Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Daily Deals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam Daily Deals  (Read 69432 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #245 on: October 17, 2011, 11:07:27 AM

I have the second (?) gen Logitech wireless one, it was actually a good controller and X-Men Legends 2 supported it (the buttons on screen were right!). I just got tired of all the 360 controller support and buttons, so I caved and I'm quite glad I did.

Be sure to get the controller "for Windows", it comes bundled with the USB dongle you'll need. You can buy the dongle separately for like $15 if you mess up :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109243
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: October 17, 2011, 12:04:32 PM

Yeah, if you're going wireless you need the "for Windows" one.  If you're okay with wired, either a normal 360 or "for Windows" one will work fine, the latter just comes with a driver disc that you almost certainly won't need.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103205

What you don't want is a "Play and Charge" one, that has a USB cable, but it's only for charging.  Otherwise, it's still a wireless controller so you'd need to buy the dongle that Sky mentioned anyway.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: October 17, 2011, 09:23:30 PM

The PC version is a million times better. No joke, they highly optimized the code. There is even extra content and features in the PC version over the Xbox version.
It's really one of those games that shows how badly others are doing PC ports. Game will run smooth and look amazing even on lower end machines.
Now I'm kind of tempted. I never beat it on the 360 because it ran so poorly, but I liked it well enough until I got fed up.

Edit: Nevermind, it's not on sale anymore. Bleh.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #248 on: October 18, 2011, 06:43:14 AM

This would also be where schild jumps in and tells me how to use that NewEgg link at the upper right to get him money.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've done this to anyone. Also, I should remove that NewEgg link. Use the Amazon link.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: October 18, 2011, 08:36:25 AM

Yeah, seemed like a dead link. Amazon ships as quick as newegg did (at least they do from the UK to Finland), pretty much the same prices. I'll just use them.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: October 18, 2011, 09:18:08 AM

Hearing everyone's replies, I might actually pick up TQ. I liked D2 a good deal but didn't care for Torchlight.

Hm, I'm not sure what this does to your thoughts, but I would say D2 and Torchlight are a fair bit more like each other than TQ is like either.

Checked out Torchlight last night due to this discussion.  Been wanting something like this to play from time to time and I'm not waiting for D3.  Demo was great considering it was "The Game."  Cool thing was I got to the end of it.  It said buy me to play more.  I did and I instatly got back in and played past the demo stage, same character, no loss.  Nice setup. 

This is definitely more of a D2 clone than TQ was.  I mean the music and sounds are almost identical.  Feels like D2 but with some cool new things attached.  Oh, and cartoony, which is fine with me.  I have yet to find where the skill trees suck, but I figured it was worth $15 to find out for myself and have fun in the process.  Watch this become a daily special within a week.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #251 on: October 19, 2011, 03:58:05 AM

This would also be where schild jumps in and tells me how to use that NewEgg link at the upper right to get him money.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've done this to anyone. Also, I should remove that NewEgg link. Use the Amazon link.

Yeah, I haven't seen that but for a couple of times, a long time ago. Like when they first went up.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #252 on: October 19, 2011, 12:56:01 PM

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: October 19, 2011, 07:01:43 PM

LEGO Batman, worth $10?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: October 20, 2011, 03:44:48 AM

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: October 20, 2011, 04:13:12 AM

I have't heard much of anything about Lego Batman, so likely a no. I get a feeling they will slash it to -75% along with Arkham Asylum come Christmas time anyhow. Best bet would just be to wait.

Steam Profile
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: October 20, 2011, 05:21:39 AM

I have't heard much of anything about Lego Batman, so likely a no. I get a feeling they will slash it to -75% along with Arkham Asylum come Christmas time anyhow. Best bet would just be to wait.

Good point, I suppose this really probably applies to almost any sale for the next month or so.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: October 20, 2011, 07:06:42 AM

LEGO Batman, worth $10?
I bought it along with Lego Star Wars and played them on my Wii. I liked them and felt they were worth the money.
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: October 20, 2011, 08:05:17 AM

I know it's probably too late to be of help but I played Lego Batman with my son on the 360, nice fun game (very funny cut scenes) although it suffers from the early 'single screen' issue all the early lego titles do when played co-op.

Lots of replay value to get all the unlocks but unfortunately my 5 year old hasnt got the patients to re-do all the levels he's already finished _just_ to get all the mini kits etc etc.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #259 on: October 20, 2011, 11:13:34 AM

I enjoyed Lego Batman on the 360, I have no idea how it plays on the PC.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: October 20, 2011, 08:08:50 PM

I know it's probably too late to be of help but I played Lego Batman with my son on the 360, nice fun game (very funny cut scenes) although it suffers from the early 'single screen' issue all the early lego titles do when played co-op.

Lots of replay value to get all the unlocks but unfortunately my 5 year old hasnt got the patients to re-do all the levels he's already finished _just_ to get all the mini kits etc etc.

My son and I like playing together. It's entertaining.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: October 21, 2011, 07:58:46 AM

Complete* GTA series on sale for £4.99. All of it. Including GTA IV and Tales from Liberty City.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

*Except the London: 1969 xpac.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #262 on: October 21, 2011, 11:15:13 AM

I'd love to snag it for IV, but the GFWL/Rockstar Club bullshit just kills it for me.  I had to login to my login so I could login to my game.   swamp poop
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: October 21, 2011, 11:18:45 AM

Is it really that bad? I was annoyed having to go through the process of setting up a GFWL ID the first time after getting Fable 3 but at this point it just logs itself on automatically when I start the game and I don't even notice it.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #264 on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:38 AM

Probably not.  I hate GFWL so much that I am likely exaggerating.  I really didn't like having to log into RS Social club along with it, though.  That made me pissy and I never was able to get into the game because it seemed like it took three full minutes to actually get past loading screens and logins. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: October 21, 2011, 11:32:05 AM

I believe they pulled the Social Club requirement, you can just skip it when you start the game. Yes, it's an extra click. I think GTA4 was definitely worth it, but I liked it a lot more than most here.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: October 21, 2011, 11:42:47 AM

My son and I like playing together. It's entertaining.

Yeah, our family likes playing these Lego games on our PS3.  That leaves a great question though.  Can we play coop on the PC versions and avoid the single screen issue all together?  That would be sweet.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #267 on: October 21, 2011, 02:02:20 PM

Complete* GTA series on sale for £4.99. All of it. Including GTA IV and Tales from Liberty City.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

*Except the London: 1969 xpac.
I still think London:1969 was the best GTA of them all.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #268 on: October 25, 2011, 11:23:51 PM

I believe they pulled the Social Club requirement, you can just skip it when you start the game. Yes, it's an extra click. I think GTA4 was definitely worth it, but I liked it a lot more than most here.
I hate GFWL so much I'd much rather get GTA4 for the 360 than use that abortion of an addon service.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: October 26, 2011, 03:05:40 AM

I've got to say I really don't like GFWL, I think it's a retarded system to set up and is a complete pain in the ass for anyone with an unreliable net connection and adds a totally unnecessary extra layer of shit to go wrong that can make it impossible to play a game you've bought and paid for. I can understand making use of it for stock retail boxes but if a game is Steamworks then publishers that use GFWL as well should jump off a cliff into a car fire.

That said, once you've got it all set up, as long as your net connection is trundling along fine then it isn't a hassle. It hasn't stopped me logging into any games for a good long while but it was really annoying when it went wrong once and denied me access to any save games.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: October 26, 2011, 06:53:00 AM

I hate GFWL so much I'd much rather get GTA4 for the 360 than use that abortion of an addon service.
f13's own DRM Sith.

The Back to the Future set is $10 today (well...yesterday, but Valve's days are mid-day to mid-day, soo....).
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: October 26, 2011, 07:06:21 AM

Valve needs to stop making me spend money damnit. I'm less than a week from my trip to the USA. I don't want to buy in € right now.  Heartbreak

Steam Profile
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #272 on: November 01, 2011, 06:10:13 PM

Bastion is half price on Steam's midweek madness...

Don't take more of my money Steam  Heartbreak
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: November 01, 2011, 08:51:48 PM

Bastion demo no workee.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #274 on: November 02, 2011, 10:48:01 AM

Bastion is really good.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: November 02, 2011, 12:49:46 PM

Bastion is really good.

Really, REALLY good.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:00 PM

I was actually looking forward to it.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: November 04, 2011, 09:49:33 AM

Bastion demo no workee.

Worked for me and I agree it is a cool looking game.  I'll probably buy it when I get home from work.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #278 on: November 08, 2011, 01:33:57 AM

Borderlands is shit :( 

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: November 08, 2011, 01:59:46 AM

Agreed : /
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Daily Deals  
Jump to: