Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 894877 times)
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2870 on: July 28, 2015, 05:43:24 PM

Thank you for that image.  swamp poop

Anyway, back to the Cosmic patrol gating topic, I still think it's a misstep but I have to say that the level of play in there has certainly gone up.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2871 on: July 30, 2015, 06:43:14 AM

Think I like Loki more than Iceman now. Loki feels much more active when directing and exploding illusions, wheras Ice Man is more 'drag the pets to right general area and wait for all the things to die'.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2872 on: July 30, 2015, 09:30:03 AM

I doubt Loki stays like this for long, with full summoner gear i got arcane ruin bruting for up to 4.8 mil per illusion.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2873 on: July 30, 2015, 01:21:19 PM

So I should power Loki to 60 while the going is good you're saying?  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2874 on: July 30, 2015, 01:24:05 PM

That's what I'm doing.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2875 on: July 30, 2015, 01:39:22 PM

Yeah, every time they make a character that "double dips" with stats they turn out OP as hell.  I would be surprised if they don't reduce the arcane ruin and spatial deception summoner damage multiplier tomorrow.

I am the .00000001428%
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2876 on: August 01, 2015, 03:26:46 AM

Looks like Jean Grey is the first in a very welcome and long-awaited visual upgrade/overhaul:

Quote from: Lord

There will be more information as we get closer to release. I will answer what I can...

Jean got that same costume only in white (chase). Is it getting that same visual upgrade?
Yes.

What with other chase costumes? Some of them? None?
I am not excluding Chase costumes. They are being considered along with the other costumes.

What with Ultimate Pack exclusive costumes?
Sure

Was Jean just a sample and You already got more staff visualy upgraded or it is just start of the process?
Its just the start. More information on how we roll this out to come.

Do You already have the list of costumes that need that upgrade?
I kind of have a list but I aint sharing it.

How are they picked?
By whatever my fever dreams say.

Will we (community) have any input on what costumes are on the list or that is just some kind of metrics and stats (costumes that are bought or used least)?
Maybe if you ask nicely.

Are they going to ship in waves? As soon as one is finished?
We will let you know closer to release.

is the process of visualy upgradeing a costume exact that same as createing new costume (You need to do everything like it was a new costume or you can skip or make some steps faster)
Depends on the model. Some need more work then others.

Just out of curiosity while we are on visual upgrades, will Magik get a new model when she is released as a hero? like she hulk did.
Yes

I mean, I love having older heroes get new costumes but some heroes have had very sparse options for a while.
We will still be making new costumes. This work is in addition to new costumes.

I'm hoping they'll prioritize X-23, what with 3 of her 4 costumes not actually being finished.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2877 on: August 01, 2015, 03:33:11 AM

Loki hit 60, so I'll probably shelve him for a while.  It's ironic that he suddenly gets fun, but because of it I'm moving on. 

Thor next I think.  I have a lot of 'mid' characters that are stuck in 40-50 hell and I really ought to pump them up.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2878 on: August 01, 2015, 02:57:34 PM

I expected them to fold like cheap suits on the whole cosmic trial thing, instead they not only stuck with it but made it slightly harder.  It was kind of a shock when SWitch's sig was not outright killing everything.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2879 on: August 01, 2015, 03:28:54 PM

Yeah it took me a try or two on my Iceman to do the last trial.  This one as soon as those Hulkbusters then Madam Hydra drop I instantly die.  My minions.. they tank nothing.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2880 on: August 01, 2015, 03:50:50 PM

I read a line where they made a change so the bosses prioritize the hero over the summons.  I still beat it the first try with Scarlet Witch, but I haven't done it with anyone else yet.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2881 on: August 01, 2015, 04:02:16 PM

I did it on Scarlet, Surfer and Loki, died once on spidey and Nightcrawler and didn't try again.  Both on redskull for getting over confident.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2882 on: August 01, 2015, 05:02:10 PM

I read a line where they made a change so the bosses prioritize the hero over the summons.  I still beat it the first try with Scarlet Witch, but I haven't done it with anyone else yet.

Yeah, I dunno what it is though.  However, with the sometimes 10-12 of my own summons out, I can't see shit.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2883 on: August 01, 2015, 05:30:45 PM

If there are enough summons out they will actually block the mobs from attacking you which makes the AI go stupid apparently.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2884 on: August 01, 2015, 08:43:38 PM

My Ms. M cruised through the new test in pretty much exactly the same fashion as the old test.

Beat the Green Hydra wave with little over 2 minutes to spare, Killed the Red Hydra with a little under 2 minutes to go.

I want to say I beat the first wave even faster then my first test, but I was sloppy on my second wave and it took like 10 seconds longer.

This go around I did have a invulnerability core (finally got a decent one to drop!), which made it even easier then before. The only really iffy part is that attack Red Skull can spring on you when he's at like 30-20% life left. That took my 30k HP Ms. Marvel down to like less then 10K in one shot. I'm betting that one-shots mere mortals  why so serious?

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2885 on: August 01, 2015, 09:34:20 PM

Yes, bosses in the trial basically fixate on the player now -- this may be fine for tanky heroes, but not so fine for ones that rely on dodging/invis/aggro control/pets/etc. The only way to temporarily ditch them is to use a pet/teamup that has an actual taunt skill... and even then they'll stick back on the player after it wears off. Invisibility doesn't help much either, I had Skull follow my invisible Rocket and attack him the moment invis dropped. Still beat it on the first try, though.

I'm not much of a fan of the trial using different mechanics than the rest of the game... nor do I like the emphasis on non-telegraphed attacks with really minor animation tells that get lost in the cloud of particle effects nearly one-shotting heroes, emphasizing the use of an invul core (talk about a broken game mechanic there... how do you balance against 20% uptime invulnerability only possessed by part of your playerbase?). I'm preeetty sure all of the bosses in cMM have long windup animations with obvious ground markers for their one-shot abilities.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:37:43 PM by Zetor »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2886 on: August 01, 2015, 10:03:41 PM

Yea, but there's usually half a dozen of them surrounded by a dozen players and 50 random ass mobs, so not knowing when they are going to happen is pretty accurate to the Cosmic Midtown experience.  why so serious?

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2887 on: August 02, 2015, 12:10:40 AM

I'm of two opinions. One, the trial keeps shitty characters and players out of CMM. Two, it's darn hard if you are not a brokenly good character.

But darn if it doesn't make CMM a nice experience.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2888 on: August 02, 2015, 12:15:40 AM

Well, I think it makes CMM boring and dull. Go to boss wave, spam AOE and boss_killing_skill_of_choice_01, maybe dodge really obvious telegraphs every 15 sec, done... before the trial, there was a whole lot more chaos, excitement, rezzing people who failboated, "will we make it?!" tension with the timer, etc.

Right now the most engaging part of CMM is sorting through all the junk that dropped every 2-3 waves. Maybe I'm just not well-suited for diablo-like gameplay, though.  awesome, for real

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2889 on: August 02, 2015, 02:24:50 AM

Two, it's darn hard if you are not a brokenly good character.

I think it is actually all about Omegas.

7500 omegas is roughly 7500 DR. Or about 5 legendary weapons.

Omegas seem to be the difference between those who find it easy or not.

For the surviving big attacks, you need to assume there is always enough damage winding up to kill you, and move between almost every attack. The red zones are only going to help you avoid moving into a ranged attack.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:24:57 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2890 on: August 02, 2015, 07:02:28 AM

Rather than continue this in the Win10 thread:

Ahh the infamous meta file error. I see that one A LOT on the forums. Do you use the stand alone patcher or steam?

Stand alone. I considered converting it over to Steam but I've seen far more complaints of issues from Steam players than those who've remained on the standalone. For now I'm going to continue that way.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2891 on: August 02, 2015, 07:31:55 AM

I'm simply not bothering with any of this gate bullshit. Lock me out of content I could do just fine with a trial that doesn't have anything to do with nor correspond to the challenge of the content it's gating? Fuck you.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2892 on: August 02, 2015, 09:56:38 AM

Rather than continue this in the Win10 thread:

Ahh the infamous meta file error. I see that one A LOT on the forums. Do you use the stand alone patcher or steam?

Stand alone. I considered converting it over to Steam but I've seen far more complaints of issues from Steam players than those who've remained on the standalone. For now I'm going to continue that way.

So i am guessing i shouldn't upgrade to windows 10?

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2893 on: August 02, 2015, 12:07:38 PM

I'm on 10 and haven't had any issues with it or the game. Using the steam version here.

-edit-
I'm simply not bothering with any of this gate bullshit. Lock me out of content I could do just fine with a trial that doesn't have anything to do with nor correspond to the challenge of the content it's gating? Fuck you.

I dunno, I feel like the trial is a pretty darn good representation of how difficult Cosmic Midtown and ICP are. Damage and health levels seem comparable, as does the ability to explode if you linger in bad things or let yourself drop low.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:13:50 PM by Fordel »

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2894 on: August 02, 2015, 12:19:25 PM

The only difference is that you can actually fail the trial while its damn near impossible to "fail" a wave in CMM even if you die repeatedly, and people just aren't used to that.  The only problem with the trial (and most other content really) is that is harder on melee and too easy on summoners.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2895 on: August 02, 2015, 12:35:42 PM

So i am guessing i shouldn't upgrade to windows 10?

I'm on 10 and haven't had any issues with it or the game. Using the steam version here.

Yeah, end result is it doesn't seem to be a Win-10 thing, other than the need to run as Administrator. (Which is inconsistent at best, based on the info in threads.)

My problem appears to have been the upgrade process happened and my patcher was corrupted somewhere. Could have been last weekend, could have been during the upgrade. No idea. Re-downloading the patcher and re-installing in the same directory fixed it. I got the 3gb patch from Thursday last night and I'm running fine again.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2896 on: August 02, 2015, 12:57:07 PM

I don't really want to be drawn into a discussion about the cosmic trial because I find the whole thing so poisonous; but I really, strongly disagree that it's representative of the experience it's gating.
Not one encounter in either CMM or CIC operates like the Cosmic Trial. Not the single untimed random boss encounters (which I could solo), not the mob groups, not the timed zone boss battles, during which I did my job smashing or picking up the defeated to lower the recovery time (seriously people, it takes like 3 seconds to rez someone, it takes them substantially longer to run back to the fight). Everyone got some loot, win.

Apparently, that's not enough any more. To participate in exactly the same content I was doing two weeks ago. Don't take away something I had and hold it to ransom. I'm British. We don't fucking pay.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2897 on: August 02, 2015, 01:16:48 PM

There's a whole lot less rezzing in the cosmic patrols these days.   why so serious?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2898 on: August 02, 2015, 01:17:47 PM

-edit-

I dunno, I feel like the trial is a pretty darn good representation of how difficult Cosmic Midtown and ICP are. Damage and health levels seem comparable, as does the ability to explode if you linger in bad things or let yourself drop low.

The Cosmic Trials are not like CM and CICP.  I made it through the other trial and was doing Cosmic just fine.  I wasn't dying and everything was going fine, I was even soloing bosses.  Now with the change to how summons are treated.. that is only in the trial mind you.  I am getting wrecked.  If it's an Omega issue then I am fucked since I only have like 390 pts.  Which is still a bullshit deal.  I have an Invul core, a full legendary, I have blessings on a couple artifacts, and bis items.  Basically, what turned from me logging on every once in awhile to play has become.. why bother.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2899 on: August 02, 2015, 01:40:17 PM

The trial was extremely easy for summoners who could basically afk through it while their pets wiped everything out, making them target you instead is just an attempt to make it comparable to what other classes have to go through.  You can still mostly get out of LOS around all the obstacles they put in there and still cheese it with summoners though.

I am the .00000001428%
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2900 on: August 02, 2015, 01:54:56 PM

I tend to agree with Mattemeo about how this is going to hurt the game in the long term (though I think the cosmic trial/gate is a symptom, not the cause), but yea, that's a debate for another day.

Anyway, like I said before, there is no reason to change the way how aggro works compared to every other part of the game. To take a direct cMM/cICP parallel: soloing the single bosses as gunner Rocket was always super-easy (still is) just by having my pet and a (non-taunting) TU out. If I ever get aggro at any point, burrow, bam, aggro dumped. It's kinda necessary too, considering my #1 dps ability (and like 40% of my total damage) is a channeled ability with a ramp-up that I need to stand still to use. Heck, I even soloed Black Cat and Mole Man at the same time in cMM, and even though it got a bit hectic (I was resummoning both Groots a few times), I could rely on groot / TU keeping them under control at least for their regular attacks.

This is... not the case in the trial. I was lucky I brought in my Pirate Deadpool teamup (was still leveling him) since he has a lowish cooldown taunt that at least gets the boss out of my face for a while every now and then. If the developers think summoners (or hybrids like Rocket) have it too easy with their aggro control, then change the way aggro works everywhere in the game. I'm sure players of summoner heroes will be overjoyed.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:56:52 PM by Zetor »

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2901 on: August 02, 2015, 02:17:56 PM

I agree that trying to make the trial "fair" for everyone rather than representative of how the classes actually play is a bit silly.  The real solution would be to make other summoners (mainly iceman, boy that automatic dot aura on the pets was dumb) as active as Loki.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2902 on: August 02, 2015, 03:30:05 PM

Hey look, elitist 1% gamers saying "it's fine" while everyone else says "it's bullshit."

It's 2000 all over again!

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2903 on: August 02, 2015, 03:40:12 PM

Is this where I call you a scrub that needs to learn to play?  awesome, for real

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2904 on: August 03, 2015, 05:09:06 PM

So, Jean...yeah. Pretty impressive now.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: