Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892222 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #945 on: August 08, 2014, 10:11:09 AM

Patch is screwed up and downloading 13gb instead of 500mb.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #946 on: August 08, 2014, 01:49:51 PM

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1551832/#Comment_1551832

Hey all,

This issue is resolved. If you start downloading the patch now, it will be the normal size. If you have already started the 12GB download, you will unfortunately have to finish that download. There will not be another after it.

If it's any consolation, I started my download late enough in the day to only have a 500 meg patch.  why so serious?

New Code: COSMICBUFF

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #947 on: August 08, 2014, 10:36:47 PM

New Legendary:
Yea another fucking currency Ohhhhh, I see.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #948 on: August 09, 2014, 12:52:50 AM

They're at least making a wallet for it all soon.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #949 on: August 09, 2014, 02:07:09 AM

They're at least making a wallet for it all soon.
And it will only cost 500g.   why so serious?
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #950 on: August 09, 2014, 06:10:31 AM

And it will only cost 500g.   why so serious?

That'd actually kind of pis me off if they go that way. I've been mostly happy with the monetization scheme to this point.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #951 on: August 09, 2014, 10:01:47 AM

They've been all we know we know we'll stop introducing those for real after each of the last, like, six currencies. Somebody needs a smack right about now.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #952 on: August 09, 2014, 10:38:08 AM

I imagine this stuff was already in the pipeline when they started to realize there were too many currencies.  Given they have some kind of new content every single week, they must have a whole bunch of stuff being worked on at any given time.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #953 on: August 09, 2014, 11:25:33 AM

They've been all we know we know we'll stop introducing those for real after each of the last, like, six currencies. Somebody needs a smack right about now.

They never said they were going to stop introducing new currency, they said they were not going to have events like the hotdog stuff and the world cup flag stuff with tons off different things to collect.  Every single event since then has had a single item to collect, this event is going to be repeated once a month even.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #954 on: August 10, 2014, 01:03:40 AM

New Iron Man basically remedies what few issues I had with him before. It brings proper spirit regen at level 1 now instead of 30ish, streamlines the shield/spirit pool mechanics and a little more then doubles his passive health regen. Buffs on all his powers all around, DFA is comparable to Ms. Marvel's Crashdown strike finally.

The only sad bit is I can't seem to find that melee damage reflect proc that used to be on his spirit/health regen passive that was removed and spread out amongst other things. It actually used to hit pretty dang hard. Oh well  why so serious?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #955 on: August 11, 2014, 09:15:40 AM

Apparently the doop artifact (or "we forgot cable existed" as it should be called) and the doop runewords have only one seed for all their stats.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #956 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:55 AM

I have to say after playing rocket summoner build this weekend he is in a lot better place now. The lowered CD on his turrets allows you to replace your turret farm or reposition turrets quickly and easily and with his battery passive it costs next to nothing to deploy the turret farm when you move. Both doing mosh pits like midtown or cosmic terminals went nice and easily. His signatures animations were cleaned up so its MUCH MUCH more smooth to fire off your sig shots.

Really my only major gripe left is he is to point heavy. They need to condense down his two defensive passive into a single passive. Right now he has 1 offensive passive 2 defensive passives and then your choice of an gunner or summoner passive. All builds are going to wind up maxing their offensive passive and the gunner or summoner one. So you pretty much need to pick your poison on which of the defensive ones you want to stick some points into with many just leaving both as one point wonders which is kind of a waste.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #957 on: August 11, 2014, 10:55:30 AM

I can't decide if Cap actually gets pretty awesome as you level-up or if all the uniques I put on him are mitigating a shitty character.  Just hit 25 and he's pummeling things, but he's got a unique chest, weapon, belt and hat.  Can't remember the names of any of them, but the weapon is a sword and the belt is an ice giant belt.

Any input?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #958 on: August 11, 2014, 11:32:25 AM

Cap is a solid character but any guy with a buncha uniques at low level is going to wreck everything.

I am the .00000001428%
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #959 on: August 11, 2014, 12:26:29 PM

Dragonfang (if it's Dragonfang) and Girdle of Frost Giant Strength are some of the best any-hero uniques, too. At least, Girdle is at low levels when the proc doesn't die in two seconds.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #960 on: August 11, 2014, 01:25:35 PM

I can't decide if Cap actually gets pretty awesome as you level-up or if all the uniques I put on him are mitigating a shitty character.  Just hit 25 and he's pummeling things, but he's got a unique chest, weapon, belt and hat.  Can't remember the names of any of them, but the weapon is a sword and the belt is an ice giant belt.

Any input?

One thing to note is most heroes that have had their level 52 reworks don't really come into their own till around 30. Until then you are very probably missing some key powers that really allow you to take off. Take mr fantastic he is okay but kinda rough leveling up but once you get high enough to get his sig and finish getting some of his other powers he turns into a bouncing ball of hilarious doom.

Very few characters I have tried play very smoothly at low levels because they simply have not unlocked all the abilities to make them really click.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #961 on: August 11, 2014, 05:45:28 PM

Yeah, it's Dragonfang. It was stupidly good when it dropped so I figured that was part of it.  Though it's falling behind in damage by a good factor now that I'm 25 and cap is still doing well.

Must be what Kaid mentioned. Cap is 25 and just got his shield passive and he's really stepped up. That 8s buff for throwing his shield really lets him hit hard. Quite nice.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #962 on: August 12, 2014, 02:53:41 AM

New Legendary:

The level 5 proc goes off individually for each damage type.

Looking at this thing again and it just makes the Norn Stones utterly obsolete... and they weren't very good to begin with!

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #963 on: August 12, 2014, 06:35:29 AM

Rogue is likely to covet that power cosmic legendary once she is released. She is the first hero that has a strong chance of having all three damage types available to her so that would be pretty amazing.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #964 on: August 12, 2014, 09:24:34 AM

Rogue is likely to covet that power cosmic legendary once she is released. She is the first hero that has a strong chance of having all three damage types available to her so that would be pretty amazing.

I just hope they don't balance her around that.

I am the .00000001428%
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #965 on: August 12, 2014, 12:14:43 PM

All they'd need to do to keep it under control is not let those buffs stack with each other on the same stat.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #966 on: August 12, 2014, 12:25:42 PM

It should not be to huge of a deal most items buff only one or two types of damage so a tri damage type build probably would not be super optimal unless you are going for an edge case build anyway so having this be really nice for a speciality build is probably fine.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #967 on: August 12, 2014, 12:48:26 PM

That thing gives the equivalent of 5,340 damage rating plus some other assorted stats to a tri-damage character. That's roughly the value of any other legendary, plus a full set of we'll be generous and say 3/4 of a set of nicely-rolled artifacts. A rich enough player can then throw on something like GoK, HoD, Adv Metasensory (with all that damage the value of crit and speed will be insane at this point), and either a defensive arti or a melee/ranged-specific one. That's pretty crazy.

Of course, it will scale like shit since all future gear upgrades will be so incremental at that point.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:56:58 PM by ezrast »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #968 on: August 12, 2014, 01:25:59 PM

Plus there is the doop artifact, which is good on single damage characters in the first place.

I am the .00000001428%
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #969 on: August 12, 2014, 04:48:23 PM

Isn't single damage inherently better anyways because you stack that single damage for max effect on everything including any passives from your skill tree.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #970 on: August 12, 2014, 06:11:16 PM

Today I tried to introduce the concept of the old Marvel tradition of the Noprize to the hub chat and was met with, "what? I don't get it.  They were providing a public service by pointing out the error, right? What am I missing?"

I suppose explaining it as a "worthless kudos for a meaningless victory in a trivial forum" didn't help.  In the days of the internet no forum is meaningless. No wonder they didn't get it. awesome, for real

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #971 on: August 12, 2014, 07:41:05 PM

Isn't single damage inherently better anyways because you stack that single damage for max effect on everything including any passives from your skill tree.

Nah, the characters are balanced around it and there are plenty of generic or hybrid equipment options for everyone.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #972 on: August 12, 2014, 08:26:51 PM

Today I tried to introduce the concept of the old Marvel tradition of the Noprize to the hub chat and was met with, "what? I don't get it.  They were providing a public service by pointing out the error, right? What am I missing?"

I suppose explaining it as a "worthless kudos for a meaningless victory in a trivial forum" didn't help.  In the days of the internet no forum is meaningless. No wonder they didn't get it. awesome, for real

I have zero fucking idea what you are talking about as well.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #973 on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:45 PM

People don't know what the no-prize is?  Great, now I feel old and nerdy.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #974 on: August 13, 2014, 06:20:17 AM

Good lord, me too.  So they must have stopped before the early/ mid 90s then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-Prize

Fake ed:  Went to link this for the youngun and the wiki entry says Marvel still gives them out, but as rewards for charitable works.  They, in fact, were stopped in 1989. Which explains why I didn't know why they stopped.

I also didn't know they were originally more good-natured than the cynical  "...ok caught us. It doesn't matter." I remember from the 80s Gi-Joe and Transformers comics.  I also didn't know they evolved from being awarded for pointing out continuity errors to actually fixing said errors. Seems silly that way, it was better served as a somewhat sly, "get a life, it's the comics."   why so serious?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #975 on: August 13, 2014, 12:19:36 PM

I'm 40 and didn't know what it was either.

It's not that you're dealing with young people, it's that you're dealing with non-comic readers.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #976 on: August 13, 2014, 12:29:16 PM

Doop space nine is freaking insane. 

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #977 on: August 13, 2014, 02:14:55 PM

People don't know what the no-prize is?  Great, now I feel old and nerdy.

Looks like a Duck and all that.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #978 on: August 13, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

Well that answers the perennial "what to use for Squirrel Girls fourth arti" question.  Also there's a pet damage relic coming.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #979 on: August 13, 2014, 03:38:03 PM

Holy...

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: