudes who are not anywhere near his ball carrier that's about to run the ball in for his fourth touchdown. It doesn't benefit him in the least to do that, as it's better I'm at full health to beat the shit out of his competition (I still had Ruvault to play, after all) and he doesn't get SPP for surfing or fouling. Punch my dudes for SPP, run up the score, and godspeed on that, but don't throw useless fouls when you have the game well in hand.

I'm also not a big fan of "helpful" tips like "u need a deepr bench" when I had already detailed how I had lost two very expensive pieces at the very start of the season and had only just finally replaced them.

I don't give a flying fuck that AndyDavo isn't "part of the community." I give a flying fuck that he is no fun to play and a terrible winner.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 06:19:12 PM

Then there needs to be a sportsmanship rule and people should lobby for one. Turn 16 Fouls Get The Game Invalidated, So Sayeth Falconeer. Something like that. As it is, most leagues of any longevity explicitly say it's FINE to foul on turn 16 and they're not leagues of Davo clones typing in cellphone speak to each other.

Seriously, that's something to bring up if you feel strongly about it. As it is, I probably won't foul if I'm winning but I will gladly foul you if I'm losing out of sheer spite and because I'm secretly RPing as an orc behind the screen. And next season, with my goblins, *I will probably foul people every other turn.*
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 06:29:14 PM

Look, you asked why I don't like playing him, and I answered. I don't give a shit what people do in other "leagues of any longevity." I don't play in those. It's almost like that is part of the reason why, with all the GRR SRS BIZNESS and the BE AS BIG A DICK AS YOU CAN. I'm also not going to kick my feet and demand a "sportsmanship rule." I'm just going to think you're an asshole and avoid playing you as much as I can. <shrug>

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 13, 2011, 06:37:23 PM

Listen, I'm just pointing out that if this bugs you so much, then lobby for it. I'm also pointing out that it's a completely accepted part of the game to do those things. If it's not explicitly disallowed, then it's allowable. If it's so upsetting that you would avoid people or quit the league, lobby for the change; that's not stamping your feet, it's setting up league rules. That's how it works.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 06:48:43 PM

Afraid I'm with MA on this one. I haven't played Andy; I do think he's kind of a douche for blatantly ignoring our requests to find his fucking shift key, but fuck, we've got a group of over 30 people coordinating games, having fun, and generally being gracious and pleasant, and only one douche out of that many people is pretty damn good. I mean, if Sky or whoever would rather take off than put up with it, that's no skin off my nose, but I thought the f13 way of dealing with annoying newbies was to publicly shame them with grammar corrections, image macros, and vitriol until they go away. Instead, we're getting all huffy in a weird passive-aggressive conversation where we all talk about Andy in third person like he's not right here reading this. What gives? Is it because he's better at a video game than we are? Are we that insecure?

edit: "whomever" is for objects, not subjects.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:02:23 PM by ezrast »
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: July 13, 2011, 07:01:46 PM

What gives? Is it because he's better at a video game than we are? Are we that insecure?

Pretty much.  He kicked the shit out of me last season but you won't find me whining like a fucking man child because of it.  Some people here are starting to look like real poor losers, which is much more deserving of mockery than a horrible posting style.  Its getting embarrassing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 4 Playoff Speculation  
Jump to: