Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 382991 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #1715 on: January 08, 2012, 03:10:30 PM

Yay, the good Giants played today!  why so serious?

Not going to lie, I thought we were going to have an awesome day of Eli Face after he got nailed for the safety.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1716 on: January 08, 2012, 03:17:29 PM

Yay, the good Giants played today!  why so serious?

Not going to lie, I thought we were going to have an awesome day of Eli Face after he got nailed for the safety.

I'm beginning to think the way you get a good performance out of the Giants is to threaten Coughlin's job. 

Also, Tebow showed up for the first half.  At this point, I want the Steelers to lose as Ben looks so gimpy they're dead men walking.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1717 on: January 08, 2012, 03:23:13 PM

Clearly Coughlin should only get one year contracts from now on!

God Save the Horn Players
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1718 on: January 08, 2012, 03:48:49 PM

The Steelers were lucky to only be down 14 points at the half; Ben looked awful.  No matter which team comes out of this game though the real winners are the Pats.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1719 on: January 08, 2012, 04:58:34 PM

Wow, what the hell happened to the Steeler defense?

Over and out.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1720 on: January 08, 2012, 04:59:22 PM

Well shit for my pick, but I can say I am happy that my city is fucking quiet for once.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1721 on: January 08, 2012, 05:00:23 PM

Oh God, do I love football.  awesome, for real

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1722 on: January 08, 2012, 05:01:10 PM

Tebow averaged 30 yards per completion swamp poop
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1723 on: January 08, 2012, 05:06:02 PM

Man, the Broncos are weird but hey, winning.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1724 on: January 08, 2012, 05:37:39 PM

awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1725 on: January 08, 2012, 05:43:05 PM

As a Broncos fan, born in Denver, and raised in California... and an atheist.... let me just say

WHAT IS HAPPENING WHY IS THIS WORKING.

Thank you.

beer geek.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1726 on: January 08, 2012, 05:49:35 PM

Clearly Coughlin should only get one year contracts from now on!

Just leak ridiculous "Coughlin to be fired" shit to the NYC press whenever they lose a game.

Honestly though, if that Giants team shows up the rest of the playoffs?  I mean, your three major WRs are healthy and performing, the running game is working fairly well, and the pass rush is putting pressure on the QB.  It's the Giants, so next week Eli could throw 3 interceptions and Jacobs and Bradshaw will combine for 45 yards.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1727 on: January 08, 2012, 05:57:47 PM

Matt Ryan and the coaching staff played like chickenshits.  The Giants had one of the worst pass defenses (despite a good pass rush) all season and Ryan was throwing mostly short passes.

I have never played WoW.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #1728 on: January 08, 2012, 07:42:49 PM

TEEEEEBOOOOW TEEEEBOOOW
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1729 on: January 08, 2012, 08:19:24 PM

What I want more than anything right now is for Tebow to convert to Islam.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1730 on: January 08, 2012, 08:51:05 PM

Yeah Giants fans, I wouldn't put too much stock in beating the Falcons. I've said before they were awful, and they lived up to that.

That being said, I'd love for Eli to go to Lambeau and really drill the Packers just so I can stop hearing about repeat.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1731 on: January 08, 2012, 11:25:01 PM

Yeah, Atlanta just stunk.  I don't know how they every managed getting to the playoffs in the first place.  That said, I wouldn't put it past the Giants to go in and beat the Packers.

Tim Tebow beat the Steelers.  I mean, I know there were a lot of other little Broncos out there that helped, but let's face it:  Tim Tebow beat the Steelers.  At first I was all awesome, for real, and then I was like  Ohhhhh, I see., but now I'm all  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Underestimate him at your folly, I guess.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1732 on: January 09, 2012, 12:07:29 AM

The Pats will roflstomp the donkeys though.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1733 on: January 09, 2012, 12:11:48 AM

I know!  They so will!

Only, that's what we (humankind) were all saying about the Pittsburgh game.

Seriously, of course the Pats will stomp them.  But I no longer believe it is a given.  Bellichick better have his team ready to play, and not take their regular season victory for granted.  I remember how flat the Pats came out in the playoffs last year.  They do that again, they'll be ripe for the picking.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1734 on: January 09, 2012, 12:27:32 AM

Denver is crap on the road, going to the coast after an OT game, against a team with a week off. I fully expect a 3 TD margin for the Pats.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1735 on: January 09, 2012, 02:53:02 AM

I do too, really.  Maybe even 4 touchdowns.  But damn if I didn't think more or less the same thing yesterday. 

At any rate, I think people in general have to lay off all the Tebow/Bronco bashing.  Injuries notwithstanding, it is no joke to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs (especially in the playoffs).

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1736 on: January 09, 2012, 06:03:00 AM

We all seriously underestimated the rapist's ankle injury.  It was clearly impeding him in the first half.  In the second half, as is his nature, he ignored the risks and played like he usually does.  Tebow had finally given his team enough points to hold on, though.

I have never played WoW.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1737 on: January 09, 2012, 07:57:10 AM

Denver is crap on the road, going to the coast after an OT game, against a team with a week off. I fully expect a 3 TD margin for the Pats.

Denver's record this year was 3-5 at home and 5-3 on the road. The last game versus the Patriots was lost on the mistakes the Broncos made. Early on, they dominated the Pats.

That being said, I'm expecting a 41-27 loss. Because Brady > Tebow.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:11:21 AM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1738 on: January 09, 2012, 08:02:19 AM

Time to pray that the Packers defense that showed up for the Oakland game is the one that shows up for the Giants.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #1739 on: January 09, 2012, 08:22:26 AM

We all seriously underestimated the rapist's ankle injury.  It was clearly impeding him in the first half.  In the second half, as is his nature, he ignored the risks and played like he usually does.  Tebow had finally given his team enough points to hold on, though.

There's more to it than that.  The Steelers defense gave up 316 yrds or so in the AIR to Tim Tebow of all fucking people.  Roethlisberger may not have been able to extend plays and scramble all over the field, but the Steelers secondary played extraordinarily poorly - even Polamalu was fairly quiet all night. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #1740 on: January 09, 2012, 08:26:51 AM

What I want more than anything right now is for Tebow to convert to Islam.

I would buy a Tebow jersey if this happened. And then start attending church wearing it. At least during the offseason- my trolling has limits.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1741 on: January 09, 2012, 08:27:27 AM

There's more to it than that.  The Steelers defense gave up 316 yrds or so in the AIR to Tim Tebow of all fucking people.  Roethlisberger may not have been able to extend plays and scramble all over the field, but the Steelers secondary played extraordinarily poorly - even Polamalu was fairly quiet all night. 

The Stillers stacked the box and force Tebow to beat them through the air. Sadly, he did just that... but only barely.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1742 on: January 09, 2012, 08:33:25 AM

Right.  Tebow finally performed like a decent NFL QB, althouth the slow mo on some of those passes made it clear his spirals leave much to be desired.

I have never played WoW.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #1743 on: January 09, 2012, 08:55:43 AM

Wow, what the hell happened to the Steeler defense?

Age, injuries.

Front 3 by end of 1st quarter were all 2nd-3rd string (3rd string NT), though DE Heyward is a 1st round pick and should play better than he has.

Missing FS Ryan Clark, which did end up being a factor, as evidenced by big pass plays.

Polamalu, who, outside of a few diving scrimmage plays this season, seems to be missing in action since being injured last season.

Ike Taylor, ballyhooed this year as an outstanding corner was pwned by a Denver receiver I really wasn't familiar with until this game and he was dominated.

But Tebow did make some nice throws, putting the ball exactly where it needed to be put. And Broncos were aided by Steeler half ending / game ending drive offensive snafus including a backup center that had problems snapping the ball when requested and delivering it on target. Plus, some poor clock management that's plagued Steeler 2 minute offense all season.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1744 on: January 09, 2012, 09:43:01 AM

Fuck's sake. TIM GODDAMN TEBOW BEAT THE STEELERS WITH LONG BOMBS. THE APOCALYPSE HAS TRULY BEGAN.

Seriously, though, good game on Tebow for taking what the Steelers were giving him and beating them about the head and neck with it. And shame on Dick Lebeau for not changing his game plan. When Tebow is beating you with long bombs constantly, it's time to keep two safeties back. After that second long pass in the 2nd quarter, there should have been no more of that shit, but apparently it's hard to figure that out or something. It was quite obvious that injuries were hampering the Steelers. The Rapist's ankle, no Rashard Mendenhall, no Ryan Clark and that was just the injuries before the game. The running game wasn't getting it done, and you could tell the Rapist just wasn't himself, which is why I had expected the Steelers to lose next week to New England. Who knew their pass defense would forget to show up.

The Falcons looked like shit. Oh and they just failed another 4th and 1. Seriously, how many times do you have to fuck that play up before you figure out what you're doing isn't working? I can't figure out what the fuck is wrong with Atlanta this year, they just aren't very good even at the things they are supposed to be good at. The Giants, meanwhile, didn't fuck up too badly (though looked bad in the first half) and their defense came to play.

The Saints and Lions game was lower scoring than I expected, but still a fun game to watch. Officiating on the whole was bad in every game, not just this one. What I expected to happen happened, the Lions lack of a running game combined with the Saints having 3 really good RB's made all the difference. Saints defense isn't that good, but when you can hang onto the ball in the 3rd and 4th quarters with a mix of runs and passes, you can win, especially when you never have to punt.

Houston's defensive line just DOMINATED Cincy. It wasn't even really that competitive. If Matt Schaub had been playing in that game, the Texans would have scored 40 points easy. Too bad the Ravens will pummel them next week.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1745 on: January 09, 2012, 11:46:04 AM

It baffles me the Steelers didn't have two deep safeties on that play in OT given the new playoff overtime rules. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is Dick LeBeau forgot the new rules.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1746 on: January 09, 2012, 12:29:46 PM

It baffles me the Steelers didn't have two deep safeties on that play in OT given the new playoff overtime rules. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is Dick LeBeau forgot the new rules.

Or had little faith in Tebow being able to, ya know, throw the ball down field. I will say though, that was one hell of a stiff arm, and to the chest no less.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1747 on: January 09, 2012, 01:41:15 PM

Right.  Tebow finally performed like a decent NFL QB, althouth the slow mo on some of those passes made it clear his spirals leave much to be desired.

Eh not really though.  He was 10/21 and that is pretty glaring.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1748 on: January 09, 2012, 01:45:23 PM

Interesting.  If I had been asked what I thought his completion % was, I would have guessed north of 70%.

I have never played WoW.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1749 on: January 09, 2012, 01:49:22 PM

Eh not really though.  He was 10/21 and that is pretty glaring.

He had a QBR 40 points higher then Ben.  You can be a sub 50% passer and win big if you are constantly completing for 20-30 yards.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: