Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892205 times)
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1435 on: October 09, 2014, 10:50:44 AM

On the other side, Steam can be annoying for the weekly patch.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1436 on: October 09, 2014, 11:47:31 AM

So I fired it up. No sound. Looked on the forums for a solution. Saw that running the "repair tool" from the launcher fixes it. Ran tool. Now downloading 15 patches. GG.

Urge to play not rising.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:54:15 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1437 on: October 09, 2014, 11:48:33 AM

Swap to the Steam version, even with the patching annoyance.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1438 on: October 09, 2014, 11:55:25 AM

I'm not spending another night downloading ANOTHER version of this. Thankfully most of the 15 patches seem to be fairly small.

Hic sunt dracones.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1439 on: October 09, 2014, 12:19:48 PM

Downloading/Patching this game is not its strong point.  It was one of the reasons I nearly gave up on the game when I first tried it.  Glad I gave it another chance, though.

Over and out.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1440 on: October 09, 2014, 02:42:50 PM

Played an hour or so of it, and chose Black Panther because he seemed the most interesting of the default bunch, and more because I like cats. Not bad actually, had fun sneaking around and slashing people. Cant see me ever using the ranged weapons options on him.

Hic sunt dracones.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1441 on: October 09, 2014, 03:25:07 PM

You lucked out into the best starting character, nice job!

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1442 on: October 09, 2014, 04:46:39 PM

Storm is just as good, but a totally different playstyle.

Over and out.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1443 on: October 12, 2014, 07:13:58 AM

Cube shards. Is there something worth saving these up for? I buy cards on occasion when I remember.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1444 on: October 12, 2014, 07:28:15 AM

I had a few really good cosmic medallions that aren't easily farmed that I really wanted to unhindered so I had to save for that recipe, other than that or the recipe to create unstable molecules which I'm not sure is worth it but other than that the only worthwhile thing is fortune cards.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1445 on: October 12, 2014, 10:20:10 AM

Unbind, stupid autocorrect.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1446 on: October 17, 2014, 05:47:41 PM

New code: ROCKET

Also if you have Psylocke holy shit she destroys things now.

I am the .00000001428%
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1447 on: October 17, 2014, 06:14:51 PM

Cyclops is very different, as well.  I only played for a bit, but his boost in survivability was really noticeable.  Redid his skills, and even updated the graphics on the ricochet skill.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1448 on: October 17, 2014, 07:18:09 PM

I still think old Psylocke had a great design that just needed a couple tweaks, whereas new Psylocke is shitty shit design that has no idea what it's doing, but the DPS increase is certainly nice, yes.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1449 on: October 17, 2014, 08:45:37 PM

I don't agree with that, new Psy opens up a lot of things that just weren't bothering with on old Psy. Powers work together now in a more fluid way.

There's also apparently some kind of double dipping bug on Psy so expect some of that damage to maybe go away.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1450 on: October 18, 2014, 03:18:35 AM

Cyclops is interesting. They uped his damage and updated his effects, but they didn't do a lot to fundamentally alter his play style. He's still only a couple of buttons. Optic Devastation is a nice really strong CD. I picked Iceman as his pal. He has a neat graphic, but is really slow to come in. His Signature uses the same graphic as his old ultimate. The only thing I could ask for there is that you didn't have to hold down the hotkey for it or that they at least gave it a channel bar. His travel power is just like Wolverine's, which makes sense. I do miss the sound effect of the old Ricochet, but his sound effects are all much more cohesive now. Finally, the best part is that he no longer walks around like he's in dire need of dropping a load. awesome, for real
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1451 on: October 18, 2014, 07:02:42 AM

I'd love to give Psylocke a try, but they borked up Adam Warlock's ES list (basically replaced her with Nova) so I'm out of luck till monday, I guess. Bit of a fuck-up considering her QoL pass and new costume went live on the same day she disappeared.

Been playing Storm a bit. I like her powers (boy does she feel overpowered) but I'm not sure how much more I can cope with her dialogue. Her voice is fine, I just can't stand her constant, ceaseless self-aggrandisement and piousness. You're not a Goddess and I don't need to know how fragile the works of man are. Please, pretty please, with a cherry on top, say something fun. People complain about Susan Storm's mumsiness but at least she's got a bit of variety. Too much emphasis on the bloody awful Halle Berry portrayal imo.

Gave in and started Wolverine... I didn't want to like him (I'm very tired of his ubiquitousness and I'm glad he's getting a rest, even if Marvel have no idea how to stop fucking talking about him) but... he's a lot of fun. Straight out the box decimates everything put in front of him, has great Voicework and he's so delightfully wee it makes scampering around with him a joy. If X-23 turns out to be anything like him, at least in the immediate fun stakes, I'm looking forward to her even more.

Gambit is amazing. Like, actually properly full on awesome to play. He's chaotic and a little jumpy (literally, Bo Vault is crazy fun) but his AE damage out-put is practically unbeatable and his HP/hit from Savate passive is so good I don't use Lemurias or a HP/Hit core. If I could level one complaint about him it would be that because you can lay down so much AE ground cover, it actually makes boss attack telelgraphs really difficult to see. Also I find it strange/amusing that I haven't maxed a single attack on him, only his 3 major passives and Ragin' Cajun.
As part of a duo with Rogue, they felt pretty much unbeatable. Might try to replicate the success with a Jean/Cyke duo.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 07:14:46 AM by Mattemeo »

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1452 on: October 18, 2014, 07:21:40 AM

There's also apparently some kind of double dipping bug on Psy so expect some of that damage to maybe go away.  why so serious?

Actually what i saw was that the toggle that's supposed to switch between 20% physical damage and all mental damage actually has both when you toggle it, so she is actually missing 20% base damage.

I am the .00000001428%
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1453 on: October 18, 2014, 07:24:31 AM

I don't agree with that, new Psy opens up a lot of things that just weren't bothering with on old Psy. Powers work together now in a more fluid way.
Most of all I miss the flexibility that TK energy gave you in deciding when to use [what by design should have been] your more impactful powers. Having multiple cooldowns on DPS skills drive me batty when they're out-of-phase and I have to constantly watch my bar to figure out priorities. Old Psylocke let me work in the heavy hitters when I felt like without it being a huge DPS loss if I failed to hit my buttons the millisecond they lit up. I don't know of any other heroes that have a mechanic like that so it's really disappointing that they unceremoniously axed it.

I'll try not to belabor the point too much here but I'm super frothy after reading through pages and pages of official forums, and - on new Psylocke, basics are useless, Tsunami Slash seems useless (you gear for either mental or melee; Tsunami is neither), managing clones is awful busywork, the Psionic Projection active feels like they just gave up trying to design anything, Shadow Dash makes no sense (it stealths me only when nobody's around to see me, awesome), the dashes don't cancel into each other as smoothly for long-distance travel, the trees aren't as thematic, and since I hate the new ranged mental build for reasons stated in the previous paragraph I've settled into a goofy-ass Thrust-cancel-into-Crossbow rotation that is going to give me carpal tunnel. Psionic Constructs was the one tree that actually did its job well previously so Gaz deciding to gut the whole thing at the behest of forum retards is just swamp poop.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1454 on: October 18, 2014, 02:55:15 PM

That wasn't how TK energy worked in my experience. For me it was drain TK, spend 2 seconds refilling it (if that long) then drain it again. Stack DOTS, mash the single target TK spender, hit the TK generator basic for a few shots, repeat. I don't see how this was more flexible then the new system. /shrug

Everything is Mental damage if you want it to be, there is a toggle on Deadly Assassin that turns all the physical attacks into mental ones. Melee mental is an option now.

Shadow Dash is actually a teleport skill now, you can go over/through barriers with it. It's dramatically faster and superior as a travel mechanic. The no stealth on hit is just there so you can't just dash back and forth over enemies without them being able to ever fight back. I've had no issues with it working as a engage or disengage.

Tsunami Slash is a spamable ranged DD AE without conditionals, for use after layering DoTs. Also a good trash clearing ability.

The Clones used to be busy work, now they just arrive from regular gameplay. They weren't even part of my build pre-patch for all the fuss they required did relatively little. Now they are added value for no extra investment on my part.

Basic's are useless on just about everyone, this isn't exclusive to Psylocke. There are a handful of exceptions but for the most part they are just resource generators.

I don't get how we are playing her so dramatically different that everything is ass to you but vast improvement to me. I'm playing the same way I was playing before, except now I have added utilities, survivability and my powers work together more fluidly. It's everything I was doing before, but better.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1455 on: October 18, 2014, 08:20:40 PM

Yeah, I forgot they added in the physical -> mental thing at the last minute. That means I no longer have an excuse to skip FLS and now I have a fourth thing to press mechanically every 7 seconds, yay.

The CD on Shadow Dash isn't as bad as I thought it was, but smoothly canceling her dashes into each other just felt good on a visceral level that the jerky start-stop of the new Dash -> Thrust -> Dash doesn't satisfy.

It really is just a personal thing in the end, but like half the cast has a rotation that boils down to "press a bunch of buttons on CD/expiry, spam away with one power otherwise" and I like to pretend I'm making more decisions than that. The patch took the mechanics that were interesting to me (at least potentially - mostly they weren't well-realized) and made them ignorable. It's not necessarily "bad design" in a vacuum but in the context of the rest of the game she lost a lot of her uniqueness and that makes me sad.

For reference, my build pre-patch used Tsunami as its only TK spender (this was terrible for overall DPS but since any old thing can do green raids I didn't really mind). Since I only got three attacks with it before running empty, choosing when to spend and when to refill felt like an important decision. If a blue circle was coming I could drop out of melee, hit Tsunami for my next few attacks, then Psi-Thrust back in to refill, and I felt like I was being adaptable and rewarded for using my resources correctly. Now when I do anything but stand in one place cycling through abilities, I feel penalized rather than rewarded.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1456 on: October 18, 2014, 08:54:15 PM

Psi-Strike and Tsunami were my old TK spenders and neither was terribly thoughtful, the TK bar was just regenerated so quickly it might as well not existed and well...  why so serious?

What are you playing as, a pure ranged build?

I'm a Mental Melee hybrid and I am constantly dashing and leaping around like a ninja while clumping enemies into my death vortex. Nothing I use has an actual CD other then my CC breaker and my Sig. The only thing I could see using that would have one is assassinate, but that's all of four seconds. I'm mostly not bothering with it for the moment, I'd rather just hold down the Psi-Strike button.

Vortex into Tsunami into a Dash for a clone into a Lotus then a Assault and dash out to the next pack and repeat. On bosses I do that then Psi-Strike till DoT refresh. Or some variation of, it's not terribly important on what goes first other then Vortex to clump them all up. The clones draw attention so I get the extra damage from 'not attacking me' and the obvious benefit of not being a bullet magnet. The new TK shield fills the hole I had before where I would just crumple, now I can take a few hits in a cosmic and live long enough to do something about it.

/shrug

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1457 on: October 18, 2014, 09:22:41 PM

For bosses I'm keeping up assault, FLS, and Vortex while hitting Psycho-Blast on CD. When not doing those things I'm spamming Psi-Thrust and Crossbow. Crossbow cancels the thrust animation which seems like good DPS; I'm not entirely sure the damage increase from that is better than staying pure ranged and using Bow but like hell am I adding a fifth thing on a timer to my rotation (also, Thrust means infinite spirit and barrier). Add in Shadow Dash, Projection, the CC break, and Butterflies and that's way more buttons than is fun for me to deal with.

Trash packs don't really register to me; my trash rotation is "hit Assault and then dash to the next thing". If there are blues I'll throw in a Psycho-Blast as well, but if that doesn't wipe the spawn I usually just forget about them and move on.

It's crossed my mind that melee might be the way to go - it seemed too fiddly before but it might be just the right amount of fiddly now - but I really don't want to have to regear everything, especially with how much of a pain it is to get good hybrid gear.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:25:34 PM by ezrast »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1458 on: October 18, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

I wouldn't use Lotus in a ranged build and I wouldn't use a movement power as a main attack. I can guarantee you just shooting your crossbow will net you more DPS and less headache then whatever you are doing currently with the animation canceling. You can ditch Psi-Thrust too probably and just Shadow Dash, there are waaaaay better ways to stay spirit positive for a ranged build. You don't need to use Projection as a skill, just as a passive, a few quick dashes will get you clones. Not even sure you'd need the clones other then as bullet magnets. Do they mimic bow?

I'd Vortex, Blast, Bow, Assault, Crossbow till repeat, if Blast or Bow are a few seconds late, who cares. Dash around and CC break as required to not die and Sig whenever desired. Use the ranged basic to regen spirit if required. I think your just over thinking it all and trying to use too much.

If you do go melee or hybrid, just toggle to mental damage and most of your stuff will carry over unless it's super duper ranged specialized.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1459 on: October 19, 2014, 09:16:40 PM

Oh geez, what are you guys doing? this is how you psylocke:

20 telekinetic prowess
20 psionic projection
20 assassinate
1  psi knife

20 falling lotus strike
20 deadly assassin
20 kirisute gomen

20 psionic assault
20 ethereal butterflies
1  psionic resiliance
1  psionic vortex

Leave the toggle off, you really gain no benefit from going all mental.  Your main dps rotation is psionic projection --> assassinate every four seconds and kirisute gomen in between while keeping your layers up (falling lotus, psionic assault, psionic vortex) butterfly on cooldown to keep your health/spirit/shield up.  Metric fuck tons of damage, fairly low survivability until you learn to keep aggro on your illusions and to keep clear of aoe fields.  Use a midtown signet ring, assassinate is tagged movement and you use it every four seconds so that's a nice 1200 DR from a max ring.  Get some hps whereever you can, tombstone or doom medallions are both good options and you definitely want at least 1500hps on your insignia.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1460 on: October 19, 2014, 11:07:32 PM

I'm really enjoying the new Cyclops. Granted, I always did enjoy him and had apparently managed to be extremely lucky with good unique drops. But the new stuff makes him just more.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1461 on: October 19, 2014, 02:41:27 PM

Liking Nova quite a bit, seem to be a good variety of builds that would be workable.  I'm going with the speed/movement powers (and the magnetar).  Just got the toggle, my damage rating doubles when I turn it on.

I never read any of the Nova stuff, was he as much of an insufferable ass in the comics?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1462 on: October 19, 2014, 03:34:03 PM

Are you the old man Nova or the teen Nova?

The answer is yes.  why so serious?

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1463 on: October 20, 2014, 05:12:29 PM

The new automagic vacuum feature is pretty sweet. It's larger than the screen. The only thing that would be nicer is if it was set per character instead of by account.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #1464 on: October 20, 2014, 05:32:49 PM

New machine with more room for games coming, have any of you bought the Mega Pack MK II ? Is it that hard to unlock characters and items? I'm going to be more of a casual player, playing maybe a couple of times a week.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1465 on: October 20, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

I bought the advance pack 2 because i didn't buy the first one and ended up getting every hero anyways at a much higher total cost even including all the heroes i got from splinters and giveaways.  It is great value if you like the game.  Playing a couple times a week it should be around a month or so to unlock a hero, which is slow but not surprising if you play that little.  A splinter drops at a very even 8 mins or so of play time, heroes cost 200/400/600 splinters for specific heroes or 175 for a completely random hero (which could be a repeat), so do the math based on your own play time.  If you enjoy the hero you are playing getting new heroes at a slow rate is not necessarily a drawback, but the huge roster is basically one of the biggest draws of this game.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1466 on: October 20, 2014, 05:50:42 PM

I bought the Mega Pack. I haven't been as content with a game purchase in a long time.

Splinters aren't that bad until you have a bit less than half of the heroes, then the "risk" of duplicate heroes grows and the random thrill starts to fade.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1467 on: October 20, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

I bought the advance pack 2 because i didn't buy the first one and ended up getting every hero anyways at a much higher total cost even including all the heroes i got from splinters and giveaways.  It is great value if you like the game.  Playing a couple times a week it should be around a month or so to unlock a hero, which is slow but not surprising if you play that little.  A splinter drops at a very even 8 mins or so of play time, heroes cost 200/400/600 splinters for specific heroes or 175 for a completely random hero (which could be a repeat), so do the math based on your own play time.  If you enjoy the hero you are playing getting new heroes at a slow rate is not necessarily a drawback, but the huge roster is basically one of the biggest draws of this game.

Same here, have been kicking myself for not getting the first one.  Surprisingly I find the hero-specific storage space is actually very nice.  Lots of stuff fits in the storage besides just hero-specific items (any hero uniques being a big one, especially since they added Midtown Madness Mondays).
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1468 on: October 20, 2014, 10:05:56 PM

My largest purchases seem to be buying my heroes pants. Otherwise I'll maybe pick up 5 bucks worth of points when those are on sale, for more storage places. I seem to rotate through the same handful of heroes, so I am content to play the random hero box game.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1469 on: October 21, 2014, 09:46:03 AM

The max range camera tweak from the patch is also really nice. I'd just been thinking that I wished I could move the camera. This patch is just full of nice little game play tweaks. The auto looting of cash has dramatically upped my credit flow. I don't feel so bad about rerolling some of the more annoying - IE story - LQs.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: