Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892248 times)
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #910 on: August 06, 2014, 01:31:50 PM

Oh for purple team up gear the shared quest reward boxes seem to drop these. It is about the only place I get them other than log in rewards that happen from time to time.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #911 on: August 06, 2014, 01:34:09 PM

New Event - Cosmic Chaos!

We’re happy to announce a new event launching this week: Cosmic Chaos!

This event will last the full week, until next week’s patch. This event is also recurring and will come back every month, allowing for short-term and long-term goals for the event. We plan to have more regularly recurring events like this, to provide something to consistently look forward to.

With that in mind, check out the features of Cosmic Chaos!

Cosmic Bosses Drop Double Loot - All cosmic Terminal bosses, every time.

Cosmic Questions Answered - What is the answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? The answer is a 42% server-side multiplicative boost to Rare Item Find, Special Item Find and Experience for all your heroes.

Cosmic Prestige Doubled - Doubled leveling rate for Cosmic Prestige during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Doop Double Spawns - Midtown is more dangerous, with twin Cosmic Doops visiting occasionally.

Cosmic Doop X-Defense - Cosmic Doops can and will appear in Doop waves of X-Defense.

Cosmic Doop Simulation - Cosmic Doops can and will appear in Holo-Sim rounds 5 and higher.

The Power Cosmic - A new Legendary item with powerful potential.

Doop Rune - A new rune that can be found during Cosmic Chaos.

Double Cosmic Warlock Box - Adam Warlock’s 42 splinter Random Cosmic Item box will drop 2 cosmics during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Doop Medallion - A new medallion for heroes that like to get up close and personal.

Cosmic Doop Insignia - A new Insignia featuring a Rare Item Find aura for you and your allies.

Cosmic Doop Training Sector - Move over cow level, portals to this special cosmic subsection of space for training Cosmic Doops are available during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Chaos Supplier: Moondragon - An honorary member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and daughter of Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon is no stranger to cosmic chaos. During this week’s Cosmic Chaos event, and returning each month, Moondragon will exchange Cosmic Worldstones for a variety of items:

The Power Cosmic Legendary Item

New Runeword Crafting Recipe: The Power Doop

New Runeword Crafting Recipe: Doop Inspiration

Portals for the Cosmic Doop Training Sector

Moondragon’s Cosmic Coffer

Doop Ectoplasm Artifact

Doop Insignia

... and Cosmic Doop Companion Pet!

(a few more things are also in development)

Cosmic Shop Items

The store team is getting into Cosmic Chaos as well, with a few fun items:

Cosmic Mystery Box! - A “cosmically enhanced” cross between a BOGO box, mystery box and almost too crazy deal from the fine people on the store team.

Cosmic Penta Boosts - Returning for the Cosmic Chaos event.

Cosmic Hero Sale - A selection of Cosmic Heroes are on sale during Cosmic Chaos:

Silver Surfer

Rocket Raccoon

Mr. Fantastic

Invisible Woman

Thing

Human Torch

Ms. Marvel

Cosmic Mega Bundle - All the cosmic heroes with their stash tab and costume at a cosmically crazy deal.

In progress - several things may also be added.

Oh man this looks awesome.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #912 on: August 06, 2014, 01:36:18 PM

Why aren't you happy with it?  From a cursory look the trees seem better.

Overall he is better. Damage still needs tuning though he is still a bit underpowered after the rework. He also is CRAZY point heavy he has 4 passives now and his defensive passive is split between two passives. Most of the level 52 reworks have lowered the amount of passives to prevent this but rockets made that problem worse.

I think it with some minor tweaking and maybe condensing his two defensive passives into one he would be in a pretty good spot.

This is on test now:

Rocket Raccoon

Rocket had a lot of cool stuff added last week for his level 52 design review.

As usual after a week of big changes, we have some solid post-reivew quality of life changes, tuning upgrades and minor bug fixes in this patch.

Highlights include, but are not limited to, the following:

Rocket can now summon his Groot and a Team-Up Groot simultaneously. Two Groots, no waiting.

Per the above, the damage bonus from a Groot being “away” was removed - it was not going to work in a fun and intuitive manner, so having both Groot and Team-Up Groot in play is just a cleaner option.

Rocket Raccoon’s signature, the H7 Fleetslayer, can now deploy nukes much more rapidly.

Rocket’s turret cooldowns have been reduced to almost zero (previously they were 5 seconds).

Blaster Turret's turret rotation speed increased greatly, allowing it to seek out targets faster.

Rocket’s offensive turrets have received a tuning tag adjustments to match the powers more accurately. This will result in a significant increase to the DPS of Blaster Turret (roughly 35%), and a slight reduction (less than 3%) in Suppression Turret.

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #913 on: August 06, 2014, 02:05:56 PM

Why aren't you happy with it?  From a cursory look the trees seem better.

Overall he is better. Damage still needs tuning though he is still a bit underpowered after the rework. He also is CRAZY point heavy he has 4 passives now and his defensive passive is split between two passives. Most of the level 52 reworks have lowered the amount of passives to prevent this but rockets made that problem worse.

I think it with some minor tweaking and maybe condensing his two defensive passives into one he would be in a pretty good spot.

Are you counting both the gun and summon passives?  Because those two are mutually exclusive.

Also, what Threash quoted.  Blaster Turrets especially look like they're getting some nice buffs.

And in non-Rocket news, Iron Man is getting his 52 review this week.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:08:38 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #914 on: August 06, 2014, 02:23:25 PM

And in non-Rocket news, Iron Man is getting his 52 review this week.

Which also looks freaking awesome and makes melee iron man viable and extremely fun.

I am the .00000001428%
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #915 on: August 06, 2014, 07:16:55 PM

These guys are insane with their deals and how well they treat their players. They should be held up as an example for all companies considering free to play as a model. I hope they are making lots of money so that their way of doing things becomes the norm instead of the rare case.

An example of treating their players well:
I purchased a Groot team up to use with my Rocket thinking I would be able to use two Groots. When I discovered that wouldn't work, I filed a support ticket pointing out the bug. A few hours later I got an email back from CS saying that indeed rocket can only have one Groot out whether it is the team  up or the pet. The CS email apologized for not having this be more clear on the store page and offered me a refund or trade for an equal value team up, if I was interested, to make up for the confusion.

Show me another gaming company with customer service that good.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:21:00 PM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #916 on: August 06, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

By the way, they're changing it so you can use two Groots as Rocket.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #917 on: August 06, 2014, 10:27:54 PM

Got Psylocke to 52ish, she is far from the worst hero I've played in this game. She has a bunch of skills that are trying to be finesse skills, but they just turn out to be underwhelming and finicky instead. I could stealth around with illusions and assassinate style skills... or I could just use the AE mob collector in combination with her varied and powerful AE options. Either or.  why so serious? She doesn't seem to really start to motor till you get the passive that increases the rate you generate her psychic meter, once you get ranks into that you seem to really cruise along. Gather mobs, nuke mobs, collect treasure, repeat. Her ninja/sword animations are pretty top, while some of her psychic attacks are kinda goofy looking. Pretty good mobility, decent enough utilities, can survive well enough and has ok sustain once you slap River of souls onto her. Signature and Ult are both useful and cute, weee butterflies!

Also slowly been leveling good old Thing every so often, he's up too 48ish. If you can managed to get enough spirit regen and some kind of healing on him, he is an acceptable if completely straight forward and unimaginative hero. He doesn't have very many abilities and the ones he does have are all very straight forward. Punch man, Punch many men, Punch ground around men etc... Like one of his tree's is 3 passive aura's and 2 different taunts. That's it. His secondary resource might as well not exist for all the interaction you have with it. Turn it on for more mitigation, refresh it when it eventually gets low, the end. His spirit regen is abysmal, even with the runeword/taunt/artifacts/basics all going he still runs dry constantly. His health regen isn't much better, but you can at least chug med kits for that. Otherwise nice and tanky, with a lot of his abilities coming off cooldown quicker the more he gets hit. His "signature" is great, CC immunity for 10-15ish seconds on top of some other buffs AND it's one of the abilities that comes off CD faster if you get hit a lot. His Ultimate is probably one of the most powerful ones in the game, 8 second channel that does enormous amounts of damage to everything on the screen AND stun locks everything AND gives your allies a nice fat damage bonus. Overall though,Thing needs his 52 review badly.

Not as badly as Thor though, what a shit show he is. Thor is like, all the left over crappy random bits that Iron-man and Ms. Marvel didn't use for themselves. Got Thor to 30, probably won't touch him again till his review. He has a variety of duplicate powers. Here is a hammer toss, now here is a electrified hammer toss and HERE is a charge up hammer toss! Somehow every single one is shitty. He has at least four or five basic attacks and at least two or three of them are the exact same attack. His durability and regen are shitty, his spirit regen is shitty, he doesn't even HAVE a secondary resource, not even a token one like Thing. His attacks don't seem to have any synergy to them, where Psylocke can stack and AE and Thing can start a tanking feedback loop, Thor is just random shit that doesn't work together. His ultimate is utterly underwhelming and his "signature" is just a pile of garbage. Probably the biggest crime is all his hammer attacks LOOK like shit. There is no weight to any of them, when he does a hammer toss its like he's throwing a sponge. At least the thunder looks good and the voice actor is great  Heart Pretty sure it's the same dude from all the cartoons.

TLDR:

Psylocke = pretty good
Thing = sorta ok
Thor = giant pile of poop

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #918 on: August 07, 2014, 06:50:56 AM

Got Psylocke to 52ish, she is far from the worst hero I've played in this game. She has a bunch of skills that are trying to be finesse skills, but they just turn out to be underwhelming and finicky instead. I could stealth around with illusions and assassinate style skills... or I could just use the AE mob collector in combination with her varied and powerful AE options. Either or.  why so serious? She doesn't seem to really start to motor till you get the passive that increases the rate you generate her psychic meter, once you get ranks into that you seem to really cruise along. Gather mobs, nuke mobs, collect treasure, repeat. Her ninja/sword animations are pretty top, while some of her psychic attacks are kinda goofy looking. Pretty good mobility, decent enough utilities, can survive well enough and has ok sustain once you slap River of souls onto her. Signature and Ult are both useful and cute, weee butterflies!

I have her up to 40 something now. She's not the most exciting, but she's not bad. She could use some sort of random "crap is destroyed skill/aura". Everyone who doesn't have that needs something like that though. I think Daredevils's Rebounding Club is the most entertaining version of it I've seen. Anyway, back to Psylock, I must have missed or not gotten to the "AE mob collector skill". What's that one? I mostly just Falling Lotus around. Then for bosses, I alternate between a heavy spirit spender and her special resource ability.

Speaking of things everyone needs, the mobs on the radar thing. I know it's in the Omega tree, but it's buried nearly 200 points in. It should be at most a 10 point gimme tree opener ability.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #919 on: August 07, 2014, 09:59:40 AM

I have her up to 40 something now. She's not the most exciting, but she's not bad. She could use some sort of random "crap is destroyed skill/aura". Everyone who doesn't have that needs something like that though. I think Daredevils's Rebounding Club is the most entertaining version of it I've seen.

My favorite is board dash on surfer, it shoots random lasers off to the sides that destroy everything.

I am the .00000001428%
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #920 on: August 07, 2014, 11:34:53 AM

Yeah, between board dash and using recon/decon while I'm moving around there's usually nothing alive/unbroken on the screen
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #921 on: August 07, 2014, 12:02:19 PM

I have her up to 40 something now. She's not the most exciting, but she's not bad. She could use some sort of random "crap is destroyed skill/aura". Everyone who doesn't have that needs something like that though. I think Daredevils's Rebounding Club is the most entertaining version of it I've seen. Anyway, back to Psylock, I must have missed or not gotten to the "AE mob collector skill". What's that one? I mostly just Falling Lotus around. Then for bosses, I alternate between a heavy spirit spender and her special resource ability.

Speaking of things everyone needs, the mobs on the radar thing. I know it's in the Omega tree, but it's buried nearly 200 points in. It should be at most a 10 point gimme tree opener ability.

Psionic Vortex in the Telepathy tree, it's a massive AE that drags all the mobs onto your mouse cursor. Vortex into Tsunami Slash, into Psi-thrust, into Falling Lotus into Psionic Assault. All the regular mobs usually die to the Tsunami Slash, the psi-thrust is to refill the meter, Psionic Assault and Falling Lotus are to refill meter and finish off blues/yellows. On bosses you stack Lotus and Assault then hold down your Psi-strike button. Psi-Knife is the basic I use to regen the meter.

Mob Radar is also on a bunch of artifacts and Heimdall's blessing on the enchanter.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #922 on: August 07, 2014, 12:46:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Vortex. That will be handy. I had been wondering about spamming Psi-Strike, it's 3 hits and I was wondering if spamming was interrupting things. Good to know.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #923 on: August 07, 2014, 12:55:52 PM

Mob Radar is also on a bunch of artifacts and Heimdall's blessing on the enchanter.

It's also on some uniques and at least one medallion (Gorgon).

Over and out.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #924 on: August 07, 2014, 01:04:47 PM

How long do they usually keep things on their test server? Is that stuff posted earlier going to show up tomorrow?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #925 on: August 07, 2014, 01:16:43 PM

It's also on some uniques and at least one medallion (Gorgon).

Don't ever wear gorgon's medallion though.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #926 on: August 07, 2014, 01:16:59 PM

How long do they usually keep things on their test server? Is that stuff posted earlier going to show up tomorrow?

Or today.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #927 on: August 07, 2014, 02:24:32 PM

They don't keep stuff on their test server long usually a few days to a week at most.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #928 on: August 07, 2014, 02:50:47 PM

They frequently patch early Friday.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #929 on: August 07, 2014, 03:33:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Vortex. That will be handy. I had been wondering about spamming Psi-Strike, it's 3 hits and I was wondering if spamming was interrupting things. Good to know.

Nah, if anything it's the opposite, where you'll be forced to finish the Psi-Strike animations even if you're wiffing on air. I want to say the dashes can cancel it early to move, but I never concretely tested it.

Vortex is also the 'takes 10% more damage' debuff, so you want to wave it in their regardless probably. There's another cone AE in the telepath tree that does good damage as long as your target is both vulnerable (said 10% more damage debuff) and weakened (do 10% less damage debuff, it's on Psionic Assault so you're likely already using it), but I already have enough buttons so I passed on it.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #930 on: August 07, 2014, 04:46:54 PM

New Legendary:

The level 5 proc goes off individually for each damage type.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #931 on: August 07, 2014, 05:09:44 PM

Does anyone use all 3 types?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: August 07, 2014, 05:11:01 PM

Nope, i can see rogue maybe using all three types depending on how she plays out.  It's still good for hybrids, Gambit would rock the hell outta that.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #933 on: August 07, 2014, 05:21:23 PM

At 1500 damage who cares. That's insane.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #934 on: August 07, 2014, 05:24:49 PM

It's actually 2060 if you count the bonus from the stat gains on the rank 5 proc, plus some crit and brut.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #935 on: August 07, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

Bye bye Gungnir

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #936 on: August 07, 2014, 06:01:28 PM

They also buffed armin zola's exp box and the white gorilla necklace for those of us who lost the gamble on the crimson boxes.

I am the .00000001428%
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #937 on: August 07, 2014, 06:42:46 PM

Pyslocke recently became my main after I found out that my wonky-ass dash spam build was somehow out-DPSing my Taskmaster (this should be seen as an indictment of my ability to build any hero correctly, not of Taskmaster). Even though her physical tree is allegedly her strongest by far, I can't stand the mechanics of it so I run a pure mental build based around building and burning her secondary resource as quickly as possible, which I find fun. She moves incredibly quickly if you alternate her dashes, although not having any jump/teleport kind of sucks.

I got in on a full raid clear the last two nights (weekly raid reset was in between). Seems like "green" raids are fairly easy now for anyone with okay gear who can handle the mechanics, but maybe I just got lucky with my raid groups. The fight mechanics aren't groundbreaking for anyone familiar with WoW-style raiding but it's pretty cool to see it done in a legit ARPG.

No loot upgrades from either run except for a slightly better costume core though. What's up with that.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #938 on: August 07, 2014, 07:20:13 PM

You got the demon eyes which let you buy the recipes to upgrade gear to ilevel 66 though, that's a much bigger difference than a slight stat upgrade to any item.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #939 on: August 08, 2014, 06:49:19 AM

Where is that upgrade recipe?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #940 on: August 08, 2014, 07:12:26 AM

Castle odin, from hogun of on the right side.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #941 on: August 08, 2014, 07:14:14 AM

Thanks.

Is there a point to the bovine medallions?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #942 on: August 08, 2014, 07:15:40 AM

They are used in a runeword i think, the cosmic ones don't even work for that.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #943 on: August 08, 2014, 08:52:32 AM

Nope, i can see rogue maybe using all three types depending on how she plays out.  It's still good for hybrids, Gambit would rock the hell outta that.

Psylocke could rock that thing pretty well. She has a lot of good mental damage powers and physical damage powers. I can't think of any off the top of my head that use all three although rogue probably will and since I intend to get her probably better play the hell out it this weekend to get one lined up for her.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #944 on: August 08, 2014, 08:57:43 AM

Hybrid punchclops.   why so serious?

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: