Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:44:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 894524 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1190 on: September 10, 2014, 07:51:58 AM

Not iron man, no.  And you might want to try their official forums, although some builds posted there are highly questionable sometimes.  I'd suggest something but i don't play Grimm or Munroe.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1191 on: September 10, 2014, 09:00:01 AM

Make sure you pick up eternity splinters, thats the currency to buy new heroes.  Finishing the story once gets you enough splinters to buy your next hero if its one of the 200 splinter heroes, or a random hero box.

Yup first run through I do recommend doing the full story mode at least once. Its pretty neat it does not take that long as you reach its end by around level 30 and doing it the first time gives an initial boost of splinters that is enough to get you a second champ.

You don't need to complete story mode as the 100 splinters is now granted at the start of the story, not the end. I verified this when my wife started an account this past weekend.

It seems too many people were skipping the cutscene, which defaults you to Johnny Storm instead of letting you pick a hero.  Which is a bad thing they should change.  You're then forced to pony up or suffer through the story with Johnny. So that's "fun."

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1192 on: September 10, 2014, 09:06:34 AM

Well, that fucking sucks, since my account was created during the bad times and I can assure you that I've never seen a sniff of 100 splinters.

Baws.

(Also, to follow up, there's a lot of builds on the build calculator with people explaining the choices.  It's really helpful.  Also, yes, I fucked up.)

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1193 on: September 10, 2014, 09:11:51 AM

Make sure you pick up eternity splinters, thats the currency to buy new heroes.  Finishing the story once gets you enough splinters to buy your next hero if its one of the 200 splinter heroes, or a random hero box.

Yup first run through I do recommend doing the full story mode at least once. Its pretty neat it does not take that long as you reach its end by around level 30 and doing it the first time gives an initial boost of splinters that is enough to get you a second champ.

You don't need to complete story mode as the 100 splinters is now granted at the start of the story, not the end. I verified this when my wife started an account this past weekend.

It seems too many people were skipping the cutscene, which defaults you to Johnny Storm instead of letting you pick a hero.  Which is a bad thing they should change.  You're then forced to pony up or suffer through the story with Johnny. So that's "fun."

You get 100 more splinters after killing Doom i believe, somewhere near the end at least.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1194 on: September 10, 2014, 09:17:38 AM

Spoilers dude.   why so serious?

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1195 on: September 10, 2014, 09:35:47 AM

The hero's forums are fairly good. Just look for what's generally the longest thread on the first page. Most heroes only have one or two "good" build threads.

Thing is this one: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/110989/mh-2015-r-u-havin-a-giggle-m8-thing-raiding-cosmic-endgame-build/p1

Storm has a couple. I believe this is the current build though: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/107219/pingpongs-storm-full-build/p1

The question is which aura do you want to use. And the main question there is which added ability do you want on the CC break, Storm Surge. I like the freeze ability because it's irresistible and can stop a Juggernaut or Rhino charge if you don't want to move.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: September 10, 2014, 10:55:08 AM

Ah that is a change then since I started doing it. Although of all the starting heroes johnny storm is not a bad one to get stuck with but yes accidentially locking into it without picking would be annoying.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1197 on: September 10, 2014, 01:19:23 PM

(Also, to follow up, there's a lot of builds on the build calculator with people explaining the choices.  It's really helpful.  Also, yes, I fucked up.)

I've seen quite a few builds on the calc site that were outdated, so watch for those. Also, the main forum builds tend to explain gear and omega as well, and do a better job. Primarily because the build calc doesn't update characters or items the well or quickly. Also, there tends to be a lot more discussion and critique on the main forums which I find more valuable than some of the guides.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1198 on: September 10, 2014, 03:42:50 PM

Yeah, I'm researching a lot more.  Still wish there was more explanation as to the items and currencies and whatnot.

I got Groot.  I'm not sure why.  But he says I Am Groot, so all is well.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1199 on: September 10, 2014, 03:53:30 PM

Old Zod > new Zod.  Also Zod is the rarest rune in this game, to make this post slightly on topic.

Over and out.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: September 11, 2014, 11:15:36 AM

Deadpool is surprisingly enjoyable. His VO gets a bit tiresome because there's not all that much variation and most of them are long and his best ones are the ones when he sees heroes.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1201 on: September 11, 2014, 04:22:24 PM

His scarlet witch line always makes me laugh.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1202 on: September 11, 2014, 07:05:01 PM

Having to switch your farming hero because you filled their stash with uniques #justgambitthings.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: September 12, 2014, 06:36:34 AM

I thought the stash was shared ?

Also, how do I upgrade the stash ?

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: September 12, 2014, 06:54:04 AM

I thought the stash was shared ?

Also, how do I upgrade the stash ?

There are character specific stash tabs. For a good run down see here: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/59843/tips-n-tricks-for-efficient-stash-management

And to your second question, cash money. Apparently there was a free tab during the anniversary. So maybe another sometime in the nebulous future.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:56:14 AM by dd0029 »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1205 on: September 12, 2014, 06:54:49 AM

You can buy hero specific stashes that are cheaper than the general ones.  You upgrade from the stash itself, just click on one of the ones you don't own.  Hero specific stashes can take unbound any hero uniques, any insignia that hero can use, and rings, so if you are wasting regular stash space on any of that buying at least one hero stash is cheaper than getting another general stash.  A crafting material stash can take runes, which take almost a full stash themselves and costume cores, so that is another cheaper option for something everyone has tons of.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1206 on: September 12, 2014, 06:57:32 AM

Apparently today's patch is 5.5gb?  ACK!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1207 on: September 12, 2014, 07:20:55 AM

Rogue is a very hefty girl with a lot of backend work, maybe?  That can't be all bugfixes and Jean Grey

What's the event this week, A.R.M.O.R. isn't it?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: September 12, 2014, 07:22:11 AM

No, something new.  They did something with the audio files so future patches take less, but it makes this one way bigger.  There is also the pet tech stuff in this one.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1209 on: September 12, 2014, 07:26:06 AM

Yeah, looked the event up since I was following the stash tab link.  Event is Odin's Bounty.  Here's the schedule, in multiple time zones.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/131532/odins-bounty-schedule-s#latest

Details on Event:
In order to give player’s choice over when and where they want their lootsplosions and avoid slowdowns, buffed game modes will drop new Chests of Odin’s Bounty!

These chests contain numerous pieces of gear, XP, a chance at Odin Marks and even a very small chance at the Mysterious Crimson Box containing boss-specific artifacts.

These Chests of Odin’s Bounty have a short 5 cooldown to prevent players from using too many boxes and causing performance issues.

An additional very rare "jackpot" loot bonus can trigger during the Odin's Bounty event. This loot bonus is know as "Odin's Gift" and can contain a large pile of loot. As a bonus, the Odin's Bounty boost will provide an additional chance of receiving this Odin's Gift in addition to the Odin Mark benefits.

In addition, a daily mission has been added for the event: Deliver Odin’s Wrath!

Serve as Odin’s champion and deliver Odin’s own wrath to the enemies of Asgard for a special reward! Head to Lady Sif in Avengers Tower (located near the waypoint) to receive this mission. This mission can be completed once per day during the course of the event and will return for each subsequent Odin’s Bounty.

Patch Notes in the Entirety here: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1687963#Comment_1687963

Cybernetics system and new Currency tab are nice additions. I'm glad I don't obsessively follow things anymore and can get surprises in patch notes.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:32:40 AM by Merusk »

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1210 on: September 12, 2014, 07:48:42 AM

Additionally, a bug was fixed in which the “micro-beams” were sometimes able to hit the main target. These beams are intended to “swat the flies” away rather than dealing additional damage to a boss or other lone target

That's a huge hit, Surfer is probably done as top dog now.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1211 on: September 12, 2014, 07:54:43 AM

Also it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes but should be in this patch: Way points are account wide and Gambit uniques got some hefty buffs.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1212 on: September 12, 2014, 08:29:10 AM

Is Punisher another like Hawkeye? Where you level to get the synergy bonuses and then hope to forget that experience?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1213 on: September 12, 2014, 08:32:34 AM

Yes.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1214 on: September 12, 2014, 10:47:28 AM

The crying about Surfer on the forums is amazing.  I guess I should have been abusing EMF, but I'll be honest I never hit the skill. 

My build uses the wake effect, movement power, the Rift Dot and his two BPAOEs and Signature gravity well. It's proven more than effective enough for me.   why so serious?

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: September 12, 2014, 10:59:17 AM

Rogue is a very hefty girl with a lot of backend work, maybe?  That can't be all bugfixes and Jean Grey

What's the event this week, A.R.M.O.R. isn't it?

Its odins bounty starting today for this week.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1216 on: September 12, 2014, 01:43:53 PM

The crying about Surfer on the forums is amazing.  I guess I should have been abusing EMF, but I'll be honest I never hit the skill. 

My build uses the wake effect, movement power, the Rift Dot and his two BPAOEs and Signature gravity well. It's proven more than effective enough for me.   why so serious?

Yeah, if you weren't raiding or speed running cosmics you won't notice the nerf. He's still fine for MM, greens, and reds but his reign as king is gone and he'll be really lucky to be in the top 10-12 at this point for raids/single target.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1217 on: September 12, 2014, 05:53:40 PM

Do what I did and run Punisher as a flamethrower build. Pyromania makes everything more fun and gives you a chance to use one of those stupid bacon peppers if you have one. Punisher "sucks" but while leveling I was able to solo holo-sim to wave 27 or somesuch.

I raided with Punisher for the first time last night. Of course his uniques all give a billion points to the gun tree I don't use so it wasn't very fruitful.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1218 on: September 12, 2014, 06:33:36 PM

So Gambits uniques are crazy good now and you should use them all the time. Specially the blindfold.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1219 on: September 12, 2014, 07:05:49 PM

Awesome.

Now if only I could login.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: September 13, 2014, 01:31:44 AM

Loot vacuum, great thing or greatest thing?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1221 on: September 13, 2014, 05:42:44 AM

There's a lot of bugs here.  A lot.  My char is cockblocked on the story because something's broken.

Arg.  Combine this with the PGI MechWarrior fuckup and it's been a bad fucking patch time for me...

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: September 13, 2014, 06:55:18 AM

Yeah, game is barely playable atm.  Rogue is incredibly fun though, they were right that nobody has done something like this before.

I am the .00000001428%
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: September 13, 2014, 07:09:11 AM

Is Punisher another like Hawkeye? Where you level to get the synergy bonuses and then hope to forget that experience?

I own Punisher but haven't played him, yet.

That said, I come here to defend Hawkeye (or Kate Bishop, if you're classy like me).

Hawkeye was my first hero, and fell pretty quickly into the traditonal ranged/bow ARPG archetype. Easy beginner character but with a lack of real hooky gameplay to keep you interested in those formative levels. I got Nightcrawler from a Random Box and then I bought Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye got kind of left behind, languishing around L30, post Loki.

I decided I'd give him another go a few weeks ago and found that a quick retcon and a reshuffle of his powers and I was starting to do a lot better than I remembered. I picked up the Kate Bishop ENHANCED costume last BOGO and not only did the awesome costume and new VO revitalize the Hawkeye experience, I felt more compelled to play, probably due to the nature of Kate within the comics. Then, around L50, something started to click - I futzed with Omega points, I finally got a worthwhile armor core and I spent a bunch of credits on trying to get sexy max affixes. Some decent Unique drops and a healthy choice of Artifacts later (Xerogen Crystal, Advanced Crimson Crystal of Cytorrak, Advanced Metasensory Array, Ziggurat) and jesus fuck holy shit Kate became a goddamn animal. L58, not geared (still missing two uniques besides not being 60 yet), no Legendary or Blessings and waiting to use a L60 Comsic Doc Ock Medallion, and she might be the most heavy damaging character I currently have. Even without the gear, both her signature and her Ultimate are crazy powerful AE "I wins".

I would happily classify Hawkeye as a 'late bloomer'. Easy to begin, boring to level, then a revelation in late-game. Starting to think of Hawkeye as a well-kept secret.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1224 on: September 13, 2014, 11:12:22 AM

One of my guildmates is already 57 on cosmic rogue  ACK!

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: