Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892201 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: August 01, 2014, 03:05:43 PM

Sooo... I've been in Midtown Manhattan for the last 20 minutes, all stuck in my RR Mechfall Ultimate mode.  lol.  It's pretty silly.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: August 01, 2014, 03:38:45 PM

So how does it feel to have good DPS with RR for once? Probably comparable to HT.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: August 01, 2014, 04:56:39 PM

I did it for an hour and it was pretty awesome.  I am not happy with the 52 review, just trying to get to 60 so I can play someone new.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: August 01, 2014, 04:58:57 PM

Why aren't you happy with it?  From a cursory look the trees seem better.

Over and out.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #879 on: August 01, 2014, 05:20:49 PM

Star Lord needed a couple extra weeks on the test server, the basics of a good character are there but he needs sooo much work.

I'm liking him so far. His elemental gun tree isn't too great, but the other two are solid. Orbital Strike is pretty awesome.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: August 01, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

Ok so on the one shot if you trigger the Doras and then just go hang out somewhere else they get through the waves easily without any help, it's your dumb ass triggering more mobs that causes them to die.  This is hilarious.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #881 on: August 01, 2014, 06:29:33 PM

They took away my shield turret, but I'm not too hot on our new signature either, I liked the old one better.  Also the summoner spec, which I run, seems to have had it's ttk go up.  That and I hate that I have to use retcon potions to try out builds.  Burned through 2 already messing around with it. 
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: August 01, 2014, 07:31:50 PM

I'm up to 20ish on Rocket and so far very meh

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: August 01, 2014, 11:03:20 PM

Ok so on the one shot if you trigger the Doras and then just go hang out somewhere else they get through the waves easily without any help, it's your dumb ass triggering more mobs that causes them to die.  This is hilarious.

To be even more specific, it's because players cluster mobs around them, which clusters the Dora's into one spot, which lets the spiders get a three for one deal. You can get similar results by just running circles in the little Dora area as they fight things. The non-spider mobs will chase you, the Dora's will chase those mobs and will spread themselves out and inadvertently move out of the spiders drop circles. Required music for elite strategy: http://youtu.be/ZnHmskwqCCQ  why so serious?

Trying to burn through the waves will cause the Dora's to stack up on whatever mob lives last, then they stay that way and die to spider AE. Like if the Dora's never moved from their little starting triangle, no one would EVER fail the waves, they wouldn't take enough concentrated damage.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: August 02, 2014, 07:04:02 AM

They really need to just do away with the retcon thing and leave the tree open. There'd be a whole lot more experimentation that way.

Anyway, back to Luke Cage, while Cage Was Here is one of the biggest AoE skills I've run across, otherwise he's a mess. I've seen mention of getting animation locked, but I've never really noticed it with anyone else. Luke seems to think he's playing in the WWE. He'll start a finishing move and something will move way and he just keeps swinging in the air or flying elbows the ground. It's a good thing Cage Was Here is that good because otherwise he'd be absolutely awful.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: August 02, 2014, 09:47:05 AM

To be even more specific, it's because players cluster mobs around them, which clusters the Dora's into one spot, which lets the spiders get a three for one deal. You can get similar results by just running circles in the little Dora area as they fight things. The non-spider mobs will chase you, the Dora's will chase those mobs and will spread themselves out and inadvertently move out of the spiders drop circles. Required music for elite strategy: http://youtu.be/ZnHmskwqCCQ  why so serious?

Trying to burn through the waves will cause the Dora's to stack up on whatever mob lives last, then they stay that way and die to spider AE. Like if the Dora's never moved from their little starting triangle, no one would EVER fail the waves, they wouldn't take enough concentrated damage.

Well if you are gonna cheese might as well do it the easier way.  I can fight through the event just fine by myself on moon knight and surfer who are my best geared characters.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #886 on: August 04, 2014, 06:28:31 AM

This is why rocket is pretty good for doing this thing. spread the turrets out and between turrets and groot and yourself mobs get spread around a lot better so less big clumps of leaping spider death to gank the doras.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #887 on: August 04, 2014, 06:30:46 AM

I think the rocket rework was pretty good but I think he still needs some damage tuning. One thing somebody mentioned was making the basic blaster turrets pierce. That would be a really nice usability change as they don't do a ton of damage even fully maxed out. Some of his other stuff needs some upwards tuning damage wise as well. I think they should also condense the shield passive and the dodge aura passive because he has way the hell to much stuff he needs to spend points in and to many passive abilities.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #888 on: August 04, 2014, 01:34:19 PM

Well if you are gonna cheese might as well do it the easier way.  I can fight through the event just fine by myself on moon knight and surfer who are my best geared characters.

Who are also the two highest DPS characters in the game...

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #889 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:00 PM

They're higher DPS than Strange?  He destroys things for me and I know I'm not even using him right.  Though it does help that I appear to have every unique for him now that I got an Eye of Agamotto yesterday.  why so serious?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:08 PM

Moon Knight's Gruesome Frenzy skill is crazy.  And Electromagnetic Flux on SS is also pretty broken. People are using cosmics instead of uniques to get the skills high and getting like 1-2 second kills on the level 60 boss dummy.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: August 04, 2014, 03:34:34 PM

Single target burst isn't exactly what's needed for the doras though, strange would be good for it too.  The problem seems to be that the spiders do a large aoe when they come in which outdamages anything they can do while they are alive, so ignoring the whole thing is better than killing them.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #892 on: August 04, 2014, 03:50:08 PM

Question about artifact farming. Is there a way to go about farming lower level artifacts? For Squirrel Girl, one of the best artifacts is the Latverian Regalia, which handily comes in two versions. The regular and the advanced. I lucked out and got an Advanced one to drop. However, I haven't seen the regular one yet. Is there a way to go about farming it?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #893 on: August 04, 2014, 03:59:20 PM

Question about artifact farming. Is there a way to go about farming lower level artifacts? For Squirrel Girl, one of the best artifacts is the Latverian Regalia, which handily comes in two versions. The regular and the advanced. I lucked out and got an Advanced one to drop. However, I haven't seen the regular one yet. Is there a way to go about farming it?

I have an extra 2%/21%

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #894 on: August 04, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

I don't have many characters at 60 and I've never raided so I'm not sure what good damage is, but MK is hilarious.

Last time I played him I hit juggernaut for 3.8 million at the end of the gruesome frenzy combo.

Probably somewhere around 7 or 8 million for the entire combo.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #895 on: August 04, 2014, 05:45:54 PM

Low level artis are a pain to farm because high level characters get no loot in low level areas, only real way is to level another character and hope for the best.  Artis can drop from mobs their level and up to 20 levels higher.  I believe the latverian regalia is thankfully the only low level arti most people have a genuine need for.

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: August 04, 2014, 05:51:01 PM

You could always cosmic prestige, then you'll be low level a good long time.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #897 on: August 04, 2014, 06:57:28 PM

Especially if you turn off bonus XP.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: August 04, 2014, 06:57:35 PM

OK, it took 10 hours to download, but I'm finally trying this out.  And I'm completely lost and confused.

I got my first Cosmic item.  It's level 2!  why so serious?  I'm level 11 now.  Should I keep this for some reason or vend it?

I do like that the red and blue bubbles don't pop if I don't need them.  That's a definite improvement over D3.

Is there shared loot or should I be hoovering everything I see because it's all mine?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #899 on: August 04, 2014, 07:10:40 PM

If you see it, it's yours.  If you drop an item on the ground then anyone can pick it up.

A level 2 cosmic probably isn't worth keeping once you find a higher level purple for that slot.  Blue could depend upon what it is.  It doesn't make a huge amount of difference because low level gear isn't all that and +1 to all skills is pretty nice.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #900 on: August 04, 2014, 08:18:39 PM

One way to try out new skills without having to use your skill points is by equipping gear that grants levels in that skill.  Not the +X ones, there's some that actually gives you the skill at a set level while you have it equipped.  Then if you end up liking the skill, you can always put your skill points into it.

Over and out.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #901 on: August 05, 2014, 05:30:06 AM

Yeah they say "grants skill at x" versus "add X" 

I think it doesn't bump you by X if you have more than that invested in the skill, too.  That or there's another affix that works that way, because I had a +7 on something and 9 points invested in the skill already and equipping didn't bump me up to 16.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #902 on: August 05, 2014, 06:42:56 AM

Correct, they don't stack.  You get the higher of "grants at" or "innate skill + skills".

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #903 on: August 05, 2014, 09:12:03 AM

Who are also the two highest DPS characters in the game...

Actually I read something today that makes a lot of the weirdness about the one shot make sense. Apparently every time you kill a spider bot one automatically and nearly instantly respawns and they do significant amounts of damage when they land. So basically the better the aoe character the harder time they had with this. Probably why rocket works well for it a lot of damage spread out across a lot of mobs but not really focusing on the spider bots. Apparently the devs have looked into and said it is a bug and is set for patching this week which should make the one shot a bit more consistent.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: August 06, 2014, 09:11:42 AM

Moar questions about farming and cosmics.

I've become good friends with the Sister Minister looking for his cuirass for Squirrel Girl. Is there a point to the bounty chests? Do they have a chance at the boss specific loot or is it just "standard" loot?

Speaking of bosses in general, what are those random treasure boxes that spawn? They rarely have anything other than a medkit, a couple of XP balls and a couple of blue and green pieces.

Finally, I think I've got a handle on most of the boss affixes, but I haven't figured out what Kinetic Vortex is?

This game could really use a combat log. Occasionally I just up and keel over dead and I can't figure out what happened.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #905 on: August 06, 2014, 09:13:40 AM

Oh, Team-up gear. Is there some magical place where purple pieces drop? Most of what I see is white, the occasional green and the very, very rare blue. I have two purple pieces I've gotten from login rewards.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #906 on: August 06, 2014, 09:31:39 AM

I think Kinetic Vortex just pulls you in if you're close enough to the boss.

If you randomly fall over dead it was probably Rhino or Juggernaut.   awesome, for real

-Rasix
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #907 on: August 06, 2014, 09:44:24 AM

That stupid charge is the only thing that ever kills me.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #908 on: August 06, 2014, 09:44:52 AM

Moar questions about farming and cosmics.

I've become good friends with the Sister Minister looking for his cuirass for Squirrel Girl. Is there a point to the bounty chests? Do they have a chance at the boss specific loot or is it just "standard" loot?

Cosmic chests have standard loot, you can't get boss specific drops from them.  The point is more loot i guess, i generally skip them on everyone except kurse who requires some trash clearing regardless.

Speaking of bosses in general, what are those random treasure boxes that spawn? They rarely have anything other than a medkit, a couple of XP balls and a couple of blue and green pieces.

One of the boss affixes spawns the extra chest, i think its marvelous.  Usually good for a free relic.

finally, I think I've got a handle on most of the boss affixes, but I haven't figured out what Kinetic Vortex is?

Pulls you in like someone said.  Epic team up gear only comes from special stuff like login bonuses and reliquaries.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:46:36 AM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #909 on: August 06, 2014, 01:29:28 PM

Overall he is better. Damage still needs tuning though he is still a bit underpowered after the rework. He also is CRAZY point heavy he has 4 passives now and his defensive passive is split between two passives. Most of the level 52 reworks have lowered the amount of passives to prevent this but rockets made that problem worse.

I think it with some minor tweaking and maybe condensing his two defensive passives into one he would be in a pretty good spot.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: