Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:00:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892217 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2345 on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:05 PM

There is a cosmic doom in 60 seconds achieve, it seems impossible. He takes a good 15 or so at least in switching between phases.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2346 on: May 01, 2015, 09:28:59 PM

Need one of those broke ass one shot builds with a nullifier  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2347 on: May 02, 2015, 08:01:07 AM

Scarlet Witch is at a "wow, they probably actually have to nerf this" level atm.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2348 on: May 02, 2015, 08:14:38 AM

Ultron encounter is very much not fun.

Alternately; I am not strong enough to do this and neither were half the players I did it with. So many deaths, the entire thing was a zerg rush each phase.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2349 on: May 02, 2015, 09:04:25 AM

I wouldn't want to run it with a pickup group, but the guild groups i've run with didn't have much trouble getting gold in every phase. I thought it was tons of fun.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2350 on: May 02, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

It's not.  Unless you find it easy.  Then I would imagine it would be fun.

So.

There we go.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2351 on: May 02, 2015, 02:36:25 PM

Threash, you just said what every WoW raider pre-LFR did. Think on that.

You are simply playing the game at a different level. That's fine if it's what they're going for, but too much of it alienates users.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2352 on: May 02, 2015, 03:00:28 PM

I guess plopping it right next to the midtown and x defense queues was probably a bad idea when it is closer to raid content than to those things.  When we started doing red raids we asked people to have  a minute forty five TTK on the raid dummy, the power creep since then has been so humongous the worst characters now pull in the high 40s TTK.  Wanda is in the mid twenties.  I figured things were easy because of the power creep that affected everyone, not just because i'm usually super geared and omegaed, sorry.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2353 on: May 02, 2015, 03:05:15 PM

The power creep is a result of being super geared and having omegas and shit. There hasn't really been non-geared power creep on most heroes since the general ability change that fiddled with stats and ability ranks.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2354 on: May 02, 2015, 03:09:17 PM

I am using the awesomely easy and powered Cap in the Ultron fight and it was basically a salmon upstream fight where I just kept respawing until we killed him.

He one shots you.  And those fucking Iron Man armors freeze you, THEN one shot you.

It's designed around YOU, mate, and it pretty much fucking sucks for the rest of us.

I've done it now.  Won't be attempting it again.  On any hero.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2355 on: May 02, 2015, 03:58:16 PM

Much like never adopting Apple products at their first iteration, I learned from both Vibranium Mines and Bronx Zoo that you don't play new game modes the first week/s they get patched in.
The balance is always fucked, because the only people that have played it have been on Test where they can drop bleeding edge gear and Test-only accessories on their characters and trivialize content that will casually annihilate non-hardcore players.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2356 on: May 02, 2015, 04:00:11 PM

I found Ultron ok the first time.

Pretty dull after that.

This game needs a random dungeon mode.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2357 on: May 02, 2015, 06:29:37 PM

I tried Ultron Mode. I thought it was hilariously overtuned to the point that you'd have to be in the top 1% of gearing/omegas to not find it either a boring slog or frustratingly difficult. Or both.

Which is a shame because the instance looks great. With that much size and detail, it really should have been a new story zone. Instead all that development time will be largely wasted because I really don't see it being worth the effort at all. Especially when half your team can just drop with no reprocusions, utterly wasting your time and leaving you screwed.

Over and out.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2358 on: May 02, 2015, 09:23:07 PM

MH seems to have crazy power creep, turning each hero into FOTM "better than everyone else" whenever their review comes (which tends to coincide with a new movie release).

It doesn't have much of an impact for someone like me who is only doing "hold down one button to clear the entire screen"-grade content, but even I can feel that f'rex Rocket is a sad and squishy low-damage critter when using his best damage spec and the optimal 4-5 button rotation (I'm pretty sure my Cyclops outdamaged him at level ~50 by using one button and pressing a second one whenever it came off CD). I'll just have to hold out until the new GotG movie, and everything will be fine.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:25:32 PM by Zetor »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2359 on: May 02, 2015, 09:31:41 PM

Apparently you don't need to be in a level cap holo-sim to qualify for the wave 50 title achievement.

So just head in on a level 1 and work your way through the waves.  why so serious?

The only time I feel the power creep is on those heroes that are like "and now I one-shot cosmic doom!". The ones that are just like, obviously broken in some fashion. It probably helps that I main Ms. Marvel. Even though she is on the wrong end of the review timeline currently, she is a far way from being bad. Maybe build limited, but still very effective.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2360 on: May 03, 2015, 02:47:53 AM

Especially when half your team can just drop with no reprocusions, utterly wasting your time and leaving you screwed.

The point about players dropping is certainly an issue. On the first day it was ok bevause at leaat 4 of 5 players would see it through. Now at least 2 seem to drop in the first phase, then the iron man phase finishes everyone else off.

For all the issues with holo sim and x defence, at least players dropping out forces a conclusuon.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2361 on: May 03, 2015, 08:28:44 AM

I am struggling to ignore all this crap they keep throwing in at level 60 like factions, etc.  I have characters to level, goddamnit. Stop making me feel like I'm missing out by focusing on them instead of playing a max-level character.

The Omega system was much better done and well-considered than the faction and raid crap because of this. You still get Omega orbs when leveling, even if they're at a reduced rate.

I guess plopping it right next to the midtown and x defense queues was probably a bad idea when it is closer to raid content than to those things.  When we started doing red raids we asked people to have  a minute forty five TTK on the raid dummy, the power creep since then has been so humongous the worst characters now pull in the high 40s TTK.  Wanda is in the mid twenties.  I figured things were easy because of the power creep that affected everyone, not just because i'm usually super geared and omegaed, sorry.

Nope, just the upper end, and no worries.

If you want to find out how awful it is, run through normal ICP or MM on Monday and collect all the level 63 uniques you can. If you get a full set, in 3-4 hours then bonus. Then respec your character with only common enchants/ blessings & artifacts, a Legendary at stage 1 or 2 at best a level 25 URU item and no more than 200 artifacts.  Also spec no more than 800 Omegas.(I've been playing almost a year now and only have 833)

When you've done that, then give Ultron a run with a PUG. That's the game the rest of us play. 

Hell, realize that most of the players in your PUG probably don't even know about the blessings, artifacts are way off (Probably because they're split all over characters so "eh, this will do" happens).

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2362 on: May 03, 2015, 08:37:25 AM

Some cheevo tips: if you have a 60 rocket use him to open your avengers daily gift inside a cosmic terminal, one of his achievements is to loot 50 eternity splinters inside cosmics.  Also if you don't mind burning a retcon buy a legendary, turn it back into a odin marks chest at your crafter and open the chest with Thor for a free cheevo.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2363 on: May 04, 2015, 12:36:24 PM

Scarlet Witch is at a "wow, they probably actually have to nerf this" level atm.

HAHA one thing I am sure they will do is tone her signatures instant murder of anything not a boss ability. SW in the road to axis one shot is hilarious all the super annoying high HP hulkbuster units you get fighting red skull instant die to her signature. So that whole fight is a total joke as you can just insty murder one huge part of it. Also cosmic curse runs are also a snap due to the murder non boss abilities as you can just blip around from lieutenant to lieutenant and just click a button and move to the next guy.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2364 on: May 04, 2015, 12:53:42 PM

To be fair, she isn't the only hero who can one shot those lieutenants. But she probably is the only one who could one shot a screen of hulkbusters.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2365 on: May 05, 2015, 06:14:51 AM

I'm playing SW right now and I don't like her.  What am I missing ?

She seems to have no mechanic as such and just area spam.  No ?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2366 on: May 05, 2015, 06:57:12 AM

Her mechanic is faceroll?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2367 on: May 05, 2015, 07:14:35 AM

She seems horrible to level. A lot of her powers do a thing based on how many other powers you've used in the same category, which doesn't work if you don't have all of them. Also chaos goes nuts when combined with the signature, but mediocre otherwise. (or maybe it is awesome and I'm terrible idk)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2368 on: May 05, 2015, 07:48:53 AM

I've taken to the view that when people say, "X is amazing now" or "OMG Z is overpowered" they only mean at level cap and maybe only with all appropriate gear.

It also usually means they're crap to level.  Thor, for example, has been boring as shit and mana hungry as hell. Then I hit the 40s this weekend and (s)he started improving. 

Meanwhile, Hawkeye has been fun to level even though he's still regarded as terrible after the review. Enough points in poison arrow and electric arrow and it's a blast.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2369 on: May 05, 2015, 09:00:47 AM

I like Hawkeye a LOT now and I didn't before.  His Trick Quiver mechanic is actually a blast, especially since they clearly hotfixed Wave of Arrows and the Damage at the same time. 

To be blunt, he was utter SHIT before.

Thor I find fun, but only because I took one look at what high level chaps were saying was a 'leveling' build and realizing they were talking utter shite.  Using their build, I went out of spirit in nanoseconds, whereas swapping even the primary attack points made it a lot of fun.  I'll spec back when I have higher level and less spirit problems.  I don't mind him at all.

I have found that the chars I find the most fun are those with a 'mechanic'.  Serum, Debris, Odin Power, Trick Quiver, etc.  Usually the heroes without that are kinda lame and samey.  I'm finding SW no different to play at the moment than Storm and while I liked Storm a great deal and found her a pleasure, I don't really need to do it twice.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2370 on: May 05, 2015, 09:23:54 AM

I'm currently levelling SW and I'm really enjoying her. I'm investing mostly in Decimation; my build at L30 so far:

Decimation
(max) Chaos Rift - big, long lasting ground target AE doom-patch, looks amazing, ruins anything that comes close. I love this.
(max) Chaos Hex - big hitting 'single target' blast that splits between 1 and 5 blasts at random and also seeks out enemies you aren't even targetting
(max) Bouncing Hex - it's a bounce attack that you can spam. Again, the bounces are variable but being able to spam it makes up for the occasional fizzle. I will likely retcon out of this when I can use Chaos Warp, though.
(max) Chaos Magic - essential offensive passive.

Negation
(max) Obfusticate - essential defensive passive
(max) Unmake Reality - HUGE AE/DoT that annihilates anything that isn't Boss-tagged. And then it auto-procs up to 10 different effects from your gear or powers. And it buffs a bunch of other powers. It is awesome and frankly terrifying.

Disruption
(max) Ravenous Binding - big AE blast which gives you crazy, crazy HP regen.

Future power picks: Chaos Warp (obvs), Beast from Beyond. Can't say how either of them will work out, I just like the look out of 'em.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2371 on: May 05, 2015, 09:27:54 AM

I like Hawkeye a LOT now and I didn't before.  His Trick Quiver mechanic is actually a blast, especially since they clearly hotfixed Wave of Arrows and the Damage at the same time.  

Thor I find fun, but only because I took one look at what high level chaps were saying was a 'leveling' build and realizing they were talking utter shite.  Using their build, I went out of spirit in nanoseconds, whereas swapping even the primary attack points made it a lot of fun.  I'll spec back when I have higher level and less spirit problems.  I don't mind him at all.

I have found that the chars I find the most fun are those with a 'mechanic'.  Serum, Debris, Odin Power, Trick Quiver, etc.  Usually the heroes without that are kinda lame and samey.  I'm finding SW no different to play at the moment than Storm and while I liked Storm a great deal and found her a pleasure, I don't really need to do it twice.

She does have a mechanic, her hex sphere power spends it.  Hits like a truck too if you use it after beasts from beyond. And yeah, i don't think anyone is calling Hawkeye terrible anymore, specially after the second round of buffs in the last patch.  He's still not the best ranged/physical character because punisher is a beast, but he is definitely good.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2372 on: May 05, 2015, 09:47:41 AM

I like Hawkeye a LOT now and I didn't before.  His Trick Quiver mechanic is actually a blast, especially since they clearly hotfixed Wave of Arrows and the Damage at the same time.  

Thor I find fun, but only because I took one look at what high level chaps were saying was a 'leveling' build and realizing they were talking utter shite.  Using their build, I went out of spirit in nanoseconds, whereas swapping even the primary attack points made it a lot of fun.  I'll spec back when I have higher level and less spirit problems.  I don't mind him at all.

I have found that the chars I find the most fun are those with a 'mechanic'.  Serum, Debris, Odin Power, Trick Quiver, etc.  Usually the heroes without that are kinda lame and samey.  I'm finding SW no different to play at the moment than Storm and while I liked Storm a great deal and found her a pleasure, I don't really need to do it twice.

She does have a mechanic, her hex sphere power spends it.  Hits like a truck too if you use it after beasts from beyond. And yeah, i don't think anyone is calling Hawkeye terrible anymore, specially after the second round of buffs in the last patch.  He's still not the best ranged/physical character because punisher is a beast, but he is definitely good.

I was going to reply 'Her what Now?'

But I'm looking at a build calculator that says the powers right up the top of the tree are available at 1st and 2nd level.

Have I been really, really stupid ?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2373 on: May 05, 2015, 09:54:12 AM

Hmm i dunno what level it comes at but hex sphere is near the bottom of the decimation tree, you might not have gotten it yet.  It's a passive that lets you build up charges when you use chaos powers and then spend them in three powerful blasts.  I guess it doesn't really count as a "mechanic" since only decimation wandas get it, but it's better than nothing and that's her best tree anyways.  I think that build calculator may not be updated with her changes.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2374 on: May 05, 2015, 09:55:21 AM

I hope not.  Or I'm going to feel like a bit of a cunt.

Anyway, as far as I can tell she's still Area Death.  And I did that with Storm. 

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2375 on: May 06, 2015, 01:33:14 AM

Finally got around to Captain America. Wow that was a lot of faceroll.

Also do I understand this 63 to 66 upgrade correctly? I pay 200ish commendations once per slot for the recipes, then can upgrade any number of uniques from 63 to 66 forever at trivial credit cost?

Finally, question about bad artifacts, is there anything at all I can do with them, or do they go to vendor trash?

EDIT : Hero and costume BOGO in game right now, if that is your thing.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:45:05 AM by eldaec »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2376 on: May 06, 2015, 01:46:30 AM

You understand the item upgrade correctly, you buy a recipe that goes onto your crafter that lets you upgrade any future items for those slots for a trivial amount of credits.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2377 on: May 06, 2015, 02:09:43 AM

Playing with a Waste Not build of Snookums Magneto right now.  It's hilarious.  I can't stop giggling and shouting 'Car' every time I drop a car on someone.  Wife not amused.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2378 on: May 06, 2015, 03:44:12 AM

Got Kate Bishop to 50 last night. very enjoyable run even though any boss aggro meant I could die quickly.  Thor only has a few more levels till he's 50, so I guess I'll do that while the bonus XP is there.   Has anyone given Vision a good run yet?  I think I'll work on him a bit this week end.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2379 on: May 06, 2015, 03:47:51 AM

Hawkeye has that cool vanish trick you should at least have one point in tho.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: