Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:51:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892160 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1400 on: October 03, 2014, 08:04:47 AM

At level 15 you should be finished the story.  why so serious?

This is a funny comment, but actually figuring out where to go is part of the WHARGARRBLL that is this game.  I think I'll just run around smashing things and yelling SWEET CHRISTMAS.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1401 on: October 03, 2014, 08:52:38 AM

If you are truly lost and just want some fun pop over to midtown, but the fastest leveling is through legendary quests.  They start at level 20 and give odin marks which you will need.

I am the .00000001428%
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1402 on: October 03, 2014, 09:27:36 AM

I've managed to stumble on story fights easily enough.  Follow yellow dots to SWEET CHRISTMAS.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1403 on: October 03, 2014, 10:30:39 AM

At level 15 you should be finished the story.  why so serious?

This is a funny comment, but actually figuring out where to go is part of the WHARGARRBLL that is this game.  I think I'll just run around smashing things and yelling SWEET CHRISTMAS.

Yeah, totally. I wasn't done with the story until level 25 because of this and my obsessive need to kill EVERYTHING I come across the first time out in a game.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1404 on: October 03, 2014, 08:14:22 PM

The new Lizard artifact from the bronx zoo is like, really fucking good.

That blows away any of the other 'oops I died' artifacts by miles and miles.

-edit- Also how many goats do I need to sacrifice to get one of those Midtown rings?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:15:58 PM by Fordel »

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1405 on: October 04, 2014, 09:26:39 AM

Promo code for a Midtown Madness Gift Box:  PRIME

I've gotten sucked into this game pretty bad of late, got Loki to 60 and am now working on Rogue while thinking about who to level next. 
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1406 on: October 04, 2014, 10:09:02 AM

I'm trying to think who was the funniest hero to level. Storm wasn't horrid or Cyclops in MM.  I just leveled cable and he wasn't fun. Moonknight didn't click either. Hawkeye is just squishy but fun. Black panther was better than psylocke. Actually BP might be the best one I have leveled.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1407 on: October 04, 2014, 11:01:09 AM

I'd think the funniest hero to level would be Deadpool or Squirrel Girl.  Now the funnest for me has so far been Nightcrawler, with SG a close second.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1408 on: October 04, 2014, 12:25:34 PM

I snagged the Nightcrawler teleport attack on Rogue and that's been pretty fun to use, so I may give him a shot then. 

I keep hearing I should level Cyclops sooner rather than later due to his XP synergy bonus, have they said when his reworking will be done? 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1409 on: October 04, 2014, 01:33:21 PM

Should've just done it in a couple hours on thursday, but i believe he is the next one up for review so it shouldn't be long.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1410 on: October 04, 2014, 01:50:33 PM

Mr Fantastic is kind of a slog to 30, but he sure turns around then. Once you get most of his CD abilities, he's a ton of fun.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1411 on: October 04, 2014, 03:14:36 PM

Iron Man and Wolvie are tons of fun.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1412 on: October 05, 2014, 12:33:32 AM

The best heroes in my experience are;

Ms. Marvel
Iron Man
Rogue
Squirrel Girl

For all pretty much the same reasons. Superior resource pools and effective build diversity. You can melee, you can range, you can be tanky you can be glassy, you can do any combination of things in between and still clear all the content without pause.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1413 on: October 05, 2014, 06:32:46 AM

My A List (fun to play and character 'feels right'):
Silver Surfer
Dr Strange
Nightcrawler
Storm
Ms Marvel
Rogue
Wolverine (not till later though)
Emma Frost
Torch
Iron Man (he's finally left the Wish list!)

My Wish list (character 'feels right', but abilities need work):
Hulk
Thor
Captain America

My "Ugh" List:
Cyclops
Cable
Daredevil
Hawkeye

Edit: forgot Nightcrawler
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:39:34 AM by Typhon »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1414 on: October 05, 2014, 08:38:29 AM

Daredevil is pretty solid, his voice work is just boring though.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1415 on: October 05, 2014, 08:50:23 AM

I'm only going to rate characters I have up to 60. It doesn't seem fair rating them before then or at least when you get their ultimate.

My fun list:
Dr. Strange
Silver Surfer
Gambit

Powerful but Just don't catch me:
Spidey
Squirrel Girl

I'm Never doing that again:
Cyclops

Of the heroes I have left, I won't touch Punisher, Hawkeye, Thor, Black Widow or Thing until Omega events.  Their gameplay just doesn't gel for me.  My play order of preference is something like:  Emma Frost, Iron Man, Colossus, Moon Knight, Storm, Daredevil, Captain America, Nightcrawler, Deadpool, Psyloche, Rogue, Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, StarLord, Mr. Fantastic, Black Panther, Human Torch.   

That's not an indictment of the play of any of them, it's an amalgam of that, my personal gameplay taste and enjoyment of the character as a character.  Rogue, for example, could be a hell of a lot of fun, but she's low because I don't want to go around collecting damn powers. Starlord plays well but has too many buttons to swap out with his ammo. (Strange is powerful enough you only need to do that if you're going Max DPS.. since I don't raid I don't need that.)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1416 on: October 05, 2014, 09:22:13 AM

Yeah, I've only got two characters leveled at this point, Rogue and Loki, and I think Rogue's become my benchmark character.  She's fun and tears through stuff like a beast.  I decided to give Nightcrawler a shot since he'd been recommended and he was one of my favorite characters growing up, and while he's fun to play, I struggle a bit against some of the big groups of elites I'm coming up against for the MM event.  I probably just need to explore my options a bit better. 

Either way, he's fun.  My freebie character had been Captain America, and he just didn't grab me at all the way the others I've played so far have. 
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1417 on: October 05, 2014, 10:35:38 AM

I don't know how you guys can think so highly of NC. I like his visuals but his high spirit costs, low dmg (even with +15 str from pet/omegas), being squishy, and boring voice work just make him one of the worst chars imo and in need of quite a bit of help. He was down on my list with Thor, which is just above Cyke, Hulk, and GR

I will say that the most surprising heroes have been Squirrel Girl, Taskmaster and Luke Cage. I didn't expect to like them and now I have all of them as raid chars with Luke as my holosim farmer and SG as my "main."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1418 on: October 05, 2014, 11:31:13 AM

My Nightcrawler isn't squishy, but he is bamfing all over the place.  I use the pull, area DoT, and multi-hit melee.  My big hitter is the teleport-kick.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1419 on: October 05, 2014, 11:45:50 AM

Nightcrawler is squishy even with his high dodge. Stealth, though, is extremely powerful in the game since it instantly drops aggro, so between that and his incredible mobility you shouldn't have too much trouble staying alive as long as you keep hiding and moving.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1420 on: October 05, 2014, 01:29:58 PM

You have to play Nightcrawler differently than the straight-forward heavy hitters (e.g. Emma, SS, Jean).  Heal-while-stealthing is a big part of his abilities rotation (along with the AoE dot that Lant mentioned).  Fantastically mobile and hit-and-hide (similar to hit and run).  He is less powerful in MM.  I like it about that game that there are some characters with significant playstle differences.  That NC is less powerful in MM doesn't meant that he's useless in MM.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1421 on: October 05, 2014, 05:05:21 PM

Yeah, all of this sounds about how I'm playing him (except teleport-kick which I'm guessing lant is talking about Dive Bomb). X-slash, Flash n' Grab, Infernal Brimstone, and Death Blow being the main attacks I'm using. I can stay alive, though it takes more effort for a lot less pay off compared to the majority of the other heroes. And yes, invis is an okay defensive cooldown but I would not even come close to calling it extremely powerful. It is fitting for him though.

I think it all comes down to risk and effort vs reward, and there is way too much risk/effort for such a slow kill time.

As for MM, I could not care less about him being useless/useful in MM. I'm looking for cosmic terminals, xdef, and raids. He falls short in all of those.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1422 on: October 06, 2014, 06:29:13 AM

Yes, Dive Bomb.  I don't take any of the sword attacks since they keep him still.  One of the early melee powers ports you between five targets, so it keeps you mobile, and it does a good amount of damage.  If I need to regen spirit I run around or port across the screen.

His basic teleport is my staple move power because it ignores all obstacles and its range is the screen.  If a character can stand on the spot, you can bamf there.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1423 on: October 06, 2014, 06:43:22 AM

Mr Fantastic is kind of a slog to 30, but he sure turns around then. Once you get most of his CD abilities, he's a ton of fun.

I would concur he is kinda slow until you get to 30 but once you get most of his cool down powers and his signatures he is a total giggle. Being the bouncing ball of DEATH is more satisfying than it should be.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1424 on: October 06, 2014, 06:58:14 AM

Being the bouncing ball of DEATH is more satisfying than it should be.

Seriously.

Question time, bosses in Midtown. Sometimes, if I'm the first one to get there, I can solo them fairly quickly if I am playing a strong AoE hero, like the aforementioned bouncing ball of death. Othertimes, I'll get there a bit late and it'll be the standard slow beat down. What gives? Do they get more HP dynamically as people show up or something?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1425 on: October 06, 2014, 08:29:22 AM

Yes they scale up to the amount of people there.  Most of whom probably ain't keeping up their share of the damage.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1426 on: October 06, 2014, 10:21:03 AM

Another question, I recall reading a suggestion somewhere on the forum that there was some way to strip an immunity bubble from someone like the Juggernaut. Is that possible?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1427 on: October 06, 2014, 10:26:13 AM

Nope, you strip madam hydras immunity bubble by killing her bodyguards, it is part of her fight mechanics.  Juggernauts just goes away by itself.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1428 on: October 06, 2014, 10:51:31 AM

Another question, I recall reading a suggestion somewhere on the forum that there was some way to strip an immunity bubble from someone like the Juggernaut. Is that possible?

Nope when red bubble is up just avoid him and kill other bosses that are up if any just have to wait it out. The same works in reverse too there are things that give you invulnerability and if its up you are totally immune for its duration.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1429 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:36 AM

There's actually a unique item (Dragonfang) that can remove invulnerability shields, but it's only a 5% chance per hit so hardly reliable.

Over and out.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1430 on: October 06, 2014, 11:38:54 AM

I remember reading a list of items, one of which had an active ability that would remove invulnerability.  Not sure if it's in-game (yet).

Oh nevermind, it's only players:

PVP Ring - Signet of Odin: 17% chance when you use a power to remove invulnerability from all enemy players around you.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1431 on: October 08, 2014, 01:49:40 PM

How do you invite people to a party? I get invites in MM occasionally and see spam in LFG for parties, but I have no clue how. One time I tried to spam for a Doom group, it was a failure because I couldn't figure out how to invite anyone. Derp.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1432 on: October 08, 2014, 02:10:50 PM

There are a few different ways:

/invite playername

Shift click on the person's name in chat to bring up a little menu, party invite will be one of the choices.

If the person is on your friends list, right click on their name to bring up the same menu.

If you're in midtown or the person is nearby in the same hub, the social window also has a 'Nearby' tab which lists all the other players close by to you.  Right click on their name the same way you would someone on the friends list.

Edit: Oh, you can also hold down Control and click on the actual hero to bring up the little menu with the invite choice too, if the actual character is nearby (and standing still enough for you to control-click them).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:12:48 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1433 on: October 09, 2014, 10:20:37 AM

Just like to say that the Download experience of this game is a travesty. I decided to give this a whirl last night, and 19 hours later I still have 4 out of 45 or whatever to patches to go, and the bar is at 92%. Is it beyond companies abilities to think "Why not just have a freaking patched up client to download for new customers"? AAAARGHHH!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1434 on: October 09, 2014, 10:41:14 AM

Should've gotten it from steam.  Not that that is an excuse.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: