Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:55:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892215 times)
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1225 on: September 13, 2014, 12:06:47 PM

One of my guildmates is already 57 on cosmic rogue  ACK!

That's surely not actually possible. What the hell kind of XP bonus are they running? If you can get to cosmic 60 in a weekend, you're making a farce of the 'dedication' of prestiging to that point. Full Prestige is 30x the XP needed to hit L60 in the first place...

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1226 on: September 13, 2014, 01:12:02 PM

The double cosmic xp buff is active right now, synergies, and then there are buff parties where people have like +500rif/sif/xp with durations remaining in the months. It's very possible
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1227 on: September 13, 2014, 01:14:22 PM

Threash, who are you in Groot Force?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1228 on: September 13, 2014, 03:05:57 PM

Threash, who are you in Groot Force?

I'm Tremain in Marvel Heroes, and most games.  Cosmic prestige is 25 times the xp as regular leveling, and it is halved atm.  People have been doing 1-60 in about an hour with full boosts, that would mean 5 hours to do the first five prestiges and about 12 more to cosmic.  Crazy for sure, but not impossible.

I am the .00000001428%
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1229 on: September 13, 2014, 03:24:38 PM

So, less Prestiged and more Poopsocked, then.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1230 on: September 13, 2014, 05:24:28 PM

The servers are not good today, even a little bit. Constant DC's and mini roll backs.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1231 on: September 14, 2014, 01:01:11 AM

Yea - nothing like having 387 of the stupid trolls killed when you get kicked to login and have 237 when you get back.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1232 on: September 14, 2014, 10:54:26 AM

Rogue is shit tons of fun and this event is pretty decent but pretty much everything else about this patch is one huge fuck up.  Terminal bosses are wrecking shit, midtown is missing like half the spawns required for LQs, treasure rooms along with several story required instances are not spawning.  At least the disconnects seem to have stopped and they did bump exp 100% and sif/rif 50%.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1233 on: September 14, 2014, 11:25:01 AM

Yeah, it's totally boned.

I'm loving Storm and with my current build I hit 20 about, er, five minutes ago and I'm 36 already due to those terminal missions you can just ROMP.

So many Odin items I filled my stash.  And now I've just emptied it all.  The stash limit is horrible.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1234 on: September 14, 2014, 12:19:47 PM

I'm poor from rerollin legendary quests but Gambit is now 60. Hooray let the farming begin.

The pet Hoover is keeping my inventory very empty.  Wish I knew redolling the cybernetics slots empties them too. Explains why it's so cheap.

Ironwood buy one stash slot. It was the best investment I made, far better than just getting an additional slot

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1235 on: September 14, 2014, 12:55:38 PM

Pet Hoover?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1236 on: September 14, 2014, 01:13:38 PM

You know what pet they need now?  A Bamf.

Getting it right might be hard though, but it's needed.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1237 on: September 14, 2014, 03:47:07 PM

A Bamf (or multiple Bamfs) that goes off and picks up the premium SiF/RiF items and gleefully brings them back for you, ala the minions in Overlord.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1238 on: September 14, 2014, 04:22:29 PM

Pet Hoover?

Non combat pets have a system called Cybernetics now. You donate to the pets like to crafters, but for stat bonuses.  If you have one equipped and hit J they will suck-up all Purple, Blue and Green loot (excluding insignias, team-up gear and rings) and leave nothing but Cosmics, Cash and Crafting mats lying around, using those to count towards unlocking their bonus for that gear tier.   

If you've unlocked that bonus it's an Auto-Sell for 1% of the items value. Sucks that it's only 1% but you can still do the old Click & pickup manual sell thing if you really need money.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1239 on: September 14, 2014, 04:44:47 PM

A Bamf (or multiple Bamfs) that goes off and picks up the premium SiF/RiF items and gleefully brings them back for you, ala the minions in Overlord.
Actually that'd be perfect for the pet vacuum.  No reason they couldn't give pets their own little animation for it.  Spider-Ham could web the gear.  Old Lace could pounce on it.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1240 on: September 15, 2014, 02:57:29 AM

Pet Hoover?

Non combat pets have a system called Cybernetics now. You donate to the pets like to crafters, but for stat bonuses.  If you have one equipped and hit J they will suck-up all Purple, Blue and Green loot (excluding insignias, team-up gear and rings) and leave nothing but Cosmics, Cash and Crafting mats lying around, using those to count towards unlocking their bonus for that gear tier.   

If you've unlocked that bonus it's an Auto-Sell for 1% of the items value. Sucks that it's only 1% but you can still do the old Click & pickup manual sell thing if you really need money.

And how do I get such a thing ? Because that sounds awesome.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1241 on: September 15, 2014, 06:46:02 AM

I got mine from the birthday cake but you can now buy at least some of the minions for splinters they are I think 375 splinters.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1242 on: September 15, 2014, 06:52:15 AM

350 for old lace.  I got one as a drop once, one from the birthday celebrations, two from fortune cards and doom herbie from something that happened near release that i've lost track of since i wasn't even playing.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1243 on: September 15, 2014, 10:28:34 AM

As mentioned above, pets can very rarely drop or you can also buy them out of the store for a few hundred points.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1244 on: September 15, 2014, 11:29:33 AM

Or, after you get to 60 you can prestige a character and get an Iron Man Buddy or whatever they're called for credits. Though, those are only usable by heroes that have reached that prestige level and higher iirc. Hopefully, with cybernetics, that will be changed.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1245 on: September 15, 2014, 01:02:30 PM

I doubt it, leveling one character again to buy unlimited number of pets for anyone would make them pointless to sell.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1246 on: September 15, 2014, 02:06:40 PM

I doubt it, leveling one character again to buy unlimited number of pets for anyone would make them pointless to sell.
The solution is to make one really dumb, boring looking model for stat stick purposes and then sparkleponies for sale.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1247 on: September 15, 2014, 02:20:10 PM

That's how it is now, there is an old lace on the splinter vendor.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1248 on: September 15, 2014, 02:43:09 PM

I got a derpbot from the fortune card you can buy with the cube shards.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1249 on: September 15, 2014, 02:49:30 PM

I'm not so sure. It's a stat stick that shares a currency and a not inconsiderable cost with a much more compelling alternative, heroes. At 375, it's almost as expensive as the majority 400 splinter heroes and nearly twice as expensive as any of the 200 splinter starter heroes and leaps and bounds beyond a 175 splinter random hero.

And even the real money cost is messed up at ~$7.

The thing is this is something I am going to want multiple of, but at ~$7 I'm going to put up with the tedium for the two I have.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1250 on: September 15, 2014, 06:11:49 PM

I doubt it too, but there's already a 0% chance of many people spending money on pets when old lace is free and prestige pets aren't expensive. I'm one of those that won't spend cash on a pet. I believe that if they did change the way it works (so anyone that has a prestiged char can use the prestige pets) that the whales would still be whales, the f2p will still be f2p, and it's just a matter of will the f2p be spending shards or re-leveling someone to get that free pet.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1251 on: September 15, 2014, 07:41:26 PM

That would go against their stated goal of prestige not having any in game benefit at all besides the colored name though.

I am the .00000001428%
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1252 on: September 15, 2014, 09:34:32 PM

It would be more in line with that goal if anything. It doesn't change the actual benefit of prestiging, only makes the current benefit less grindy to take advantage of on more than one char.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1253 on: September 15, 2014, 10:51:31 PM

I've played Rogue as:

-Her default 'Ms Marvel' power set
-A carbon copy of Ms Marvel
-A ranged AE stacker

Her default powers are all fairly solid, most of them direct transfers from Ms. Marvel's brawling tree and the rest being very near copies. You could absolutely play her with nothing but those powers and a few passives to buff her regen and junk. For all her hybrid possibilities, she actually has a very solid and basic all physical all melee build. The big weakness would be her AE trash clearing, with only the ground pound and the flying air punches. Passive wise I went Kurse, Sabertooth, Tombstone, but Deadpool could replace any of those. If Lizard goes unchanged it WILL replace one of those. Colossus isn't a passive but a toggle, he can provide a lot of projectile deflection and a little more mitigation. The main appeal with this build to me, is honestly purely cosmetic. All of her default powers have the same look to them and feel like they belong together, and I really like that cohesion. (also I need the flying brawler animations on my Ms. M, Carol just casually jogging on the ground and boxing now looks VERY silly in comparison)

Then I wanted to see how close I could get Rogue to my actual Ms. Marvel in game... and it can get pretty damn close. You can steal photonic wave from Ms. Marvel herself, you already have hay-maker on Rogue, you can steal the implosion from Magneto, you have a ground pound but can steal like half a dozen variations of it. Rogue comes with a default charge that is a near mirror of war-bird charge, but I found stealing Psylocke's charge to be beneficial for spirit regen. Passives was the same set I used on boring Rogue. The real key difference between Rogue pretending to be Ms. Marvel and my actual Ms. Marvel is the feedback loop. Rogue doesn't have one. She can reach really high rates of healing and spirit regen, but it's still linear, high as it is. There will be an upper limit and you will hit it, the end. She's still stupid powerful this way though, make no mistake about it. The main thing I disliked about this build was simply the random LOOK of the powers I stole. None of them looked liked they belonged together (imagine that  why so serious? ), so while they played together perfectly fine, I grew unsatisfied by the presentation.

The third build was just me seeing how quickly I could abuse The Power Cosmic legendary, as the tiers started to unlock. I grabbed the ranged implosion from a Jean and the ranged AoE DoT from a Storm. I kept Rogue's ground pound, Psylocke's dash and Ms. M's wave. Then I took the channel beam from Maelkith or however you spell it. Kept the Tombstone, Saber and Kurse passives and the colossus toggle. Now I have easy access to all 3 damage types, a very comfortable amount of defenses and regen, an abundance of AE and a very decent boss cruncher. Storm's AE is a massive, massive slow/attack-speed debuff to enemies AND it also triggers things that are 'on next hit', such as the spirit return on Psylocke's dash. Drop storm's AE, then collect the mobs with a few of Jean's AE, then stun them and layer another DoT with wave, then use the ground pound to crash in and the dash to get back out. Do this forever as you never run out of health or spirit. On bosses you replace Jean's AE with the channel beam from not-kurse, this thing costs health instead of spirit and scales with your max HP or something. You'll have a lot of HP and a lot of regen so it will hit very hard and not have any effect on you in turn. It's all simple and powerful, I'm sure you could add in even more AE's and drop a defensive passive for more offensive ones.

The main flaw for me was again, the hero that steals random powers from random heroes looks random and lacks cohesion visually. It all looks mismatched and Hodge-podge, which is like, totally the point of this hero, I get it. I knew that going in, but it bothers me way more then I thought it would. I like my feels and themes and cohesion.

Still, the worst complaint of the hero being "I don't like the visuals" is still probably a win overall.  why so serious?

If you don't have any issue with the visuals and don't have a favorite hero of your own, you could easily just get Rogue and never need another hero again. She can mimic or duplicate just about anything in the game currently, often being better at whatever job she is trying to steal from the original. If it hasn't happened already, I fully expect someone to find something utterly broken and just destroy the game entirely.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1254 on: September 16, 2014, 06:34:39 AM

It doesn't surprise me you dislike the hodge-podge look, but then when we're both playing the same MMO I go to you for fashion advice.

So new task:  Effective build that tries to find powers which fit together visually!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1255 on: September 16, 2014, 06:49:14 AM

Well, sure, Fordel, but does she have a suit of powered armor ?

No ?

IRON MAN DOES.

Pew pew.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1256 on: September 16, 2014, 07:43:54 AM

I was in an X-Def over the weekend with a Rogue that had at least 4 pets. She was ridiculous, clearing the first few waves seemingly by herself.  Made me interested in trying to go that route with her once the XP-boost event comes back around.

So speaking of events, how is everyone farming their rock trolls? Because getting 500 last night took me almost 2 hours, leaving no time to do anything but that mission.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1257 on: September 16, 2014, 07:58:50 AM

Steam has the Rogue pack 25% off, $14.99. The niffty thing is that it comes with 500g as well as her stash.

Random question, is there a MMO Champion like site for this game? Trolling the forums is annoying. I would prefer someone else doing that for me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:00:52 AM by dd0029 »
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1258 on: September 16, 2014, 08:14:51 AM

It comes with 500g because from what I understand it doesn't include her second costume.

Over and out.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1259 on: September 16, 2014, 08:16:36 AM

Hero Stashes would appear to be the most fucking pointless thing ever.

I could be wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: