Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #7  (Read 29842 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: July 02, 2011, 01:26:07 PM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #7
** All games have to be played BEFORE July 13rd 2011 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE July 13rd 2011 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 01:27:50 PM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #6

Scores:

Standings (6 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 01:33:19 PM

The time has come, Andydavo.

Our unnecessary match between the top 1 and 2 teams of Stormbringer will surely be a cathartic bloodletting for the ages!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:15 PM

Falc:

I have a 4 day weekend right now so I m as available as I'll ever be. Let me know a good time for you.

PS I hope you like tackle.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 02:29:44 PM

Let me know when you want to play SirT. It's all about you and your needs for this last game, as far as I'm concerned.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 03:26:00 PM

Yo an advance of the game day would also be a cunning addition... :)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:12:22 PM

So I need to beat Gruntle AND have more touchdowns than Avaia to get in the playoffs if he beats Carnifex, who would be the favourite in that game. Least there's only one guy on the other team with tackle this time..and a Minotaur with block and 360k on inducements.

Meanwhile, I'm about to get knocked out of the playoffs, and into the loser bowl. More skill points for the skill point god I guess.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:17:05 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 04:23:40 PM

Yo an advance of the game day would also be a cunning addition... :)

As stated in the other thread, I am not advancing the day until all games have been properly uploaded on BBManager.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 05:27:35 PM

Ice is through.

I have to lose and have gruntle win, and avaia win by a differential of 8 or more between our two games, but with more goals against me (ie 5-0 to ice, 3-0 to avaia) to go out, otherwise I am safe.

Carnifex is in a similar position to me, not losing gets him safe, though he needs to make sure he doesn't lose by more than me if we both lose badly and gruntle wins/comstar wins by heaps.

Gruntle needs to win, or draw and have avaia not win.

Comstar needs to win and have avaia and carnifex draw, have carnifex win, or have avaia win by fewer than he does.

Avaia needs to win an have gruntle and comstar draw, or have comstar win by a few scores less than he does, or absolutly demolish carnifex by 4 goals or so.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:31:01 PM by lamaros »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 07:58:25 PM

Let me know when you want to play SirT. It's all about you and your needs for this last game, as far as I'm concerned.  Heart

I'm free all day tomorrow and am going to be busy modding Morrowind so it doesn't look like someone took a sneeze all over my monitor, so I'll be at my computer. Let me know when you are free and we can do it then, assuming the game has advanced by that stage. Do you have mumble?

Hic sunt dracones.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 08:14:26 PM

At this point, I am already in nurgle fucking mode.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 08:29:41 PM

I'm free all day tomorrow and am going to be busy modding Morrowind so it doesn't look like someone took a sneeze all over my monitor, so I'll be at my computer. Let me know when you are free and we can do it then, assuming the game has advanced by that stage. Do you have mumble?

I have mumble but I hate using voice. <3

God Save the Horn Players
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 05:57:21 AM

Game Day #7 is now officially ON.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 06:59:00 AM

Me and Strazos are playing in a nebulous Sometime Today arrangement. We're both East Coasters with zero commitments today, so it'll be up when it's up.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 08:19:57 AM

Upload stats, Falc! Some of us need to pour over them obsessively!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 08:28:54 AM

Ooo, yeah, good call. Statwhores unite!
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 01:03:02 PM

The time has come, Andydavo.

Our unnecessary match between the top 1 and 2 teams of Stormbringer will surely be a cathartic bloodletting for the ages!

Can u  play on sunday evening at all?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 01:14:38 PM

Diplomatic Immunity 1 Team Snoosnoo 1

It was a tale of mirror image halves, both exceedingly bashy and gory.

The first half was the Norse having their way with the orcs. I don't think he failed a single single die block the entire half and my armor was like paper. I also fucked up and set my two flanks up for frenzy crowd-surfing, though it only worked on one due to Freight Train Joe having Fend. But even without that fuck up, the half would be entirely Norse. I was down to six orcs at one point, with my veteran troll being on the sidelines. I made a game effort but there just wasn't anything I could do.

The second half was almost exactly the same but in reverse. The orcs created a big scrum in the middle which drew the Norse in and then began to lay waste. I think I had *him* down to six by the end. Even then, his strength 5 werewolf almost carried the day, typing up several people. In the end, though, I scored on turn 16 with a goblin pick up near the end zone after a comedy of blocking related errors.

Snoosnoo plays its last league game as a tie, which is the story of the past two seasons for the underperforming orcs, while Strazos prepares for the playoffs with several players out injured.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 01:45:49 PM

Snoosnoos still have to undergo the meatgrinder and the humiliation of the Failoffs. They won't get out of here alive that easily.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 01:53:58 PM

I know. Our version of the Chaos Cup.

I intend to win it.

Also, if I retire Snoosnoo and just leave them fallow, no other leagues, can I bring them back in two or three seasons if I want?
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 02:16:36 PM

Celer I have added you as a friend on steam, I should be around most evenings UK time (GMT) but if that's not suitable then will make time this weekend to get our game in, friday night of early saturday would be my preference if we have to wait till then.
Strazos

Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 04:17:27 PM

MA's assessment is completely accurate. I would have won in the end if I had made the SMARTER play and just tried to pick up the ball (TWICE) before engaging in what I judged to be safe blocks. Just thinking about it makes me angry, since even if I didn't manage to get a hand on the ball, it was my star Runner with Diving Tackle, so I likely would have been able to keep the goblin from advancing....Eh, C'est la vie.

Also, my only player out next week is my useless Thrower, who...well, with 3 permanent injuries now (+1 injury rolls, -1 MV, AV) he may be getting cut soon. I like his leader roll, but yeesh...Also, I had a lineman level up, but unfortunately I again do not roll doubles so I just gave him Pro. I almost screwed up the first TD as well, trying to hand-off to my big bad 5 STR wolf, but like the stud he is, he managed to pick up the ball on Turn 8 without even using a reroll.

Playoffs, assuming I am in, should be...interesting. And I feel sorry for anyone playing MA in the Chaos Bowl...he's gonna hurt someone.

EDIT: Whew, just checked the stats - a tie locked me into a playoff berth. With Celer and Ulysees playing each other, only 1 can advance (in this case, Ulysees has to win).

Also:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:21:28 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 04:23:37 PM

Gruntle - I was all ready to play you in 30 minutes, but I have an emergency dentist appointment to kick in my teeth instead. I'm the lobby but I won't be able to stay for more than 5 minutes before I can't play today. if you don't see this in time, how about tomorrow?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Strazos

Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 04:39:39 PM

So...I was looking through the log, and saw an incident with MA's troll that confused me. One of my linemen knocked the Troll on his butt, and injured him. Apoth comes in, and turns this into -1STR...which MA aptly declines and just takes the BH. All of this is in the log.

What I am confused about is - I see nothing in here about a regen roll, so I am STILL wondering how the Troll managed to be able to play the rest of the game. I'm sure it's not MAs fault - I'm just wondering, cause I would have really liked to see that Troll sit in the box the whole game instead of coming back at the half and being annoying with Guard in the second.

Fear the Backstab!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 04:48:50 PM

So...I was looking through the log, and saw an incident with MA's troll that confused me. One of my linemen knocked the Troll on his butt, and injured him. Apoth comes in, and turns this into -1STR...which MA aptly declines and just takes the BH. All of this is in the log.

What I am confused about is - I see nothing in here about a regen roll, so I am STILL wondering how the Troll managed to be able to play the rest of the game. I'm sure it's not MAs fault - I'm just wondering, cause I would have really liked to see that Troll sit in the box the whole game instead of coming back at the half and being annoying with Guard in the second.

When you reroll an injury, and choose badly hurt, they come back after the next kickoff. That's working as intended I believe, otherwise you could never use an injury reroll to save a player who was already badly hurt.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 05:30:22 PM

No, what I think he means is that the apoth prompt comes BEFORE the regen roll. Meaning you can waste an apoth on something that would otherwise be regenned.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 05:30:58 PM

Wait, I'm a little drunk. But yeah, both things are a little weird.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 05:52:23 PM

No, what I think he means is that the apoth prompt comes BEFORE the regen roll. Meaning you can waste an apoth on something that would otherwise be regenned.

Apoth always comes first. Otherwise trolls would never die!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 07:41:55 PM

Well, I might leave the writeup on this one to Ice first, I feel he might have more passionate views.

We are both through to the finals, and without much injury. Ice has lost a useless Frankenstein monster, and I've copped -1agi on a linerat, but otherwise the injuries were scarce.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:43:33 PM by lamaros »
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 08:07:25 PM

Rape of Skabine 2 - 1 over Negative Capability.

With all due respect to Lamaros, who cannot be blamed after all for playing the dice he was given, there is no fathomable way I should have lost this game. Both Skaven TDs were 100% gifts from Nuffle, who then also handed out a second Blitz that made it nearly impossible for me to even tie the game (especially since I couldn't even make a simple hand-off with a reroll.) That said, once they had the first TD -- from a Blitz that he caught, then actually lost due to a bad Rat Ogre move, only to recover it off my ghoul with the first of many perfect bounces -- the Skaven certainly played with remarkable recklessness. Recklessness which should have been punished by horrible, career-ending injuries, except that of course my team is completely fucking incapable of hurting anyone.

BBManager assigns my d6 rolls an impressive -21.36 rating, including a 3/9 on catches, 5/9 pick-ups, and no KO or regeneration successes. I rolled over 50% 1s and 2s, while Lamaros managed less than 25% in the same category.

Meanwhile my 2d6 rolls rate a handy -18.56. Despite knocking over Lamaros' Gutter Runners an impressive 8 times (most of which were in the first half), I managed to break armour only once, scoring a glorious Stunned result. Apparently there was also some linerat I knocked down 9 times without ever breaking armour. I did manage to stun the Rat Ogre once -- the turn AFTER he had stood up from a previous Claw-knockdown to make a completely ridiculous 1d blitz to knock over my ball carrier. Said ball of course then bounced free of the scrum so that it could be picked up by a rat with no need for a dodge or reroll.

And of course a zombie got the MVP, which makes 12 out of 16 over the life of the team, a nice even 75%.

--

One can only hope that this was just Nuffle getting these things out of his system prior to the playoffs.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 08:13:02 PM

Seriously, if you want to watch some ridiculous shit, just check out that replay. Two out of three Skaven kick-offs are Blitzes where the kick lands near the sidelines in a catchable location for a GR. Then every time the Skaven do something stupid and I capitalize on it -- usually in a mad scramble to recover from the aforementioned Blitzes -- the dice come to the rescue a second or third time until they eventually score. Meanwhile when I do get the ball on the one non-Blitz kickoff, I walk up the field and stall and spend like four turns knocking over half the Skaven team every turn with almost no appreciable results.

Augh. So annoying.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 09:15:36 PM

My turn!

So I went in to this match knowing that anything other than a horrible defeat would keep me in the finals. I won the toss and chose to kick, then received a blitz at the kickoff. Hooray!

With all due respect to Ice ( Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? ) he had not set his side up in any way to account for the possibility, putting his wolves and wights and everything very close to the line, with only two ghouls deep, as well as leaving the side free for my GRs to run down. As such I waltzed down to the ball. Then I had a small break, as a successful blitz on the ball carrier (via wrestle) resulted in the ball falling in to my hands. I don't think this was a huge deal as Ice might have, as I had my GRs around the area and would have had a good chance of picking it up again, but it did help. On my second turn all I had to do was dodge free (with reroll but against tackle) and score, but I decided to hit some stuff with my rat ogre first. I foolishly miscounted the distance and failed a GFI (not smart play, but still a 1/6 chance and UNLUCKY for me), turning play over in an awful position.

Ice knocked the ball out of my hands, then surrounded it with players, then tried to pick it up. He failed the pickup, but it bounced back and forth in to the hands of the player who went for it anyway. I then did a very good play where I hit him with my Rat Ogre. I pushed him back one square to the side, then knocked him over. As I had chain pushed my prone GR when I pushed his wight I had the GR free of the pack, so when knocked down his wight on the frenzy I had the ball land in a situation where the bounce was going to favour me most times. No doubt I got one of the easier bounces, but I was looking pretty good on most bounces. Anyhow, I picked up the ball and scored.

I kicked off again. Ice hit me some, then left his ghouls without protection. I worked a way through the front line and sacked the ball carrier with my wrestle/dauntless GR, via wrestle and a reroll. I should have followed up with some other moves but I ran out of time. Ice then did a throw to a wolf of his and ran down the sidelines behind my team. Not the safest play, that throw, but it came off.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? He also smashed the crap out of a linerat and sent him off.

I then marked the wolf with my block/ss GR, and blitzed with my dodge stormvermin to hit a two dice block. I needed a dodge and double GFI to hit the blitzer. I failed the first GFI and rerolled. I made it. Then I failed the second GFI. And KOed my rat (who had guard). Not exactly the luckiest play on my part, especially with my Rat Ogre on that side and a GRs up field for any free ball/crowd throw in that might chance my way... but Ice had no luck and I had it all...

After that it was tough. Ice stalled to try and draw the half out when he could have scored, and I tried to hang in with my shadowing side-stepping GR and stop him. I got in a two dice block on the carrier with my dauntless GR but I got double push when I needed a defender down or both down. Ice then injured another of my rats and concussed the dauntless GR. I then rolled a 1 on a wild animal blitz and failed the loner roll (8%), leaving my rat ogre out of the action. (But I had all the luck, right?) The 5 str wolf was too much to counter with only two rats left standing anywhere near the action, and Ice scored and made it 1-1 just before the half.

I didn't get either of the kickoff events I needed to have a chance at scoring.

Second half I was quite reckless and got a little bit lucky when Ice failed to pickup the ball after knocking me down. The ball went out of play and was thrown in to my advantage (though really, I have GRs; where isn't my advantage?). Ice then managed to pull off some fancy dodges with a ghoul who was being shadowed to blitz the ball carrier, stopping me scoring easily (lucky dodges, perhaps?).

Blah blah. The only other thing to say is that my other Rat Ogre block was not "completely ridiculous" but perfectly reasonable. I had 5/6 chance of knocking the ghoul down or pushing, and an even greater chance with the frenzy if it was a push (as it would have been a 2d block), and then a further chance to hit him if he still wasn't down as I could push him against my GRs. And given I had all my GRs around where he was getting knocked it was pretty impossible for that not to be a bounce in my favour.

I'm not doubting I was lucky, but it was in getting two blitzes and with some armor rolls on my GRs (and Adam, the immortal linerat) going my way, not with all the bounces and everything. If my scores were all luck then Ice's "I got sacked as soon as I got it, then threw recklessly in an open space, then managed to have the skaven fail all their key rolls every single turn for the rest of the half while losing 3 players from the pitch" TD was the same.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:30:46 PM by lamaros »
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 10:00:34 PM

Are you seriously wanting to do this? I'm not interested in going point by point, but my 'risky' throw to the werewolf was with a reroll, which is roughly a 1/4 chance of failing. (And yes, that was by far the riskiest play I made the entire game, since the payoff was so high.) But it doesn't really matter, because the substance of my point is that the actual plays that resulted in your scoring were the result of a series of unlikely rolls. You made some risky plays that failed, yes, and some other risky plays that succeeded; that's completely normal, and not what I was talking about.

In any case, I repeat my invitation to anyone to watch the replay, if they care. That crowd toss in was beyond perfect, and required the ball to be thrown from one out of bounds to another, and then thrown in again a second time. The way it could have been better for you was if it was closer to the LoS, and anywhere else would have been worse. And you still inexplicably left me an open hit on your ball carrier, etc.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:08:54 PM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 10:32:52 PM

Golly Miss Molly, 's getting steamy in heah'

Haven't watched the rep yet (I will), but generally speaking deploying shallow against Skaven is something you don't do. This is because Skaven are the masters of what, in scientific circles, is termed "The Horseshit Play". I will probably have more to say on this once I actually watch the game, but it sounds as though it was a relatively hard-fought affair.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 10:34:43 PM

Are you seriously wanting to do this? I'm not interested in going point by point, but my 'risky' throw to the werewolf was with a reroll, which is roughly a 1/4 chance of failing. (And yes, that was by far the riskiest play I made the entire game, since the payoff was so high.) But it doesn't really matter, because the substance of my point is that the actual plays that resulted in your scoring were the result of a series of unlikely rolls. You made some risky plays that failed, yes, and some other risky plays that succeeded; that's completely normal, and not what I was talking about

By that reckoning the only risky thing I did was run my GR up the side in the second half. Which is very much matched by you running your wolf deep with that throw. Except that in my case I would turn the ball over against the sideline deep in your half, with the rest of my team well positioned to defend, while you could have lost it in the middle near my GRs and thrower with holes to run through, or deep near my GRs and blitzer.

Not only did you make the throw and catch, but I happened to lose two players after you made that move who had contact on your ball carrier, as well as failing to knock you down with reasonably likely blocks, and a wild animal fail on top of it. This is not to say you had good luck in the game, but things came together to help you score for sure.

Failing a wild animal blitz with a reroll is not a "risky play", it's 92%. Failing a double GFI (with a reroll) and then KOing yourself is not a "risky play", it's unlucky. Failing the dauntless hit was normal as it is only a 55% chance to spill the ball, but everything else around the scoring was "lucky" for you just as much as my Rat Ogre smashing the ball free to my GRs, twice.

In both cases you give me "luck" for scoring, when in fact I lost that luck (with the rat ogre failed gfi + loner, and with the dodging while shadowed blitz) in equally silly circumstances before regaining the ball from you. My scores were actually a product of blitzes from my rat ogre when you had possession, and those blitzes were not very risky at all (as my RO has juggernaught and frenzy).

Anyway: I didn't play super well and I did play recklessly, but to say my scoring was 'bs' is a bit silly. Getting two blitzes against you was BS, not getting one of my GRs (or Adam) off the pitch was BS, but everything else was within reasonable grounds.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:47:34 PM by lamaros »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #7  
Jump to: