Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:56:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 4 predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 4 predictions  (Read 32011 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: May 04, 2011, 06:36:42 PM

Thought I'd start a thread where we can make our predictions and/or smack talk about the upcoming season.  

For Battletech, I'm predicting Comstar to win with avaia to come in second.  Third could be either ice cream emperor or Lamaros.  I'm leaning towards ice cream emperor.  For myself, I'm predicting either 5th or, if Nuffle is being generous, 4th.  Overall, AndyDavo is still the man to beat, esp. since he now has a fully functioning team.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:03:29 AM by Ginaz »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 06:45:49 PM

Y'all remember this Season 4 teams for each division will advance to the Playoffs.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:23:37 PM

I predict I will score at least one touchdown.

I'm an optimist!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 07:27:11 PM

I predict I'll make the playoffs, beating my opponents while killing them softly.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:48:20 PM

I predict that I MIGHT actually make the playoffs. Nuffle will now beat me soundly for my presumption.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:40 PM

I predict blood when I take the field. It might be mine, it might be yours, but either way there are going to be buckets of blood. Chaos demands it!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 08:54:01 PM

In Battletech, Comstar's luck will run out. He'll suffer some crippling injuries early on and spend the season rolling double 1's on dodges. Lamaros will skitter his way to the top, followed by Avaia and Carnifex, with Ice Cream Emperor securing the final playoff spot.

Alive not Dead will top Cthulhu to nobody's surprise. Ingmar will climb to second after intimidating all of his opponents into submission merely by being dwarves, to his own continued consternation. Falc will draw with them both and slide into third, possibly on TD difference. Haemish and I will both hit our strides mid-season and be in a dead heat for 4th.

Ruvaldt's time spent primping his Ex-Presidents in the feeder league will pay off, and Eldaec will find that having block on all his dudes comes in quite handy in the murderous environment that is Stormbringer. They'll come in right behind AndyDavo, and be followed by IainC, who I just noticed also has block on, like, all his dudes.

Twilight 2000 will be the upset division, with Ironwood and Sky realizing that they're actually pretty good at this. They'll come 4th and 3rd. Drogg will come in a close second to Teleku, as their skinks' and wardancers' maneuverability will win the day over Strazos' and Modern Angel's more offensively-built teams.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 09:16:07 PM

Ironwood's been practicing, he will probably beat me easily if he gets an early round. Later in the season, especially if I can grab some spp for my line, I should take the edge in that one. Is Ulysees a vet coach new to f13bowl? If so, another loss for the tards :) The nancy elf teams, I either kill or get dodged into oblivion...so it should make for good matchups. Snoosnoo is my match and much more experienced, should be an easy win (for MA). Straz, ditto. Never played lizards, I'll probably get skinkified.

My prediction is that I'll come in 6th in T2000.

Going to need some serious spp this season to keep the bashtards competitive as the older teams start getting more well-rounded. And I need to play a practice game some day, heh.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:56 PM

Without actually looking at the teams whose rosters/TV I don't remember:

Battletech
Me
Comstar
Lamaros
Ginaz/Avaia

Cthulhu
Ingmar
Llyse
Falconeer
ezrast/Megrim

Stormbringer
AndyDavo
ruvaldt
IanC
eldaec/reborne

Twilight 2k
Modern Angel
Strazos
drogg
Teleku/Sky

Cthulhu is my pick for most contentious division, but only because I am going to destroy everyone in Battletech.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 09:39:41 PM

BATTLETECH - The 'Perfect Predictions' Group

Me - No really bad matchups for me. I love playing Chaos and Lizard, and did ok against Llyse and Ice last season.
Comstar - Will find it harder than me with less mv, but still pretty easy.
aviva - A return to form this season after an underwhelming season three.
Ice - I predict half his side will die.

This one seems pretty sure. Sorry to the new teams. Chaos and Lizard at lowish TV will get eaten up. Can't believe I got stuck with Ice again. Bastard.

CTHULHU - Chokers Paradise

Llyse - Will choke in the finals again. Sure to get there though.
Megrim - Will be interesting to see how the High Elves go. Hasn't got much of a tough group matchup wise.
Falc - Falc will be in finals again. Or choke and not make it...
Ingmar - Will not make it if he gets a Deathroller, though.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Bann and ezrast with an outside chance to pinch a spot or two.

STORMBRINGER - The 'Fuck Knows Who'll Make 4th' Group

AndyDavo - Better side, better performances. Hard group to escape without injuries from, though.
IainC - Same as above.
eldaec - Should get a beat up on a few.
Ruvaldt/proudft - Can't split them.

Close for 4th in this one.

TWILIGHT 2K The 'Easy' Group

Strazos - Easy group for Straz.
Teleku - Not going to cop much pain here, will score a heap.
Modern Angel - Doing something wrong if they don't win the casualty count, unless Sky wins it.
Sky - See above.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:53:36 PM by lamaros »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 09:46:52 PM

I haven't played a single game of blood bowl since the end of the last season so I'm gonna get creamed again, especially with my dice. I predict that My beast and every player I managed to get some skill points on will be killed in the first 2 games and I'll wind up with nothing but rotters.

Ahh well, its fun just participating.

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 10:03:24 PM

Also.

For Battletech, I'm predicting Comstar to win with avaia to come in second.  Third could be either ice cream emperor or Lamaros.  I'm leaning towards ice cream emperor.

Screw you bitches. I was 3/4th last season! Where's my respect?  why so serious?

In Battletech, Comstar's luck will run out. He'll suffer some crippling injuries early on and spend the season rolling double 1's on dodges. Lamaros will skitter his way to the top, followed by Avaia and Carnifex, with Ice Cream Emperor securing the final playoff spot.

I will email you cookies.  Heart
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 03:20:53 AM

Battletech predictions:
F13 Catfighters - comstar - Ama. My name and avatar make this a destiny come true. I've got 3 blodges with sidestep now, though my first game I'm low on players. Being in a group with bashy teams and NO dwarves plays to me strengths, even if we're now at the point where Amazon teams start to lose to high TV teams. Several games may end in dramatic upsets though, I played pretty horribly in the More Eddie league. And my luck ran out at the Semi-final last season.

Rape of Skabine - lamaros - Ska. He's a got a 10 speed AG 4 rat! I'm expecting him to get 6 touch downs a game, minimum.

One of the Necro teams and one of the Lizard teams, I can't work out which.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 05:00:47 AM

I'll fill in that Lizardman prediction for you  wink, the qualifying round against goblins was a God send for me spp wise.  I'm a lot more confident coming into the league with block on 3 of my Saurai and a 3rd reroll.  I just hope I get to play those Chaos teams before they get a chance to develop.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 05:30:37 AM

You guys are vastly overrating both my capabilities and my tendency to not choke.
Strazos

Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:54 AM

Hmm, seems my more-difficult matches are mostly front-loaded, except for my final day against Team Snoo Snoo. I'm not sure if facing them late in the season is to my advantage or not...

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 11:08:24 AM

Hmm, seems my more-difficult matches are mostly front-loaded, except for my final day against Team Snoo Snoo. I'm not sure if facing them late in the season is to my advantage or not...

Not the team I'd want to face right before the playoffs injury-wise.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 12:18:25 PM

Given that I always collapse in the latter half of the season, I'd beg to differ.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 12:56:09 PM

Given that I always collapse in the latter half of the season, I'd beg to differ.

I've got the first half collapse covered, we should be good.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 04:41:33 AM

Battletech

Comstar - Solid, playing a strong race, always does well and has been given a kind draw. Division winner.
Ice cream emperor - Real nice guy, has some ability but sometimes does wild things which cost him. Sould make the last 16.
Lamaros - plays skaven (which i think are awful) but does have a 1 turner so shouldn't lose many, this should therefore see him into the last 16. Only question is if he will have a team when h gets there!
Avaia -  Has 2 developed wolves who are fast and hard to take down. Has only lost 3 games with this team ever so can see him into the last 16. Only question is, can he turn all those draws he keeps getting ito wins to make him a title contender?

Cthulhu

Catfud - Solid player, one of the best i have come across, should be able to win this division
Ingmar -F13  - playing dwarves, hard to beat at low TV, has a decent win% so clearly knows what he is doing. would also be in contention as a division winner, might even have said he would win it, if it wasnt for my hate of dwarves in general!
Falconeer - someone i have never beaten, dispite trying twice. This i wish to change but he will also qualify, possibly with a game to spare...
HaemishM (this years suprise package, sneaking into 4th slot).

Stormbringer

AndyDavo - the teams developing nicely, 2 str guys, one of which has guard should make this team fun to play - i'd hope to qualify well with minimum damage taken
IanC - dispite the early loss he will qualify, needs to BADLY trim the TV so he won't be giving as much away in inducements.
Ramas - strong team that, on its day, could unleash a lot of damage. Still only av7 so he's still always 1 bad game away from a ruined season.
Sjofn - Takes 4th slot because she will win at least 2 games, depending on how others go i could see her sneaking into 4th.

Twilight 2k

Brocktoon - Also a team that needs to take some shears to his TV, still by far the best team in this division and should qualify with ease.
Strazos - as i see them, AV7 Orcs, a lot of str but the same as the other AV 7's, just 1 bad game away from failure. Will cause the most damage in this division however.
drogg -  Should qualify on offensive merrit, developed ma8 skinks should pose enough of a threat. Badly needs to hand off the ball to some Sauri to level them or this will be a hard season.
Teleku - Anyone who can score 7 Td's in 1 game must be decent so gets named by merrit alone!
(i also think that the high elves have a good chance if they can get some sidesteppers and play pressure football on teams)

Overall i would love to try and win it again but there is so many good players in here, some of which i have neglected, so far, to mention i think it isnt possible to pull out a nailed on season winner.  I do like the look of Brocktoons orcs and IainC's elves can also give anyone a problem. Will one of those 2 win it or will there be a suprise package like last season?

Falc/Everyone else. I have just thought, the guys who don't qualify so won't end up playing as many games, so their teams will develop less. Since there will also be 4 teams per division at the bottom end, what about having a losing playoff? This way the newer teams get as many games and will be as equally developed next season. Or maybe the bottom 2 only or something?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:09:39 AM by AndyDavo »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 05:00:53 AM

Falc/Everyone else. I have just thought, the guys who don't qualify so won't end up playing as many games, so their teams will develop less. Since there will also be 4 teams per division at the bottom end, what about having a losing playoff? This way the newer teams get as many games and will be as equally developed next season. Or maybe the bottom 2 only or something?

This is not a bad idea at all...

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 05:42:45 AM

I love these predictions.  I'm not in any of them.

ACK! Ohhhhh, I see.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 08:23:49 AM

I love these predictions.  I'm not in any of them.

ACK! Ohhhhh, I see.
My predictions don't count now, is that how it is? Fine, they didn't need you anyway! Twilight 2k 4th place is now Celer.
 Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 09:10:00 AM

I also predict that Ironwood will now get some forum time dedicated to him, in relation to his lack of attention
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 09:39:19 AM

I read yours and I didn't see myself at all.  Of course, now I can't check.

why so serious?

(Also, joking aside, I think there's a reason there's only 2 Skaven teams.  I don't hold out much hope for myself either !!)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 10:44:15 AM

You might want to watch the replay of me blowing the game versus proudft before you make any crazy "Sjofn will win two games" predictions there, Andy.  why so serious?

I like the idea of a loser bowl, by the way!

God Save the Horn Players
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 07:30:16 PM

Modern Angel - Doing something wrong if they don't win the casualty count, unless Sky wins it.
Sky - See above.
easy group for straz, he says.  i hope you squeak into the finals again so i can finish off those gutter runners  Mob   
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 05:09:20 AM

Sky - See above.
easy group for straz, he says.  i hope you squeak into the finals again so i can finish off those gutter runners  Mob   

I hope you sneak into the finals again so I can throw you out, again.  awesome, for real
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 05:35:34 PM

Sky - See above.

I hope you sneak into the finals again so I can throw you out, again.  awesome, for real
VENGEANCE WILL BE OURS  Shaking fist
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 05:16:01 AM

Day 2 Predictions, let's see how hilariously out of touch I am this season.

Battletech:
Comstar v Lamaros - should be a very exciting match. I predict that the Amazons will squeak out a narrow win from the Skaven though. 2-1 to Comstar
ICE vs Avaia - all Necro showdown. Another close match based on the team values and coach records. Could go either way but I'll predict a tie. 2-1 to ICE
Gruntle vs Hlem - another mono-race matchup. Gruntle to win. 2-0 to the Grunt
Carnifex vs Ginaz - yet another same race match. Another tied game. 3-0 murder to Carnifex

Cthulhu:
Ezrast vs Haemish - Haemish has come a long way since the last season but I predict that he will find this a difficult match to win. Low scoring match with the honours going to Ezrast. 2-2 draw
Ingmar vs Paelos - Ingmar has the best teamand the best record by far. He should stomp his way through this match with little trouble. 1-0 to the Dwarfs.
Catfud vs Falc - heavyweight match between two of the highest TVs in the league. Could be a vital match for the playoffs and both teams are in with a good chance of winning. I predict that Falc will take this one. 2-1 to Catfud
Bann vs Megrim - the only other High Elf team in the league will struggle against the only Human team. A close win for Bann. 3-2 to the Elves

Stormbringer:
Ramas vs Ruvaldt - the Norse to take three points with ease. 2-0 to the Chaos team
SirT vs AndyDavo - very much a mismatch. Andy will win easily however SirT can salvage something from the match by making the Dark Elves pay in blood for the points. 5-0 crushing
IainC vs Sjofn - Sjofn won't be an easy game but I suspect I'll win by a decent margin. Never underestimate my ability to choke. 2-1 to the Norse.
Proudft vs Reborne - my money is on the Undead for this one. The Wrestlers can do a lot of damage though. 2-0 to the Beetles

Twilight 2000
Brocktoon vs Sky - should be a bruisefest of a game. I expect that Snoosnoo will take away three convincing points though. 2-1 to Snoosnoo
Drogg vs Ulysees - Lizard on Lizard action should be a recipe for lots of dead skinks and crippled Sauri. Drogg to win though. 2-0 to Drogg
Teleku vs Strazos - Another game that might be a vital one for the playoffs. I don't want to write either coach off but I think that Strazos will come out on top this time. 1-1 draw
Ironwood vs Celer - Ironwood has a distinct lack of bodies to put on the pitch after his match against Snoosnoo. He'll do well to shut down the Elves but I think this will be a draw. Welp! 4-2 to the Elves.

Tune in next week to find out how divorced from reality these predictions are.

7/16, not so good.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:01:51 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 04:39:04 PM

Battletech: - Civil War Round
ICE vs Avaia - Avaia is due some luck.
Gruntle vs Hlem - Hlem to win.
Carnifex vs Ginaz - Carnifex looked good in his first game and has some nice skillups.

Cthulhu:
Ezrast vs Haemish - Tie.
Ingmar vs Paelos - Ingmar.
Catfud vs Falc - Llyse will win it.
Bann vs Megrim - High Elf Power.

Stormbringer:
Ramas vs Ruvaldt - Ruvaldt to smash heads and win.
SirT vs AndyDavo - Andy in a romp.
IainC vs Sjofn - IainC.
Proudft vs Reborne - The Beetles.

Twilight 2000
Brocktoon vs Sky - Sky.
Drogg vs Ulysees - Tie.
Teleku vs Strazos - Teleku.
Ironwood vs Celer - Ironwood to sneak a draw.
Strazos

Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 04:41:24 PM

Wow, choosing against Team SnooSnoo sure is ballsy.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 04:54:55 AM

I'm going to go extra bashy just because of that.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 06:25:21 AM

Brocktoon vs Sky - Sky.
Thanks, asshole.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 06:49:09 AM

Ironwood vs Celer - Ironwood has a distinct lack of bodies to put on the pitch after his match against Snoosnoo. He'll do well to shut down the Elves but I think this will be a draw.#

I suspect you might be optimistic here.  I could possibly do something against a bashy team, but Elves are too close to my own particular strengths to be in any way fair.  I think I'm due a damn good cocking.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 4 predictions  
Jump to: